Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=40636
Printed Date: 17 May 2024 at 7:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Trap's School Mitchers Watch
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Trap's School Mitchers Watch
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 11:31pm
So who has been mitching off Irish duty this week?
Did the withdrawals from the Serbia squad play this weekend?

Wilson, Pilkington, Houlahan et al?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 11:57pm
All need a second third chance don't have enough players to cut them out.

Posted By: bossofthemoss
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:01am
They all played!

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by bossofthemoss bossofthemoss wrote:

They all played!
Sshhh! trap mightn't have noticed! Wink

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:10am
Can't really blame Pilkington or Hoolahan both were called up a day or 2 before they were due to go to Serbia and both came off in their last pre-season matches injured. Hoolahan only came on around the 75th minute mark today as well.

Finding it hard to make an excuse up for Wilson though and would imagine that is the last time he will be called up by trap unfortunately.

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:11am
Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Can't really blame Pilkington or Hoolahan both were called up a day or 2 before they were due to go to Serbia and both came off in their last pre-season matches injured. Hoolahan only came on around the 75th minute mark today as well.

Finding it hard to make an excuse up for Wilson though and would imagine that is the last time he will be called up by trap unfortunately.

His parents will have to be called.

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:16am
It's disappointing to see these guys playing today given that not even 1 of them made the trip to Serbia. If Ireland were playing Germany in a WC Qualifer Wednesday night and all 3 had a chance of game time , i reckon they'd all have been there.

Can't fault Trap for picking Keogh , Green and McShane as those lad's would go to Fiji tomorrow for a friendly if asked. 

What is the deal with Pilks? Is he a 100% commited to Ireland or whats the story?

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:21am
If you were Ireland manager would you pick a guy who doesn't bother his arse attending or the guy who is enthusiastic and committed. Green and McShane arent very good but f**k it they show up and give their all. Footballers are self indulgent greedy pricks these days who have no loyalty or pride in their country or club.

-------------

Posted By: Real Irlanda
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:27am
u fogot bout doyle, long n ward....dirty little pups for withdrawing, i think they should be frozen out too, no commitment like

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Real Irlanda Real Irlanda wrote:

u fogot bout doyle, long n ward....dirty little pups for withdrawing, i think they should be frozen out too, no commitment like

Long travelled. Ward and Doyle are first time offenders. Detention for them. Wilson is going to be expelled for repeatedly mitching and forging notes off his parents.

-------------

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Long travelled. Ward and Doyle are first time offenders. Detention for them. Wilson is going to be expelled for repeatedly mitching and forging notes off his parents.
Ward travelled to Dublin, was examined by the medical staff, and was sent back to Wolves

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: Real Irlanda
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:43am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Ward travelled to Dublin, was examined by the medical staff, and was sent back to Wolves

i was only messing, fact is friendlies at his time of year only seem to cause more problems than solutions...Personally i think a few guys are grassed off with Trap, but it still doesnt mean they shud pull-out

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:50am
The problem is the likes of Wilson , McCarthy, possibly Hoolahan may need to come into the first team in Kazakhstan and Germany. We needed to test out Wilson. Now there is no way Trap will put him into that game straight away.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:56am

The problem is the likes of Wilson , McCarthy, possibly Hoolahan may need to come into the first team in Kazakhstan and Germany. We needed to test out Wilson. Now there is no way Trap will put him into that game straight away.

Fully agree with you there.

Even though we all know how stubborn Trap is no-one can deny he isn't loyal to players who show loyalty back to him. So you would think the likes of Wilson would burst their bollox to make amends for past withdrawls.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 8:28am
Wilsons report card doesn't read "must try harder" it reads "must turn the fcuk up" he's done and it's no ones fault but his own

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: irelandshirts
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 9:55am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Wilsons report card doesn't read "must try harder" it reads "must turn the fcuk up" he's done and it's no ones fault but his own

Could not agree more.you would hope he would move heaven and earth to pull on that shirt.maybe he just wanted the phrase Ireland international to add a few 0000 to his club contracts.i could be doing him wrong with that comment but Dunne,duff,kilbane,given never phone in sick that much.i guess like anything in life that you care about its all down to dedication.and I think he just does not want to play for Ireland badly enough.

-------------
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Posted By: kessler
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:41pm
Hoolahan's withdrawal was on the basis that he was resting a nagging achilles injury. It's fair enough to play 15 minutes 3 days later. Hard to comment on the rest. Wilson's history may not do him any favours with Trap. However, it is a bit of a misconception that if you're not fit on Wednesday, you can't be fit on Saturday.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:49pm
Does Marc Wilson actually exist?  I wouldn't recognise him if he was sitting beside me right now.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 12:44am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Does Marc Wilson actually exist?  I wouldn't recognise him if he was sitting beside me right now.

