Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=39970
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 3:20pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Trap's squad v Serbia
Posted By: ProfesserGreenPaul
Subject: Trap's squad v Serbia
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:11pm
I think the squad Trap picks will be crutial for us to do well if we are to qualify for 2014, I hope he has the balls to add at least 4-5 new faces to the squad for Serbia match, cos if he doesnt we will have the same squad that didnt do well at Euro's. It will be criminal if he didn't pick Wilson, Clark, McCarthy, Coleman and imo Alex Pearce from Reading, he is good solid centre back, will be playing in Prem and we are short of centre backs if Dunner and Sledge got injured.

If I was a betting man I would say there would be only 1 suprise maybe be a Robert Brady getting a call up he seems to have mentioned him a few times, not a chance Hoolahan will make it. I hope Wilson makes it but I cannot see Trap ever picking him again.

I hope to see Coleman, Pearce, Wilson, Clark, McCarthy in squad but most likely it will be the same tried and trused and most likely the same team.

Also does anybody know when he is announcing the squad?

-------------
Trapnoclue wants to marry Paul Green

Replies:
Posted By: jackshat
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:15pm
TRAPNOCLUE in 5, 4, 3....

-------------
It's Jack Shat

Posted By: trapnoclue
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:18pm
here i amWink lads we all know the lazy sod will name the 23  that went to poland plus kevin foley, cos they deserve go ser bi a and men tal ity

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:40pm
Kevin Foley will never play for Ireland again under Trap and rightly so, was treated like muck by Trap, we need centre backs so hopefully Pearce if not maybe Shane Duffy needs to be picked, we need to get lads more minutes on pitch, our best 5 up and coming players, Wilson, Clark, McClean, McCarthy, Coleman have 8 minutes of competitive international football between them for usCry

I have no problem with Trap being in charge as long as we are looking to blood new players, this squad will be huge as a lot of fans are getting fed up with same squad over and over if he doesn't make changes to squad for Serbia it means no new players will make squad for next 2 years so then I can see a few young lads who could be good for us like Sean Murray, Joe Mason, Anthony Pilkington who are in 2 minds turning there back on us and we could end up in next few years losing good players due to a stubborn manager, this squad will be crutial imo ,

-------------

Posted By: domo
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by ProfesserGreenPaul ProfesserGreenPaul wrote:

Kevin Foley will never play for Ireland again under Trap and rightly so, was treated like muck by Trap, we need centre backs so hopefully Pearce if not maybe Shane Duffy needs to be picked, we need to get lads more minutes on pitch, our best 5 up and coming players, Wilson, Clark, McClean, McCarthy, Coleman have 8 minutes of competitive international football between them for usCry

I have no problem with Trap being in charge as long as we are looking to blood new players, this squad will be huge as a lot of fans are getting fed up with same squad over and over if he doesn't make changes to squad for Serbia it means no new players will make squad for next 2 years so then I can see a few young lads who could be good for us like Sean Murray, Joe Mason, Anthony Pilkington who are in 2 minds turning there back on us and we could end up in next few years losing good players due to a stubborn manager, this squad will be crutial imo ,
Well saidClap

-------------
Shake and Bake

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

here i amWink lads we all know the lazy sod will name the 23  that went to poland plus kevin foley, cos they deserve go ser bi a and men tal ity

Guarantee it'll be about a 29 man squad and it'll tell us what we know - that there will be little change. Then there'll be a rake of withdrawals and it'll be up to the lads that do play to stake their claim.

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:50pm
I have a feeling there won't be many new faces from the Euro squad,maybe Coleman and McCarthy will come in.But the new players being called up won't matter a bit if he doesn't actually use them properly,that's the worry I have.I spose the real test will be the first qualifier,it's all well and good making changes for a friendly,when it matters he needs to be doing something new

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:53pm
i agree kerrzy im expecting mass withdrawls in nxt campaign by our better players who are pissed off with trap, and who will be left? mcshane, ward, green and whelan mark my words!!!!all will play in campaign in front of about 700 fans in the aviva!

