URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=41036
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 6:49pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Boardwalk Empire - Series 3 , starts Sept 16th US
Posted By: tonyjaa
Subject: Boardwalk Empire - Series 3 , starts Sept 16th US
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 8:36pm
1st series was slow but got decent enough
2nd series was excellent and i cant wait to see what happens in the 3rd , apparently this series is set 6 months after the finale.

Replies:
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 10:47pm
SPOILER

cANT BELIEVE THEY KILLED OFF THE JEWISH BUTCHER , I THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT CRAIC

end spoiler

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 11:15pm
Watched the 1st episode of the new season during the week ,It was very good,looks like it is set up for a good season ,couple of good new characters.New bootlegger in it called Gyp looks like he will be a class addition to the show,he had some of the best lines in it and is a proper nutjob.

Posted By: Black Knee Stevie
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 11:44am
Any of yiz know the name of the song they play on the trailer for season 3? 
It was playing before the Real, Barca match last night too

-------------
It is not just a simple game, it is a weapon of the revolution

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 12:01pm
Found it, Alpines-Empire

-------------

Posted By: c90
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Black Knee Stevie Black Knee Stevie wrote:

Found it, Alpines-Empire
glad we could help 

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 12:18pm
YBIG, Never lets ya down Clap

-------------

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Watched the 1st episode of the new season during the week ,It was very good,looks like it is set up for a good season ,couple of good new characters.New bootlegger in it called Gyp looks like he will be a class addition to the show,he had some of the best lines in it and is a proper nutjob.

Spolier if you havent seen series 2.

I can't believe they killed Jimmy,one of those TV moments that made you jump.I didn't think series 2 was as good as the first but what an ending.Im up to ep 3 in the third season and its starting to get good after a somewhat slow start,The character Gyp or however you spell it is stealing the show.Can't help but feel he will be killed off in the last episode but not before he makes his mark and does some damage.

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 2:21am
Keeps building and building at a nice, steady - but subtle - pace. 

Didn't think that that English chap would do Capone justice but he's excelling.

-------------

Posted By: captkeen
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 9:44pm
Great series, love it, Irish accent is a bit poor, but u cant have it all,

-------------
Live Long and Prosper.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by captkeen captkeen wrote:

Who's Irish accents?  Mrs. Shroeder's is fairly bad/annoying but other than that I think Owen is the only other Irish chracter.

Posted By: Poznanian
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 10:03pm

Who's Irish accents?  Mrs. Shroeder's is fairly bad/annoying but other than that I think Owen is the only other Irish chracter.

Season 2 when they went to Belfast was particularly painful. Otherwise awesome show. I wonder do Americans complain about Al Capone's accent. 

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 11:58pm

Your man Owen does a brilliant Irish accent i think,he's English himself.
The wife's accent isn't great but its passable.Fun fact,i knew i recognised her from somewhere,she's the school girl that Renton pulls and ends up going back to here house and having breakfast with her parents in Trainspotting.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 1:02am
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Your man Owen does a brilliant Irish accent i think,he's English himself.
The wife's accent isn't great but its passable.Fun fact,i knew i recognised her from somewhere,she's the school girl that Renton pulls and ends up going back to here house and having breakfast with her parents in Trainspotting.

Kelly McDonald is her name and the accent isn't too bad more annoying than anything.She is one of the worst characters in the show.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Keeps building and building at a nice, steady - but subtle - pace. 

Didn't think that that English chap would do Capone justice but he's excelling.

Stephen Graham is a fantastic actor

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 10:32am
That guy with the stupid laugh needs to get whacked , cant believe he was so naive to send the alcohol men back through that area only for them all to get whacked

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 11:06am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

That guy with the stupid laugh needs to get whacked , cant believe he was so naive to send the alcohol men back through that area only for them all to get whacked

He wasn't naive at all,he half expected it.He told Eli as much when Eli questioned him in the warehouse.He was following orders.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 1:03pm

He wasn't naive at all,he half expected it.He told Eli as much when Eli questioned him in the warehouse.He was following orders.

He still needs whacked

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 1:05pm

I keep trying to ignore how woeful it is but cant

Very annoying Angry

Its like she is trying too hard to get it perfect which just seems to make it worse

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:06pm
Bump.

Tried getting into boardwalk empire before.watched first few episodes and found it very slow moving.probably should give it another.is it as good as its made out to be?

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:10pm
Series one is outstanding, series 2 decent,  3, a bit meh. Haven't started the new one 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Bump.

