Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43023
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 6:02pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: England Rugby Supporters Thread
Posted By: sid waddell
Subject: England Rugby Supporters Thread
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:27am
Good win (Fred) today for the boys in the RBS Six Nations opener. The Calcutta Cup is back where it belongs - the Twickenham trophy room. 

This nicely sets up a massive clash at Lord Lansdowne Park next week. While the Irish are to be respected  (we're far too smart and gentlemanly not to respect an opponent), their innate fecklessness will out and we will win. 

Chris Ashton's class, Manu Tuilagi's flair, Owen Farrell's tactical acumen and Chris Robshaw's leadership will prove too much. These guys are all British Loins test material. 

Stuart Lancaster's coaching has been a revelation. It was little over a year ago that people said English rugby was dead. Now these people are eating their words. I hope your association footballers don't plough up the pitch too much for our twinkle-toed runners on Wednesday. Come Sunday, you'll know you were second best. 

We will win, and win well. 

Replies:
Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 5:06am
One of the oddest looking trophies out there, it has to be said. Not quite as ridiculous as the Cricket Ashes, or the minature egg chasing trophy for the 10 nation world cup, but right up there with them all the same.

File:Calcutta Cup, Twickenham, July 07.jpg

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 5:15am
Back to the top for you, Mister. 

Who wants to ride in this chariot?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 10:35am
That trophy looks like a urn.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 10:43am
is it only England that make up sh*te trophy's  to win ? 

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Ireland and England play for the Millenium Trophy. I think it was us that made it up that time, for the 1988 Millenium (the original and best Millenium, f**k that Y2K sh*t)

Australia and New Zealand play for the Bledisloe Cup.

This thread Thumbs Down

Posted By: Sir Clive 2
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 11:47am
I really enjoy coming over to Ireland.  I gotta say its one of my favourite parts of the UK. So much beautiful scenery and I usually stay with my pal Donal Lenihan #real nice guy.   We normally go to the Waterloo bar for a few pre game pints then after the game we have a dinner party back in Donal's.  #good laugh.

Anyways boys lets have a good game or rugby today and may the best team win.
#England legends number 1.

P.S. Guys I just thought I would let you know that I work these days doing after dinner speeches on how to be a world class performer in business and in sport.  I ran a very successful company before taking the England job and we strove to be a world leader in our field. #winner on and off the field
for more info please contact:  sir.clivewinner@gmail.com

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:17pm
Nothing worse than an unfunny wum.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Ireland and England play for the Millenium Trophy. I think it was us that made it up that time, for the 1988 Millenium (the original and best Millenium, f**k that Y2K sh*t)

Australia and New Zealand play for the Bledisloe Cup.

This thread Thumbs Down

LOLLOL

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:21pm
Worst thread ever

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Nothing worse than an unfunny wum.

+1

To think grown men actually start up fake profiles and go to all that effort to be unfunny, ffs Confused

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:11pm
The Calcutta Cup is the oldest trophy in rugby football. People would be well advised to show it some respect. 

This game is going to plan for us, with only the appalling conditions keeping the Irish in it so far. 

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:30pm
Tremendous bravery from Courtney Lawes. Loin-hearted. 

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:44pm
England's defence has been heroic. 

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:51pm
12-6 didn't reflect our dominance at all there. The Grand Slam should now be a formality. 

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:12pm
Very disappointed for the boys after this evening's "Le Crunch". We got off to a bad start but that trademark English resilience kicked in.

Nevertheless, despite the performance, it counts for absolutely nothing. We don't do moral victories, unlike some other "nations". 

But there's a championship still there to be won. 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:17pm
They were real Loins today Sidney Thumbs Up

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: Northerner
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Very disappointed for the boys after this evening's "Le Crunch". We got off to a bad start but that trademark English resilience kicked in.

Nevertheless, despite the performance, it counts for absolutely nothing. We don't do moral victories, unlike some other "nations". 

But there's a championship still there to be won. 

Yeah, Italy and Scotland get them moral victories a lot. Form is temporary, class is permanent. The French always have that ability to hit you when you least expect it.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Northerner Northerner wrote:

The French always have that ability to hit you when you least expect it.
Unfortunately they didn't show that ability when it really mattered - in two World Wars. 

Lucky for them that the brave and resilient English were there to bail them out on both occasions. 

-------------

Posted By: Northerner
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by Northerner Northerner wrote:

The French always have that ability to hit you when you least expect it.

