Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=42219
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 7:50am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: YBIG Charities 2017 - Aoibheann's Pink Tie
Posted By: The Count
Subject: YBIG Charities 2017 - Aoibheann's Pink Tie
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:19pm
Right folks, I'm delighted to announce that http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aoibheanns-Pink-Tie/295884880424139" rel="nofollow - Aoibheann's Pink Tie and http://www.shineonline.ie/" rel="nofollow - Shine are YBIG's chosen charities for 2013.  Both do fantastic work and we are looking forward to help them raise funds throughout the coming year. ClapClapClapClap

Aoibheann's Pink Tie

History of APT:
We are trying to build an organisation to support the families of children suffering the horror of childhood cancer, Aoibheann's Pink Tie is dedicated to the memory of our precious daughter and sister Aoibheann Norman. In all the events we held for Aoibheann during her brave battle against cancer we asked everyone to wear pink Ties to show their support for her, even when we had to say goodbye (Till we meet again).  Aoibheann's Pink Tie is a great way to remember our Darling Aoibheann, the pink for girls the tie representing boys, thanks for all the support please help us spread the word.

Mission of APT:
APT's primary focus is on helping the families of the children.  That means, whatever will lift some of the burden of everyday life, we will do.  This will allow them the ability to focus on their child and working through their illness.  Families are often lost in the mix a lot of times when children go through this battle, but its not just the child that gets cancer, its the whole family as each is affected and must struggle.  This could mean anything from rewiring a house to a fundraising event that will send the family on a holiday.  In the past we have done the little things like negotiated with mobile phone companies for free credit, to move a family to a donated house just so the child had an healthly warm environment to spend their last days.  We can also just be somebody to turn to.  Jimmy Norman, Aoibheann's father, is our primary spokesperson as he can speak directly to the families having lived through it himself.

All the families that we get involved in are referred through Jimmy (Aoibheann's Dad).  Either through the hospitals or through word of mouth from other families that APT has helped.

Our goal is to expand and grow APT into an official charity and a leading voice of support while people are going through their darkest hours.

Please Note: At this time, APT is not an officially recognised charity in Ireland.  We do however give 100% of everything we raise to the particular family we are helping at the time.

Facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aoibheanns-Pink-Tie/295884880424139" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aoibheanns-Pink-Tie/295884880424139

Shine - Supporting people affected by mental ill health

Shine is the national organisation dedicated to upholding the rights and addressing the
needs of all those affected by mental ill health, through the promotion and provision of high-
quality services and working to ensure the continual enhancement of the quality of life of the
people it serves. Shine supports people with mental ill health and their families in a number
of different ways.

Shine provides support groups nationwide for both people with self experience of mental ill
health and for family members and carers looking after someone with mental ill health.

Shine’s Realising Family Friendly Mental Health Services initiative supports families
and friends of those with mental ill health and promotes partnership in recovery. Relatives
have a dynamic and enduring relationship with their family and the potential for a person to
recover.
http://www.shineonline.ie" rel="nofollow -
www.shineonline.ie

Replies:
Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 12:53pm
Lot of people suffering from mental ill health the last few years the way the country has gone - Great choicesClap

Posted By: dotts101
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 2:20pm
Shine

Posted By: briandun
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 6:18pm
Great cause!

Posted By: herbie
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:45pm
Is there a golf classic on this year ? if so any details yet ?

-------------
"its the best trip iv ever been on"

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by herbie herbie wrote:

Yeah Herbie, just working on venues and dates at the moment with M.50, will post up details in the next few weeks Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: The_Yank
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 10:40pm
I'm running on St. Patricks Day in support of  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aoibheanns-Pink-Tie/295884880424139?group_id=221528971307929" rel="nofollow - Aoibheann's Pink Tie .

Anyone who has ever been touched by Childhood Cancer knows that the battle involves the entire family. I can still remember the day that I got the news that one of my best friend's daughter Aoibheann was sick. Devastation is not nearly strong enough to describe it. Throughout her battle, she became more than just my friend, she became my Hero.