I used to think the same thing about Anthony Stokes when he was playing underage for Arsenal, there was always some updates and disproportionate coverage of how he was getting on, at one stage I became convinced the media made him upLOL

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 1:08am
Whether people think Stokes is good enough or not , if the likes of Keogh are getting called up i should see no reason why Stokes shouldn't if some posters are still looking for Wilson to be given yet another chance! How many squads has he pulled out now 3 , 4 , 5?

-------------

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 8:05am
I read an article re Marc Wilson before the Euros. He said the right things and had me believe he was commited to the green. Cant believe he went on the lang again!

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:11am

I believe Gibson has recovered from his injury in time for tonight's Man Utd fixture

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:22am
Wilson must have done that 4 times now. Only another 20 to go to beat x captain Roy Keane's record

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Wilson must have done that 4 times now. Only another 20 to go to beat x captain Roy Keane's record

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:52am

I am getting very pissed off with Wilson. Ok timing of the friendly was not great but he must know that if he plays LB and does well in a friendly then he will be promoted to the first XI for the qualifiers. So the question is does he want to play for us or not? He says he does but he is not showing any sort of committment at all. It's no wonder Trap goes with the likes of Ward, Keogh and McShane!

Posted By: da scientist
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 12:00pm
i just gave him a bit of abuse on twitter, f**ker never replied Big smile

-------------
The main thing is not to panic

Posted By: Godot
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 12:05pm
I just don't care anymore, some players are just such a significant upgrade on what we have, a blind eye needs to be turned.

The fact of the matter is Marc Wilson is a much better defender than Stephen Ward and we stand a better chance of qualifying with him playing.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

thats a great help , thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

thats a great help , thanks

anything for the cause 

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Godot Godot wrote:

I just don't care anymore, some players are just such a significant upgrade on what we have, a blind eye needs to be turned.

The fact of the matter is Marc Wilson is a much better defender than Stephen Ward and we stand a better chance of qualifying with him playing.

Yes but we need to look at players in friendlies before we can judge if they know how to play our system and can be trusted in qualifiers. At this stage his next chance will be Oman if he shows up

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Godot Godot wrote:

Yes but we need to look at players in friendlies before we can judge if they know how to play our system and can be trusted in qualifiers. At this stage his next chance will be Oman if he shows up

Ken Oman can't play left back.......he can just about play centre half. Wink

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: MacMathuna
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 2:49pm
sky sports says gibsons a boubt with thigh injury.
 have to say fare play to mcgeady for making these friendlies from russia no excuse for lads nt making it frm PL

-------------
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 2:52pm
think we shoud keep this thread running now until xmas and see what turns up , jury massively out on wilson anyway , dont think stokes will ever kick a ball for trap either

-------------

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by MacMathuna MacMathuna wrote:

have to say fare play to mcgeady for making these friendlies from russia no excuse for lads nt making it frm PL

agree completely.  O'Dea played for us in Belgrade Tuesday night and then lined out in the MLS over the weekend.  Massive respect for lads like that.  

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

agree completely.  O'Dea played for us in Belgrade Tuesday night and then lined out in the MLS over the weekend.  Massive respect for lads like that.  

+1

Look if a player is injured fair enough i wouldn't expect him to travel to Serbia , but a flight to Dublin to get checked by the FAI medical team is hardly a big deal? I think it's great to see some of our injured player's who in the past have made an effort to attend friendlies in Dublin , just to be around the squad and show they care! 

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 7:10pm
Gibson starting for Everton

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 7:18pm
Going by what Trap said to the Sundays last Thurs I think he accepted Gibson'd excuse - was saying that he's going to choose  whether McC or Gibson should partner Whelan after he watches more videos of Kazakhstan.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 7:21pm
Doesn't Suprise me that he starts tonight. He's another serial offender.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

+1

Look if a player is injured fair enough i wouldn't expect him to travel to Serbia , but a flight to Dublin to get checked by the FAI medical team is hardly a big deal? I think it's great to see some of our injured player's who in the past have made an effort to attend friendlies in Dublin , just to be around the squad and show they care! 

Ya fly over in the morning get assessed by the medical team and then fly back in the evening if the medical declare you unfit. Sure if they were injured or sick of whatever they wouldn't be training with the club so therefore wouldn't be missing much. Wilson was in the press before the Euros saying how he would love to get back in the squad, has always wanted to play with Ireland etc etc and then when he gets back in he pulls out only to play a full 90 for his club a couple of days later

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Going by what Trap said to the Sundays last Thurs I think he accepted Gibson'd excuse - was saying that he's going to choose  whether McC or Gibson should partner Whelan after he watches more videos of Kazakhstan.
why bother watching the oppostion he never cahnges the tactics to counter the opposition, back to the same old 4-4-2.

