Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=36352
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Not going to Poland list.
Posted By: roigalway ger99
Subject: Not going to Poland list.
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 7:47pm
Cry With a few days to go before the uefa ticket portal closes for season ticket holders and block bookers i've  had to face up that i'm not going to make it over to Poland and its fu&king crap as i've only missed a had full of home game's in the last 10 years or so anyone in the same boat?

1, ger

-------------
And they'll be dancing in streets of Total Network Solutions tonight."

Replies:
Posted By: schillaci
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 9:08pm
Perhaps folks can post the reasons they are not going and the YBIG jury will decide if they are valid. 

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Perhaps folks can post the reasons they are not going and the YBIG jury will decide if they are valid. 

That's boll ocks.

What's it got to do with anyone or the need for others to judge or validate the reason why someone can't be in Poland?

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

That's boll ocks.

What's it got to do with anyone or the need for others to judge or validate the reason why someone can't be in Poland?

Alright then. Lets just have a thread with people not going simply signing their name....... 

With 5 million people in Ireland, it could get quite tedious. Tongue

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:43pm
Have regrettably made the call that Poland is just not a realistic option for me for many reasons, sold my 3 tickets for the group games tonight so I am signing my name in here Cry

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:45pm
Cry
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Have regrettably made the call that Poland is just not a realistic option for me for many reasons, sold my 3 tickets for the group games tonight so I am signing my name in here Cry

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:49pm
I know Brianie, killed me to do it and it was a big decision but it was the only option, coming home to no job in a few weeks being the main reason.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:51pm

I know Brianie, killed me to do it and it was a big decision but it was the only option, coming home to no job in a few weeks being the main reason.

Ouch Sono, I know you were looking forward to it

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:53pm
Sure was JB, sometimes you have to make the decision you know deep down is the right one, I would have been looking at selling my car or taking out a good loan for the trip and with no job I just couldnt do either, sure it will be great craic in my local LOL Confused

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:54pm

Sure was JB, sometimes you have to make the decision you know deep down is the right one, I would have been looking at selling my car or taking out a good loan for the trip and with no job I just couldnt do either, sure it will be great craic in my local LOL Confused

Tell me about it, knew before going to Tallinn it wasn't on for me.

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:59pm
Sorry to hear lads. Must be gutting.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 11:08pm

Jaysus, you were only saying about hotel b&b on Friday, sorry to hear

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Sorry to hear lads. Must be gutting.

if its of any minor consolation lads the fact euro 2016 in france will have 24 teams,the chances of ireland qualifying for another major tournament (if not brazil) is pretty good so ye could always go then to france which is handy to get to.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by 9fingersbabb 9fingersbabb wrote:

Jaysus, you were only saying about hotel b&b on Friday, sorry to hear

Had to take stock and it just wasnt feasable, sickened Cry

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 11:22pm
Sono just gather up all you have and put it on Hurricane Fly in the Champion Hurdle. See ya in Poznan then! Beer

(Cos if that doesn't win I'll have a seriousbout of depression coming on as well!)

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 11:24pm
LOL

Good man Conor!

Had a dream I won the lotto on Monday night, unfortunately a dream is all it was, I dont even do the fukin lotto!

If things drastically pick up when I am home then it may be a possibility but realistically it wont be.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 11:25pm

LOL

Good man Conor!

Had a dream I won the lotto on Monday night

Follow your dreams Roundy, follow your dreams

Posted By: dotts101
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:31am

LOL

Good man Conor!

Had a dream I won the lotto on Monday night

Follow your dreams Roundy, follow your dreams

soccerc, you not going, how come you went on the reccie trip with carlsberg then?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:19am

It sounds to me like the biggest mistake you are ever going to make.

Realistically how much is going to cost you?
2K approx for 10 days which will cover all 3 group games.

How would it take you to pay off a 2k loan - less than €170 a month.

Ireland don't quality for tournaments that often and this one is probably the most feasible and affordable one that we will ever get too.

If we quality for Brazil the flights alone will cost approx 2k.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:47am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ireland don't quality for tournaments that often and this one is probably the most feasible and affordable one that we will ever get too.