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:55pm
Thinking about it there isn't a lot of players he can drop.

Henderson could be called in for Forde but very doubtful..

Realistically at the back the only 2 that possibly could be dropped are McShane and O Dea.

Hunt and Green are the only midfielders. Nobody up front are under threat (and rightly so).

If I was putting money on it Hunt may be finished and if fahey and McC are fit he'll have no business picking Green.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:40am
See how retirements go. Imagine he will call the 23 from Poland that are available then perhaps McCarthy, Wilson, Clark. But this in my opinion is a bit lazy. He needs to look at players he has never looked at as well. I would rather our senior players took a rest for this one and we also cal in players like McCann, Brady, Sean Murray.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:50am
lads straight away mcshane, ward, green, whelan, hunt, should be dropped and robbie told to stay in mickey mouse land. no need  for given or dunne to come to this one either, call up coleman, mccarthy, wilson, clark, brady, holohan and ireland, this is the least we deserve ffs!!! but he wont do a jot the lazy dinasour, the aviva should be renamed jurassic park!!!

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:51am
duffy and fahy as well.

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:51am
I expect a few new faces, would like to see Fahey back in, Clark, Coleman, McCarthy, Wilson and McClean hopefully.

Still have not lost all faith in Trap Thumbs Up

Edit: And Stephen Ireland once he apologises.

Posted By: HowLongShaneLong
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 1:24am
I really think McCarthy should play this game. This is step 1 in a long 2 years. We need to come up with an alternative at left back, maybe Greg Cunningham. Would love to see Long and Walters start together. Give McClean a run from the off and try a new fresh centre midfield.

-------------
John Delaney Bag of cans

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:05am
not a hope of change. there may be 1/2 new players in squad but starting team will be close to Euro starting line up.

not holding hope of change

Posted By: Ar_do_rothar
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:17am
Will Keane and Given be considered here?
I'm with the rest of ye: we need to see some new faces here and slightly less hoofball on the park. There's just no future continuing down the route we've been on so far.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:53am
I think the squad will be pretty much the same. I'd be more concerned about his starting 11 though.
As this will give us an indication of how he will play against Kazakhstan.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:22am
Same team that started against Croatia..............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Same team that started against Croatia..............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well us fans have to act if he fields the same old team again.......we done it to shaft Stan we can do it again

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:51am
Why are some people expecting drastic change? Have you all been asleep or too busy moaning for the past few years? Astonishing really. 

As I said elsewhere, maybe one or two changes of peripheral faces getting gametime and maybe a return of a prodigal. That's all I expect, but... yis may get some carrots thrown at ye, as there will likely be the usual slew of withdrawals, given the timing of this friendly.  

You'd better wish that it's not any of the fans great white hopes that choose not to bother turning up...

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:02pm

spot on

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Catman
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

spot on

-------------

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:39pm
My fear with trap is, that even if he does bring in mccarthy and co, he will not utilise them properly. 

He would be way too afraid to play McCarthy in his natural centre midfield position, so he would drop one of the strikers and put him in as a second striker, where he wouldn't see any of the ball anyway because all we do it hit it long!

We might see Mr Ireland back for this one, but I would still agree with the lads about Trap. I think he will just look at a squad sheet from back in March and pick the same!

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: Hale
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:43pm
First of all...there should be no Keith Andrews since he is suspended for the Kazakhstan match. If Trap picks him he is an Idiot. We need to try out a few new guys but I don't see much change.
I would like to see Mc clean mc carthy long and walters all starting.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 1:29pm
first of all somebody from the fai will have to ring trap and tell him we have a game in august, then he will find the list of names who turned up at his summer camp 4 years ago and he will name them saying they deserve go, and men tal ity.

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:46pm

first of all somebody from the fai will have to ring trap and tell him we have a game in august, then he will find the list of names who turned up at his summer camp 4 years ago and he will name them saying they deserve go, and men tal ity.

