Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43301
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Padraig Nally
Posted By: SuperDave84
Subject: Padraig Nally
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 10:55pm
Anyone else on here watching the show on Nally? Interesting television.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 11:13pm
Good Man Nally,Defender of Rural Ireland...

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 11:25pm
Padraig Nally Clap 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 11:28pm
Great Doc.  Very well handled.  The two lads at the start were great and got their side across very well and with compassion.  Nally got his story across well and with compassion too and the production was very good.  Good Editorial line on the doc too.  

Public Service Broadcasting at its best.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Just a pity rural Ireland wanted nothing to do with the guy before he committed murder. Sitting there alone night after night with no-one giving a rashers about him

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 12:17pm
Had it recorded but had seen it before. Good production alright. Closest Garda station was 25 miles away at the time. Wonder whether that station was a victim of last month's cut backs.

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Just a pity rural Ireland wanted nothing to do with the guy before he committed murder. Sitting there alone night after night with no-one giving a rashers about him

you're dead right fully agree.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 1:40pm
Can all the pro Nally guys explain something to me? What is the difference between him and the Scissor Sisters? Both cases involved a dead 'scumbag' and the hiding of the body. In the ladies case he actually attacked them. One is a hero, two are doing life. Don't get it.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 1:46pm

Can all the pro Nally guys explain something to me? What is the difference between him and the Scissor Sisters? Both cases involved a dead 'scumbag' and the hiding of the body. In the ladies case he actually attacked them. One is a hero, two are doing life. Don't get it.
The way the media reported it is one thing. I suppose chopping up the body and throwing it in a canal isn't a great image either.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:05pm

are you for real?

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:07pm
@roverstillidie
I think his neighbours were mean't to have been very good to him and he was well liked in the community so Im not sure if its fair to say that "rural Ireland wanted nothing to do with him". Do ya know that for sure?!

It's not a case Id be celebrating or condemning as the state failed him. I don't feel there was any badness in him.Didnt he say he say he was relieved to be going to jail so he'd be safe when he first went inside?! When you hear something like that from the man, its sad thing to hear. He was constantly afraid.An awful situation to be in for somebody living on their own.

Whether its a traveller or anyone else harrassing somebody,as brutal as his fate was, well Id have very little sympathy for them. When the state doesn't protect vulnerable people, they'll resort to desperate measures like in that instance. I feel sorry for Nally because that was the only way he could see it stopping.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:10pm
I agree with everything he done but at the same time, if everyone done it, the place would be like America.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

thing. I suppose chopping up the body and throwing it in a canal isn't a great image either.

Nor is shooting someone in the back, beating them with a plank of wood, going indoors for more ammo, a headshot on a guy on the deck and then hiding the body in a ditch.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

are you for real?

Very much so. Two cases around the same time with generally similar circumstances.

One case becomes a cause celebre. One case they got what they deserved. Why the double standard?

Is it a class thing? Rural middle aged farmer versus two inner city Dub youngwans?

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

@roverstillidie
I think his neighbours were mean't to have been very good to him and he was well liked in the community so Im not sure if its fair to say that "rural Ireland wanted nothing to do with him". Do ya know that for sure?!

There was a lot of comment at the time that he was clearly losing it, had drifted away from the world to sit on his porch with his shooter. No-one checked in on him or rang anyone in authority.

@It's not a case Id be celebrating or condemning as the state failed him. I don't feel there was any badness in him.Didnt he say he say he was relieved to be going to jail so he'd be safe when he first went inside?! When you hear something like that from the man, its sad thing to hear. He was constantly afraid.An awful situation to be in for somebody living on their own.

I agree. But it could just as easily have been the postman he shot. I don't dispute the Gardai are useless. A shot into the sky would have done the trick.

@Whether its a traveller or anyone else harrassing somebody,as brutal as his fate was, well Id have very little sympathy for them. When the state doesn't protect vulnerable people, they'll resort to desperate measures like in that instance. I feel sorry for Nally because that was the only way he could see it stopping.