Like your thinking Horsebox. A friend of mine once said to me "You cant buy back memories......" meaning if you want something, push the boat out (within reason) and go for it. The poland trip will cost less than 2000 euro if you are sensible. Then you've got 4 years to save for the next one. 

Posted By: Whelo79
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:28am
It can cost a lot less than 2k if you want it too. I have direct flights and 9 nights accomadation for €310. All only booked about 10 days ago. Spain ticket cost €70 and I'm hopeful of getting one for the Italy game for the same price. Thats €450 for flights, a bed and match tickets. Factor in another €1000 for food, beer, match day travelling and you should be sorted.

But I am sure anybody who has ruled out going has not decided to do so without a lot of hard thought.

Posted By: Junior
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:59am
In 5..10.15...20...years time when you are boring the pants of your kids, family with all the great stories from Polkraine or just reminiscing once again with your mates that were with you....the €2k or €3k debt you had for it will be long gone and you wont even remember how much of a loan you got or how long it took you to pay back etc...

I am talking from experience.

I am not suggesting anyone to be irresponsible but a few k of loan can be paid back within a couple of years and those memories will be around until you snuff it.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

In 5..10.15...20...years time when you are boring the pants of your kids, family with all the great stories from Polkraine or just reminiscing once again with your mates that were with you....the €2k or €3k debt you had for it will be long gone and you wont even remember how much of a loan you got or how long it took you to pay back etc...

I am talking from experience.

I am not suggesting anyone to be irresponsible but a few k of loan can be paid back within a couple of years and those memories will be around until you snuff it.

Hows the bid for the grand national going junior?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Whelo79 Whelo79 wrote:

It can cost a lot less than 2k if you want it too. I have direct flights and 9 nights accomadation for €310. All only booked about 10 days ago. Spain ticket cost €70 and I'm hopeful of getting one for the Italy game for the same price. Thats €450 for flights, a bed and match tickets. Factor in another €1000 for food, beer, match day travelling and you should be sorted.

But I am sure anybody who has ruled out going has not decided to do so without a lot of hard thought.

What flights and accommodation did you get?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Well in 2014 I hope to be in a lot better position than I am now HB so I will live to regret it probably but that is life, decision made but have a backup plan if things do pick up and I actually can go.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:46am

I am sure anybody who has ruled out going has not decided to do so without a lot of hard thought.

Spot on.

Posted By: Ash.
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:26pm
Highly highly unlikely I'll be going ... gonna put my efforts into getting to a few of the next round of away qualifiers.

Be interesting to see how many of the thousands getting camper vans will make it to the Czech game on Wednesday

-------------
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I am prob being thick but you've lost me!

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I am prob being thick but you've lost me!

i thought it was a 50/50 one alright! a horse named junior is the favourite for this years grand nationalThumbs Up

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:04pm
haha didnt know they'd bigged me up so much. Will have to lay off the rashers so.......

You'd have to stick a sneaky tenner on that would be rude not to!

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:30pm
You could try a 2k loan from the credit union when u get home.my local one is is offering 2k loan and pay back overnsome thing like 25 euro per week over 2 years.you d have to start saving immediately and maybe have a guarantor.its costin us 750 approx for flights and 16 nights accomodation all over the place incl trains.add another 300 for group games.it ll cost no more than 1,200 for ya and then 800 for whatever drinkin/food money after that.the credit union is worth a try   

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:45pm

Wow sorry to hear that. Why not claim your oz tax back early? That's funding my trip.

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:44pm
Signing in here too. Just not financially viable for me, and its with an awfully heavy heart that I have accepted the fact I won't be there.

The away games I was at this campaign was a financial burden itself. Wanna have a "kiss and make up" pint with me Sono?

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:53pm

Whelo €310 for accommodation , €450 for flights , €70 for a match ticket not taking into account atleast two more games provided you get tickets + €1,000 spending money? Sure that's more or less €2,000? 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Wow sorry to hear that. Why not claim your oz tax back early? That's funding my trip.

Only have a couple of grand in tax, how do u claim it early, didnt know this could be done.

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

The away games I was at this campaign was a financial burden itself. Wanna have a "kiss and make up" pint with me Sono?

