URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=41353
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 9:27am

Topic: Wolves fans
Posted By: Tippbiffo
Subject: Wolves fans
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 7:07pm
Any wolves fans on ybig? Going very well at the moment. Hopefully will be kicking ball against the baggies next year, provided of course they don't go south.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 5:29am
Had some great trips to Woves over the years I hope they go straight back up and I think they have a reasonable chance of at least making the play offs.

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:41pm
A request to bring back the Liquidator song at Molineux has been rejected by West Midlands Police.

Posted By: Dear Old Roker
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:32pm
Are Woves going down the appointment of Saunders seems to have made little difference.

The Roker Roar will never die

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Dear Old Roker Dear Old Roker wrote:

Are Woves going down the appointment of Saunders seems to have made little difference.
Dont think hes making the difference ,its the dropping of Kevin Doyle and Stephen Ward Shocked not good for either of them and not good for Doyle in particular who has gone from bad to worse and being dropped is certainly not going to help his cause !BTW they are 0-1 up against Barnsley away Wink

In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:35pm
Its 2 1 to Barnsley now.

Posted By: Vaux
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 2:27pm
Looking bleak for Woves now as some of the other clubs at the bottom are starting to win.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:56pm
I can't believe the bad times are here again for wolves....please just stay up and fix it for next season

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 5:34pm
And wolves are playing carrdiff at the weekend.....not looking good at all

Posted By: Wearmouth
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

And wolves are playing carrdiff at the weekend.....not looking good at all

Looking dodgy for Wolves after another defeat against Cardiff and next up for them are Watford on Friday night.

Charlie Hurley a true legend

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 3:32pm
Wolves 1 0 down to Bristol city.

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 3:33pm

Wolves 1 0 down to Bristol city.
Rob Brydon, I mean Dean Saunders, will look even more like a man who has just had to put his dog down then

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 4:54pm
Kevin Doyle actually remembered where the net is!!

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 5:32pm
Can wolves get out of the drop zone? What a disaster today.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:20pm
Wolves  2 0 in big trouble now.

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:23pm
Hope wolves don't go down. In massive trouble now.

Oh Poland we loved you.....

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

couldn't give a bollix about them after sacking McCarthy. Look where they are now. Hopefully the Irish lads will get transfers elsewhere. Doyle should be in the championship at least

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:33pm
Wolves deserve this , it has being coming for a long time and their owners can pat themselves on the back Thumbs Down
Mick McCarthy having the last laugh nowCool 

In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:33pm
My father feels the same way, was a disgraceful decision and they're in free fall since.
But I've a soft spot for em, my friend supports them and their 1 of the big clubs, wouldn't like to see them slipping down the divisions.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:34pm

couldn't give a bollix about them after sacking McCarthy. Look where they are now. Hopefully the Irish lads will get transfers elsewhere. Doyle should be in the championship at least

Yeah because they were really going places with Mick McCarthy. I distinctly remember the champagne football and rock solid defence.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:36pm
They're a breadth away from being 2 divisions below where he had them. I'd say they're supporters would like to wind back the clock 2 yeas.
I know what you mean though, they played puke football with worse results than the likes of stoke.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:40pm

Yeah because they were really going places with Mick McCarthy. I distinctly remember the champagne football and rock solid defence.

I still thought it was a poor decision to sack him at that time. I'd be very pro-McCarthy though Wink

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 4:47pm
goal back for Wolves 2-1

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 7:10pm
Really thought they would end up beating the drop but they are surely relegated now...horrific for them. Have a soft spot for them with all the Irish players traditionally on their books but it would seem that financially this could be disastrous, successive relegations who would have thought? Fans confronting Doyle and others on the pitch after the match saw some pics in the mail...thats Doyle, Ward, Hunt, Foley all gone and Leigh Griffiths too on a side not. Only positives I can see from Ireland perspective is Aaron McCarey might get to start in League one

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 7:26pm
Delighted for the fans and board not so much for the Irish players though.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 7:43pm

Delighted for the fans and board not so much for the Irish players though.