From her inspiration, Aoibheann's Pink Tie was born in her memory. 100% of the money raised goes towards supporting and providing practical help to any family while their child is fighting the battle to beat Cancer. In the past couple years APT has been growing leaps and bounds based on the brilliant work that they do. 2012 saw APT's affiliation with the Irish Cancer Society and Olympian Gold Medalist Katie Taylor agreeing to be APT's Ambassador.

This will be my first race since tearing my achilles tendon. Please support me in my fundraising for this wonderful charity. Go raibh mile maith agat. (Please share)

Donations Can be made here:  http://www.idonate.ie/tommy4aoibheann" rel="nofollow - http://www.idonate.ie/tommy4aoibheann

-------------
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 9:15pm
great stuff Tommy ClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 10:57pm
Bump on This, Shine released their Green Ribbon Campaign todayHug

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: herbie
Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:48pm
Golf ?

-------------
"its the best trip iv ever been on"

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by herbie herbie wrote:

Golf ?

Thumbs Up
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/the-paul-mcgrath-ybig-charity-golf-classic-2013_topic44313.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/the-paul-mcgrath-ybig-charity-golf-classic-2013_topic44313.html

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 1:41pm
Donation just made to Shine (at NR's request) for tickets received with compliments from Newryrep Clap

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Donation just made to Shine (at NR's request) for tickets received with compliments from Newryrep Clap
ClapClapClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 1:41pm
€2500 from fans match yesterday ClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 1:55pm
Smashing

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: alane
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 7:41pm
Another great job by YBIG

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by alane alane wrote:

Another great job by YBIG

Brilliant WorkClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: AaronFever
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 10:15am
Lads, my job gave me a small cheque made out to Aoibheann's Pink Tie, but for the life of my I can't find an address on any of their websites to send it to. Does anyone who is in contact with them here have an address they can PM me?

-------------
played three, won one, lost two, scored none

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by AaronFever AaronFever wrote:

Lads, my job gave me a small cheque made out to Aoibheann's Pink Tie, but for the life of my I can't find an address on any of their websites to send it to. Does anyone who is in contact with them here have an address they can PM me?

PM sent  Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Saint
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 5:40pm
I can give a 100 free badges pink and white scarfes or get some made up if somebody can put me incontact with them raise a few bob for them

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 9:09pm
Saint.. I will PM you and sort you out.

-------------

Posted By: Saint
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 10:13pm
Sound

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 2:46pm
ANOTHER €2000 donated to the YBIG 2013 Charities, Aoibheann's Pink Tie and Shine. The money was won through the Inter Sevens 7 a side leagues. http://www.intersevens.com/" rel="nofollow - www.intersevens.com

After each season the winning teams play in a 6 team tournament to win the charity money...finally the Denim Dazllers win (losing finalists in YBIG 7 aside Kings tournament). In total the league will donate €30,000 in a calendar year to charities or local area needs.

The last game was DD V Lok Dachs, the German team needed a draw and DD had to win which they did 1-0. Good to know one Irish team beating a German team

The inter Sevens leagues are currently looking for new teams, locations Irishtown Ringsend, YMCA Sandymount, and in Mount Temple Clontarf. get in contact to play competitive football.

Denim Dazzler's are my Monday team, I wasn't playing yesterday...prob the reason they wonBig smile.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 9:24pm
Hiya Everyone!! Hug

I will be running the Dublin Marathon for Aoibheann's Pink Tie. I would appreciate any help you can do for raising funds for this worthy cause. No donation is too small, it all adds up.

http://www.idonate.ie/tommy4aoibheann" rel="nofollow - http://www.idonate.ie/tommy4aoibheann

If you can't make online donations and would still like to donate, PM me here or on Facebook. I have sponsor cards and a donation bucket. Especially anyone around UCD, I will come to you if need be.