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:59pm

Kevin Foley will never play for Ireland again under Trap and rightly so, was treated like muck by Trap,

i dont think that is good enough from foley , i know he was treated badly but he shoudl come if he is called up

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:03pm
With like to see Duffy get a run

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Kevin Foley will never play for Ireland again under Trap and rightly so, was treated like muck by Trap,

i dont think that is good enough from foley , i know he was treated badly but he shoudl come if he is called up

I'm not sure Milla, I would always put nation first but he was treated abysmally by Trap. It was surely an embarrassment for the FAI, oh waitAngry

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:19pm
If the Worlds best fans vote with their feet surely someone in the FAI will get the message and change will come. It dos'nt matter if we win this silly game in August, what is important is that new young players are given a opportunity and I agree players like Dunne, Given and Andrews should not be included in the squad.
The fans want to see Brady, Cunningham and even Stephen Ireland the old guard did thier job, lets move on.   

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 5:06pm
Dunne, our best player in the qualifiers, andrews-our best player in the euro's and given- our most capped player and you want them out of not only the team but th squad?!

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Dunne, our best player in the qualifiers, andrews-our best player in the euro's and given- our most capped player and you want them out of not only the team but th squad?!

i think he means just for the friendly. i wouldnt leave them out of the squad but they shouldnt start

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 5:50pm
provisional squad i would like to see

Given,Westwood,Henderson,Forde (4)

Kelly, Dunne, SSL, JOS, Coleman, Wilson, Duffy, Clark, Cunningham (9)

McGeady, Duff, McClean, Fahey, Gibson, Andrews, McCarthy, Hoolahan, Whelan (9)

Long, Walters, Keane, Doyle, Best (5)

feel like thats a pretty solid 27 players to call up for a training camp/friendly

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

i think he means just for the friendly. i wouldnt leave them out of the squad but they shouldnt start

That would make more sense but still wouldn't drop them all together, bit of experience around the squad is essential, if the likes of Clark etc do get called up, no harm in having Dunne etc around. Can play a half each, playing Given might be no harm either, had a bad tournament no doubt but a good 45 mins in an Ireland shirt will get the confidence back up, no harm having two goalies ready to go. As for Andrews, don't personally think Gibson is ready to step up, can't see hom losing that slot in the next two years and if he does it'll be to Samir Carruthers.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 6:30pm
Why would you drop Dunne, even for a friendly. These radical changes proposed by people aren't practical. We'll be 4th seeds before we know it if some people get their way!

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:31pm
My provisional squad i would like to see but I have a better chance of winning lotto

Westwood,Henderson, Given, please god Westwood to start, he needs more games

Kelly, Dunne, Sledge, Duffy, Alex Pearce, Ward, Josh, Wilson, Clark,, 

Duff, McClean, Fahey, Gibson, Chris Mc Cann, McCarthy, Coleman

Walters, Long, Cox, Keane, Joe Mason

I hope he doesn't include Andrews cos he suspended, McGeady, Whelan, Ward, Doyle should be giving a rest just for this game to try concentrate on improving club form and let Trap pick a new formation and players otherwise this time in 2 years when Trap goes and Given, Dunne, Josh, Keane, Duff retire instead of looking for a whole new team we should start now to replace these legends as all will be gone by this time 2014, I hope he gives 4-5 lads a chance but I wouldnt hold by breath, he will prob even pick same team as always

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:19am
Lads there is no way that fahey will be fit for this.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What's the latest news on him? How long is he out for?

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 2:22pm
Andybody know what deal is with McCarthy? is his dad any better hope he makes Serbia squad.

Since squad is named on Friday I have €20 bet with my bro what squad will be I say it's a 26 man squad and be the following

Given, Westwood, Forde

Kelly, McShane, O'shea, Dunne, Sledge, O'Dea,, Clark, Ward, Duffy

Coleman, McGeady, Whelan, Green, Gibson, Duff, Andrews,Mc Clean, Hunt

Keane, Doyle, Cox, Long, Walters.  