So he set out to do it? That is, well, murder.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

I agree with everything he done but at the same time, if everyone done it, the place would be like America.

So logically you support the scissor sisters and if not, why not?

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:20pm

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

thing. I suppose chopping up the body and throwing it in a canal isn't a great image either.

Nor is shooting someone in the back, beating them with a plank of wood, going indoors for more ammo, a headshot on a guy on the deck and then hiding the body in a ditch.

Thanked ya by accident there but both acts themselves are shocking. nobody can deny that but Nally obviously wasn't in a sound state of mind. I think the other case was shocking to the public in how calculating the two sisters were doing it without remorse.They knew what they were doing. Thats my understanding of it.
What makes the Nally one frightening is you had an otherwise placid individual resort to an act like that. You dont know what you'd be capable of if you were ever pushed into a situation like that

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:27pm

@roverstillidie

There was a lot of comment at the time that he was clearly losing it, had drifted away from the world to sit on his porch with his shooter. No-one checked in on him or rang anyone in authority.

@It's not a case Id be celebrating or condemning as the state failed him. I don't feel there was any badness in him.Didnt he say he say he was relieved to be going to jail so he'd be safe when he first went inside?! When you hear something like that from the man, its sad thing to hear. He was constantly afraid.An awful situation to be in for somebody living on their own.

I agree. But it could just as easily have been the postman he shot. I don't dispute the Gardai are useless. A shot into the sky would have done the trick.

@Whether its a traveller or anyone else harrassing somebody,as brutal as his fate was, well Id have very little sympathy for them. When the state doesn't protect vulnerable people, they'll resort to desperate measures like in that instance. I feel sorry for Nally because that was the only way he could see it stopping.

So he set out to do it? That is, well, murder.

Not in that sense tbh. The act itself would be considered murder but he clearly had diminished responsibility.I dont think it was as premeditated as much as it was heat of the moment.He decided to finish him off while he was in an unfit state of mind. Is it still considered murder if he's of unsound mind at that time ?!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:27pm

Thanked ya by accident there but both acts themselves are shocking. nobody can deny that but Nally obviously wasn't in a sound state of mind. I think the other case was shocking to the public in how calculating the two sisters were doing it without remorse.They knew what they were doing. Thats my understanding of it.
What makes the Nally one frightening is you had an otherwise placid individual resort to an act like that. You dont know what you'd be capable of if you were ever pushed into a situation like that

Nally sat there week in week out all night long waiting for someone to enter his land with the explicit intention of killing them. That could have just as easily been a neighbour calling in, the parish priest, someone canvassing for a political party, a salesperson etc.

I do have sympathy for the situation he was in, I really do, but the picture of a pillar of the community being plagued by thieves pushed over the edge is a load of arse.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:28pm
Read the wikipedia entry on jury nullification. I think that's what happened with Nally. He really ought to have been convicted of manslaughter (were this to occur today, I'd advise him to plead to manslaughter, ffs, on the grounds of diminished responsibility, but I suppose his lawyers are better than me, plus diminished responsibility is only a more recent creation in Ireland).

I wouldn't play the Dublin vs Mayo card though, cos although the first trial was in Mayo, the re-trial (where he was acquitted after the first conviction was quashed) was held in Dublin.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:30pm

Not in that sense tbh. The act itself would be considered murder but he clearly had diminished responsibility.I dont think it was as premeditated as much as it was heat of the moment.He decided to finish him off while he was in an unfit state of mind. Is it still considered murder if he's of unsound mind at that time ?!

He didn't plead insanity or diminished responsibility, so we will never know.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:36pm

He didn't plead insanity or diminished responsibility, so we will never know.

Plus, like I said above, afaik, diminished responsibility was not part of Irish law at the time.