The Marathon is in 1 month. Lets see what we can accomplish. Thumbs Up

Go raibh mile maith agat!!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:07am
Currently at over 5 grand, will post up exact amount over the next weekThumbs Up

YBIG Annual table quiz in November also so on target for total of €8,000 ClapClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 7:14am
Originally posted by The_Yank The_Yank wrote:

Hiya Everyone!! Hug

I will be running the Dublin Marathon for Aoibheann's Pink Tie. I would appreciate any help you can do for raising funds for this worthy cause. No donation is too small, it all adds up.

http://www.idonate.ie/tommy4aoibheann" rel="nofollow - http://www.idonate.ie/tommy4aoibheann

If you can't make online donations and would still like to donate, PM me here or on Facebook. I have sponsor cards and a donation bucket. Especially anyone around UCD, I will come to you if need be.

Good work Tommy..........I've put some euro in your pot.......hope others on here can too....great cause Clap

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by The_Yank The_Yank wrote:

Hiya Everyone!! Hug

Good work Tommy..........I've put some euro in your pot.......hope others on here can too....great cause Clap
Thanks a million!! Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 10:25pm
Great night last night folks, MASSIVE thanks to Morgan, Trapped, Sham and Shoveonyournicks for helping out running the gig ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Over a grand raised last night aswell so total for the year is StarStarStarStarStarStar €7224.53 StarStarStarStarStarStarStarStar which is absolute top drawer from everyone who has donated during the year!!  Eugene from Aoibheanns Pink Tie was there last night and said a few words on how the money is used so its great that their share of the total will really help kids and their families who are in such tragic circumstances.

Big thanks to everyone who attended last night and especially to everyone who donated prizes towards the night and raffle, Gaz, Mayo Mark, Greenforever, Brianie, Sausy, HateHenry, Sligo Hornet, Redladd, Max Power, Flow, nvidic, Babbsballs, Mcg, Flick, CM79, NewryRep   ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: flick
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 5:24pm
same charities for 2014?

-------------
GWAN YBIG

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 11:05am
Just did the sums again over Christmas and the total for 2013 is
StarStarStarStarStarStar €8656.53 StarStarStarStarStarStarStarStar which again is absolute top drawer from everyone who has donated during the year!!  ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

We have just posted on cheques to Shine for and Aoibheanns Pink Tie so all your good work will help out very worthy causes over the coming months.

More good news is that we are sticking with Aoibheanns Pink Tie as our chosed chariity for 2014 after seeing the great work they do  Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Will arrange a presentation and a few words with them around the Serbia game in a few weeks.

-------------

Posted By: AidoM
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

StarStarStarStarStarStar €8656.53 StarStarStarStarStarStarStarStar which again is absolute top drawer from everyone who has donated during the year!!  ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

We have just posted on cheques to Shine for and Aoibheanns Pink Tie so all your good work will help out very worthy causes over the coming months.

More good news is that we are sticking with Aoibheanns Pink Tie as our chosed chariity for 2014 after seeing the great work they do  Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Will arrange a presentation and a few words with them around the Serbia game in a few weeks.

Absolutely great news Clap 

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 11:45am

nice to see my 53 cent going to a good cause....

Only joking I donated more than that.

Fair play, good to hear that  Aoibheanns Pink Tie  is the chosen charity for 2014 continuing on from last year good cayse and as mentioned they do an amazing job raising money and awareness

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 12:50pm
Brilliant stuff

-------------

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 1:10pm
Clap fair play lads/lassies

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Posted By: AaronFever
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 1:17pm

Fair play lads, that's a tremendous amount!

-------------
played three, won one, lost two, scored none

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 9:55pm
Brianie presenting YBIG charities cheque to Shine today ClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 9:05am

Brianie presenting YBIG charities cheque to Shine today ClapClapClap

Excellent ClapClapClap

Good man Brianie........all dressed up too........must have come straight from Court

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

http://www.shineonline.ie" rel="nofollow - www.shineonline.ie

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone involved with You Boys in Green for your fundraising efforts for Shine in 2013. John Saunders (Shine's Director) and I picked up the cheque from Brian yesterday.
We really appreciated your support and the generous amount you raised will be of great use to Shine helping us provide services like our helpline, support groups for people with mental ill health and their families, training and information services.

