URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=41719
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Golden Boy" 2012 (U21 European Player of the Year
Posted By: tribalarmy
Subject: "Golden Boy" 2012 (U21 European Player of the Year
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 9:49pm
Nominees..

Alaba (Bayern Munich); Ananidze (Spartak Moscow); Atsu (Porto); Bahebeck (Troyes); Campbell (Real Betis); Castaignos (Twente); Courtois (Atletico Madrid); Coutinho (Inter); Deulofeu (Barcelona); Draxler (Schalke 04); Dudu (Dynamo Kiev); El Shaarawy (Milan); Eriksen (Ajax); Gotze (Borussia Dortmund); Guidetti (Manchester City); Isco (Malaga); Jese (Real Madrid Castilla); John (Benfica); Kadlec (Sparta Prague); Koke (Atletico Madrid); Kovacic (Dynamo Zagreb); Lalkovic (Vitoria Guimaraes); Lamela (Roma); Longo (Espanyol); Markovic (Partizan Belgrade); Martins Indi (Feyenoord); Muniain (Athletic Bilbao); Musa (CSKA Moscow); Obiang (Sampdoria); Oxlade Chamberlain (Arsenal); Ozdoev (Lokomotiv Moscow); Pogba (Juventus); Salah (Basel); Shelvey (Liverpool); Sterling (Liverpool); Varane (Real Madrid); Verratti (PSG) and Xhaka (Borussia Monchengladbach).

Isco or Eriksen for me. Plenty of potentially great players in the list.

Replies:
Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 9:50pm
Thought erikson looked terrific against man city.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 9:53pm
Eric Lamela looking brilliant in the bits I've seen too.

Jese and Deulofeu had brilliant U19 Euros for Spain and are doing it in the Segunda. But the likes of Isco are playing at the next level up at the moment.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Nominees..

Alaba (Bayern Munich); Ananidze (Spartak Moscow); Atsu (Porto); Bahebeck (Troyes); Campbell (Real Betis); Castaignos (Twente); Courtois (Atletico Madrid); Coutinho (Inter); Deulofeu (Barcelona); Draxler (Schalke 04); Dudu (Dynamo Kiev); El Shaarawy (Milan); Eriksen (Ajax); Gotze (Borussia Dortmund); Guidetti (Manchester City); Isco (Malaga); Jese (Real Madrid Castilla); John (Benfica); Kadlec (Sparta Prague); Koke (Atletico Madrid); Kovacic (Dynamo Zagreb); Lalkovic (Vitoria Guimaraes); Lamela (Roma); Longo (Espanyol); Markovic (Partizan Belgrade); Martins Indi (Feyenoord); Muniain (Athletic Bilbao); Musa (CSKA Moscow); Obiang (Sampdoria); Oxlade Chamberlain (Arsenal); Ozdoev (Lokomotiv Moscow); Pogba (Juventus); Salah (Basel); Shelvey (Liverpool); Sterling (Liverpool); Varane (Real Madrid); Verratti (PSG) and Xhaka (Borussia Monchengladbach).

Isco or Eriksen for me. Plenty of potentially great players in the list.

They all had fantastic seasons , i seen these 5 play alot and i was very impressed with everyone of them Thumbs Up

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 9:55pm
Ya muniain is brilliant.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:02pm
Shelvey

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Shelvey

How the f**k he get on this list?

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Eric Lamela looking brilliant in the bits I've seen too.

Jese and Deulofeu had brilliant U19 Euros for Spain and are doing it in the Segunda. But the likes of Isco are playing at the next level up at the moment.
You got the right phrase there - looks brilliant in bits but cant sustain it for even a full half never mind a full game, can be quite lazy when he wants despite being the fittest player at the club during Zemans pre season fitness regime tests Confused

Think Vickery summed it up well today about Argentine football in that the traditional number 10 needs to learn to track back, Lamela would do well to listen to this, hell even Totti has been tracking back this season but Lamela only does it occasionally Ouch

Agree with ya on Isco and shock horror even Deulofeu for his perfomances in the u19's (even though I still maintain he cant shoot worth a feck LOL but that will come with time, as much as it pains me to say he looks a smashing prospect for Barca)

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 9:03am
Isco has been outstanding,would like to see him get it.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 12:16pm
Over the course of the whole year I would say it's between Isco,Eriksen and Courtois

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 12:39pm
Isco by a mile

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:35pm
Goetze

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:14pm
JonjoClap

-------------