I would love to see McCarthy, Wilson, Alex Pearce but wouldn't hold by breath, hopefully he springs a shock and goes with a Joey O'Brien, Hoolahan, Meyler to try something different but most likely be McShane, Green, Ward type muck and maybe Keogh, but I wouldn't be far wrong with that squad aboveCry

-------------

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

He hopes to be back for the first qualifier. Definitely out of Serbia game

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 3:23pm

Andybody know what deal is with McCarthy? is his dad any better hope he makes Serbia squad.

Since squad is named on Friday I have €20 bet with my bro what squad will be I say it's a 26 man squad and be the following

Given, Westwood, Forde

Kelly, McShane, O'shea, Dunne, Sledge, O'Dea,, Clark, Ward, Duffy

Coleman, McGeady, Whelan, Green, Gibson, Duff, Andrews,Mc Clean, Hunt

Keane, Doyle, Cox, Long, Walters.  

I would love to see McCarthy, Wilson, Alex Pearce but wouldn't hold by breath, hopefully he springs a shock and goes with a Joey O'Brien, Hoolahan, Meyler to try something different but most likely be McShane, Green, Ward type muck and maybe Keogh, but I wouldn't be far wrong with that squad aboveCry

McCarthy's a shoo in. I expect Foley, Wilson and Coleman to be back in and Hunt to be the only 1 dropped from Poland and maybe Green with there being 4 fit midfielders, although considering Andrews will be out of the following squad Green may retain his place.Shocked Maybe Duffy back as well.

About a 28 man squad.

At least it'll be a half interesting squad announcement even if its only to confirm if there will be retirements.

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 3:37pm
Haven't heard anything about retirements. 

Be surprised if Foley is called up. 

Hunt absolutely won't be dropped and neither should he be. 

James Mc's father is doing well, thank God. 

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

Haven't heard anything about retirements. 

Be surprised if Foley is called up. 

Hunt absolutely won't be dropped and neither should he be. 

James Mc's father is doing well, thank God. 

He undoubtedly didn't endear himself to Trap with his reaction at the Bosnia game. No game time in Poland said a lot. He could be the big loser. Going forward there's no point having 2 30+ wingers in the squad (Hunt's 31 in a couple of weeks) throughout this campaign. In fairness to him though the only winger I'd have ahead of him for 4th n the pecking order is Pilkington (who hasn't even declared).

Good to hear that about McCarthy.

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 3:52pm
I think the lads who worked non-stop and didn't get a minute on the pitch in Poland should be applauded. If it was England they would announce their retirements, a la Carrick and Green, etc. 

Hunt will absolutely be in that squad. We need everyone fit and raring to go. 

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 4:27pm
I wouldn't be surprised if Gibson was omitted, big problems between him and Trap from what I have heard

Posted By: ballymacB
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gibson was omitted, big problems between him and Trap from what I have heard

Heard frow where? What have you heard

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by ballymacB ballymacB wrote:

Heard frow where? What have you heard

+ 1

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Won't even make Kazak game

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 6:02pm
I heard from a mate of his who was over in Manchester with him lately. Gibson told him he had confronted Trap and asked him why he wasn't playing and that Trap had told him he wasn't fit enough and pinched him under the arm, there was an exchange of views. this was played out in front of other players.

Gibby is clear that trap doesn't fancy him and he sees the training methods as outdated.

Will be interesting to see if he is in or gets game time v serbia

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 7:08pm
hard to blame gibson if he packs it in till we get a proper manager who knows what planet he is on, unlike our present senile  oul bat

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 7:18pm

I heard from a mate of his who was over in Manchester with him lately. Gibson told him he had confronted Trap and asked him why he wasn't playing and that Trap had told him he wasn't fit enough and pinched him under the arm, there was an exchange of views. this was played out in front of other players.

Gibby is clear that trap doesn't fancy him and he sees the training methods as outdated.

Will be interesting to see if he is in or gets game time v serbia

I find that hard to believe.
Why would Gibson just tell some randomer on the street this LOL.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 7:25pm

hard to blame gibson if he packs it in till we get a proper manager who knows what planet he is on, unlike our present senile  oul bat

LOL 

Yeah because Trap has never won numerous Serie A titles along with a couple of European,UEFA and Italian Cup titles LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 7:27pm

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 7:41pm

This is a 26 man squad which I think would be a realistic one (well apart from Ireland).