Best wishes on behalf of everyone at Shine!

Dolores

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

•  Email sent via Facebook
    • To all my great friends in YBIG this is a post I have just posted up in Aoibheann's Pink Tie. We used the money you all raised to buy special Dry suits for kids with cancer, the children have a device called a Hickman inserted to give Chemo and take bloods, it means the child cannot go swimming or even have a bath.
      A company in England developed these suits to allow the children swim and have a bath again. they cost 300 Euro each so they are expensive but the joy they bring is beyond words. You the brilliant Irish supporters club have purchased 16 of these suits so the maths is easy. All the money you raised went straight to the kids no fee no top ups no salaries. I am proud to say I am an Irish supporter and I am very proud of your efforts. Jimmy Norman Chairman Aoibheann's Pink Tie.

• Message on APT Facebook page
      Jimmy Norman
      AOIBHEANN’S PINK TIE.
      To all the families of our page, we have some wonderful news this morning. The Irish supporters club YOU BOYS IN GREEN (YBIG) who have supported Aoibheann’s Pink Tie since the day we started raised 5,000 Euro for Aoibheann’s pink Tie in numerous events in 2013.
      It has been decided by Aoibheann’s Pink Tie to use this money in a way we feel will bring great joy to the children we love and respect.
      So here is the happy news for a lot of you on our page; last week we had 15 entries for the Hammond Dry suit draw, the Committee have decided to give everyone who entered the draw a dry suit for their princess/Hero.
      This means that every Euro donated by YBIG will go directly to the people it was meant to go too, not one penny used for anything else except the joy of the kids we love.
      We at Aoibheann’s Pink Tie know that this will bring huge joy into the hearts of our darling children, I know because I would have given anything for my Darling Aoibheann to have had the opportunity to get one of these amazing suits.
      We hope that the inspirational work and fund raising by YBIG will bring joy into many lives.
      The committee of Aoibheann’s Pink Tie.
      http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hammond-drysuits.co.uk%2F&h=sAQF4By0l&s=1" rel="nofollow - www.hammond-drysuits.co.uk/
      Hammond Dry Suits & Dry Suit Repairs - diving, water skiing, sailing, industrial
      hammond-drysuits.co.uk
      Hammond Drysuits manufacture high quality, made to measure and standard size dry suits in the UK for diving, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, win
      Hammond Dry Suits & Dry Suit Repairs - diving, water skiing, sailing, industrial
      http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hammond-drysuits.co.uk%2F&h=yAQFEb-2a&s=1" rel="nofollow - www.hammond-drysuits.co.uk
      Hammond Drysuits manufacture high quality, made to measure and standard size dry suits in the U