The doctrine of excessive self-defence was though (and remains, albeit very rarely used, seeing as it only changes murder to manslaughter and has no application elsewhere), which, like diminished responsibility, would have lead to a conviction for manslaughter. It applies where the killing is admitted and where the force used is more than reasonably necessary but where the accused thinks it is necessary. I think they may have ran that too in Nally, at least as a back up plan, saying first, it was total self-defence (the force was reasonable) but that even if the jury thought it wasn't, and thought he should be convicted of something, and concluded that the force was unreasonable, Nally thought it was reasonable, and so should only be convicted of manslaughter, on the grounds of excessive self-defence.

-------------

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:55pm

So logically you support the scissor sisters and if not, why not?
I support shooting knackers.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:56pm
I think he should have been found guilty but that the sentencing by the judge was the place to take into account his situation and circumstances.

I think it is wrong that a person has been killed in those circumstances and there is no convinction for it even though it went to trial. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:02pm
Just to clarify lads why did he actually get off in the end?! I was under the impression that it was because he wasn't in a fit state of mind to be held accountable for his actions. Anybody can tell that was excessive force to say the least. If he got off for anything other than a plea of insanity, its sets a dangerous precedent for future cases like this

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:04pm

Just to clarify lads why did he actually get off in the end?! I was under the impression that it was because he wasn't in a fit state of mind to be held accountable for his actions. Anybody can tell that was excessive force to say the least. If he got off for anything other than a plea of insanity, its sets a dangerous precedent for future cases like this

Like I said, it smacks of jury nullification.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Like I said, it smacks of jury nullification.

I see. But how can a jury get away with that?! The fact they disagree with a law and can acquit someone on the grounds that they feel the law is unjust, that seems ludicrous. How can the law which is supposed to be indiscriminate, be subject to a jury's opinion. Shouldnt the jury be applying the law, not disregarding it no matter how draconian and unjust it may be?

-------------

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:17pm
If someone comes into your house like that they deserve to be shot.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Who came into whose house?

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:48pm

Who came into whose house?

Your man the knacker into Nally house.

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Had it recorded but had seen it before. Good production alright. Closest Garda station was 25 miles away at the time. Wonder whether that station was a victim of last month's cut backs.

Did it say in the documentary that the nearest Garda Station was 25 miles away? He lives in Cross which is right between Ballinrobe and Headford. Both are about a 10 minute drive away. Im almost certain both of them have Garda stations. Claremorris and Castlebar arent 25 miles away either.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:58pm
RTID is spot on here. I always worry about myself when I say that!!

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:01pm

Your man the knacker into Nally house.

No he didn't...

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:02pm

Shouldnt the jury be applying the law, not disregarding it no matter how draconian and unjust it may be?

they are under no obligation to apply the law,  they have to decide if he is guilty or not , they can chose to acquit him for any reason at all..

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:09pm

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Shouldnt the jury be applying the law, not disregarding it no matter how draconian and unjust it may be?

they are under no obligation to apply the law,  they have to decide if he is guilty or not , they can chose to acquit him for any reason at all..

Fair enough milla but where does the law come in so? Is the law not the basis for their verdict? 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:15pm

[QUOTE=corkery]

I support the shooting of bigots and fascists.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:16pm

That is just simply not true. It may be what happens in practice, but that is fundamentally not what juries are there to do.

From a legal perspective it was manslaughter, open and shut. The judge then makes a call on mitigating circumstances. In this case the second jury made the call that on the face of it was not theirs to make.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:18pm
On the subject of traveler crimes, about half an hour ago some pikey got on the bus and stole some young lads Iphone. Snatched it right from his hands and legged it off.

The scummy f**ker doesnt know that I know what pikey camp he lives in and I just reported him. Hopefully the feds raid their horrible little shack with wheels.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

On the subject of traveler crimes, about half an hour ago some pikey got on the bus and stole some young lads Iphone. Snatched it right from his hands and legged it off.

The scummy f**ker doesnt know that I know what pikey camp he lives in and I just reported him. Hopefully the feds raid their horrible little shack with wheels.
And this is relevant because...............

