Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=41012
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 11:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "Other" European Leagues
Posted By: PhilliyK
Subject: "Other" European Leagues
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:51pm
Was looking there for a Russian league thread but the only one showing was locked in 09 for some odd reason Confused

Anyway should have a thread for the news etc.. on other leagues not usually covered on here no matter how odd/weird the news I reckon Thumbs Up 

But anyway Zenit in the the first home game with Hulk+Witsel in the team just got beat by Terek Grozny 0-2 Shocked  Terek were still trading at 16/1 on 63mins as I had a £3 bet on them as they were looking the most dangerous team Clap Result has put Terek top off the table ShockedClap

Was a superb save from Malefeev in the game as well at 0-0

-------------

Replies:
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:54pm
Should add Ailton was the 1st goal scorer on his debut for Terek with a cracking breakaway goal - his 3rd in 3 games against Zenit as he scored twice for APOEL last year in the champions league against them, the Zenit fans must be sick off the sight off him by now LOL

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:09am
I'm sure the result would have changed had Nani not priced Gazprom FC out of a move Embarrassed

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:13am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

I'm sure the result would have changed had Nani not priced Gazprom FC out of a move Embarrassed
doubt it sir as the Zenit team where fecking woeful, made me wonder where bet365 watching the same game as I was Shocked

Saying all that I shall still back them to get a result in the champions league next week as the attack will click eventually

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:18am
Sorry about that,sarcasm really doesn't work on the internet.I'm a United fan,and I despise Nani because of his chronic inconsistency.I nearly cried when I heard he ruined the Zenit deal,yet found how he priced them out of a move somewhat hilarious

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:21am

Sorry about that,sarcasm really doesn't work on the internet.I'm a United fan,and I despise Nani because of his chronic inconsistency.I nearly cried when I heard he ruined the Zenit deal,yet found how he priced them out of a move somewhat hilarious
No bother, I generally dont mind Leeds fans as they have had to cope with alot and have come out off it all with a lot better grace than most other fans Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:29am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

No bother, I generally dont mind Leeds fans as they have had to cope with alot and have come out off it all with a lot better grace than most other fans Thumbs Up

Leeds?! Shocked

That would be like me calling you a Lazio fan!

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:29am

LOL

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:36am

Leeds?! Shocked

Shocked why would that be?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:38am

Leeds?! Shocked

I HATE Leeds

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:43am

Leeds?! Shocked

I HATE Leeds
Confused here now sir, you claimed to be a united fan so I assumed it was Leeds, please god tell me you are not a W*** H** United fan, I could cope with Newcastle but not them lot

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:45am
Even worse,Man Utd

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:55am
Puking emoticon (Funny Emoticons set)

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:56am
I do apologise.Probably won't help that Juve are my favourite Italian side....

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:59am

I dont mind other Italian sides even Lazio Shocked as long as they arent fecking Inter Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:02am

I dont mind other Italian sides even Lazio Shocked as long as they arent fecking Inter Dead

Thank Jaysus,I share your dislike of Inter,although I have major respect for some of the players they've had over the years,namely Zanetti and Ronaldo

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:11am
Zanetti due to his loyalty perhaps but no, aside from June 08- June 10 I have always despised everything and anything connected to that sh*t hole off a club, they are fighting it out up there with barca, comedy fc, shef wank, w.h** and manure in my list off teams I have most distain for Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:15am
I approve massively of your inclusion of Barca in that list

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:34am
Think it will be interesting to see how Lassanna Diarra does at Anzhi, good signing for them 

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:23am
It'll be very interesting to see how much the Russian league grows in the run up to and after the 2018 WC. The purchase of Hulk and Witsel were the first really big signings of great young foreign players. I'd say as we get closer there'll be more and more. A lot of very rich owners and soon there'll be a lot of very nice new stadiums to go with it.