Tried getting into boardwalk empire before.watched first few episodes and found it very slow moving.probably should give it another.is it as good as its made out to be?

Its slow paced alright so not everyone's cup of tea but lots of different stories running through it.It kind of makes the shock moments a bit more shocking when the do happen if ya know what i mean.Great atmosphere and attention to detail in the way its filmed as well.Very clever show imo,I love it.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:22pm
Will give it a shot so.cheers lads

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 9:57am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Series one is outstanding, series 2 decent,  3, a bit meh. Haven't started the new one 

Have to say that I found series 3 very good, your man Rossetti was some twisted individual! LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 10:03am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Have to say that I found series 3 very good, your man Rossetti was some twisted individual! LOL

Yeah, he was the highlight of it definitely. Dunno, the whole pace of the show seems to have slowed and slowed as it goes on. Now, I did find that with breaking bad as well, series 3 seemed to lull a bit for me. Have the first 3 episodes of series 4 downloaded so will try get back into it.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 10:50am

Yeah, he was the highlight of it definitely. Dunno, the whole pace of the show seems to have slowed and slowed as it goes on. Now, I did find that with breaking bad as well, series 3 seemed to lull a bit for me. Have the first 3 episodes of series 4 downloaded so will try get back into it.
[/QUOTE]

Didnt know it was back on, it can be a bit of a slow burner at times but there's always a big shock at the end which makes the wait worth it.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 12:47am
I watched the first ten episodes over the last two days absolutely glued to it and it was brilliant to watch but for some reason the plotting went haywire.I didn't think much of Kelly McDonald's Irish accent which is forgivable to be fair.The Van Alden agent must be one of the most ridiculous fictional characters ever created as a federal agent.I can understand him being religious but i find it beyond the realms of being  believable that a government agent would  firstly visit a suspect and confess to her he was there to save her soul rather than legally prosecute, but also drowning one of his colleagues in front of a crowd and get away with it. It's a pity because it's ruined a lot of it for me 

I'll still watch it though Cool

-------------

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 1:10am
haven't watched it mysef but the oul lad thinks its great stuff altogether

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 5:01pm

I watched the first ten episodes over the last two days absolutely glued to it and it was brilliant to watch but for some reason the plotting went haywire.I didn't think much of Kelly McDonald's Irish accent which is forgivable to be fair.The Van Alden agent must be one of the most ridiculous fictional characters ever created as a federal agent.I can understand him being religious but i find it beyond the realms of being  believable that a government agent would  firstly visit a suspect and confess to her he was there to save her soul rather than legally prosecute, but also drowning one of his colleagues in front of a crowd and get away with it. It's a pity because it's ruined a lot of it for me 

Think Van Alden is a great character, totally believable, so repressed he looks like a ticking time bomb.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 6:59pm
when does series 4 start?

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 7:02pm

About 5 episodes have been shown so far and I think it'st back on sky the last week of October.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Think Van Alden is a great character, totally believable, so repressed he looks like a ticking time bomb.

I know he's repressed but I don't think any Federal agent would be that unprofessional no matter how strong his religious beliefs.I think they've exaggerated him.Also it's very coincidental the Federal agent who's in Nucky's pocket happened to working on that case with him.It just seems like a twist thrown in for the sake of it with no explanation or logic behind it.These are only minor quibbles I have.Id still give the first series 8.5/10. The english lad Stephen Graham doing Al Capone is excellent but Id watch him in anything.He actually done a good Irish accent in Gangs Of New York too 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 9:20pm

About 5 episodes have been shown so far and I think it'st back on sky the last week of October.

ffs

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

haven't watched it mysef but the oul lad thinks its great stuff altogether

Don't watch it with him because there's a rake of tits and muff in it

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:09am

I know he's repressed but I don't think any Federal agent would be that unprofessional no matter how strong his religious beliefs.I think they've exaggerated him.Also it's very coincidental the Federal agent who's in Nucky's pocket happened to working on that case with him.It just seems like a twist thrown in for the sake of it with no explanation or logic behind it.These are only minor quibbles I have.Id still give the first series 8.5/10. The english lad Stephen Graham doing Al Capone is excellent but Id watch him in anything.He actually done a good Irish accent in Gangs Of New York too 

May be more believable if you live and work here, met plenty of people like him over the years, the type who might bring a gun to work some day and go wild.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:20am
But a Federal agent?! You know how difficult it is to join them through education and law enforcement experience.I just don't think anyone would be that reckless or a loose cannon doing a job like thatIt's not beyond the realms of possibility I suppose, I just thought it took away from the realism of it.

