Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43580
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 4:48pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ibiza
Posted By: brissy
Subject: Ibiza
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 1:43am
Any i ever go to ibiza or work the over the summer period?Any good,im going in may for as long as possible

Replies:
Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 2:58am
Best of luck

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 3:04am
If you don't like noisy British people, don't go.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 3:10am
Never been but I'd say it would be fun for a couple of weeks. After that it would prob start to grate a bit. Plus your liver will be fooked by the end of the summer.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: Ciano316
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 3:55am
It's a wonderful place but you will defo need a holiday after that holiday. Go for a week and it seems like one really long day it never stops. But a great great place with some lovely ladies. 

Thumbs Up

-------------
I Love Loft.
twitter - @Ciano316

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 8:14am
You going to try get work there yeah? sh*te money being a rep but they always seem to get a night out and get hammered no matter how little money they have.
I've never been to Ibiza but I heard its absolute class. But expensive. That's what has always put me off

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 8:51am
Yeah I worked over there for a while . Apart from San Antonio (where they have pidgeon holed all the muppets) it's a beautiful place .

For numerous reasons , If your goin over to work try look for a job in the old town . Firstly , its not San Antonio . Secondly , It closes down earlier (around 4am) than San Antonio (6pm) so your working hours would be shorter and at that time you still have the option of goin out to one of the clubs as they only get goin then . You also have a much better chance of getting season passes into the decent clubs . I got passes for Pacha and Space when I worked there and didn't have to pay in to either all summer. Use to go to Pacha nearly every night after work which was quality !!

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 11:23am
In fairness to San Antonio, although it's a complete sh1thole, it's the best place for getting a bit of T-Rex. I've been to Ibiza 6 times and San An is the only place I regularly got my hole. The birds are belters in the old town but that's no use when you can't get near them.

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 11:25am
A lad I know from FB did this last year. Nearly every day he was puttin up pictures of him surrounded by little rides. G'luck Brissy. Thumbs Up

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

In fairness to San Antonio, although it's a complete sh1thole, it's the best place for getting a bit of T-Rex. I've been to Ibiza 6 times and San An is the only place I regularly got my hole. The birds are belters in the old town but that's no use when you can't get near them.

Once ye have a bit of the language the Irish charm proves irresistible every time

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 12:11pm
Someone told me ya pay about €7 for a bottle of water over there, as all the drug heads need it, is that true?

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Yeah I worked over there for a while . Apart from San Antonio (where they have pidgeon holed all the muppets) it's a beautiful place .

For numerous reasons , If your goin over to work try look for a job in the old town . Firstly , its not San Antonio . Secondly , It closes down earlier (around 4am) than San Antonio (6pm) so your working hours would be shorter and at that time you still have the option of goin out to one of the clubs as they only get goin then . You also have a much better chance of getting season passes into the decent clubs . I got passes for Pacha and Space when I worked there and didn't have to pay in to either all summer. Use to go to Pacha nearly every night after work which was quality !!

Agree with all of that. Never worked there but been to the island a few times and stayed in both San Antonio and Ibiza Town. Ibiza town defo the place to stay. If you're into decent clubs then Space is on you're doorstep - best nightclub I've ever been to anyway especially the terrace where every DJ brings their A-game. Pacha is closer to Ibiza town and you have Bora Bora beach around the corner. San An is a great spot for nights out too in a different way but you'll get a bit sick of being amongst all those 24/7 (plenty of muppets about as BB says).

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Once ye have a bit of the language the Irish charm proves irresistible every time

To be honest, I don't blame the birds. I was the drunkest man on the island for the majority of my times there

Posted By: newrygreen
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 7:30pm
Was there in 2007. West End in San An is good for your cheap drink deals, but the superclubs are expensive as f**k. Enjoyed it though. Not as good as Magaluf 

-------------
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 10:53pm
Heading over in July with 7lads 350 for 7nights and flights staying in San Antonio. Not liking the rumours of how deer everything is but the acts were seeing over the week are unbelievable 

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Heading over in July with 7lads 350 for 7nights and flights staying in San Antonio. Not liking the rumours of how deer everything is but the acts were seeing over the week are unbelievable 

Who you going to? Always used to base the dates we went on who was playing. Haven't been there since 09 Cry

The big club/nights are dear but the vibe and sounds in some of them is unbelievable. Just get plenty of cheap gargle into you before yis go in so you don't spend too much in there.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: Greengunner
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 12:43am
Was their in 03, went over for my 21st with the wife. Stayed in san an, the place does not shut down always a party somewhere. Prices for the bigger clubs are crazy anything from e30 entry i have a recipet for a vodka + orange and a bottle of water for e18 from Privelige, what a club though bigger than a football pitch. As others have said plenty of cheep booze in offies and supermarkets. What a fantastic place though Enjoy

Posted By: newrygreen
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 12:45am
Best clubnight I had there was Carl Cox in Space. 