I think Zenit should top their Champions League group ahead of Malaga and Milan.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:24pm

Zanetti due to his loyalty perhaps but no, aside from June 08- June 10 I have always despised everything and anything connected to that sh*t hole off a club, they are fighting it out up there with barca, comedy fc, shef wank, w.h** and manure in my list off teams I have most distain for Thumbs Up

Who do you mean by comedy FC PhillyK Ermm

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 5:07pm
Zenit needed to come from 2 goals down to draw with Krylya Sovietov.

Hulk scored this screamer.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 8:46am
Both kerzhakov and Denisov have been demoted to the Zenit reserves after refusing to train in protest to the salaries both hulk and witsel are on

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:54pm
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/footballer-fined-100-000-drinking-beer-144747329.html" rel="nofollow - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/footballer-fined-100-000-drinking-beer-144747329.html

Wont be drinking beer for a while I'd say LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 5:07pm
A picture of new signing Hulk with words "Hulk Out!" written on it was found at Zenit's training ground today along with a fake bomb.

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

A picture of new signing Hulk with words "Hulk Out!" written on it was found at Zenit's training ground today along with a fake bomb.

Shocked                                        Has he scored  yet?

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

A picture of new signing Hulk with words "Hulk Out!" written on it was found at Zenit's training ground today along with afake bomb.

Shocked                                        Has he scored  yet?

Zenit needed to come from 2 goals down to draw with Krylya Sovietov.

Hulk scored this screamer.

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 6:42pm
Bored in work today and was reading the sky sports features and came across this interesting wee piece
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8111528/Setting-the-Standard" rel="nofollow - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8111528/Setting-the-Standard

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 9:32pm
Some crazy as fuk decision here from the ref ShockedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 10:33pm
Didn't know Shane Robinson was the captain of FC Haka.

I don't know why the lad was taking a throw from the half way line. Ball went out much further up(Probably not as far up s they did take the throw). I think the camerawork makes that decision look worse than it was.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 9:39pm
Fener v Besiktas
Porto v Sporting
Standard Liege v Anderlecht
Marseille v Paris S.G
Barcelona v Real Madrid
AC Milan v Inter Milan
Atletico Madrid     v Malaga

Somebody should put a stop to games like these overlapping.

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 2:31pm
Match between Dynamo Moscow + Zenit suspended today cause of this Thumbs Down

And piece about the trouble

MOSCOW, Nov 17 (Reuters) - A Russian Premier League match between Dynamo Moscow and champions Zenit St Petersburg was abandoned on Saturday after fans threw firecrackers onto the pitch, injuring Dynamo goalkeeper Anton Shunin.

Late in the first half with Dynamo leading 1-0, the referee stopped the match after one of the missiles, thrown by the Zenit supporters, landed near Shunin, injuring his eye.

It was far from ideal preparation for Russian champions Zenit, who host Spanish side Malaga in the Champions League Group C match on Wednesday.

Zenit, who trailed league leaders CSKA Moscow by three points before Saturday's matches, could be handed a 3-0 defeat as well as a hefty fine from the Russian FA. Dynamo were in 10th place, 18 points off the pace midway through the season.

Local media reported that some 30 Zenit fans had attacked Dynamo supporters before the match in the Moscow suburb Khimki.

It was the latest in a series of violent incidents in Russian soccer.

Last month, a group of Dynamo fans in camouflage shot at players using paintball rifles at the club's training ground.

The fans had been angry with some of Dynamo's foreign players, warning them to boost their performances or pay the consequences.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 6:29pm
Shakhtar losing 1-0 to Arsenal Kyiv at half time in the league.

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 7:43pm

Shakhtar losing 1-0 to Arsenal Kyiv at half time in the league.

They lost 2-0.

They had won their previous 24 league games.

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 8:02pm
Red Star Belgrade 3 - 2     Partizan Belgrade

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 8:15pm

Red Star Belgrade 3 - 2     Partizan Belgrade

A great day for die hard red star fans such as myself and Thebrozne14

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 12:38pm
Unai Emery sacked by Spartak Moscow.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 12:39pm
that was quick....right after the 5 nil defeat??

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: DG80
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 10:37pm
anybody (well, looking in the direction of tribalarmy!) know why sporting lisbon are doing so bad this season. 11 points from 10 games so far.