GK: Given, Westwood, Forde
DF: Kelly, O'Shea, Clark, Wilson, Dunne, Sledge, Duffy, Cunningham, Ward
MF: McGeady, Duff, McClean, Coleman, Gibson, McCarthy, Ireland, Whelan, Andrews
FW: Keane, Doyle, Walters, Long, Cox

I also don't think it is the time to be making drastic changes to the starting XI with bringing in brand new players. I think it's more about using the more talented players who have been involved in the squad in the past but just not utilised correctly.
This squad should be more or less the squad to get us until the end of the year then maybe start introducing more youngsters into the squad in 2013. I really think we would benefit from a B international with a team that would include the likes of Brady, Sean Murray, Aidy White, Anthony Forde, Samir Carruthers etc 

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 8:06pm

Clap

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 8:43pm

I find that hard to believe.
Why would Gibson just tell some randomer on the street this LOL.

[/QUOTE]

Randomer???

Can you not read a post Horsebrain??

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 8:50pm
So how did this information become public knowledge?

It's bollocks as per most of the sh*te you read in the media these days. Journalists will write anything just to fill column inches.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:10pm
Read the 1st sentence of my post again

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

So how did this information become public knowledge?

It's bollocks as per most of the sh*te you read in the media these days. Journalists will write anything just to fill column inches.

Yeah Horsebrain

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:17pm

It's still bollocks - he will be in the squad as per usual.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:28pm

It's still bollocks - he will be in the squad as per usual.

I'm pretty sure it's not bollocks or else I wouldn't have posted it, I was told a similiar story in Sopot by a few fellas I met from limavady but disregarded it as didn know them. This is from a good source with no reason or benefit in lying.

I hope he is in the squad, we can do without another Andy Reid/Marc Wilson affair

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:36pm

Insert player name told him he had confronted Trap and asked him why he wasn't playing and that Trap had told him insert reason here , there was an exchange of views. this was played out in front of other players. 

I would say a lot of players would have had words or arguments with Trap about not playing.
The reality is that if given a chance they have to take it.

I would be fairly confident of Gibson being in the squad for Serbia and possibly getting some game time.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 10:12pm
I doubt that any will have done it so publicly in front of the other players. The players have been very quiet post-tournament. I think this is because they fear being banished by Trap should they speak out in any way

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 4:04am
over the nxt campaign we will lose doyle,long,gibson,mccarthy,mcclean, just wait and see lads.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 8:39am

Hard to blame me hole , anyone who packs in playing for their country when they are at the peak of their powers is a t**ser

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 9:11am

our present senile  oul bat

Do you have a problem with 73-year old people?

Did a 73-year old once rob your lunch money?
Did a 73-year old once make you redundant?
Did a 73-year old once ruin your pint?
Did a 73-year old once beat you up?
Is 73 your unlucky number?

Or have you moved on from hating 72-year old senile oul bats last year?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 9:59am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

our present senile  oul bat

Do you have a problem with 73-year old people?

Did a 73-year old once rob your lunch money?
Did a 73-year old once make you redundant?
Did a 73-year old once ruin your pint?
Did a 73-year old once beat you up?
Is 73 your unlucky number?

Or have you moved on from hating 72-year old senile oul bats last year?

The problem is our manager is a 73 year old has-been.....he has been highly successful no doubt but now he is just like a lost child he is clueless....he cannot not adapt.....he doesn't know how to bring this team forward....and most important he is tired and lazy....watching match of day instead of looking at players is a disgrace.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 12:01pm

wouldnt blame any player from walking away from this joke of a set up,who in the right mind would be happy goin out to play alongside green, whelan and mcshane, there are better players up and down the country in their local leagues every sunday morn.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 12:15pm
Green and McShane hardly ever play your talking sh*te yet again.
Both players were called in due to injuries to other players.