It will have to be near a boxing ring LOL

Posted By: Whelo79
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Whelo €310 for accommodation , €450 for flights , €70 for a match ticket not taking into account atleast two more games provided you get tickets + €1,000 spending money? Sure that's more or less €2,000? 

You misunderstand, €450 is my projected total spend. So far including flights, accommodation and my Spain ticket I've spent €378. €213 for the flights, €95 for 9 nights in Torun and €70 for Spain ticket. Add €70 for the Italy game and thats €448.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:23pm
what's the updated list?

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:55pm
Stick me on it!

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: Dano
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 8:21pm
Like a true supporter I'll be there. Right in front of my telly watching every game.

Except the ones that are on while I'm working but I'll record them and watch them after I take the dog for a walk and eat my dinner.

Posted By: Mick_G
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 8:42pm
I'm out aswell,2 babies at home and a rake of crippling debt it's just not gonna happen

-------------
@mickgleeson82

Posted By: togo
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:00pm
It seems like it's the TRUE supporters are going at the end of the day!!

Posted By: hoobedoo
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 3:20pm

Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

[QUOTE=Sono]Have regrettably made the call that Poland is just not a realistic option for me for many reasons, sold my 3 tickets for the group games tonight so I am signing my name in here Cry

Only have a couple of grand in tax, how do u claim it early, didnt know this could be done.

[QUOTE=Blue Man]

You can claim your oz tax back once you get a exit stamp on leaving the country. You can also claim your superannuation once your year work visa has run out. I worked there 6 years ago and just claimed my super back last month. Forgot all about it so used tax back.com and got 300 euros. Happy days

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 1:50pm

Group games

8 June: Poland v Greece (BBC) , Russia v Czech Republic (ITV)

9 June: Netherlands v Denmark (BBC) , Germany v Portugal (BBC)

10 June: Spain v Italy (ITV), Republic of Ireland v Croatia (ITV)

11 June: France v England (ITV), Ukraine v Sweden (BBC)

12 June: Greece v Czech Republic (ITV), Poland v Russia (ITV)

13 June: Denmark v Portugal (ITV), Netherlands v Germany (BBC)

14 June: Italy v Croatia (BBC) , Spain v Republic of Ireland (ITV)

15 June: Ukraine v France (ITV), Sweden v England (BBC)

16 June: Greece v Russia (BBC) , Poland v Czech Republic (BBC)

17 June: Portugal v Netherlands (ITV), Denmark v Germany (ITV)

18 June: Croatia v Spain (BBC) , Italy v Republic of Ireland (BBC)

19 June: Sweden v France (ITV), England v Ukraine (ITV)

Knock-out stages

Quarter-finals (21, 22, 23, 24 June) - BBC has first & fourth picks , ITV has second & third

Semi-finals (27 & 28 June) - BBC

Final (1 July) - BBC & ITV

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 1:56pm

Record the Ireland matches on RTE on one box and on the British stations on the other I reckon

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 8:48pm
you can watch em again on rte player as well Thumbs Up

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:30pm
Resigning myself to this list Cry I'm currently out of work on sick leave. It's the first time in my life I've ever had time off for being ill, talk about bad timing. It blows any chance I had of asking for time off.

Best chance scenario is that I'll be given a few hours off on the Monday morning so I can get in the first match but I'm not going to get my hopes up Cry

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 3:37pm
There are others after all...absolutely gutted I'll not be there. Coming on here everyday, hearing about mates putting together final plans for the trip - its killing me. Cry 
This would have been my first finals trip and that fact that it is a relatively affordable one (in comparison to previous tournaments) makes it even worse.

Reality bites...4000€ college fees plus another 3500€ in accomodation from next September (same as this year) and trying to do this on part time work is just about do-able. Savings all dried up with these b**llox fees aswell Angry. Unfortunately, some priorities have to be made over others, no matter how tough. Broken Heart 

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

There are others after all...absolutely gutted I'll not be there. Coming on here everyday, hearing about mates putting together final plans for the trip - its killing me. Cry 
This would have been my first finals trip and that fact that it is a relatively affordable one (in comparison to previous tournaments) makes it even worse.