Look at their behaviour. If Irish fans invaded the pitch and acted like that (squaring up to the players) I'd be ashamed. No sympathy for clubs like them and Blackburn. Deserve everything they get.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 7:49pm
sickened, always liked wolves

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 10:48pm
I love wolves. My club that i have always supported since i was four. I am so sad that they are now on the brink of the drop. I hope to God that results go in favour for them next week. Very very sad. Like ireland i will continue to suppot them...

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 11:14pm

I love wolves. My club that i have always supported since i was four. I am so sad that they are now on the brink of the drop. I hope to God that results go in favour for them next week. Very very sad. Like ireland i will continue to suppot them...

Didn't realize we had any Wolves fans on here. Sorry for your sake Thumbs Up. It must be pretty awful when your team is going down to League 1. I wasn't happy the way they treated McCarthy so that's why I wasn't sorry to see them do poor but pretty sh*te situation for ye

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 11:50pm

Didn't realize we had any Wolves fans on here. Sorry for your sake Thumbs Up. It must be pretty awful when your team is going down to League 1. I wasn't happy the way they treated McCarthy so that's why I wasn't sorry to see them do poor but pretty sh*te situation for ye
I'm a Southampton fan so I know how you feel...If it's any consolation look at teams of similar stature like saints and Norwich so it might be a short stop. Was a ridiculous championship season. Points total like that in another season and ye would have been fine 

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 1:39am

I'm a Southampton fan so I know how you feel...If it's any consolation look at teams of similar stature like saints and Norwich so it might be a short stop. Was a ridiculous championship season. Points total like that in another season and ye would have been fine 
Highly unlikely, if they dont make it out next season they're fuked, 65% of turnover(or could be income not sure) wage cap in that league and you get a 1 year grace with relegation after that, you have to get rid of the high earners or take a 10-20 point deduction(players under 20 I think dont count towards this), why you think Stephen Quinn was allowed to leave for Hull on a deal where sufc only get £2k yes you read that correct for every game he plays up to a maximum of £100k(basically gave his registration away to who ever would take it through no fault of Quinny's who wanted to stay Ouch). Also had to get rid of 3 others of the wage bill, the likes of Nick Montgomery got packed off to a sister club in Oz on the deadline day for accounts to be shown to football league, last I checked Wolves dont have agreements like that with anyone to take advantage off. 

Least we'll have another big club in the division next season to take the heat of the blades Ouch 

Anyway have an english uncle who's a reet **** + supports this lot and tried to give it the big I am a few years back when the got into the epl so he can go fuk himself now LOL

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 3:10pm
Scum on the pitch attacking stewards,real tough goys

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 9:03pm
Gone to div 1....htf did that happen

Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:52pm

Insufficient points total

Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 2:43pm

Great to have it explained in the Queens English Wink

Would the reason they didnt have a sufficient points total be down to

1. they were sh*te
  2. they werent good enough
  3. all of the above

Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 3:51pm

Great to have it explained in the Queens English Wink

Would the reason they didnt have a sufficient points total be down to

1. they were sh*te

2. they werent good enough

3. all of the above

Phew..thanks lads...

Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 10:49am
See Saunders has been sacked. Wolves are gone as bad as Blackburn now.

Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 10:55am

See Saunders has been sacked. Wolves are gone as bad as Blackburn now.
To be fair, the depressed Rob Brydon impersonator wouldn't encourage an obese child to eat crisps.

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:01am
They're f**ked. They could end up doing what they did in the mid 80s when they go relegated 3 times in a row and ended up in Division 4. It took them 6 years to get back to the 2nd tier and another 11 to get back to the top flight.

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 3:20pm
they could have had steve bruce at the start of season, oooooooooooooops !

Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:48pm
Former wolves Director Kevin Threlfall blaming Mick

The multi-millionaire Wolves supporter served under both Sir Jack Hayward and current owner Steve Morgan in a two-year stint.

And today offers a rare insight into the behind-the-scenes decision-making which have played a key role in the team’s fall from grace.

Astonishingly, Threlfall claims the board were “frightened” of former boss McCarthy and didn’t question enough his choice of in-coming transfers.

Threlfall said: "Mick would decide who he wanted to buy and the rest of the board would have absolutely no input in the process.

"The best we could ever get out of him was ‘he will do us a job.’ We were always operating on Mick’s word, there was no due diligence on these players and we have paid the price.

