Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Willo Flood
Posted By: Sloop John G
Subject: Willo Flood
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:40am

Flood hoping to catch Trap's eye on return to Scotland

By Ruaidhri O'Connor

Saturday July 02 2011

AN http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Ireland - Ireland cap may be the furthest thing from Willo Flood's mind right now, but he hasn't given up on his dreams of wearing the green jersey.

Once the shining Irish light of his generation, the 26-year-old has returned to http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Dundee_United - Dundee United in order to reignite a career stalled by injury -- and http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Tony_Mowbray - Tony Mowbray .

If an http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Ireland - Ireland call were to come his way, he'd jump at the chance and the Dubliner says he can't understand the mentality of those who don't answer Ireland's call.

"Do you know what? With everything that has gone on in the last 18 months, two years, I wouldn't even think about an Ireland cap," he said.

"I'm only 26, I would like one cap, you know? I've seen a few players that don't deserve caps who got caps and I wouldn't mind being one of them even.

"I don't understand players not turning up. I just think it's in your blood to represent your country and I just can't get my head around why people wouldn't turn up."

As a former trainee at http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Manchester_City - Manchester City , Flood is close to http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Stephen_Ireland - Stephen Ireland and has to agree to disagree with his old team-mate about his decision to stay away from international football.

Flood reckons there will be no going back, but he believes Ireland will get back to playing his best football soon.

complex

"Stephen is a complex character," he said. "I just think that's his decision and he's just strong minded about his decisions. He's always been strong minded, even as a kid. I don't think there's any going back on it.

"He felt as if he had a bit of a rough time and he felt he'd be better off with his family in England. It's only a matter of time before he gets back to his best."

Flood has had a difficult time since his dream move to http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Celtic_FC - Celtic went sour under http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Tony_Mowbray - Mowbray .

http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Gordon_Strachan - Gordon Strachan lured him to http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Middlesbrough_F.C. - Middlesbrough and he took to life in the Championship well, but injury haunted him, the manager was sacked and in came Mowbray again. "I think it's safe to say that Tony Mowbray doesn't fancy me as a player," he said with a wry smile.

"I definitely knew the second time, but to be fair I knew the first time. The last 18 months has been the hardest part of my football career.

"With the injuries, it takes it's toll and that's why I've come to back. Me and the manager (Stephen Thompson) get on well and I've played my best football under him so hopefully I can pick up where I left off."

Replies:
Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:45am
Thanks for that. Had been just wondering the other day if Willo had any desire to play for his country.I can now put that issue to bed.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Thanks for that. Had been just wondering the other day if Willo had any desire to play for his country.I can now put that issue to bed.
You're welcome.

Posted By: Trapcandoit
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 7:14am
 "I just think it's in your blood to represent your country.."Clap This is the type of chap that we should be looking seriously at for development in the senior sideHeartThumbs UpThumbs Up. Sod off to the Irelands, McCarthys, McCanns etc etc etc- they should just have to wait. Gwan Willo. Get stuck in there boyClap

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

"I just think it's in your blood to represent your country.."Clap This is the type of chap that we should be looking seriously at for development in the senior sideHeartThumbs UpThumbs Up. Sod off to the Irelands, McCarthys, McCanns etc etc etc- they should just have to wait. Gwan Willo. Get stuck in there boyClap

What has McCann done wrong Confused

James McCarthy is ten times the player Willo Flood is what are you talking about...

He hasnt much hope getting in our midfield thats for sure , maybe a squad player at best...We have so many better options than this guy!!!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:35am
Willo's nothing better than a journeyman pro in my opinion, hope he makes an ok living at it, but I wouldn't ever rate him as international class from what I've seen of him, very unlucky with injuries also.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

You're welcome.

The only time anyone will ever thank you on this forum ya absolute tool, was sure you were banned for good Confused

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:59am
Eh Sono what's wrong with posting this article?  
Sloop John (whoever he may be Wink) has been behaving himself so let sleeping dogs lie Thumbs Up

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

You're welcome.

The only time anyone will ever thank you on this forum ya absolute tool, was sure you were banned for good Confused

I thought the sarcasm was fairly obvious!!LOL

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:02am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Eh Sono what's wrong with posting this article?  
Sloop John (whoever he may be Wink) has been behaving himself so let sleeping dogs lie Thumbs Up

He will crack soon, only a matter of time before we have another meltdown thread.

LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK

Sleepy

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:26am
Yeah lets put Willo Flood into the team instead of McCarthy and Ireland.Confused

I wont even attempt to judge him with Chris McCann as he seems incapable of kicking a ball and not getting injured.

Some people really need to get their heads examined with the sh*t they come up with on here.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:33am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Yeah lets put Willo Flood into the team instead of McCarthy and Ireland.Confused

I wont even attempt to judge him with Chris McCann as he seems incapable of kicking a ball and not getting injured.