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

anybody (well, looking in the direction of tribalarmy!) know why sporting lisbon are doing so bad this season. 11 points from 10 games so far.

No idea but I'm extremely surprised to see that. Sa Pinto really turned them around when he came at the start of Februaury. They were playing some brilliant stuff in the Europa League and reached the cup final. I thought they might give Benfica, Braga and Porto a challenge this season. They signed some decent enough experienced players and only lost Matias Fernandez and Pereira.

Looks like the season didn't start well for Sa Pinto and he was gone after 5 league games.

The new coach hasn't fixed the problem, whatever it is.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 9:45pm
Pana have been threatened with the electricity being cut off at the ground, and after discussions with authorities, the Greek Football Federation has recommended the following course of action:

Due to financial difficulties, Panathinaikos has not met the minimum financial obligations towards the stadium. For this reason, please consider the matches of the club to take place in the midday hours so that Panathinaikos not be charged for extra electricity, thus simultaneously increasing the amount of the arrears to the stadium.

Worrying times in Greece...

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 10:24pm
UEFA have outlawed third party owned players in their competitions,with a period of 3 or 4 years to allow for clubs to adjust.Bad news for Portuguese and Russian clubs

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 10:47pm
Porto f**ked...

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 4:21pm
Galatasaray -v- Fenerbahce @ 6pm

Galatasaray are currently 1st with Besiktas, Fenerbahce and Antalyaspor all 2 points behind them.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/159214/1/watch-galatasaray-vs-fenerbahce.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/159214/1/watch-galatasaray-vs-fenerbahce.html

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 5:58pm
Quality display from the Gala Ultras. Massive lion rising out of their support and what I think may have been Fenerbahce's stadium on fire. With a fener fan holding his hands looking at it.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 6:01pm

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 6:15pm
1-0 Galatasaray. Place is hopping.

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 6:37pm
Superb!!

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 6:39pm
Gooooolazo free kick 2-1 to Galatasaray

Wonderful game.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 5:12pm
A Zenit supporters group has called for no black or gay players to be selected for their team.

Russian football fans continue to show themselves in the best possible light following their antics at EURO 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 6:04pm
Them Russians are loonies. There will be problems there with black supporters. We seen a small bit of this in Poland like.

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 12:27pm
Raul Meireles gets 11-game ban for allegedly spitting at ref and making homophobic gesture.

Meireles said: “I’m really annoyed at being accused of spitting at the referee. I have an eight-year-old child, can you imagine if kids at school start saying your father spat at a referee? This could ruin my reputation in the eyes of my child.

“I have many gay friends who I deeply respect. The hand gesture I made is directed at the referee caving in to the pressure of the home fans. That hand gesture was to tell him he was scared. Look at my hairstyle, what I wear, I’m not a prejudicial person, my hand gesture was in no way, shape or form a homophobic one.

“I don’t know what the hand gesture for calling somebody gay is in Turkey but what I did was entirely based around the referee being a coward and bowing to the pressure. The referee’s accusations are outrageous and defamatory. I will be taking legal action against him to prove my innocence.”

11 games for the Gala player(earlier this year). 12 for Meireles.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 12:39pm
Turkish league be crazy

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Turkish league be crazy

Would rather go to a game there than the UK though.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 7:51pm
Benfica - Porto on at 8:15

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 8:31pm
2-1 Porto after 15 minutes.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 8:32pm
2-2 after 16....

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 9:07pm
15 out of the 22 starting players are South Americans. 2 are Portugese...
No wonder it's exciting.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 10:12pm
finished up 2-2

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 10:28pm

finished up 2-2

Unreal first 20 minutes, the rest was pretty bad. Both teams still unbeaten..

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 10:37pm
have sporting improved. its very tight now. 3points separate 7th from second bottom

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 10:48pm

have sporting improved. its very tight now. 3points separate 7th from second bottom

Haven't watched them but they sacked the lad that took over earlier in the season over christmas. Brought in Jesualdo Ferreira who has won 2 out of his first 3 games in 2013.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:06pm
Do they play the Turkish national anthem before all Turkish league games or just the big wans?