Reality bites...4000€ college fees plus another 3500€ in accomodation from next September (same as this year) and trying to do this on part time work is just about do-able. Savings all dried up with these b**llox fees aswell Angry. Unfortunately, some priorities have to be made over others, no matter how tough. Broken Heart 

Same happened me in 90 for the degree and again in 94 for the post grad....you will have your day in the sun

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Mafi Mushkila Mafi Mushkila wrote:

Resigning myself to this list Cry I'm currently out of work on sick leave. It's the first time in my life I've ever had time off for being ill, talk about bad timing. It blows any chance I had of asking for time off.

Best chance scenario is that I'll be given a few hours off on the Monday morning so I can get in the first match but I'm not going to get my hopes up Cry

ah no you serious? whos gonna take the mickey out of me accent now?

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:48pm

That is a killer. But no harm in asking is there? Tell your job your on another sick leave sure Thumbs Up (not sure what your sickeness is, seen something on facebook but didn't wanna be nosey)

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:03am
I won't be there either unfortunately. Currently living in Australia so not a hope i could afford to go. Il be lucky to see the games on tv Angry

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 2:50pm
Raging not going myself, can't do it financailly but I am sure all that are will uphold the reputation of Irish soccer fans as from previous tourments. Have a great time in Poland & enjoy

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 3:32pm
Will add myself to this list too. I was supposed to be going until i decided to look at the bigger picture, and i will be emigrating to Australia in November. So all my funds are goin into that. But i will be watching and cheering on from the local venues no danger of that!

-------------
Tea???? FECK!!!!!

Posted By: Doyler
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:39pm
Time to add my name to this listCry Me the woman and child moved in together there about two months ago and i lost my job the week before that aswell so funds have been low since then.Had flights there and hotel for 10 days booked and had hoped to do the rest as the summer drew closer. It's Killing me knowing i will have to stay at home and watch it in my living room but at the end of the day i'm only a young lad yet so i will have plenty of major tournaments to look foward to attendingThumbs Up

Gonna change my easyjet flights to one of our aways for the 2014 campaign, hopefully by then i will be in better shape financially and me and her can get on our first away trip.

-------------
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 11:13pm

Had been hoping you'd make it somehow

but no leave her at home for the aways   

Posted By: Doyler
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Had been hoping you'd make it somehow

but no leave her at home for the aways   

Me too lad, i still keep thinking i'm gonna get the two from each section up in the bookies one of these saturdays and be on that planeLOL 

-------------
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:44pm
You resign yourself to not going, you let your passport expire and then the coonts at UEFA  start the tease sending you this

We are pleased to confirm your media booking requests to cover the  M06 IRL-CRO to be held 10/06/2012 as follows:

First name / Surname:	soccerc
Function:		Photographer
Media company:	Daily Express

Confirmed Media Item(s)
 - PHOTO PITCH SAD
Angry

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:44pm
hate having to add me name to this list

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 9:56am
Won't see me on this list mofos

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:18am

You resign yourself to not going, you let your passport expire and then the coonts at UEFA  start the tease sending you this

We are pleased to confirm your media booking requests to cover the  M06 IRL-CRO to be held 10/06/2012 as follows:

First name / Surname:	soccerc
Function:		Photographer
Media company:	Daily Express

Confirmed Media Item(s)
 - PHOTO PITCH SAD
Angry

Surely theres still enough time to get your passport sorted? I reapplied for a new one just yesterday and Post Office said it'll be back within 2 weeks (having initially feared it would take 5-6 Shocked)

Praying to God now it does come back soon enough. Id those bowsies go on strike again there'll be hell to pay LOL

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:57pm
Checking out of this list Big smile My boss has granted me some time off Clap

Posted By: GarageFlower
Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 5:17pm

-------------
Heskey..Zorro..The match is Tomorrow!!                      She loves Cox!She loves Cox!!

Posted By: Midlands
Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 5:18pm

Checking out of this list Big smile My boss has granted me some time off Clap

Nice one Thumbs Up

-------------
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:05pm
on the 5th may i was on this list!
what a great 2weeks!!!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net