URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=37053
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:04am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Foot.ie
Posted By: 1899
Subject: Foot.ie
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 11:17pm
Sorry to bring up the opposition but...............Tongue

Any other  users on here use the cesspit that is Foot.ie?

Has to be said although we all have our moments on this board there doesn't seem to be as much bulls!it on here compared to what is (or should be ) a very similar site. The North Korea-esque bannings,"infractions" coupled with the avatar choice(or lack of!), makes it a truly awful site with the biggest shower of gimps all in one place.

Reason I brought it up is the traffic over there lately it at a snails pace lately? Maybe the goons have finally found female company.........but most likely each othersWink  

Replies:
Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 11:25pm
I used to be on it but stopped reading after that twat Dahamsta was banning people left right and centre if they didnt agree with him.

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 11:29pm
Read it every now and then. Gone extremely quiet in the past year.

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:08pm
Dhamsta slayed the golden goose because he is a bedwetting power tripping sap. 

More traffic by far on the Rovers forum which says it all. 

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:52pm
I got banned.........which brought me here!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by 1899 1899 wrote:

Sorry to bring up the opposition but...............Tongue

Any other  users on here use the cesspit that is Foot.ie?

Has to be said although we all have our moments on this board there doesn't seem to be as much bulls!it on here compared to what is (or should be ) a very similar site. The North Korea-esque bannings,"infractions" coupled with the avatar choice(or lack of!), makes it a truly awful site with the biggest shower of gimps all in one place.

Reason I brought it up is the traffic over there lately it at a snails pace lately? Maybe the goons have finally found female company.........but most likely each othersWink  

Clap

No-one on there anymore

The bannings are ridiculous. I have only hit the banned button about 100 times and that was all for Justice

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 9:07am

I’ve been posting on it for about 10 years I’d say! (as Cosmo)

Have had very few posts on it over the last year or two – don’t even bother reading it much anymore either!

Prefer on here for loi rumours and chat (and the rovers ultras forum for the latest bohs info!!)

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 1:32pm
Used to have a gander every week or so but when they changed the lay out, I've only browsed it a couple of times.

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: Ash.
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:38pm
I was on it when it was in black & white ... licence fee was cheaper

-------------
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com

Posted By: Tiocfaidh Armani
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 7:14pm
I'm constantly banned off it for nothing. The mods are absolute Nazi's, you just get tired of them banning folk for nothing to feel important.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 8:22pm
The 'owner' has admitted that he allows salacious stuff about certain clubs because their fans rush on to give out, and it increased his hits. 

Thankfully fans of a certain club boycotted the for years and it backfired, although there are some scabs on there.

-------------

Posted By: 1899
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Tiocfaidh Armani Tiocfaidh Armani wrote:

I'm constantly banned off it for nothing. The mods are absolute Nazi's, you just get tired of them banning folk for nothing to feel important.

If you use the same user name on there as here then you are the epitome of why people are giving it a wide berthThumbs Down

Posted By: sledgehammer
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:31pm
I like their pre season transfer rumour threads the one and only time i d browse it during the year. YBIG has taken all there traffic!!Clap

-------------
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:06pm
Long time since I was on there......I was wondering how they would cope with a "Women who like Bum sex" thread

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Justice 2012
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Long time since I was on there......I was wondering how they would cope with a "Men who like Bum sex" thread
probably very well hornet

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Justice 2012 Justice 2012 wrote:

Long time since I was on there......I was wondering how they would cope with a "Men who like Bum sex" thread
probably very well hornet

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 11:53pm
I think a lot have come over here..... I know I was on foot for a few years and have barely been on since I started coming on here.

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 12:19am
I have never registered, never will . Its a haven for cockkmunchers and gimp ****s

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 12:36am
When it first started, jaysis 12 years ago?, it had potential. 

But clear favouritism and appalling moderation by the owner meant it was always going to fail. Surprised it took as long as it did and more surprised no other forum stepped up as he was making a fortune off foot at one point.

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 12:43am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

When it first started, jaysis 12 years ago?, it had potential. 

But clear favouritism and appalling moderation by the owner meant it was always going to fail. Surprised it took as long as it did and more surprised no other forum stepped up as he was making a fortune off foot at one point.

roger milla would fit in well on there

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 5:09pm

Long time since I was on there......I was wondering how they would cope with a "Women who like Bum sex" thread

Yeah have not posted on it in years. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 5:40pm
Usual drivel on it latley abut our finances and how were supposedly up sh*t creek.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 1:16am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Usual drivel on it latley abut our finances and how were supposedly up sh*t creek.

So the Begging bowl isn't out?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 1:21am

So the Begging bowl isn't out?

Members have been asked to make a voluntary contribution, no big deal.

How may clubs have their members pay an annual subscription?

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 1:45am
Members have been asked to make a 'voluntary contribution' 5 weeks into the new season, one which you 'courageously' were the only club in the league to increase your wage bill.