Id say gibson is one of manyplayers  disillusioned by trap

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 8:13pm
Citizen your getting more boring than trapsnoclue with the same moaning posts non stop.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 8:23pm
I don't think gibby gives a sh*t what trap thinks and why should he, trap shafted him in Poland. If it wasn't for the fact he loves playing for Ireland he is definitely one that would have walked away. I can only imagine what he was thinking when green got the call against Spain.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 8:56pm
People on here quick to kick players when they don't show.....but as post above says players like Gibson...Foley..long...Westwood should all be hailed showing up all the time only to be over looked for lesser or injured players by our mad manager....makes me laugh about comment about trap watching footage of opposition....what does it matter he never changes tactics or players.

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Citizen your getting more boring than trapsnoclue with the same moaning posts non stop.

To be fair, trap has played 442 in every match bar three since he took over. He never adapts to counter the opposition. 

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:09pm

Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

To be fair, trap has played 442 in every match bar three since he took over. He never adapts to counter the opposition. 
Italy away, brought on Folan to give their back line something else to think about.

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

People on here quick to kick players when they don't show.....but as post above says players like Gibson...Foley..long...Westwood should all be hailed showing up all the time only to be over looked for lesser or injured players by our mad manager....makes me laugh about comment about trap watching footage of opposition....what does it matter he never changes tactics or players.

More nonsense.
He has brought though lots of players.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:45pm
He is very slow to change players that why everyone for the last few years can pick the team before he even names it.
You really are f**king hard work

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:48pm
[QUOTE=rainpaulo]He is very slow to change players that why everyone for the last few years can pick the team before he even names it.
You really are f**king hard work[/QUOTE]

LOL

Too many people talking absolute rubbish.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:49pm

Italy away, brought on Folan to give their back line something else to think about.

Jasus.... You forgot to mention how he broufht on Cox against Croatia to give them something else to think about

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

LOL

Coming from the man who openly slates players just because he doesn't like them , you couldn't make this stuff up! 

You were more or less the only poster who said Green was poor the other day , why because you don't like him. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:07pm

Come on, one swallow does not make a summer etc....The point still stands that Trap is very hesitant to move away his 442 mindset. 

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:11pm

Come on, one swallow does not make a summer etc....The point still stands that Trap is very hesitant to move away his 442 mindset. 

Of course he is very reluctant to change a formation that works. 

One can argue about what happened in Poland but that's been done to death.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:16pm
It works alright in the most part, but against the likes of Russia we were very exposed, he should have learned after the first match.  I hope he doesn't try 442 against the Germans. Im not calling for radical changes, but tweaking of the system when needed. 

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:22pm
I agree with what your saying.

I also agree with Trap in some respect that he goes back to 4-4-2 against Kazakhstan because 3 points are the most important thing.

However I am also thinking that we should be able to go to Kazakhstan and get 3 with a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 formation and still pick up 3 points. 

But changes in formation are required for when we play against opponents of a higher calibre.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:29pm
If we dont get  3 Points in Kaz playing any SystemAngry Then our Resident Geriatrician should Resign Gracefully. The Italian Way" Gimme the Money"Tongue

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:36pm

Confused

All you do is moan about other people moaning. Citizen is spot on in what he says.

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:41pm
Lads Attack the Post, Not the Poster, We are all on the Same Side HereThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

why bother watching the oppostion he never cahnges the tactics to counter the opposition, back to the same old 4-4-2.

Id say gibson is one of manyplayers  disillusioned by trap

spot on ClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 1:01am
Trap says Borat was a blast. Funniest film he has seen. He is keen to see other videos kazakhstan has to offer.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 1:13am

away to Macedonia, their right full was pushing up and causing all kinds of trouble in the first half. He sent in the cross that led to the penalty. Second half, Stephen Hunt was playing at least ten yards further forward than in the first, forcing the full back to stay back and not leave space for Hunt to run into

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 11:39am
lads lets get back on topic here,

gibson and wilson the two main mitchers so far
did hoolihan and pilkington both play ?

-------------

Posted By: uibhfhaile
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 11:43am
Loved mitching school, maybe they feel training with trap is too much like schoolTongue

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 1:07pm

lads lets get back on topic here,

gibson and wilson the two main mitchers so far
did hoolihan and pilkington both play ?

Pilkington played the full 90 with Hoolohan coming off the bench for the last 15 minutes

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 1:23pm
ok then hoolohan is going to avoid beng tagged a mitcher, i think we can probably put pilkington in the bad books though...

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net