Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=40814
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:13pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Aviva Stadium.
Posted By: Davros
Subject: Aviva Stadium.
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 12:14pm
Or Lansdowne as it always will be to me, doesn't seem to have it's own thread so here goes...

For any thoughts/feedback.

Know that one stand is a pox to get into and you may, literally, have to go round the houses to get in...

Thanks also for reply in Germany thread but besides the Google Earth option, does anyone know what the 'restricted' view is from Block 529?

-------------
Integrate, Integrate!

Replies:
Posted By: ballymacB
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 2:05pm
Restricted view is a bar in your eyeline, it will affect you if your watching the birds, not watching the match

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 4:41pm
Quick question lads.

What was the capacity of Lansdowne Road for matches?

All seater and mixed too.

Cheers

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 4:45pm
51,700 for matches, not sure for concerts

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Quick question lads.

What was the capacity of Lansdowne Road for matches?

All seater and mixed too.

Cheers

36k all seated and 48k mixed

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:09pm
Really have grown to dislike it. Its a fine stadium but the North terrace looks like they ran out of money or it was designed badly and lets the place down big time.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:11pm
Miss the old Landsdowne. Every time I have been in the new one, I expect the script to arrive on the pitch

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:18pm
I love the translucence and curves of the outside.  Clean, clear sight lines of the inner.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:22pm
Sorry lads I meant the old lansdowne.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:25pm
Looks great from the outside but has no character inside. Was in the North Stand directly behind the posts for the rugy game against England(first time sitting there) and it would definately make a better SS.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: forza trapp
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:25pm
Stunning stadium when viewed at night from Londonbridge Road. But as stated before, the north stand is shocking. Have a friend from London whom I have brought to both Croker and Lansdowne for games, he asked me "why do the Irish build stadiums with only three sides" ??

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Sorry lads I meant the old lansdowne.

valo88 is correct with the capacities,  I remember 33K capacity as temporary 'bucket seats' were installed in WC94 qualifiers.

with terracing FAI capacity was 48,000 but IRFU capacity was higher as they put wooden benches on grass behind goalposts and maybe along touchline 'touchline seats'(?).

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: GreenDodger93
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 8:50pm
The Aviva really is sh*te

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:06pm
Would we have been better building a new stadium on the outskirts of the city?
Personally like the way we are in the city and as far as I know this is the biggest capacity we could have got with the space we had available.

It does look half finished though which is a shame.

Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:20pm
hate it tbh..soulless

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:29pm
Class looking on outside...No love for it in inside.. Bottom tier isn't steep enough. If we had a crowd in it willing to sing and make some sort of atmosphere I wouldn't mind it i'd say

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Class looking on outside...No love for it in inside.. Bottom tier isn't steep enough. If we had a crowd in it willing to sing and make some sort of atmosphere I wouldn't mind it i'd say
Yes its not the greatest , but its only a soulless sh*thole because of the fans who sit in it.

Posted By: daveyc
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Yes its not the greatest , but its only a soulless sh*thole because of the fans who sit in it.

The atmosphere is the main issue and that's due mainly to the fans - this hopefully will improve in the nxt few games

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:56pm
No problems atmosphere wise at the rugby.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Wasn't always the case, may not be relevant this season, but this is Alan Quinlan from all the way back in 2013

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/why-were-the-crowd-still-eating-chips-when-the-chips-were-down-for-ireland-1.1251829" rel="nofollow - http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/why-were-the-crowd-still-eating-chips-when-the-chips-were-down-for-ireland-1.1251829

To be fair, there does generally seem to be a better atmosphere at rugby games there. I would guess our old friend the barstool culture has a fair bit to do with it though, I would imagine a high proportion of the rugby crowd go to Leinster/Munster/Connacht/Ulster games reasonably regularly, the majority of the fans in the stadium for our games probably don't. 