You have yet to make a single valid point on this forum.
Everything you say is incorrect or has no logic to it.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 12:49pm
Just change the Thread name to  TRAPNOCLUE TALKS sh*tE

Then start a new one with Traps squad v Serbia part 2

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:31pm
i was proved right in the past and will be right again, we aint going anywhere with this lazy arrogant has been of a prick of a manager!he is passed it he belongs in the 70s.players are not happy,iv heard it from the horses mouth.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:38pm
Some of the Trap lovers on this forum are embarrassing....with their In Trap we Trust....and We are lucky to have him.....they need to get real he will cost us qualification to the WC and cost us the previlage of seeing the
Iikes of Hoolahan....Stevie Ireland...and keep playing the likes of Keane and co keeping Long and McCarthy and the likes on the bench if there lucky.
      This Joker doesn't care about Ireland he cares about his big salary and that's it the Euros proved that by the way he conducted himself......disgrace.

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:48pm
I'm thinking of not bothering everc posting on here again unless the constant spamming of every thread by these 2 arrogant fools is stopped. There is no debate on here just constant abuse of the team and managment by 3 poster in particular who I seriously doubt even bother supporting the team.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I'm thinking of not bothering everc posting on here again unless the constant spamming of every thread by these 2 arrogant fools is stopped. There is no debate on here just constant abuse of the team and managment by 3 poster in particular who I seriously doubt even bother supporting the team.

In fairness to rainpaulo, I think he believes what he's posting and he isn't actually the worst. I mean, I'm fairly sure he is serious and trying to have a proper discussion. Trapnoclue is a total bore though who only does it to wum.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:02pm

gave up on this section bar the away travel threads and the young player threads a long time ago

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:12pm

I agree 100%.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:15pm
i agree also gufc i hope you do give up posting, your as boring as f**k, join the priesthood.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:36pm

i agree also gufc i hope you do give up posting, your as boring as f**k, join the priesthood.

Personal abuse. Should be banned Mods...

I can't think of anything more boring than repeating over and over again the same points you've been making for the last 2 yearsEmbarrassed

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:38pm
Trapnoclue is obviously a 15 yo who lives his life in his bedroom pulling himself asunder.

Is there an ignore button on this website?

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:42pm
I think the likes of Trapnoclue are just passionate....people are upset with what is going on with the team and know we can do much better......people think Trspnoclue is a wind up but I think he feels that the people trying to justify his nutty tactics are wind up merchants so it just all parties trying to get across their points as best they can.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:51pm
Just dont engage with him lads, I simply ignore his comments. And it's not that some of his posts do not make valid points it is the repetition and abuse of the same players that is the problem.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:17pm
why do i get called a wum, is lads agreeing with whelan and green been in the team not seen as wum comments?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

I think the likes of Trapnoclue are just passionate....people are upset with what is going on with the team and know we can do much better......people think Trspnoclue is a wind up but I think he feels that the people trying to justify his nutty tactics are wind up merchants so it just all parties trying to get across their points as best they can.

LOL 

Is he fcuk I willing to bet he's never been to an Ireland game 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:29pm

i was proved right in the past and will be right again, we aint going anywhere with this lazy arrogant has been of a prick of a manager!he is passed it he belongs in the 70s.players are not happy,iv heard it from the horses mouth.

LOL 

That's strange becaue I could have sworn we were just in our first Euro's for 24 years  and our first tournamnent in 10 years granted our performance weren't that great.

I must get on to JD in the moring and get him to appoint Trapnoclue because under his stewardship we'd surely win every game in our WCQ group that includes Germany and Sweden 4 or 5 nil

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:33pm
i gaurentee id pick a better squad and team, then again that wouldnt be hard.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Some of the Trap lovers on this forum are embarrassing....with their In Trap we Trust....and We are lucky to have him.....they need to get real he will cost us qualification to the WC and cost us the previlage of seeing the
Iikes of Hoolahan....Stevie Ireland...and keep playing the likes of Keane and co.

5 years on, and some among us think the granny-gate knacker should be picked ahead of our greatest ever goalscorer?