-------------
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 8:44am
John Digweed at Space 9am on a Monday

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Originally posted by max max wrote:

Who you going to? Always used to base the dates we went on who was playing. Haven't been there since 09 Cry

The big club/nights are dear but the vibe and sounds in some of them is unbelievable. Just get plenty of cheap gargle into you before yis go in so you don't spend too much in there.

Over the week SHM example avicci nicky romero nervo calvin harris benny bennasi fifty cent theres lots more and we didnt plan the holiday around acts they all just happen to be playing at the same time gonna need some amount of beans but will be worth it

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 10:25am
I'm heading over on June the 8th, i was supposed to go on the 6th due to it being one of my best mates birthdays but i had to tell him i couldn't miss the Faroe Islands home game on the 7th for it so he wasn't impressed! 

I'm really looking forward to it now, iv'e been allover Europe at this stage so i'm surprised it's taken me until i'm 24 to get there! Can't wait now Approve

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: harry
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 9:55pm
Well GD how did the week go any young ones Tongue

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:59am
Went here in 08 and stayed right in the centre of San An, was no where near as nice as the other side of the island but was still good craic. Much preferred my time spent over on Bora Bora & Space is by far the best nightclub I've ever been to.

Going back this year for 2 weeks in August and being 5 years older will (more than likely) mean a bit quieter of a holiday with the mrs coming along as well. Staying in San Antonio bay this time round which is a small boat or 10 min taxi away from the west end so far enough away from the madness to avoid it when needed! Much too expensive for 2 people to stay over in Playa D'En Bossa any where I looked...

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:21pm
Thinking of doing a few days here in September. Not into sh*tty dance music or clubs. Looking for somewhere decent to stay but near a bit of night life. No sh*tholes

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:29pm
I didn't know Dundalk was closed this year.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:17pm
Formentera is the classier part of Ibiza (well, off Ibiza). 

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Thinking of doing a few days here in September. Not into sh*tty dance music or clubs. Looking for somewhere decent to stay but near a bit of night life. No sh*tholes

Stayed in apartments called Jabeque 3 years ago. Quiet location but only 10 minutes walk to Playa Den Bossa in one direction and the same to Ibiza Town in other direction. Right on the seafront as well

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:32pm
pickpocket central from what I heard

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:33pm

Why Ibiza BSM? 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:59am

Why Ibiza BSM? 
thinking of doing Madrid for a few days then onto somewhere else. Flights are cheap to Ibiza! No other reason reallyEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:55am

Why Ibiza BSM? 
thinking of doing Madrid for a few days then onto somewhere else. Flights are cheap to Ibiza! No other reason reallyEmbarrassed

Fair enough. There are some quieter parts of Ibiza but in the Summer season, it is the main spot in Europe for heads to go on the session clubbing. Its expensive too. 

Have you ever been to Seville or San Sebastián? They are great cities and I'd guess flights would be cheap from Madrid. Bilbao/ Biarritz are both an hour away from San Sebastián if you're looking to fly home and are both worth exploring in their own right. The beach in San Sebastián is amazing too.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:35am

Haven't been there in a few years but Ibiza Town is probably your best option. Quieter than San An but still plenty going on, loads of pubs and clubs & close to Playa Den Bossa

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Haven't been there in a few years but Ibiza Town is probably your best option. Quieter than San An but still plenty going on, loads of pubs and clubs & close to Playa Den Bossa

It's mad money to booze in the majority of the decent bars though. On the flip side, the perving is sensational. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:57pm

Why Ibiza BSM? 

Fair enough. There are some quieter parts of Ibiza but in the Summer season, it is the main spot in Europe for heads to go on the session clubbing. Its expensive too. 

Have you ever been to Seville or San Sebastián? They are great cities and I'd guess flights would be cheap from Madrid. Bilbao/ Biarritz are both an hour away from San Sebastián if you're looking to fly home and are both worth exploring in their own right. The beach in San Sebastián is amazing too.

👍cheers.....will probably end up doing a Dundalk and Newry combo LOL

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:44pm

The Celtic Tiger is back so long Craptown Cool

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net