If you are comparing this to the Rovers or Bohs members clubs part funding the football clubs, you are a cabbage. Seriously, get real

What happened to all that anger and worry at the agm? You lot are back into ostrich mode

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 12:08pm

Ya its different in that one set of members contribution is voluntary and the other isint.

No ostrich here either. That Chairman who said 'couragesly', was changed in record time. With a completely new committee voted in on the same night. In fact our budget hasnt been increased either, its actually down cause of the manager and other players leaving.

Thanks for all the concern tho. Ye can send over a few quid if you feel so strongly about it! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 3:10pm
Funny enough just had a look at foot.ie there and someone saying that its €50 a month to be a member of Shamrock Rovers. Shocked Ouch. Fair enough if thats what their fans are willing to pay, but I tell you what RTID ye have some cheek having a go at Sligo Rovers.

Posted By: Cotsy
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 4:07pm
foot.ie is an abyzmal site to look at, lay out is poxy and your man pineapple stu is the biggest geek/ power hungry loser on the planet, any on that site needs their head tested.

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Posted By: Sonny
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 4:18pm

Funny enough just had a look at foot.ie there and someone saying that its €50 a month to be a member of Shamrock Rovers. Shocked Ouch. Fair enough if thats what their fans are willing to pay, but I tell you what RTID ye have some cheek having a go at Sligo Rovers.

The cost is absolutely irrelevant to the discussion. On the one hand you have a clearly defined pricing structure with a dependable, established income stream, and on the other you are just asking for a dig out when needed. 

It's the difference between budgeting based upon solid financial forecasting, and hoping for the f**king best.

If anything the fact that close to 500 people are willing to fork over 600 quid a year is a testament to the value people place upon the club. 

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

foot.ie is an abyzmal site to look at, lay out is poxy and your man pineapple stu is the biggest geek/ power hungry loser on the planet, any on that site needs their head tested.

where as this kind of insightful intelligent opinion makes this site so much better to post on.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 4:42pm
Its an annual donation Sonny, not a dig out. So how can you say that its not part of our budget?

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 5:37pm
What happens if all fans decide to not make the donation ?

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

What happens if all fans decide to not make the donation ?

The same thing that happens if fans decide not to go to games.

Some things you cant forsee, but it must be remembered that budgets are based on previous revenue streams. And we have made a profit in each of the last 4 years. How many clubs can say that!

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:45pm
Which is?

If I have this right, you have x amount of fans who said they would pony up €100 and have not. That is in your budget and if they don't 'volunteer' you slash and burn

And you are comparing this to pre paid or direct debit dues? surreal

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:44pm

No. You dot have it right. Assuming you know how every other clubs work is all you ever get right. And I havent made a comparison as you put it. The point I was making is that members accros the board in the LOI stump up cash every season. Shams, Bohs, Cork and others Im sure base this season budget on their members contributions from previous seasons, aswell as a load of other things. Yet when we do it its a dig out and were going to be screwed. Ermm

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:47pm
Correct me if Im wrong but didnt the Shamrock Rovers board ask for their members to pay their subs in 2008 and 2009...

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:59pm

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt the Shamrock Rovers board ask for their members to pay their subs in 2008 and 2009...

People paid multi-year memberships up front at one point to cover legacy debts from the pre-examinership period. It had absolutely nothing to do with the current fans run administration.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Sonny Sonny wrote:

People paid multi-year memberships up front at one point to cover legacy debts from the pre-examinership period. It had absolutely nothing to do with the current fans run administration.

LOL LOL I forgot, sure that was when ye started your new club so of course its nothing to do the the new administration and new fans. Look the fans were asked for a dig out to pay their players. This is just over 2 years ago and youre having a go at us. No offecne but ye're full of crap. Embarrassed

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:25pm

LOL LOL I forgot, sure that was when ye started your new club so of course its nothing to do the the new administration and new fans. Look the fans were asked for a dig out to pay their players. This is just over 2 years ago and youre having a go at us. No offecne but ye're full of crap. Embarrassed

Erm it was six years ago, and I don't think it is a secret that a load of dirty rats ran the club into the ground and nearly killed it. We stopped them.

There are a lot of parallels between the Rovers boards of that era and your two-bob parish operation yous are running now.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:41pm
Eh no. 6 years ago would be 2006, not 2009.

Your fans dug out the club to pay the players. End of. Short memories some Shams fans have I tell ya. And what would you know about how our club is run, I'll tell ya, nothing.

This is why people dont like Shams fans. Short memories and a were beter than ye attitude.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:50pm
Hold up. We have 450 odd members who have either payed or direct debit €600 per annum. Season tickets and assorted sweeties are included. That money is used to run the club and accounted for in our books. Same setup with Bohs.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with what Sligo arecurrently at which is asking fans to pay MORE money to keep the club afloat.

Now the cynic in me would suggest the new board have found a hole or are not willing to continue an expenditure

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:51pm

Eh no. 6 years ago would be 2006, not 2009.

