Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=37369
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:17pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New song 'All Is Possible"
Posted By: kimbap
Subject: New song 'All Is Possible"
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 1:44pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMz1uD6yDSY&context=C43b3710ADvjVQa1PpcFMHZY1bxwFCLJBnZ5ipXW7mdeAeyShsCgY=

Lads,
I think this is the best one yet.I know they're are lads who reckon we should have a completely new Irish tune and I'd agree with a lot of the sentiment but this is an Irish slant on a big football song.I think it's class,the video is unreal.Reminds me of put Em Under Pressure.Can you imagine this on the big screen in Poland a few hours before the games?! Really think this is one to get the crowd going!Clap

Replies:
Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:13pm
Any chance you could stick up a proper link Thumbs Up

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: NewrycityonTour
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:14pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMz1uD6yDSY&context=C43b3710ADvjVQa1PpcFMHZY1bxwFCLJBnZ5ipXW7mdeAeyShsCgY=" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMz1uD6yDSY&context=C43b3710ADvjVQa1PpcFMHZY1bxwFCLJBnZ5ipXW7mdeAeyShsCgY=

-------------
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:17pm
Good man NC Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:21pm
Not too shabby

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:26pm
Not a bad tune........savage video Clap

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMz1uD6yDSY&context=C43b3710ADvjVQa1PpcFMHZY1bxwFCLJBnZ5ipXW7mdeAeyShsCgY=" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMz1uD6yDSY&context=C43b3710ADvjVQa1PpcFMHZY1bxwFCLJBnZ5ipXW7mdeAeyShsCgY=

Cheers for that,I managed to f**k up the link somehow!Embarrassed

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 3:18pm
Excellent, i wes buzzing watching thatBig smile

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 3:50pm
great video Clap

Posted By: Whelo79
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 4:04pm
Great tune and video and I love the Trappatoni comments thrown in, but there is just enough lyrics in it for fans so sing along to. 

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 6:25pm
Thumbs Down

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 7:13pm
nothing wrong with what we have had for years. id say the players just want hardcore support that they immediatley regognise and that all our supporters know and will join in with. lots of fans wont know any new stuff.

cant understand this urge to constantly copy what others teams fans do

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 7:17pm
The chant is class and will be sung all over Poland in June.

Bar the video I dont like what's done there.

Posted By: vinny 2012
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 7:30pm
ApproveClap

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 8:08pm
Great video..... although very obviously a homage to put 'em under pressure.

I don't mind the song either way. Happy enough with what we have. Will definitely be singing for ninety minutes whatever we are singing, and outsinging the opposition fans. The more variety the better I suppose.

Anyway, I suppose nobody has done a cover based on 24 years, living next door to alice?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

nothing wrong with what we have had for years. id say the players just want hardcore support that they immediatley regognise and that all our supporters know and will join in with. lots of fans wont know any new stuff.

Clap

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

Yes I wholeheartedly agree.We should only sing cybig and perhaps one other officially sanctioned song.It's not fcuking N Korea you supposed to be following.Ole.Ole was taken from the Spaniards and given an uniquely Irish twist,that one worked out ok didn't it? If you can at least appreciate that video the you re heart is cold when it comes to Irish football and this Irish team.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 1:20am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Great video..... although very obviously a homage to put 'em under pressure.

I don't mind the song either way. Happy enough with what we have. Will definitely be singing for ninety minutes whatever we are singing, and outsinging the opposition fans. The more variety the better I suppose.

Anyway, I suppose nobody has done a cover based on 24 years, living next door to alice?

The more variety the better is right.Hopefully we can outsing whoever we come up against,we have the numbers,should be some craic!

Think the vid is defo an homage to Put Em Under Pressure.IMO the greatest Irish football song of all time.Nothing can ever beat it but this is class I think and stirs up feelings from the campaign just past.

Posted By: Anto
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 1:24am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 1:25am
Good video but that's all

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 9:56am
Same auld moaners as usual, great tune. Will be on the cd player in Poland for sure.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Same auld moaners as usual, great tune. Will be on the cd player in Poland for sure.

Ah you can't say that, some people like ones I consider rubbish and vice versa. There hasn't been one stand out song.