1-0 Galatasaray, never knew McGregor was the Besiktas keeper. Sneijder on the bench.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:45pm

Raul Meireles gets 11-game ban for allegedly spitting at ref and making homophobic gesture.

Meireles said: “I’m really annoyed at being accused of spitting at the referee. I have an eight-year-old child, can you imagine if kids at school start saying your father spat at a referee? This could ruin my reputation in the eyes of my child.

“I have many gay friends who I deeply respect. The hand gesture I made is directed at the referee caving in to the pressure of the home fans. That hand gesture was to tell him he was scared. Look at my hairstyle, what I wear, I’m not a prejudicial person, my hand gesture was in no way, shape or form a homophobic one.

“I don’t know what the hand gesture for calling somebody gay is in Turkey but what I did was entirely based around the referee being a coward and bowing to the pressure. The referee’s accusations are outrageous and defamatory. I will be taking legal action against him to prove my innocence.”

11 games for the Gala player(earlier this year). 12 for Meireles.

Meireles returned from this ban(it got reduced) and got sent off after 3 minutes.

Drogba scored 5 minutes after coming on for his debut. Also got an assist.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 6:34pm
and it was alan kelly who sent him off. definate sending off

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 8:59pm

A Ryman Premier League game between Wingate & Finchley and Thurrock has been abandoned after five players from the home side were shown red cards.

Visitors Thurrock had a 1-0 lead over their relegation rivals when the match was called off in the 85th minute.

Initially I saw sympathy for them but then they were masters of their own downfall

Ben Smith Thurrock midfielder

The Football Association rules state that matches cannot continue if one side has only six players.

A spokesman for the FA said it would have to wait for the referee's report before deciding whether to take action.

There will be a further discussion to decide whether the match will be replayed or whether Thurrock will be awarded the win.

"It's fair to say it wasn't a particularly good spectacle and it was just very strange," Thurrock midfielder Ben Smith told BBC Sport.

"If you were watching it, there weren't really any bad tackles. Initially I saw sympathy for them but then they were masters of their own downfall.

"They hardly had any players and we were 1-0 up so you'd like to think we'd have seen out the last five minutes."

Before Sunday's match, Thurrock stood second bottom in the league on 24 points while Wingate & Finchley are 18th but just seven points ahead.

In 2002, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/1872847.stm" rel="nofollow - Sheffield United's first division match against West Bromwich Albion was abandoned on 82 minutes after the Blades had three players sent off and a further two injured, leaving the home side with only six players left on the field.

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 12:15pm
Katidis banned from all future Greece squads after celebrating with an alleged Nazi salute when he scored for AEK. He was the Greek U19 captain last year.

Today is the 70th anniversary of Greek-Jew deportations to Nazi concentration camps in the Second World War.

Katidis says he didn't know what the salute meant and says e is not a fascist. His German coach backed him up. He says he as pointing at an injured player in the stands.

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 1:58pm
Was watching the 2nd half earlier of the CSKA match, the Russian league still looks to be a very stop start league with both midfield's fouling constantly and a lack of fluidity to their play(the Luzhniki pitch probably a factor)

Still good to see yer wee rocket Musa playing, still has that devasting speed I see Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 12:39am
Porto drew with Maritimo tonight, their second draw in three games, leaving them 4 points behind Benfica.

4 points is a massive gap in that league, neither team have lost yet this season.... they do however play each other in the second last game of the season in the Dragao. Also Porto no longer have the UCL to think about, while Benfica are still in the Europa League.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:59pm
just saw that the norwegien league has started back. champions molde have played 3 and lost 3

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 1:26am
A great site in the Faroese third division, YBIG members make up about 90% of Giza's supportClap