Unfortunately they didn't show that ability when it really mattered - in two World Wars. 

Lucky for them that the brave and resilient English were there to bail them out on both occasions. 

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 6:51pm
Professional performance from England. While Scotland have had better teams over the years, any Calcutta Cup clash, especially away from home, is a difficult match to win and Stuart Lancaster will have a feeling of quiet satisfaction tonight. 

With one trophy of a possible three already secured, England can look to February 22nd and that potential Triple Crown and Home Nations championship decider against Ireland with confidence.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 7:23pm
Were you not watching the World Darts trophy earlier Sid? Some Dutch chap that was playing Montgomery looked impressive.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 7:29pm

Were you not watching the World Darts trophy earlier Sid? Some Dutch chap that was playing Montgomery looked impressive.
Missed it unfortunately although I hear that Wolfie missed a nine darter on the final double 12 during his win over Jan Dekker.

Good to see the great man back in good form, and it contributed to a fine day for English sport.

-------------

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 1:06pm

Missed it unfortunately although I hear that Wolfie missed a nine darter on the final double 12 during his win over Jan Dekker.

Good to see the great man back in good form, and it contributed to a fine day for English sport.

What do you think of the English clubs attempt at setting up a new Rugby Champions Cup seeing as they cant win the Heineken Cup, and will they try restructure the 6 Nations now that they can't win it any longer.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

What do you think of the English clubs attempt at setting up a new Rugby Champions Cup seeing as they cant win the Heineken Cup, and will they try restructure the 6 Nations now that they can't win it any longer.
The Premiership is the main competition in European club rugby. 

The Heineken Lager Beer Cup really isn't that important to English teams, in fact its treated as a bit of a nuisance, a distraction from the main business. 

We generously offered to include teams from other countries in the Rugby Champions Cup. Sadly it seems that offer has been spurned. It's their loss.  

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 3:51pm
Swing low, swing sweetly, dearest chariot.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 3:57pm

Swing low, swing sweetly, dearest chariot.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 4:54pm
We just need to be patient. 

But even if we don't score again, I can't see us relinquishing our lead - we haven't conceded in the last 120 minutes of play in this championship.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 5:23pm
Great resilience from the chaps after a bad start to the second half. Should close this out now. We've been the comfortably superior team all through.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 5:52pm
Another step on the road to another championship, and two-thirds of the way to another Triple Crown. Despite the closeness of the result (which did not reflect our almost total dominance throughout), we came out on the right side of it, and that's all that matters.

A satisfactory day's work, all told.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 12:28pm
Good performance by the chaps this morning against New Zealand at Eden Park, but ultimately we came out on the wrong side of a 20-15 scoreline. To us, defeat is defeat, whatever the scoreline is. This differentiates us from lesser countries, who celebrate a narrow loss to New Zealand as if it is a victory.

We may have lost 20-15 today, but we will win in 2015. 

Delightful to see the return of Danny Cipriani, by the way. He has the ability to dominate the next World Cup.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 9:34pm
I read all your rugby posts in the voice of Stuart Barnes

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 9:45pm

And this is undoubtedly the way they are meant to be read, which coincidentally is also the way I speak in real life.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 10:05pm
Tremendous resilience from the chaps to end up comprehensive winners over a full strength Wales team after we suffered a disastrous start. 

With our only rivals for the championship now firmly dispatched, we can use the rest of the tournament to build for the World Cup. 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 10:08pm

Tremendous resilience from the chaps to end up comprehensive winners over a full strength Wales team after we suffered a disastrous start. 

With our only rivals for the championship now firmly dispatched, we can use the rest of the tournament to build for the World Cup. 

The championship stays in the British Isles, in Loins territory

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 11:25pm
March 1st we'll turn you over.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 12:11am

The championship stays in the British Isles, in Loins territory

Loins

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 12:45pm
As the only team in the Three Nations tournament who play attacking rugby, I trust we'll have the support of all neutrals today. 

Hopefully our Scottish friends can also do us a favour.

Vital for the game that the puke rugby of the Irish isn't rewarded.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 7:37pm
England expects. 

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 8:20pm

England expects. 

Ulster demands

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 11:59pm
Yeeeessss. We are back!

May rules in Dublin!

Hoooray for Henry!

Slade says "come on and feel the noise"!

ENGLAND for me!

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 3:01pm

Slade says "come on and feel the noise"!
LOLLOL

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net