(No, I haven't conducted a poll on this, but if you think of say 6 of your mates, one of them might be an LOI fan, another might go to England a few times a season to support their team of choice, and that is probably about it). Not talking about the majority on here, who do go tro lives games of some sort, rather the majority of fans in a full aviva for an Ireland football match. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Yoco Santos
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 1:38am

Correct me if I am wrong but you can get gargle at the rugby and its possible to bring it to your seat?

Alcohol = Atmosphere.

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 7:29am

Much of the stuff said about the Aviva was said about Lansdowne Road when we moved from Dalymount Park.  We miss the Dalymount Roar etc. 

A winning team makes a huge difference.  The Aviva was rocking for both the France and England rugby Internationals. 

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:17am
Nothing wrong with the stadium, it's the fans that create an atmosphere. Has it been full once for a football match since it was built?

The reason the North Stand is low is because of the residents in Havelock Square. If you lived there you wouldn't want a 100 foot structure towering over your house. The old Lansdowne was more of a mismatch with its mock Tudor cottage in the corner and odd sized terraces.

Misplaced nostalgia.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:20am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Would we have been better building a new stadium on the outskirts of the city?
Personally like the way we are in the city 
YEah, in the city is far far better
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

It does look half finished though which is a shame.
I think it gives it an identity, very distinguished stadium now rather than the generic bowls of the world.

YEs there is, they have teh exact same problem.
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

A winning team makes a huge difference.  The Aviva was rocking for both the France and England rugby Internationals.
Agree with you about a winning team, but the France game was awful atmosphere, comparable to football friendlies.

Think it boils down to how everything looks better in retrospect. I'm sure there were awful atmosphere games in the old Landsdowne too. 

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:51am
Ireland football matches tend to be quite aimed towards families attending as opposed to having a few beers with friends and going to a match.

I have notice a huge difference between Leinster matches and Ireland rugby matches at LR. A Leinster match would be full of families whilst the Ireland games tend to be groups of friends with the odd family thrown in. There is a big difference between the two in terms of atmosphere.

It was highlighted after Scotland match that the attendees were largely groups of males out for a few drinks and a match.

I have always found for football matches at LR that the stewards are more visible and more authoritarian. It leads to quite a restrictive mood around the ground. At rugby games they act mainly as ushers and none of them give a rats that they can see your jacket is at the brim full of cans that you want to drink at the match. There are loads of people drinking cans at Ireland rugby games. If you got caught drinking a can at a football match you would be chucked out straight away.  And there is nobody from UEFA/FIFA scowering the stands to see if Johnny in row 25 is drinking a can. The stewards dont have to enforce it.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:04am
And the 'Smoking Stewards' FFS.

When I first saw one I approached and asked hin was he wearing it for a bet or charity or something.

Worse than a Traffic Warden IMO.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 2:37pm

the atmosphere at the rugby is rubbish. sure they play fake drums over the PA to get some atmosphere going. says it all really

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 2:52pm

I was in the west upper for France and west lower for England and thought the atmosphere was superb at both games.  It is different to football in that there isn't much singing however it was gripping stuff. 

Beat Poland and I reckon the Aviva will be rocking.  I don't think it is the stadium or the quality of the football it is a winning team we need.

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 5:59pm
Your Mans right I was almost ejected from the stadium during estonia home for refusing to give up a lidless 500ml coke bottle with a dash of vodka in it, over zealous wasn't the road, then followed by the usual jobs worthy I'm only doing my job speel. Pure anti craic

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 5:39pm
I see the Aviva got no “glamour" pre season games this year. #jdin

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: baresi41
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Kev, The pitch has been replaced. I'd love to know how  much funds were given by said organistion towards replacement??  

-------------
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Kev, The pitch has been replaced. I'd love to know how  much funds were given by said organistion towards replacement??  

Oh yes that's right.  It was one of MON's requests before he was sacked.  He wanted a giant air hockey surface instead of grass.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 1:59pm
LOL

Eau du Parfum Obsession by TJ

one smell of mon will last the ages

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:09pm
In the singing section and walking up to turnstile Q and R, about to put my arms out to get searched and the guy just waved us on through.
Then going into 114 the stewards didn't even check the tickets. A big difference to the last few years.
Considering the last game there was the tennis ball protest it was if they didn't care what was brought in this time. 