• http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hammond-drysuits.co.uk%2F&h=mAQEpj_NK&s=1" rel="nofollow">
      http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hammond-drysuits.co.uk%2F&h=YAQEdASps&s=1" rel="nofollow - Hammond Dry Suits & Dry Suit Repairs - diving, water skiing, sailing, industrial
      http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hammond-drysuits.co.uk%2F&h=rAQFB3yyr&s=1" rel="nofollow - www.hammond-drysuits.co.uk
      Hammond Drysuits manufacture high quality, made to measure and standard size dry suits in the UK for diving, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, windsurfing and industrial use. We also repair all makes of dry suit.
      https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=99&appid=2309869772&p%5b%5d=1067678017&p%5b%5d=10202353531254126" rel="nofollow - Share
  • https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.norman.14" rel="nofollow">Jimmy Norman
    30 minutes ago
    https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.norman.14" rel="nofollow - Jimmy Norman
    • Some of the parents of Children with cancer say thank you to YBIG.and 15 others like this.
      Lucy Roberts Cronly What great news! This will make Eoin a very happy boy!! Thank you so much
      2 hours ago · Unlike · 2
      Therese Reck Kelly Ah great news for all to wake up to. well done all
      2 hours ago · Unlike · 2
      Peter Casey Fantastic.Happy swimming Guys.
      about an hour ago · Edited · Unlike · 2
      Audrey Byrne Waw fantastic news you will make a lot of families very happy this morning well done apt always thinking of the children's happiness and ybig for such a huge donation!
      about an hour ago · Unlike · 2
      John Daly Fantastic. Well done YBIG.
      Sinead Smith Great news .. Well done everyone ..
      Joyce Hayes amazing again APT xx
      John Glynn Wow amazing xxx
      Cathy Birmingham Great news!! A lot of happy children thIs morning!!! Well done to all.....
      about an hour ago · Edited · Unlike · 1
      Mairead Leonard Wow Jimmy this is fantastic news.. Thank you so much!!! Roisin is super excited here. We can't wait to go swimming!!! Thank you to all at APT. This will make such a difference. Xxx
      about an hour ago · Unlike · 4
      Mairead Leonard Forgot to say well done to You Boys in Green and thank you xx
      Laura Mc Sweeney ah thats just fantastic news congratulations to all the winners i hope your princesses an heros enjoy every minute of splashing around in a pool as every child should . aoibheanns pink tie yet again you have out done yourselves good on ya
      Caroline Monahan That's great news xxx
      Jayne Glynn That's fantastic - great idea. Xx
      Mary Kingston Wow that is fantastic! Thank you so much to YBIG and APT - it will make such a difference - the summer will no longer be a dread of beaches and jumping in waves etc which is so difficult when you are trying to juggle the normal lives of other children and also include our little ones with Hickman lines - it means they will no longer feel excluded and different - Thank you so much x Mary
      48 minutes ago · Unlike · 2
      Heather McCann Well done to YBIG & APT, the money will go to very good use x
      41 minutes ago · Unlike · 2
      Linda Oconnell Enjoy the splashing and swimming.
      41 minutes ago · Unlike · 2
      Ruth Farrell Gilhool Ah that is BRILLIANT news to see So delighted for all of the families involved. A well worth spend and a great decision made by those on the committee. Congrats to all of the families on the list! A big WHOOP! WHOOP!
      36 minutes ago · Unlike · 2
      Lisa Lancaster Excellent news!! So exciting for all those 15 kids such a great thing to do x
      31 minutes ago · Unlike · 2
      Anita Mulhere Brilliant!!!! What a great gift, APT u are fab!!
      24 minutes ago · Unlike · 2
      Karen Rafferty OMG NIamh will burst with excitement when I tell her she can go swimming again. She's only 4.5 and asks at least once a week can she go swimming. Thank you APT xxx mwah
      21 minutes ago · Unlike · 1
      Carol Spratt Absolutely fantastic xxx
      2 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 4:52pm
12 grand added to total from YBIG/Duff tournament Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 11:56pm

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Lads, if yiz missed it previously and again last Tuesday, go onto RTE Player and fine The Secret Millionaire from last Tueday 29th July.  Aoibheann's Pink Tie feature strongly but the other three charities she helps..............just cried my eyes out watching it. 

+1

Jimmy and Aoibheanns Pink Tie ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 2:06pm
current running total so far for 2014 is €13,735  Thumbs Up ClapClapClapClapClap

Cheques to Aoibheanns Pink Tie and Heart Children Ireland to go out this week

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 5:33pm
Well done YBIG. Clap

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 6:52pm
Great stuff

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 6:26pm
More money has been raised for Aoibheann's Pink Tie, through http://www.facebook.com/intersevens" rel="nofollow - www.facebook.com/intersevens  leagues.

My team won the 2nd Division finals, and won €1350 to donate to them. Deantus Media came third in the 1st Division finals and won €325 for them as well. The team won 10 tickets to Ireland v Gibraltar and 10 bottles of wine

In total Inter7s will be allocating 
€4,000 back to the local area and clubs.
€3,000 to SVP
€1,675 to YBIG (Aoibheann's Pink Tie)
€1,325 to Sandymount Matero Fellowship.