Anyway I don't think we'll agree on it.I must look up what reviewers thought of his character if they criticized it or praised it.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:22am
FYI MUFC - The head of the Boston FBI office in '05 and '06 was given a fine and a suspended sentence last week in a plea bargain agreement to avoid jail time. Nothing a Federal agent would do would surprise me.

Posted By: coleman's
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:23am
Was out one night on the lash and ordered a double whiskey and southern comfort, been calling it a "Jimmy Darmody" ever since. The man is a class act. Season 4 is decent, a good watch but you can see a lot of the stuff coming

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:25am

FYI MUFC - The head of the Boston FBI office in '05 and '06 was given a fine and a suspended sentence last week in a plea bargain agreement to avoid jail time. Nothing a Federal agent would do would surprise me.

What did he do? 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:30am

What did he do? 

He was hired by a company who were under investigation by the FBI and started lobbying the FBI Boston office the day after he retired. This is the same FBI Boston office that worked with Whitey Bulger for the guts of 20 years.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 1:16am

What did he do? 

He was hired by a company who were under investigation by the FBI and started lobbying the FBI Boston office the day after he retired. This is the same FBI Boston office that worked with Whitey Bulger for the guts of 20 years.

You'll always have corruption I suppose.What do you do yourself in Boston if you don't mind me asking?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 1:37am
I work in the mutual fund business, have worked for the same company on and off since I got here in 1994.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:51am

What did he do? 

You'll always have corruption I suppose.What do you do yourself in Boston if you don't mind me asking?

He was Whitey Bulger's right hand man.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by coleman's coleman's wrote:

Was out one night on the lash and ordered a double whiskey and southern comfort, been calling it a "Jimmy Darmody" ever since. The man is a class act. Season 4 is decent, a good watch but you can see a lot of the stuff coming

Lost all respect for Darmody once he rode his aul one LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 3:08pm

you cxxt im only halfway through season 2
tbh I had my suspicions as they always greet each other by kissing on the lips the Oedipus mother fcuker.Stupid casting there as she barely looks 5 years older than him.She's a complete fox.

Any program that has Shooter McGavin on it getting blowjobs is perfect.Shooter has the right idea

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 3:16pm

tbh I had my suspicions as they always greet each other by kissing on the lips the Oedipus mother fcuker.Stupid casting there as she barely looks 5 years older than him.She's a complete fox.

Any program that has Shooter McGavin on it getting blowjobs is perfect.Shooter has the right idea

Didn't they make out that she was 13 or something like that when she had him? Lucky Luciano banging her like there's no tomorrow, she has no problem getting the chebs out either, fair play to her Thumbs Up

Some serious amount of bush in it, damn 1920's LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 3:18pm

Didn't they make out that she was 13 or something like that when she had him? Lucky Luciano banging her like there's no tomorrow, she has no problem getting the chebs out either, fair play to her Thumbs Up

Another legend Clap

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 3:35pm

I know but she doesn't even look 13 years older than him.Your one Nucky's ex who has the child with Van Alden is always whipping out the growler and tits but she's rank in it

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 4:10pm
Ye that one has a serious barbara on her. Chalky White's character gets very good over the next season.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 3:19pm
Your man Mickey Doyle with the funny laugh is hilarious in it. . The bit where he's leaving Eli back to his house after him coming out of jail and tells Eli he now works under him and to be up in the morning for a bootleg delivery.Eli tells him to go fcuk himself and Mickey replies "Goodnight to you too" followed by his high pitched laugh is priceless LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 4:19pm
I used to think he was an annoying twat but he's actually fairly funny, some laugh on him.

Wait till you come across Gyp Rossetti, best character in by a mile Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 4:58pm
I hate that Rosetti. Can't wait till they wipe the floor with that smarmy greaseball.

The fella Harrow with the face mask is very good in it 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 5:19pm

I hate that Rosetti. Can't wait till they wipe the floor with that smarmy greaseball.

The fella Harrow with the face mask is very good in it 

Ya serious? He's brilliant in it I thought, just an absolute deviant

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 5:22pm
He's a good bad guy but he's an unlikable fcuker.Just after finishing the episodein season 3 where his men ambush the bootleg convoy's rothstein delivery.He's gonna payfor that  Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 7:19pm
Rosetti is a great character

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 3:39pm
really enjoying the fourth season of this. 

Torrio arguing with Capone

Torrio: "You want to take on the Chicago Police?! they'll send a fcuking army down here!" LOL 

-------------

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 3:40pm
You get the 4th series online?