#   Team MP W D L F A D P Last 5 matches H2H
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/giza-hoyvik/21168/" rel="nofollow - Giza / Hoyvík 1 1 0 0 7 0 +7 3 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/giza-hoyvik/skala-if-ii/1420656/" rel="nofollow - W < name="team_ids" value="21168" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/b68-toftir-ii/10083/" rel="nofollow - B68 II 1 1 0 0 4 1 +3 3 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/b68-toftir-ii/ki-klaksvik-iii/1420654/" rel="nofollow - W < name="team_ids" value="10083" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/undri-torshavn/8320/" rel="nofollow - Undrid 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 3 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/undri-torshavn/if-fuglafjordur/1420657/" rel="nofollow - W < name="team_ids" value="8320" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/ab-argir-ii/14810/" rel="nofollow - AB II 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/vb-sumba-vagur-ii/ab-argir-ii/1420658/" rel="nofollow - W < name="team_ids" value="14810" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/mb-midvagur/10605/" rel="nofollow - MB 1 0 1 0 0 0 +0 1 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/nsi-runavik-ii/mb-midvagur/1420655/" rel="nofollow - D < name="team_ids" value="10605" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/nsi-runavik-ii/8041/" rel="nofollow - NSÍ II 1 0 1 0 0 0 +0 1 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/nsi-runavik-ii/mb-midvagur/1420655/" rel="nofollow - D < name="team_ids" value="8041" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/if-fuglafjordur/14982/" rel="nofollow - ÍF II 1 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/undri-torshavn/if-fuglafjordur/1420657/" rel="nofollow - L < name="team_ids" value="14982" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/vb-sumba-vagur-ii/6582/" rel="nofollow - Suduroy II 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/vb-sumba-vagur-ii/ab-argir-ii/1420658/" rel="nofollow - L < name="team_ids" value="6582" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/ki-klaksvik-iii/23634/" rel="nofollow - KÍ III 1 0 0 1 1 4 -3 0 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/06/faroe-islands/2-deild/b68-toftir-ii/ki-klaksvik-iii/1420654/" rel="nofollow - L < name="team_ids" value="23634" ="">
http://int.soccerway.com/teams/faroe-islands/skala-if-ii/21267/" rel="nofollow - Skála II 1 0 0 1 0 7 -7 0

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 9:44pm
Currently 1-1 between Braga and Porto. Another 2 points dropped by Porto would be a massive step towards a Benfica title.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 9:50pm
As I say that they score 2 late goals. 3-1 to Porto.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 9:58pm
Just looking there, Benfica have a pretty easy run in with 3 home games and only 2 away one of which on the 12th May is at Porto and looking at their run in only Sporting look capable of taking points of them next sunday as they generally are to strong for Maritimo who usually are decent at home

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 10:14pm
Hopefully they do slip up before the second last weekend.

One of them will probably lose the league despite being undefeated.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:53am
lisbon derby on sunday and benfica play porto on the second last day of the season.Good finish to that league.Would prefer to see benfica win the league.Would like to go to one of their games sometime, nice stadium and their jerseys are lovely.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:31am
another ybig team, Budapest's Ferencvaros (we played our fans game at their training complex while they trained on a pitch 40 feet away) lost a six pointter tonight to honved, one point behind europa league spot with 7 to play

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 3:59pm
Can anyone tell me, is the Waregem v Anderlecht match tonight the last game of the season and is it for the automatic champions league spot/championship? 

Also just who the feck has qualified for the europa league spots in that league? 

Was looking on soccerway there at todays match's and cant work out who is playing for what as it has Gent (finished 12th) and Charleroi(11) down as playing for a europa league spot despite finishing well down the table. The play off (1) looks to have the top 6 from the regular season but if that is correct then Club Brugge(finished 4th) are missing out on a play off for a europa league spot all together - fukin mad league LOL

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 5:18pm

Can anyone tell me, is the Waregem v Anderlecht match tonight the last game of the season and is it for the automatic champions league spot/championship? 

Also just who the feck has qualified for the europa league spots in that league? 