That's for one season only, we have three seasons in a year. We are looking for teams to join the new season, with leagues in Clontarf, Ringsend and Sandymount. 
http://www.intersevens.com/" rel="nofollow - www.intersevens.com

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 8:26pm
Nice one Bob!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 8:51pm
great stuff hoskins, obviously you werent playing Thumbs Up

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:42pm
Great work

-------------

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:48pm
Fair play lads great work

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 8:41pm

***ClapClapClapClapClapClapIt's that time of year again ClapClapClapClapClapClap****

At 19:30 on Friday night (28th November) we are running the yearly YBIG Quiz fundraiser in http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Slatterys+Bar+Dublin+4&hl=en&sll=53.348283,-6.268787&sspn=0.07706,0.152264&t=h&hq=Slatterys+Bar+Dublin+4&z=13&iwloc=B" rel="nofollow - Slatterys . Clap Same as last few years format, with a quiz / raffle / spot prizes and all that lark!

All the money rasied on and before the night will go towards YBIG's nominated 2014 charity Aoibheann's Pink Tie.  (Charity count currently at €15,410 for 2014)  It would be great for all YBIG'ers to get involved and come along on the night as its all your very generous donations that is helping this very worthy cause. Thumbs Up

More info to follow.......

** Like last time if lads have any prizes (no matter how big or small) they can donate towards the raffle it would all be very much appreciated. Also if anyone wants to volunteer to help out on the night send me a PM. Thumbs Up

I will be running a pre-raffle on the site in the coming weeks for some quality prizes so keep an eye here Thumbs Up

19:30pm KO, teams of four, 10'er per person.

few pics from last year....

The YBIG World Quiz Champion Trophies 2013

Flicks and scruffys team who won the wooden spoon.  Hightlight being the 0 scored from 8 on the Irish football round LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 9:45am

Absolute fantastic night again last night, with a whopping €1018.50 raised in total. ClapClapClap  So figure so far for 2014 for YBIG charities (have another few quid coming in from greenforevers great weight loss this year) is an absolute outstanding **€16,428.50**

Thanks to all YBIG'ers throughout the year as this is brilliant stuff from all of you, whether its through generous donations, attending the fundraisers, helping out, donanating prizes, or fundraising yourself.  ClapClapClap

A big thanks to everyone who came along last night, who donated prizes, bought raffle tickets and gave up their time to run the night ClapClapClap

whitesideonside, Trapped, Redladd, Sligo hornet, Gazsh, Babbsballs, Flick, Mayo mark, Colum, darmack  ClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 7:43pm
Great stuff

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 7:52pm
Magnificent stuffClap 

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 8:33pm
All for the causes, they so desperately need it, well played lads

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 10:50pm

hey lads,

for anyone who hasnt coughed up here yet can you do so to charities@ybig.ie asap please as we are looking to get all monies over to YBIG charities in the next week

MASSIVE ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap to Greenforever as a brilliant personal achievement aswell as helping the charities.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 3:26pm
Jimmy from APT on the today show (RTE1) just after 5 today Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:32pm
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Current running total for 2015 is €7.074.57 so far...

Cheque given to Aoibheanns Pink Tie for €1674.57 in September

€5,250 of this coming from our pals at  http://www.facebook.com/intersevens" rel="nofollow - www.facebook.com/intersevens leagues

Also APT received a separate cheque for over €7,000 donated by our Scottish pals at the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal

Hopefully another 2,000 from the quiz next week, so another great year for YBIG charities

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 9:13pm

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Current running total for 2015 is €7.074.57 so far...

