Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=31301
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 11:36am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: EPL Top Scorers
Posted By: Absolutely Use
Subject: EPL Top Scorers
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 3:38am
I am trying to pick my Fantasy football team and can't decide who to put unfront. It was even a tough to pick the top 8 players.

Who will be the Top scorer in the EPL??????

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Replies:
Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 4:28am
Van Persie is fit, then he scores. So really depends on how his fitness goes

Posted By: Siralex
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 4:43am
Wayne Rooney will start off on fire this season - but I'd put money on Javier Hernandez being top scorer in the Prem this season (I already have in fact 9/1).

It's just Hernandez won't start well (well, he won't start), so you're better off with Rooney for the first month and then bring Hernandez in.  United are going to be the most consistent - especilly up front....so you should definitely look at United players.

Outside Old Trafford, expect a huge improvement in front of goal from Nando Torres and I also think Luis Suarez will score about 18 Prem League goals.

-------------
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 4:47am
Quite an open race this year. I would go for Van Persie only for the fact he is crocked and will be lucky to play 25 games, so ive gone for the safe bet with The Drog Thumbs Up

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 5:08am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Wayne Rooney will start off on fire this season - but I'd put money on Javier Hernandez being top scorer in the Prem this season (I already have in fact 9/1).

It's just Hernandez won't start well (well, he won't start), so you're better off with Rooney for the first month and then bring Hernandez in.  United are going to be the most consistent - especilly up front....so you should definitely look at United players.

Outside Old Trafford, expect a huge improvement in front of goal from Nando Torres and I also think Luis Suarez will score about 18 Prem League goals.

Whats the story with Hernandez?

-------------

Posted By: Mick_G
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 5:15am
Went for van persie and Suarez myself up front,would have put in Hernandez but at 9million thought he was a bit steep if he starts banging in the goals I'll bring him in but as sa said he's not a guaranteed starter yet but prob will be soon enough

-------------
@mickgleeson82

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 5:20am
Whats Arsenal new forward, Gervinho like? will he score much????

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 7:50am

I'd put my money on Carroll if he can stay fit.

Otherwise I will choose Torres - this is probably the first year in a while where he has rested during the summer months and should be fully conditioned and fit before the start of the season.
Torres on form is probably the most clinical striker about.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

Whats Arsenal new forward, Gervinho like? will he score much????
scored twice in half an hour yesterday looks to be a good finisher should probably wait to see how he adapts to the pl first though

Posted By: Billy O'Toole
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 8:24am
walcott or suarez

-------------
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

Whats the story with Hernandez?

Hernandez will play very little for the first 4/5 weeks due to playing with Mexico at the start of the summer break and has no pre season done.he will be eased into action.

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 8:37am
Wazza is your only man

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 8:51am
Rooooooonnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 9:05am
aguerro

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 11:18am
fancy dzeko e/w @ 30/1 

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 11:23am
also van persie?? they are going to lose nasri and fabregas, not to mention van persie has never played a full season in 8 seasons...he is ridiculously short at 9/1

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 11:24am
Rooney and Suarez will be up there, Van Persie as well unless he gets injured(likely).

Not sure about Torres and Drogba, if Torres is given the number one spot through the middle I expect him to do brilliantly.

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 11:54am

Why didn't you wait to back Hernandez at the end of September?He'll be bigger than 9s if he hasn't played.Rooney has been terrific in pre season so far,not just his goals but his performances too.

Citzen is correct about Van Persie,his chances depend on whether Nasri and Fabregas stay.

I think Torres will have a good season goals wise too and would probably go for him out of the list.However him not taking the penos is a major disadvantage.

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 1:39am
Van Persie if he can stay fit for the whole season

Posted By: sheaoccfc
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Van Persie if he can stay fit for the whole season

Would like to see how many he would score if he were to see out the season.

-------------
City till i die !!!!!!!!!

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 5:30pm
hoping hernandez can push on this season, purely from a betting point of view

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: Siralex
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:37am
Robin van Persie's a super player, great to watch, great control to his game, great left-foot.  But he ain't no really super prolific goalscorer, whether he's playing or not!  The top, top goalscorers score over once every two games.  Van Persie's been a once every three-four games scorer - always has.  He's more an old-fashioned No.10 than a No.9.  Not a top goalscorer at all!  Probbaly the best footballing striker in the Premier League - but that gets you nothing in Fantasy League...

The goalscorer this season will be:

Rooney, Hernandez, Torres, Drogba, Suarez, and it's really a gamble on players such as Aguero, Dzecko and Bent who is a great goalscorer but will hugely suffer from the loss of Young and Downing.  

-------------
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:12am

Robin van Persie's a super player, great to watch, great control to his game, great left-foot.  But he ain't no really super prolific goalscorer, whether he's playing or not!  The top, top goalscorers score over once every two games.  Van Persie's been a once every three-four games scorer - always has.  He's more an old-fashioned No.10 than a No.9.  Not a top goalscorer at all!  Probbaly the best footballing striker in the Premier League - but that gets you nothing in Fantasy League...

The goalscorer this season will be:

Rooney, Hernandez, Torres, Drogba, Suarez, and it's really a gamble on players such as Aguero, Dzecko and Bent who is a great goalscorer but will hugely suffer from the loss of Young and Downing.  

Confused 

I think you should have a look at Van Persie's goal scoring stats for both Arsenal and the Netherlands. His goalscoring ratio is a lot lot better than a goal every 3 or 4 games.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:12am

He has averaged a goal every 1.8 games over the last 3 seasons.

He also takes a lot of Arsenal set pieces and gets more assists than most strikers.

He might struggle this season though if Arsenal struggle in the league.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 10:43am
if Van persie if fit for long enough he should walk it if not illg be lookign uniteds way, take your pick between the two. With Ashley Young in I can see the goals from forwards going up a good bit and the oppostie side of the coin will be goals for Bent being fewer and farther between. I always just go for an e/w shot, going to back odenwingie e/w @ 50's this year

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

fancy dzeko e/w @ 30/1 
Thumbs Up

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net