Was looking on soccerway there at todays match's and cant work out who is playing for what as it has Gent (finished 12th) and Charleroi(11) down as playing for a europa league spot despite finishing well down the table. The play off (1) looks to have the top 6 from the regular season but if that is correct then Club Brugge(finished 4th) are missing out on a play off for a europa league spot all together - fukin mad league LOL
Each of the 16 competitors in the Pro League hosts every other team once in the regular season, for a total of 30 matches between July and March. A win earns three points and a draw earns one point. Teams are ranked by total points, then by total wins and finally by goal difference, number of scored goals, number of away goals and number of away wins. If teams are still level, a test-match is played in two legs to determine the final order in the standings.

A playoff phase is then played from March to May. The point system in the playoffs is the same as during the regular season, except that each team starts with half of the points they won in the regular season, rounded up to the nearest integer. The points gained by rounding are deducted in the case of a tie.

The top 6 teams from the regular season enter the playoffs 1, with the first-placed team winning the championship of Belgium. Each team plays their opponents twice, and the teams are ranked by points, points from rounding, wins, etc. as in the regular season.

Teams ranked 7 to 14 after the regular season enter the playoffs 2, with teams ranked 7th, 9th, 12th and 14th entering the group A and teams ranked 8th, 10th, 11th and 13th entering the group B. In each group, each team plays each of its 3 opponents twice. The winner of each group plays the final game in two legs, to determine the winner of the playoffs 2. The winner of the playoffs 2 then plays a home and away game against either the fourth-placed or fifth-placed team from the playoffs 1 for the final Europa League ticket, with the opponent depending on the fact if the Belgian Cup winner ended in the top four of the playoff 1 or not.

Teams ranked 15th and 16th after the regular season enter the relegation playoff. It consists of 5 games between the 2 teams. The 15th-placed team starts the playoffs with 3 points whereas the 16th-placed team starts from zero. The loser of the relegation playoff is relegated to the second division. The winner of that playoff enters the  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Second_Division_Final_Round" rel="nofollow - Belgian Second Division Final Round  with 3 teams from the second division. The winner of this Final Round plays in the First Division the season thereafter.

Matches are usually played on Saturdays at 20.00. Some matchdays are played on Wednesdays, however. Furthermore, in recent years, some games are played either on Fridays or during the weekend at different times (e.g. Saturday at 18.00 or Sunday at 13.00 or 20.00), as decided by the owner of television rights. Each team playing the Pro League must have been granted the  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_professional_football_license" rel="nofollow - Belgian professional football license  guaranteeing the club has no excessive debts, has a secure stadium, etc. This was introduced in season 2001-02 to decrease the number of teams in the division and ensure a higher level of professionalism in the clubs playing in the top flight of Belgian football. Originally, clubs that could not get the license were supposed not to be replaced (and sent to the  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Third_Division" rel="nofollow - third division ). However, it is still not effective as, for example,  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K.S.K._Beveren" rel="nofollow - KSK Beveren  finished 18th (last) in 2001-2002 but were saved as  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K.S.C._Eendracht_Aalst" rel="nofollow - KSC Eendracht Aalst  (17th) and  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.W.D._Molenbeek" rel="nofollow - RWD Molenbeek  (10th) were refused their license.Confused

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 6:41pm
yea. its a mad playoff system there alright.

in greece, aek athens have been relegated for the first time in their history. they were at home the other day and conceeded an og so the fans went nuts and invaded the pitch. players legged it. hey got a points deduction also.

http://balls.ie/football/aek-athens-players-forced-to-flee-from-pitch-after-own-goal/

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 6:54pm
Didnt realise they had already been relegated, knew about the pitch invation and was watching their game there for the craic to see would much happen but the link has gone down Thumbs Down

Seen the legend that is Trianos Dellas was put in charge 2 weeks ago, wonder if he'll get another legend - Vas Borbokis in as well to assist him Big smile would happily take that dream team in charge at the blades next season Cool 

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 7:48pm
Dellas

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 8:46pm
Waregem 1 up after 55 so going top of the table with 5 to play Thumbs Up

Benfica 0-0 Sporting as well, hopefully can stay that way to make the run in a bit of fun before they play Porto Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:02pm

Benfica 0-0 Sporting as well, hopefully can stay that way to make the run in a bit of fun before they play Porto Thumbs Up

I was thinking the same thing, but this goal deserves to win the title...