Cheque given to Aoibheanns Pink Tie for €1674.57 in September

€5,250 of this coming from our pals at  http://www.facebook.com/intersevens" rel="nofollow - www.facebook.com/intersevens leagues

Also APT received a separate cheque for over €7,000 donated by our Scottish pals at the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal

Hopefully another 2,000 from the quiz next week, so another great year for YBIG charities

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Current running total for 2015 is €8.204.57

-------------

Posted By: Ringo
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:04pm
I haven't been online here in a long time . I just wanted to share something with you . In September 2014 my the. 8 year old daughter Lucy was diagnosed with cancer . It's been a hard time with a major operation and aggressive chemotherapy . Aoibheans Pink tie have been a great support to Lucy and us . Jimmy Norman and APT do amazing work for the families of StJohns ward . Some struggle need financial support , some just need moral support . I know countless families that have been supported by APT. So from the families of ST Johns ward can I just say a big thank to Ybig for all the fundraising .

-------------
www.faishop.com

www.carrolls.ie

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Ringo Ringo wrote:

I haven't been online here in a long time . I just wanted to share something with you . In September 2014 my the. 8 year old daughter Lucy was diagnosed with cancer . It's been a hard time with a major operation and aggressive chemotherapy . Aoibheans Pink tie have been a great support to Lucy and us . Jimmy Norman and APT do amazing work for the families of StJohns ward . Some struggle need financial support , some just need moral support . I know countless families that have been supported by APT. So from the families of ST Johns ward can I just say a big thank to Ybig for all the fundraising .

Welcome back Ringo. Sorry to hear about Lucy's diagnosis and really hope she is doing well and getting all the care and help she deserves.   Jimmy is an an absolute hero in fairness, everyone at YBIG are extremely proud to be associated with Aoibheann's Pink Tie.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 12:52pm
A massive thanks to Inter7s ( http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inter7s.com%2F&h=bAQGmC30dAQEM3zsvAmR7ljMlYDE1krN5clx0r-AJaBYF0Q&enc=AZOcABbLcYxHjoA2n_HCE8lAZ0UrLuNnoCS8IVtqmmUJUKbTJPFfloR1OCwED-i2KPMRRC2xPnWP9Unevh6vnulWw_NCavt5s7m5JnN1mYEgLyNbIVR0vuWYtGKvKHTlzbWMJK9rrOtyEWcbHMVkxjP5VyGO9TKHC_mw1KEwwszH1sSt4n2uwyyzrZHnkI26jjbKhXyZO76DqAbRFG9ZvM8I&s=1" rel="nofollow - www.inter7s.com ) and their leagues as another €3700 was donated to the YBIG charity fund. This figure will probably double to €7400, as players are getting their company to match the fee they won.

Melrose won €1,500 (pictured)
Deantus Media won €2,200

The new season of  http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FInter7s.com%2F&h=EAQELnKW0AQE0iTjKGwW7vx4C3w9SNcLXPeVVB9RBivocJQ&enc=AZNB6YGgaoL8y3_ZWnP5zXK9A6T_36RzMdbZp4Gf_BHQfaRk8oZ7u_NYILMIW10fOOefL_AL7G97SSjgb-VqNW5fW3EBjMLyze0_NCLi3JgBoPEsLrltjHS6RxEiGFilqsqAU9fThYMnMn48LutoSsIMaqtS882K3uf53ZVBTkO7KCPX58rF1dMngm3RPVVqz4cdfwkep-ssSaEbzOQBy4Co&s=1" rel="nofollow - Inter7s.com  7 a side leagues start next week and they are looking for teams in Sandymount and Clontarf.