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

In the singing section and walking up to turnstile Q and R, about to put my arms out to get searched and the guy just waved us on through.
Then going into 114 the stewards didn't even check the tickets. A big difference to the last few years.
Considering the last game there was the tennis ball protest it was if they didn't care what was brought in this time. 

they've been broken LOL

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

they've been broken LOL
Hummm yer man said to me " what's that in your pocket "  said glasses so read . He just nodded and that was that .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:50pm
good atmosphere last week, i watched some of the egg chasing v wales and i could hear the players shouting at each other...

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

good atmosphere last week, i watched some of the egg chasing v wales and i could hear the players shouting at each other...
It's tragic how boring upper class ireland can be 

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hummm yer man said to me " what's that in your pocket "  said glasses so read . 

cant believe you didn't say "nothing in my pocket i'm just happy to see you " Murph 

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:41pm

LOL

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:51pm

Completely different context. The atmosphere at Ireland - Wales in the 6 Nations would be much better than say the atmosphere for tomorrow's game will be.

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Completely different context. The atmosphere at Ireland - Wales in the 6 Nations would be much better than say the atmosphere for tomorrow's game will be.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:20pm

Both friendlies though both carry as much Importance as eachother f**k all I'd Say. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Both friendlies though both carry as much Importance as eachother f**k all I'd Say. 

Well, one is in preparation for an impending World Cup.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

ya and it definately did carry a lot of importance. 

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 3:53pm

What world cup?

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 3:54pm
The announcer at Ireland games makes my ears bleed

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

What world cup?

One that starts in two weeks.

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:48pm

they've been broken LOL
Hummm yer man said to me " what's that in your pocket "  said glasses so read . He just nodded and that was that .
Just aswell it wasn’t newryrep with all that communion money still in his pocket

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

they've been broken LOL
Just aswell it wasn’t newryrep with all that communion money still in his pocket

NR told me he is Jewish Shocked

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:11pm

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

they've been broken LOL

NR told me he is Jewish Shocked
Only Jewish from the pockets down I heard LOL

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Like slugs in wet weather they all come out for the rugger.......where are they the rest of the time, must blend in well

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:31am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Like slugs in wet weather they all come out for the rugger.......where are they the rest of the time, must blend in well

the band wagon rocks up to any big event... look at all the irish who will trek to japan from asia, fair play to them its a great excuse to go to   japan... we had the same in 2002

-------------
Come on Irelind

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:04am
Well not sure how last night's rest run went for hosting games at euro2020, obviously set up with 2 checks on Lansdowne Road, the first being the ticket check as normal and then the security check which didn't happen as the crowds gathering were too large. It will be some operation for a potential England v Germany game in the last 16 come June. 

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:22am
Parked on Seafort Avenue last night and was in 116
Couldn't get back out that way after the match and was sent away round by Serpentine RoadAngry

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:36am
Why are they still playing that stupid f**king song after Ireland goals? It's horrible, it's false and it completely takes away from the moment. 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:13am
I dont think that tunnel area is safe under the railway.  Accident waiting to happen if you ask me

-------------

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:48pm
It was fairly chaotic getting back into 114 after h/t last night too. If they're going to insist on checking tickets then they need to manage it better. Another another layer of stewards stopping people pushing into the tunnel area into 114 before the check would help.
Or else the singalong/record themselves lads could do more singing during the match and take a breather at h/t. That might be a little harsh on them, but it is causing serious crowding issues at the entrance to 114. 

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I dont think that tunnel area is safe under the railway.  Accident waiting to happen if you ask me

In what way? Crowd crush? 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

In what way? Crowd crush? 

Yeah. Any sort of panic such as a banger going off could cause a crush in there.  It was very claustrophobic exiting the stadium last night.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
Concourse outside 114 is an issue at half time too, very claustrophobic for some id imagine. 