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:44pm
That is an incredible goal. It's really hard to look past them now. It would be incredible if they both managed to avoid defeat for the entire season though (albeit I'd prefer a Benfica win for the finality of it..... were Porto to win that game but lose the title, they could argue about it, even though the argument would lack validity).

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 12:03am
Jaysus thats unreal Clap

Wonder will it win or even make Fifa's goal of the year (Puskas award is it)

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 12:06am
liquid footballClap

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 2:14pm
Club Brugge 1 up on Anderlecht, if it stays like that and S.Leige can beat Waregem later theyre back within 3 ponts of Waregem with 4 to play, Liege within 2 and Anderlecht within 1.

Could be the best ending to any league in europe this year if that pans out Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 3:26pm
Fuking Brugge defender just brought down an Anderlecht striker in the 92min, looked outside but a penalty was given, and red card. Been a cracking last 20mins and the Anderlecht lads preceeds to miss the penalty LOL

C'mon Standard Leige now to make this interesting Thumbs Up

Loving this idea of play offs to decide the champions if the end of this game that I seen is anything to go by Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 11:42pm
bollixin Benfica scored in the 72nd min tonight to win again, had been keeping an eye on it hoping Maritimo would hold out for the draw but started watching tv and forgot about it Thumbs Down

Also meant to say Liege won yesterday so the play off table looks like this with 4 games to go Clap
               P   W  D  L  F    A   Pts
Waregem 6   2   2   2 11  11  40
A'lecht     6    1  2   3  7    7   39
S.Liege    6    4  1   1  11  7   38
Brugges   6    3  1   2  12  9   37
Genk       6    2  2   2  5    8   36

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 6:57pm
What the feck is the Red Star keeper  at??LOL  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSH_QY_5Cy4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSH_QY_5Cy4

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:02pm
[QUOTE=Salzburglilly]What the feck is the Red Star keeper  at??LOL  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSH_QY_5Cy4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSH_QY_5Cy4

[/QUOTE

lucky they won or he'd have not been able to show his face in belgrade for a while

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 8:11pm
LOL

Snapshot: Rapid Vienna Fans Build Brick Wall In Front Of Club Offices In Protest Over Shoddy Season…

| 29th, April 2013

Peeved at the decidedly average 2012/13 season their side have muddled through this term, a group of Rapid Vienna fans staged a protest at the club’s general offices in the Austrian capital by building a brick wall across the entrance to prevent management from going into the building…

rapid-vienna-wall-protest

The group of Rapid Ultras built the wall over Sunday night and hung a photo of general manager Werner Kuhn upon it, with the message underneath reading: “I’m not allowed in.”

Rapid are currently third in the Austrian Bundesliga and it looks like that’s where they’re going to stay, seeing as thought they’re a whopping 23 points off FK Austria Wien at the summit and 17 off Red Bull Salzburg in second – and that’s if WAC, who are two points behind Rapid in fourth spot, don’t catch them in the remaining six games.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 12:25pm
I never knew O'Leary from Fawlty Towers had moved to Vienna

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 2:49pm
FFS Anderlecht just scored to go 1-0 v Liege link here if interested, good game
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/184965/1/watch-rsc-anderlecht-fc-vs-standard-de-liege.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/184965/1/watch-rsc-anderlecht-fc-vs-standard-de-liege.html

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

O'Reilly !!!!!

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

O'Reilly !!!!!
Sorry! What was O'Leary from?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2013 at 7:58pm
Galatasaray have won the Turkish League. They now have 19 titles -v- Fenerbahce's 18 titles. They play each other next week as well at Fener's ground.

Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:14pm
Benfica 1-1 Estoril

That means Porto are 2 points behind Benfica with 2 games remaining.

Porto -v- Benfica next week.

Both teams still unbeaten.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:43pm

Benfica 1-1 Estoril

That means Porto are 2 points behind Benfica with 2 games remaining.

Porto -v- Benfica next week.

Both teams still unbeaten.

Força Porto!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net