Your fans dug out the club to pay the players. End of. Short memories some Shams fans have I tell ya. And what would you know about how our club is run, I'll tell ya, nothing.

This is why people dont like Shams fans. Short memories and a were beter than ye attitude.

The five year memberships were taken out in 2006 to pay legacy debts from the examinership. Is that difficult to grasp?

I know plenty about your absolute shambles of an operation. Pharmacists paying players wages, paying players in groceries, stealing money from other clubs by underestimating cup attendances, allowing the players dictate who hands them their contracts, blowing player budgets on 14 players, bucket collections, leave your season ticket at home games..........I could sit here all night.

Tin pot club from a tin pot town. Enjoy it before the house of cards collapses.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:03pm
In 2006 they paid a 5 year membership and in 2008 and 2009 then were asked to pay sub players wages. SOunds like a dig out to me Sonny.

All ye need to know is that we have made a profit for the last 4 seasons. But thanks for your level of concern on how our club is run. Thumbs Up

The only thing for sure is this place is going the way of foot.ie. The only difference is that there is mainly SHams fans on here as opposed to foot.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:11pm

In 2006 they paid a 5 year membership and in 2008 and 2009 then were asked to pay sub players wages. SOunds like a dig out to me Sonny.

All ye need to know is that we have made a profit for the last 4 seasons. But thanks for your level of concern on how our club is run. Thumbs Up

The only thing for sure is this place is going the way of foot.ie. The only difference is that there is mainly SHams fans on here as opposed to foot.

Where are you gettin this 08/09 sh*te from?

Your books are about as believable as your cup attendance figures. Sure Joey spent the last few years working behind the counter of a chemistLOL

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:23pm

Forget the 5 year membership. Did the members dig out the club by paying the sub players in 2008 and 2009? Thats all Im wondering?

Its amazing how the Shams attitude has changed toward us in recent years. Fans always have a soft spot or some sort of respect for another club. But as soon as they start puting it up against them all they want to do is discredit and belittle their eforts. It really is sad.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:31pm

Forget the 5 year membership. Did the members dig out the club by paying the sub players in 2008 and 2009? Thats all Im wondering?

Its amazing how the Shams attitude has changed toward us in recent years. Fans always have a soft spot or some sort of respect for another club. But as soon as they start puting it up against them all they want to do is discredit and belittle their eforts. It really is sad.

No.

The second point is fairly obvious, although aside for appreciation for the solidarity in Milltown, I don't really recall anyone having any feelings toward Sligo either way.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
The answer is no GTS and I have never even heard the rumour otherwise.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:47pm

No.

The second point is fairly obvious, although aside for appreciation for the solidarity in Milltown, I don't really recall anyone having any feelings toward Sligo either way.

Oh right. So what the hell is the obbsession at having a go and making up tribe now then apart from the fact that ye cant stand why a club from a small town down the country is puting it up to ye!!!

It really is a sense of great ammusement between Sligo Rovers fans how ye pick over every little thing we seem to do. Keep up the good work lads!

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:48pm

The answer is no GTS and I have never even heard the rumour otherwise.

Fair enough, maybe Im remembering somthing differently.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:56pm

No.

Oh right. So what the hell is the obbsession at having a go and making up tribe now then apart from the fact that ye cant stand why a club from a small town down the country is puting it up to ye!!!

It really is a sense of great ammusement between Sligo Rovers fans how ye pick over every little thing we seem to do. Keep up the good work lads!

There were people from every club questioning your need for a donation to plug a budgetary shortfall. The same goes for when committee members were making public pronouncements about taking financial risks to achieve success.

Considering the recent history of the league, I don't think it's surprising in the slightest that everyone is wary of a club of Sligo's size competing where they are.

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 12:15am

The recent history you talk about is based on sugar daddy and cash happy banks tho Sonny.

The reason were competing is simple. People dont seem to realise how much Sligo Rovers is embbeded in the community of Sligo and how much they are loved. The amount of hard work that our fans put into this club people cant even imagine.

Anyway dont let me interup ye picking away at every little thing we do. As I said, a great ammusement to SLigo Rovers fans.

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 3:31pm

good to see this thread didn't go way off topic in less then 3 pages

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 3:54pm
Back to the point. Been on it there this morning and I thought it was muck. Long live ybig

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

good to see this thread didn't go way off topic in less then 3 pages

After reading the last page or 2 and then this post, I actually had to go back up and look at what the thread topic was LOL

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 5:12pm
I used to be on foot.ie a few years back before I found ybig.
Had to get off it though as people who organised a bus on it for San Marino then left us up in the town half hour before kick off.
thank god they're not on here LOL

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Posted By: sledgehammer
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:53pm

Had to get off it though as people who organised a bus on it for San Marino then left us up in the town half hour before kick off.
Some lad with long winded stories and who looks like Bill Oddie I remember!! Wonder who that was?Tongue

-------------
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

Some lad with long winded stories and who looks like Bill Oddie I remember!! Wonder who that was?Tongue

highlight of my trip
Poor form all the same

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net