Starts on saturday on sky atlantic

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 3:46pm
watchseries.to

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 3:47pm
Yeah, 4 or 5 episodes online. Watched the first one. Last series wasn't the best I thought so hoping it picks up again.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

You get the 4th series online?

Starts on saturday on sky atlantic

Ya I'm on episode 7 and you can watch all them on this website watchseries.it. The movshare.com links are generally the best to watch it on.

http://watchseries.lt/episode/boardwalk_empire_s4_e7.html" rel="nofollow - http://watchseries.lt/episode/boardwalk_empire_s4_e7.html

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 12:25am
So much tits and ass, Daughter Maitland is unreal, pity she's movin against chalky. too any stories happening at the one time

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 2:14pm
Great last episode, narrowed down storylines...left out that darmody one completley and tied up Will and Nucky's stuff. Chalky WhiteClap.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 2:17pm

Great last episode, narrowed down storylines...left out that darmody one completley and tied up Will and Nucky's stuff. Chalky WhiteClap.

chalkys mistressHeart

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 1:35pm
Van Alden you legend (Series 4 Episode 9)

Series 4 is feckin brilliant.Definitely my favourite series. I think it's gotten better with Darmody out of it 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 1:42pm
Half agree with u there really love van Alden I think he is going to explode soon as for his wife she has sexy accent I think it's dutch

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 2:01pm
She's scandanavian, think it's swedish? Yeah van Alden is gonna break sh*t up, still not too mad about this season but it's coming together nicely. At least that willy subplot is out of the way

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 2:04pm
Just started season 4 last night, Dun Purnsley doing a bit of cuckold LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 2:07pm

She's scandanavian, think it's swedish? Yeah van Alden is gonna break sh*t up, still not too mad about this season but it's coming together nicely. At least that willy subplot is out of the way

just googled it she is norweigan

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

just googled it she is norweigan

the actress is american born to german danish parents she is a looking cracker in real life

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Christiane+Seidel&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9016Uof9AsqN0AWjkYCICQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#imgdii=_" rel="nofollow - https://www.google.ie/search?q=Christiane+Seidel&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9016Uof9AsqN0AWjkYCICQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#imgdii=_

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 12:17am
just watched series 4 finale

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 10:34am

It's my favourite series but thought the finale was a bit of a damp squib.What do ya think?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 11:17am

It's my favourite series but thought the finale was a bit of a damp squib.What do ya think?

nothing would top last years
i was surprised at the survival of one character and the death of another, it did appear to be a big set-up for series 5 were its so obvious that Al Capone is about to become one of the greatest bad guys in tv history

love the show

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 12:56pm

nothing would top last years
i was surprised at the survival of one character and the death of another, it did appear to be a big set-up for series 5 were its so obvious that Al Capone is about to become one of the greatest bad guys in tv history

love the show

Don't want to ruin it but very disappointed with the death of the character who died under the pier.One of my favourite characters in it.

Stephen Graham is excellent as Al Capone and Van Alden is better now in it imo.
Roll on series 5

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 6:33pm

Series 4 was proably my favourite as well.The ending was a bit disappointing though,wasn't up to the high standard of the rest of the season.Its the best show on telly at the moment imo.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 9:18am
Series finale on tonight at 9 on Sky Atlantic. What's people verdict on this season? Too be honest haven't been all that interested in the Nucky flashbacks.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Series finale on tonight at 9 on Sky Atlantic. What's people verdict on this season? Too be honest haven't been all that interested in the Nucky flashbacks.

I watched it last night,it wraps it up pretty good considering most of the main characters now we already know what happens to them.
It was a brilliant series up to season 3 and went down hill big time after that.

I would love to see a series spin off passed on Luciano and Lansky.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 7:58pm
Very good ending, thought this season was good but there had been better. For me, the flashbacks didn't really add anything to this season. Was Luciano's eye always like that?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 9:33pm

Was Luciano's eye always like that?

Lucky got that sh*t beaten outta him and it left him with a bad eye and scar.it was mentioned in an episode but they didnt go into any detail,he just passed it off when Al (I think) asked him.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 9:52pm
Rings a bell now you say it, lucky and Meyer are great characters

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:09am
Watched some of the Al Capone clips from Series 4. Very tempted to pick it up from there and watch it from there. Seen series 3 too many times.

He's absolutely top class as Capone on you tube. He also put on a good Dublin accent in Gangs of New York too.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2020 at 9:48pm
bump 

Started watching this again as I hadn't seen it in awhile. 

Richard Harrow is a brilliant character. Clap

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net