-------------

Posted By: ChesterCopperpot
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Why are they still playing that stupid f**king song after Ireland goals? It's horrible, it's false and it completely takes away from the moment. 

What song are they playing these days

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

What song are they playing these days
Russ Abbot-Atmosphere 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:53pm
To be fair to the FAI ( not a phrase you hear too often) I thought the 15mins pre match  prior to kick off was the best in a long while . (Though the music choice before that could of been a bit better)

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:17pm
There was some band or something playing at the side of the south/west stands from 19:00 to 19:30. The volume was way too loud on the stadiums PA system. I couldn't even hear what the person sat next to me was saying. Atmosphere picked up once they f**ked off. 

I'm not sure if I like being able to have a pint at my seat either. 

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

To be fair to the FAI ( not a phrase you hear too often) I thought the 15mins pre match  prior to kick off was the best in a long while . (Though the music choice before that could of been a bit better)

That Fields of Athenry was crap though

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:25pm
Last night was the first time I have seen a row at an Irish match before, upper of the east stand two young lads started boxing men behind them (don’t know how it started). The older men did not hit back as the lads only 15 or 16 years old. It settled down except for a bit of jawing for the young lads, then about 5 minutes later the security heard about it and put the young lads out.

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Last night was the first time I have seen a row at an Irish match before, upper of the east stand two young lads started boxing men behind them (don’t know how it started). The older men did not hit back as the lads only 15 or 16 years old. It settled down except for a bit of jawing for the young lads, then about 5 minutes later the security heard about it and put the young lads out.

FFS. Hate hearing this.

Posted By: forza trapp
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:53pm
Nipped out for a pee durning the second half and there where a few hundred guys drinking and watching the game on tv. 
Why the fk would you do that while the actual game is a few feet away 🙈
Bar should be closed, it’s a pain in the arse.

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

FFS. Hate hearing this.
There was a bit of nonsense in 114 just as the second half started between a couple of lads too. Nothing too bad, but not nice to see between home supporters. I'm not sure if it was related to the pushing and squeeze getting back in from the concourse area.

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:56pm
all the pyro last night Clap

Posted By: Patman Scoop
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

Nipped out for a pee durning the second half and there where a few hundred guys drinking and watching the game on tv. 
Why the fk would you do that while the actual game is a few feet away 🙈
Bar should be closed, it’s a pain in the arse.

Saw this myself ....bizarre Confused

-------------
Why no wine??!

Posted By: Lansdown Roar
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:04pm
Serious amount of sniffling going on in the jacks last night, disgrace if you can't go to a game without being at that too. Seemed to be a lot of aggressive w**kers in the stadium last night.

-------------
They've only gone and done it

Posted By: The Whisperer
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:09pm
The singing section made complete ****s of themselves last night by singing that song about eriksons wife.

Class less actions you would expect from English supporters . Granted a high stakes game but absolutley no need to stoop to that level . I was ashamed last night to hear such chanting. 

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by The Whisperer The Whisperer wrote:

The singing section made complete ****s of themselves last night by singing that song about eriksons wife.

Class less actions you would expect from English supporters . Granted a high stakes game but absolutley no need to stoop to that level . I was ashamed last night to hear such chanting. 

Disagree - it's clearly an untrue rumour and was a bit of craic.

Posted By: PhilBabbBonanza
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:12pm
There definitely seemed to be an uglier atmosphere than usual last night. Lots of beer being thrown and a bit of pushing & shoving as the Danish fans were walking past Slattery's. Wasn't great to see, lots of potential for a really ugly scene.

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Serious amount of sniffling going on in the jacks last night, disgrace if you can't go to a game without being at that too. Seemed to be a lot of aggressive w**kers in the stadium last night.

Was anyone selling ? asking for a mate

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:27pm

Best thing I've heard in the stadium in a long time. 