Will some people get a grip?

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 10:10pm

Thankfully you'll never be in a position to pick a team representing my country!

You say Trap is in it for the money and he doesn't care about the team , your comments on here are nothing short of a disgrace for an "Ireland supporter" , i wonder what your motives would be if you were in charge of the Irish football team. Actually i wouldn't want to know tbh.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Thankfully you'll never be in a position to pick a team representing my country!

You say Trap is in it for the money and he doesn't care about the team , your comments on here are nothing short of a disgrace for an "Ireland supporter" , i wonder what your motives would be if you were in charge of the Irish football team. Actually i wouldn't want to know tbh.

He'd have a 6 man midfield for starters bases on his posts:

McGeady,McCarthy,McClean,Ireland,Holohan and Duff

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 10:20pm
Coleman as captain

What a loser

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 11:52pm

why do i get called a wum, is lads agreeing with whelan and green been in the team not seen as wum comments?

This was a funny post in fairness to you.

Just ease off the repetitive posts will ya, we've been asking for ages.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 5:07am

Coleman as captain

What a loser

That's being kind to him!!!!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: trapforpresident
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 2:46pm
Sunday times reported squad  will be announed on friday next.
Would hope Mccarthy, Hoolohan,Clark, Duffy,Coleman and Wilson added to euro squad.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 2:59pm

In fairness they make some valid points, like if we don't change things then we are not going to qualify and we run the risk of finishing in 4th in my opinion.

I am grateful for the Trap and the squad for getting us to the Euro's but we were blessed with luck. Slovakia turned out to be one of the worst second seeds and even Russia as top seeds dropped points against us at home and Armenia away for example. The 4th seeds were poor last time out, this time it'll be an up and coming Austria side. We have a very tough group

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

In fairness they make some valid points, like if we don't change things then we are not going to qualify and we run the risk of finishing in 4th in my opinion.

I am grateful for the Trap and the squad for getting us to the Euro's but we were blessed with luck. Slovakia turned out to be one of the worst second seeds and even Russia as top seeds dropped points against us at home and Armenia away for example. The 4th seeds were poor last time out, this time it'll be an up and coming Austria side. We have a very tough group

No they don't make any points.
They make childish remarks about the current players.

One day it's Green, the next day it's McShane, and Ward the next.
They have never once made a valid point about any player or manager. It's just childish rubbish.
Reading the ROI section these days is a joke because both of them have hijacked every thread.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 3:11pm

I really hope this is not the case Slaz  although i wouldn't be surprised if he named it.

It would just show how stubborn he really is. I heard liam Brady saying he was a stubborn man but not

unapproachable, Problem is nobody will approach him on his squad selection.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

I really hope this is not the case Slaz  although i wouldn't be surprised if he named it.

It would just show how stubborn he really is. I heard liam Brady saying he was a stubborn man but not

unapproachable, Problem is nobody will approach him on his squad selection.

Why wouldn't they? And do you think if Wilson or Long etc. approached him that they'd be catapulted into the starting 11

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 3:38pm
Not talking about the players Kerrzy, If a player undermines him they won't be picked simple as that.

Posted By: Trapcandoit
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 3:46pm
 I wonder if Barry Maguire (VVV Venlow) might get a look into this squad?  Really curious to see him play.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

Not talking about the players Kerrzy, If a player undermines him they won't be picked simple as that.

If you're referring to the FAI - they should have no say in team selection. I'd be pretty sure that during his tenure plenty of players have approached him regarding team selection - if they haven't then there is a lack of ambition amongst the players and am sure Trap expects it.

Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

I wonder if Barry Maguire (VVV Venlow) might get a look into this squad?  Really curious to see him play.

ConfusedLOL 

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I am grateful for the Trap and the squad for getting us to the Euro's but we were blessed with luck.

We won 7, and drew 4 of our 12 games, scoring 20 goals with a goal difference of +12. We earned our spot in the finals as much as anyone else did.

It's not like we needed a deflection and a handball to make the third biggest sports event in the world. That would be lucky.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net