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:21pm

That is just simply not true. It may be what happens in practice, but that is fundamentally not what juries are there to do.

read my post , i said they are under no obligation , they listen to the arguments and they make the call , the reasons why they make the call are never questioned,

they can simply free or condemn someone solely on a hunch or whether they like them or not.

perhaps if they had to then publish a decision like a judge does there might be some oversight , but the fact remains that most likely they will never sit in a court again so if their decision was disputed its irrelevant to them anyway.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Because a large section of their social grouping are thieving criminals and deserve to be shot Thumbs Up

If only The Great Padraig Nally was there Cry

Posted By: sausy

why wasn't he shot as he ran away?

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

why wasn't he shot as he ran away?

He was shot on CCTV and my 20:20 vision as an eye witness Cool

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:27pm

[

read my post , i said they are under no obligation , they listen to the arguments and they make the call , the reasons why they make the call are never questioned,

they can simply free or condemn someone solely on a hunch or whether they like them or not.

perhaps if they had to then publish a decision like a judge does there might be some oversight , but the fact remains that most likely they will never sit in a court again so if their decision was disputed its irrelevant to them anyway.

Depends on your definition of 'obligation'. In theory, they are very much under obligation to make their judgement as per the law and the facts of the case. As you say, sometimes they go off on one.

How a jury can decide that shooting someone who is walking up your driveway, beating him with a plank of wood, going back into the house, getting more ammo, shooting that person again as they were crawling away and then hiding the body is self defence is anyone's guess.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:30pm
Majority of tinkers are all coonts and robbing bast@rds. Claiming dole and they have brand new cars how ya work that out. Anyone who defends a tinker is a bigger dope.

Posted By: greengiant
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:31pm

Because a large section of their social grouping are thieving criminals and deserve to be shot Thumbs Up

LOLLOL You have to hand it to them,they must think the rest of the country is braindead!,they blatantly engage in illegal activities but no one asks a question for fear of being discriminative! Clap

-------------
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:33pm

Majority of tinkers are all coonts and robbing bast@rds. Claiming dole and they have brand new cars how ya work that out. Anyone who defends a tinker is a bigger dope.

So they should just all be shot in the back?

Good man.

The majority of farmers are tax dodgers. Surely they are fair game for theivery?

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:36pm

and I still fail to see it. A mate a Mayo farmer who was an absolute **** once. That isn't relevant either. You are just trying to take the populist bigot line

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:38pm

[

Depends on your definition of 'obligation'. In theory, they are very much under obligation to make their judgement as per the law and the facts of the case. As you say, sometimes they go off on one.

How a jury can decide that shooting someone who is walking up your driveway, beating him with a plank of wood, going back into the house, getting more ammo, shooting that person again as they were crawling away and then hiding the body is self defence is anyone's guess.
Agree with RTID on this
Ive every sympathy with Nally and if people can forget the fact it was a traveller, it's still hard to fathom how he's not guilty of manslaughter.If it was not guilty by reason of insanity like in the U.S., I can understand it but again it sets a dangerous precedent

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:40pm

and I still fail to see it. A mate a Mayo farmer who was an absolute **** once. That isn't relevant either. You are just trying to take the populist bigot line

A bit rich
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/things-that-annoy-the-fook-out-of-you_topic26054_page103.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/things-that-annoy-the-fook-out-of-you_topic26054_page103.html

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:42pm

A bit rich
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/things-that-annoy-the-fook-out-of-you_topic26054_page103.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/things-that-annoy-the-fook-out-of-you_topic26054_page103.html
I still live here, serve them everyday and work in their economy. I am about to propose to one of them. Would you propose to a traveller?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:43pm
It is a bit tedious Landon. You take the controversial opinion on everything and argue it badly for a bit then leggit. Its ok, we can see you.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:46pm

It is a bit tedious Landon. You take the controversial opinion on everything and argue it badly for a bit then leggit. Its ok, we can see you.