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:37pm

Sleepy

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:58pm

LOLLOLLOL
Someone’s never been to a LOI game 

Posted By: LUFC
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:03pm
Was in the North Stand beside the Danish fans and the steward told the missus to go to the wrong section 140 when we were 139 causing us embarrassment, Getting into the stadium was an absolute joke as we had 3 checks coming off Bath Avenue which was ridiculous. Started walking down Bath Avenue at 7.20 and didn't get in until just before kick off, really poor organisation. 2 idiots behind me and i actually overheard one of them asking his mate who is the Irish goalkeeper and what was his name, i couldn't actually believe what i was hearing and a lot of scrotes at the game, seems to be an element at all games and also the away trip in Georgia who just want to be seen and actually have little or no interest or know anything about the game itself. 

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:20pm

Somebody please, please think of the children.
By the way, he isn’t married.

-------------

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:23pm
  • Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think he is.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/christian-eriksen-shoots-down-wild-20388337" rel="nofollow - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/christian-eriksen-shoots-down-wild-20388337

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I think he is.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/christian-eriksen-shoots-down-wild-20388337" rel="nofollow - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/christian-eriksen-shoots-down-wild-20388337

He's not married though, She's only his long term girlfirend.

I think the one thing which let us down last night was the lads throwing stuff at Schmeichel, Yes he was being a bit of a bollix but throwing stuff onto the pitch towards an opposition is out of order and could have ramifications for us if the Ref noted it.  

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:27pm
I don’t really care either way, but Google tells me he lives with his long-term girlfriend. 

-------------

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I think he is.

He's not married though, She's only his long term girlfirend.

I think the one thing which let us down last night was the lads throwing stuff at Schmeichel, Yes he was being a bit of a bollix but throwing stuff onto the pitch towards an opposition is out of order and could have ramifications for us if the Ref noted it.  

Never understand lads throwing stuff. Especially at that moment. Even putting aside any moral objections to it, what's the logic? I'm sure Schmeichel was delighted at it as it gave him an opportunity to time waste. Surprised the referee just told him to get on with it.

As for the chants at Eriksen, much worse is said at every Premier Division game every week. Harmless stuff

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:58pm
Throwing beer seems to have become a norm at our games this campaign. Bizarre carry on.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Throwing beer seems to have become a norm at our games this campaign. Bizarre carry on.
I presume it’s Carlsberg, making it  the natural response.

-------------

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I presume it’s Carlsberg, making it  the natural response.

A terrible beer, that should be encouraged to be thrown away in fairness

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 6:19pm

It is at away games anyway, when we concede and score.

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 6:22pm
does anyone know the logic for closing the DART station as a trial for the Euro games? Can’t get my head around why it would be different to any other sell out game.

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

does anyone know the logic for closing the DART station as a trial for the Euro games? Can’t get my head around why it would be different to any other sell out game.

To ease congestion.
They want to be able get the UEFA top brass brigade limousined in and out of the stadium quickly.

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

To ease congestion.
They want to be able get the UEFA top brass brigade limousined in and out of the stadium quickly.

Jaysus

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:50pm
Off-topic but seeing Wales celebrate qualification made me wish we had gone through yesterday even more

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

To ease congestion.
Pretty sure I read that UEFA require a security cordon 500 metres away from the stadium and that Lansdowne Road station is too close to the stadium.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: kessler
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

There was a bit of nonsense in 114 just as the second half started between a couple of lads too. Nothing too bad, but not nice to see between home supporters. I'm not sure if it was related to the pushing and squeeze getting back in from the concourse area.

Had the guy beside us in 114 V come back 8 minutes into the second half with his beer and started getting aggro telling us to move over after a few minutes. We hadn't moved since before kick off and he was beside us in the first half. Politely said there's no space to move to and he started squaring up swearing about how he paid for that seat. He was looking for trouble but his friend seemed alright and calmed him down, all a bit unnecessary as he was in the same spot as before.  I was expecting him to chuck his bottle at some stage but thankfully not,  although it's a shame there were a few others who couldn't resist. No need for throwing things towards the pitch. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:02am
Anyone caught throwing that bottle of beer should be banned from the stadium

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:05am

No, they should be punished.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:25am

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:53am

LOL

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net