But I am enjoying them all,  the good, the bad, and the terrible

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Thumbs Down

Hey Newryrep,

You seem like a good Ireland supporter (if a little grumpy!)
You can play almost any tune with a few chords on guitar and everything is borrowed from something
ole ole - spanish
stand up for the boys in green - (pet shop boys) english
come on you boys in green - (Dorogoi dlinnoyu) russian
team of gary breens - (the beatles) - english
not to mention 'singing in the rain', 'and an an oh ah paul mcgrath' (12 days of xmas) & all those other "irish" chants.

Bottom line is there'll be plenty of music in Poland and I'll be right in the middle of itThumbs Up

Bring in on.....

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 4:18pm
kimbap......Newryrep " a little grumpy "

understatement of the century

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Boston Hoop
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 2:42am
Another addition to the ever growing list of Euro songs... the good times are back!

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Thumbs Down

Hey Newryrep,

Eh ???

Thumbs Down

You can play almost any tune with a few chords on guitar and everything is borrowed from something
ole ole - spanish
not to mention 'singing in the rain', 'and an an oh ah paul mcgrath' (12 days of xmas) & all those other "irish" chants.

Bottom line is there'll be plenty of music in Poland and I'll be right in the middle of itThumbs Up

Bring in on.....

Kimbap here where 'i am comming from

I fecking hate IJCGE Smile , maybe because its a sh*t song from a sh*t band, maybe becaue it was stolen from Celtic maybe because every Tom Dick and Harry tries to start it every 2 mins if the Estonia game is anything to go by, maybe its because other teams are now using its probably a combination of them all.

I dont think we as a country with a rich cultural heritage and a list of songs as long as your arm should be using generic SPL/EPL rubbish. Hell ..........as long as its unique it doesnt even have to be irish hence the 'irish' in inverted comma's. I posted in an earlier thread if you are going to nick a song nick it from some obscure 3rd division bugarian team

Darmurt excellent re working of Star of the County down is a win win situation and exactly what I am on about, irish, unique  and has the bonus of being well known- that is what we should be aiming for . and not replace Torres with Mageady in the line nor trying to rip off plainly Scottish songs like Well be comming

The above is an opinion BTW

-------------

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:28pm

Thumbs Down

Hey Newryrep,

Eh ???

Thumbs Down

ole ole - spanish

Bring in on.....

Kimbap here where 'i am comming from

I fecking hate IJCGE Smile , maybe because its a sh*t song from a sh*t band, maybe becaue it was stolen from Celtic maybe because every Tom Dick and Harry tries to start it every 2 mins if the Estonia game is anything to go by, maybe its because other teams are now using its probably a combination of them all.

I dont think we as a country with a rich cultural heritage and a list of songs as long as your arm should be using generic SPL/EPL rubbish. Hell ..........as long as its unique it doesnt even have to be irish hence the 'irish' in inverted comma's. I posted in an earlier thread if you are going to nick a song nick it from some obscure 3rd division bugarian team

Darmurt excellent re working of Star of the County down is a win win situation and exactly what I am on about, irish, unique  and has the bonus of being well known- that is what we should be aiming for .

The above is an opinion BTW

Its an unreal song. More of a sing along song in a pub than a chant you could sing on the streets or in the stadium on masse though unlike JCGE

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Its an unreal song. More of a sing along song in a pub than a chant you could sing on the streets or in the stadium on masse though unlike JCGE

Disagree big time, there is no reason why the chorus couldnt catch on

-------------

Posted By: Junior
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:31pm

I posted in an earlier thread if you are going to nick a song nick it from some obscure 3rd division bugarian team 

more than 2 hrs on and sligo hornet hasnt yet picked you up on this little freudian slip?

Were you thinking Harrow on the Hill School Choir or something else?

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

I posted in an earlier thread if you are going to nick a song nick it from some obscure 3rd division bugarian team 

more than 2 hrs on and sligo hornet hasnt yet picked you up on this little freudian slip?

Sorry Junior...........didn't see this until this morning.......poor Newryrep....must have had a tough education........though now we know why he is such an arse Wink

By the way, whilst I was educated in Harrow, I was never in the choir.

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Sorry Junior...........didn't see this until this morning.......poor Newryrep....must have had a tough education........though now we know why he is such an arse Wink

By the way, whilst I was educated in Harrow, I was never in the choir.

The fact that you used this term  says it all, ..................us common people say ' went to school'

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net