You come onto this site and argue with people every time you log on. Your only function on here is to argue with people aggressively. Then when shamrock lose a few results you go missing. Im not taking that from you of all people LOL

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:48pm
When a scumbag commits a crime does anybody ever say he is from the settled community.    A huge amount of crimes are committed by the settled community. Does that make anybody who is settled a scumbag. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:49pm

I still live here, serve them everyday and work in their economy. I am about to propose to one of them. Would you propose to a traveller?

Anyone can be a traveller. If Candice Swanepoel became a traveller tomorrow, id marry her. They are not a race. They are a social grouping like a fan club or a society Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:49pm
I thought for a second he was describing himself!

-------------
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

When a scumbag commits a crime does anybody ever say he is from the settled community.    A huge amount of crimes are committed by the settled community. Does that make anybody who is settled a scumbag. 
Political Correctness at its best Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:56pm

Anyone can be a traveller. If Candice Swanepoel became a traveller tomorrow, id marry her. They are not a race. They are a social grouping like a fan club or a society Thumbs Up
There is only one race. Racism was invented hundreds of years ago by colonialists who wanted to excuse their behaviour. Stop deflecting from your own prejudice.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 5:00pm

There is only one race. Racism was invented hundreds of years ago by colonialists who wanted to excuse their behaviour. Stop deflecting from your own prejudice.

-------------

Posted By: deisedevil
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 5:24pm

dont think the fact yourman was a pikey should have anything to do with it, you come on to someones property with the intention of stealing you get both barrells, or in nallys case both barrells and another one for good measure.

all these elderly who are being battered in their homes for a few hundred euro should tool up, never mind these panic buttons and the like, 12 gauge semi auto for €200 and they could sleep easy

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 5:43pm

Jaysus Baldy. Ermm 

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

dont think the fact yourman was a pikey should have anything to do with it, you come on to someones property with the intention of stealing you get both barrells, or in nallys case both barrells and another one for good measure.

all these elderly who are being battered in their homes for a few hundred euro should tool up, never mind these panic buttons and the like, 12 gauge semi auto for €200 and they could sleep easy

ClapClapClap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:02pm

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what ya really think deise

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:56pm
Pikey scum

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

Political Correctness at its best Dead

What is political correctness about that, it is a fact.   People are people and if we pick groupings us in the settled community have far  more serious criminals per head of capita than the so called travelling community.   Why should law abiding traveling people be thrown in with law breaking traveling people, when law abiding settled people are not thrown in with law breaking settled people.

We have a user on here who said it is ok to shoot traveling people.   That is unreal. 

Most people would look back at slavery and what went on in Nazi Germany as madness but it is worrying when you have people on here posting that it is ok to just shoot traveling people even if they are not a criminal.  I understand that  this would be only the view of one or two on here and not what  most people are posting but it is crazy to think that someone on here thinks its ok just to shoot people. 

By the way that user is Corkery and I am not throwing in people who believe a person has  a right to defend their property regardless of the social grouping of the person who is breaking into the property. 

Nally should have been found guilty of manslaughter in my view and the circumstances of the act should have been dealt with in the sentencing and he should have got a reduced sentence possibly suspended due to the complexities of the case, but there should be a crime there as a person died and as far as I know there is no death penalty for robbery. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:23pm

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:37pm
i actualy agree with RTID on this one

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:22am

But how do you know they have the 'intention of stealing'? A bag with swag written on it?

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 11:57am

But how do you know they have the 'intention of stealing'? A bag with swag written on it?

What did you think his intentions were when he broke into the mans home? Hardly think he was there to help him consolidate all his loans into one easy monthly payment.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 11:59am

What did you think his intentions were when he broke into the mans home? Hardly think he was there to help him consolidate all his loans into one easy monthly payment.

LOL

RTIDClown

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:08pm

He didn't break into his home though, did he?

If he had, the discussion would be very different.

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:21pm
My understanding is that he was on his land, but  did not break into his house.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:27pm
Nally should've sat in his gaff waiting for him to enter before he took action. 