"I’m afraid a lot of the blame for where we are now lies at Mick’s door.”

As Threlfall broke his silence on his two years on the board today, he urged the addition of a senior director of football figure to prevent the mistakes of the past being repeated.

But whatever changes come the way of Wolves, the owner walking away is not one of them, according to Threlfall.

He said: “He is the right man to take the club forward. We can’t have another sea change.

"We can’t get rid of a board and bring in a new owner just like that. I would urge the fans to back them.

“And I tell you something – they should not under-estimate the drive of Steve now to prove wrong all the critics.

"You don’t do what he has done in life without being a very driven man. He will not like what has happened, not one bit.

"He will be committed to getting back in the Premier League and he will get far more pleasure out of doing that, because he will then feel he has put his mark on the place.

“He will not be in the least bit interested selling the club and giving up on it.

"The Steve Morgan I know is not going to rest until he has made the right decisions to take Wolves back

Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 11:16pm
Very interesting quotes about our Mick there. Personally, I wouldn't usually buy into blaming a manager who has been sacked over a year ago for all that gone wrong since at the same club. In this case though Mick has to take a massive proportion of the blame. 

The players left behind by McCarthy were appalling mostly, most importantly though they were on massively inflated contracts which meant none of them could be shipped on really. Some amount of dead wood at that club in the last 2 years player wise. The squad left by McCarthy and the fact they appointed Terry Connor to save them {who seems a genuinely good guy, but had no track record in management} was a recipe for disaster.

Does anybody else here agree with me that McCarthy record as a manager is not decent at all? I genuinely believe is record is pretty poor. That added to the fact most fellas think he's the 'salt of the earth' good guy grates me. He has made a number of negative comments about Wolves in the last 12 months, which any decent human being would not have made or else just wished them well and moved on.

Date Posted: 27 May 2013 at 12:25pm
Owen Coyle next Wolves manager ?

Date Posted: 27 May 2013 at 12:34pm

Owen Coyle next Wolves manager ?
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 27 May 2013 at 1:59pm
i personally think this threlfall fella just lumping all their problems onto mick. i believe that jez moxey fella is their chief exec., and would have a huge say in signings and contract negotiations ? mick made some mistakes there but got wolves into the prem after cost cutting at the club.
    as for this threlfall fella saying getting back into premier league, i think they have to get out of league 1 first ? people like this bloke behind the scenes are part of the reason wolves are where they are - that club needs to pull together, too late now to be pointing fingers.

Date Posted: 27 May 2013 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

i personally think this threlfall fella just lumping all their problems onto mick. i believe that jez moxey fella is their chief exec., and would have a huge say in signings and contract negotiations ? mick made some mistakes there but got wolves into the prem after cost cutting at the club.
    as for this threlfall fella saying getting back into premier league, i think they have to get out of league 1 first ? people like this bloke behind the scenes are part of the reason wolves are where they are - that club needs to pull together, too late now to be pointing fingers.

You could say the same about QPR

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 27 May 2013 at 2:48pm
could do far worse than appoint kenny jackett. decent manager at that level and a steady hand. 

will get them promoted with that squad handy enough

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:47pm
Kenny Jackett has got the Wolves job.

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 5:08pm
Progress alright LOLLOL I've no sympathy for their position brought it on themselves let them weasel down in league 1 with exotic trips like s****horpe and carlisle while the great Mick will chase promotion to the PL this season where he belongs SmileSmile

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 10:41pm
Come on the wolves!!! Lets see what happens in league 1. Preston first up away game 3 August.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 1:29am
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/07/wolves-must-cut-squad-if-they-qualify-for-europe-after-ffp-breach-uefa" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/07/wolves-must-cut-squad-if-they-qualify-for-europe-after-ffp-breach-uefa" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/07/wolves-must-cut-squad-if-they-qualify-for-europe-after-ffp-breach-uefa

Disgusting cheats
Put an asterisk beside their name
FFP is dead

And other assorted headlines 

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 1:43am
You need a shag Baggio.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:11pm
City should pen a letter to get Wolves kicked out of next years Europa League 

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:17pm

City should pen a letter to get Wolves kicked out of next years Europa League 
Suppose at least UEFA will be able to read it all if its an actual penned letterShocked