Their are lots of ybiggers playing in the leagues, so apply here for your team

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1148CyDZ2XSG4-TPLj4gTDdI59SxPXvfaEckhZuUWrBQ/viewform" rel="nofollow - https://docs.google.com/…/1148CyDZ2XSG4-TPLj4gTDdI…/viewform

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 11:25pm
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 10:45pm
Jimmy from Aoibheanns Pink Tie on the Late Late now, absolutely heartbreaking

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Jimmy from Aoibheanns Pink Tie on the Late Late now, absolutely heartbreaking

The man is truly an inspiration

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 11:07pm
What a man
Well done

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:14pm
Big ClapClapClapClap to Ro and Brian at Charlie P's, €500 euro donation made to YBIG charities Aoibheann's Pink Tie.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 10:57pm
Running total for Aoibheanns Pink Tie after the quiz night is at €3,300 so far this year!!
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 4:07pm
Cheque posted to Jimmy at Aoibheanns Pink Tie earlier for €3,873.00

MASSIVE ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

....to all YBIG'ers who attended fundraisers, bought YBIG Hats/scarves, and who donated money, prizes or time in 2016!

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 4:11pm

MASSIVE ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

....to all YBIG'ers who attended fundraisers, bought YBIG Hats/scarves, and who donated money, prizes or time in 2016!

ClapClapClapClapClapCry

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

<font size="7">MASSIVE ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

ClapClapClapClapClapCry

Thats excellent

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 7:28pm

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 11:39am
Clap

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 9:18pm

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 10:03pm
Clap

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:51pm
Small few Bob after being put into aoibheanns pink tie after Cheltenham

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:51pm
StarStarStarStar €3860 donated to Aoibheann's Pink Tie for 2017  StarStarStarStar

All raised from the donations from YBIG merchandise purchased by everyone or from the quiz last month

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:35pm

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:48pm

StarStarStarStar €3860 donated to Aoibheann's Pink Tie for 2017  StarStarStarStar

All raised from the donations from YBIG merchandise purchased by everyone or from the quiz last month

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

What date is the quiz next year ? 😀

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 1:02pm
Nearly 4k, a good amount Clap

-------------

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:35pm

The Cheltenham tipping competition should have added a few Bob as well!

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 10:52am
From Facebook post 

https://www.facebook.com/aoibheannspinktie/?rc=p" rel="nofollow - Aoibheann's Pink Tie  You Boys in Green have been with Aoinbheann's Pink Tie since the very start of our journey.
They knew Aoibheann and we still have the Jersey they presented to our darling baby.
The Jersey is signed by every legend in Irish soccer and is one of the most
 precious things we have.
About four years ago YBIG donated 5,000 euro to Aoibheann's Pink Tie which enabled us to give every child fighting cancer a Hickman dry suit, which has now become a corner stone of our humanity.
I don't know how to thank everyone in YBIG but team Aoibheann love and respect the love and compassion they have shown the children of this world fighting cancer.
Team Aoibheann send our heartfelt thanks to everyone involved in all the fund raising efforts in our name.
Happy Christmas to everyone in YBIG and to all the fans of Irish soccer.
There is a light that never goes out.
fightlikeachild
Team Aoibheann.

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 11:16am
Fantastic. 

ClapClap

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:27pm
Fantastic, well done all ClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: jamesjohn70
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 11:01am

----------------------------

Now Cric booth Just Starting http://www.cricbooth.com - PSL Live Streaming free and Update about All Matches

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 1:13am
https://www.iregister.ie/v2/events/worlds-largest-skinny-dip/" rel="nofollow - https://www.iregister.ie/v2/events/worlds-largest-skinny-dip/

On the 9th of June  this year in Wicklow  up to 1200 women will be stripping off in a bid to take part in a world record attempt for the largest skinny dip. All money raised is going to Aoibheanns Pink Tie. Its 10 euro to register and then whatever you raise/ want to contribute. 

Bad news though lads its women only!! But feel free to encourage any women ye know to sign up. After all its for a good cause!! 

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 4:55pm
"A great amount raised of €560 on the Quiz night with a further €750 raised with  http://www.inter7s.com/" rel="nofollow - inter 7s.com, so a fantastic amount again to give to our great friends and very worthy cause at Aoibheann's Pink Tie ClapClapClapClapClapClap"

-------------

Posted By: snoopthecat
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:02pm

great stuff Tommy ClapClapClap

Hahahahaha I watched your signature gif for about 5 minutes. LOL

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net