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:34pm
Or just fired into the air...

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:48pm
He panicked and shot him because he feared for his life. This is a man who had 80, yes 80, previous convictions, including attacking members of the gardai with a slash hook. And it wasn't the first time he was on his land. f**k him

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 1:14pm

He panicked and shot him because he feared for his life. This is a man who had 80, yes 80, previous convictions, including attacking members of the gardai with a slash hook. And it wasn't the first time he was on his land. f**k him
What he^^^ says

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 1:59pm

yes, but when he went back into the house, reloaded and came pack out and shot him dead as he was crawling away, it was no longer self defence or whatever, it became murder imo

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

yes, but when he went back into the house, reloaded and came pack out and shot him dead as he was crawling away, it was no longer self defence or whatever, it became murder imo

Is the correct answer.

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 2:48pm

That's where the fear came in. He had shot him. If he didn't shoot him, there was little doubt in Nally's mind this lunatic would have come back with his pals and do him in. And make no bones about it, this guy was a total scumbag. It would not have cost him a thought

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 7:12pm

He wasn't going to make it. Shooting him again was the kind thing to do.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:15pm

He wasn't going to make it. Shooting him again was the kind thing to do.

Both for the pikey and for society in general.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:55pm
Padraig Nally documentary on again tonight at 9pm on RTE2.

Saw it before, but will probably watch it again.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 7:21pm
a national hero.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:04pm
Is this like one of those TV3 shows? Glorifying murdering scum?

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: Declanus
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:15pm
I know rovers supporters are scum, but why would you make a show about murdering them

Posted By: MaradonaSeven
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:36pm

Is this like one of those TV3 shows? Glorifying murdering scum?

Sometimes it is right to glorify people who murder scum.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Declanus Declanus wrote:

I know rovers supporters are scum, but why would you make a show about murdering them

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:48pm
There should be a statue of Nally in his home town and streets named after him in other towns.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

There should be a statue of Nally in his home town and streets named after him in other towns.
Why? Give us some good reasons for this

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:08pm
There is one less robbing scumbag in this world because of Nally.We should be forever grateful.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:12pm
Agreed. A toerag that made a habit of threatening women and kids with slash hooks and intimidating people in their own homes. Justice was served.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

There is one less robbing scumbag in this world because of Nally.We should be forever grateful.
I would usually never be grateful to anyone for the murder of a man. Especially in this case, when discrimination to a group of people was the driving force for a lot of people who supported Nally

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:17pm

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I would usually never be grateful to anyone for the murder of a man. Especially in this case, when discrimination to a group of people was the driving force for a lot of people who supported Nally

The same man who made countless other peoples lives a misery?

I couldn't care less what group of people Ward was from ,he was a scumbag . The sad thing is Nally never had and never will have a moments peace the rest of his life.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:54pm

I couldn't care less what group of people Ward was from ,he was a scumbag . The sad thing is Nally never had and never will have a moments peace the rest of his life.
And that is because of people like yourself and Cm79 worshipping him calling him

1 a hero
2 Statues to be erected to celebrate his honour
3 Streets in every town around the country to be renamed in his honour

Yes Ward was a scumbag , but this whole case was driven by a different agenda at times , and I don't mean the changes to the law in terms of self defence.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 9:59pm

And that is because of people like yourself and Cm79 worshipping him calling him

1 a hero
2 Statues to be erected to celebrate his honour
3 Streets in every town around the country to be renamed in his honour

Yes Ward was a scumbag , but this whole case was driven by a different agenda at times , and I don't mean the changes to the law in terms of self defence.

What are you talking about ? Worship him

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:10pm
Farmer. Leader. Legend.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:11pm
I assume he means comments involving statues and being forever grateful

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:24pm
We are a nation of cowards who let some travelling groups intimidate ordinary decent folk.

If the police took action against these scumbags, Padraig Nally wouldn't have had to shoot someone dead.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net