Some people really need to get their heads examined with the sh*t they come up with on here.

Its all about the heart and passion LOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:37am
He would have a hard time getting a place in the centre of midfield let alone out wide where we have myriad options, Duff, McGeady, Hunt, Lawrence, Fahey, Treacy, Hoolahan at a stretch. The poor lad is just too feeble.

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 11:08am
Good to hear, who knows he could maybe make some squads if he starts playing as well up at Tannadice as he did in his previous spell. He's had a rough go of it...move to Celtic was a terrible decision

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

Good to hear, who knows he could maybe make some squads if he starts playing as well up at Tannadice as he did in his previous spell. He's had a rough go of it...move to Celtic was a terrible decision
Absolutely brutal, spending that money on him when it could have been spent on Fletcher cost us the league that year

-------------

Posted By: yapster
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 1:47pm
Flood is an honest grafter but that is all he is...

-------------
They are all w**kers. john lydon.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

James McCarthy is ten times the player Willo Flood is what are you talking about...

He hasnt much hope getting in our midfield thats for sure , maybe a squad player at best...We have so many better options than this guy!!!
Mc Cann hasn't played in a green shirt since he deserted the team claiming that being on the ROI subs bench was a waste of his time-two hours before kickoff in 2007! Mc Carthy-I'm fed up talking about(and I don't care how good you guys claim he is.) Finally Green Devil I stick by my point- give me ten Mc Carthys for one player with some HEART and I would choose the likes of Willo any day! I'd rather a PLAYER than a NO-SHOW any day!

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 5:57pm
ClapGwan Willo more power to ye boyClap ClapClapClapClap

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: BoboDub
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 3:14am

I've seen a few players that don't deserve caps who got caps and I wouldn't mind being one of them even.

Is he actually saying he wants to be a player who gets a cap despite not deserving one??? Big smile

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 6:09am
Originally posted by BoboDub BoboDub wrote:

Originally posted by SBoboDub SBoboDub wrote:

I've seen a few players that don't deserve caps who got caps and I wouldn't mind being one of them even.

Is he actually saying he wants to be a player who gets a cap despite not deserving one??? Big smile
See? I can be childish too.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 12:59pm

Mc Cann hasn't played in a green shirt since he deserted the team claiming that being on the ROI subs bench was a waste of his time-two hours before kickoff in 2007! Mc Carthy-I'm fed up talking about(and I don't care how good you guys claim he is.) Finally Green Devil I stick by my point- give me ten Mc Carthys for one player with some HEART and I would choose the likes of Willo any day! I'd rather a PLAYER than a NO-SHOW any day!

Yes that was with the under 21s so it has nothing got to do with the senior squad....It was also 4 years ago and we've a new manager in place so its a pretty pointless argument tbh!!

Well pal dont expect us to qualify for any tournaments soon if we're dropping the likes of McCarthy for Willo Flood....Id rather Trap kept looking at younger hunger players than trying to see if the likes of Flood can cut it at international level...

-------------

Posted By: Weser777
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 1:12pm
If Willo can play for Ireland, then I have a chance too!!

-------------
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:04am

Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

Absolutely brutal, spending that money on him when it could have been spent on Fletcher cost us the league that year
Us? Flood never played for City!

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:52pm

Yes that was with the under 21s so it has nothing got to do with the senior squad....It was also 4 years ago and we've a new manager in place so its a pretty pointless argument tbh!!

Well pal dont expect us to qualify for any tournaments soon if we're dropping the likes of McCarthy for Willo Flood....Id rather Trap kept looking at younger hunger players than trying to see if the likes of Flood can cut it at international level...

And how the hell do you "drop" a player who's not there anyway?? "Younger and hungrier players.."??? My point exactly!!!Angry Your splitting hairs Greendevil. My argument isn't pointless- it's very valid and I heartily support ANY young chap with a good heart and ambitions to match. They're a frigging dying breed these days and should be applauded and given sound encouragement and backing every step of the way whether they can make it or not, Which by the way is a matter of personal opinion!

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:16pm
If every Irish player that had a row with Don Givens was ignored for future Irish squads, we'd struggle to field a team.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Drummerboy Drummerboy wrote:

If every Irish player that had a row with Don Givens was ignored for future Irish squads, we'd struggle to field a team.
Too true unfortunately. Spoilt pampered generation of young Celtic tiger gits mostly imo.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:01pm
ClapWehoutcha Willo Boy! Keep hold of those dreams son. All the way boy. All the wayClapClapThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:02pm

And how the hell do you "drop" a player who's not there anyway?? "Younger and hungrier players.."??? My point exactly!!!Angry Your splitting hairs Greendevil. My argument isn't pointless- it's very valid and I heartily support ANY young chap with a good heart and ambitions to match. They're a frigging dying breed these days and should be applauded and given sound encouragement and backing every step of the way whether they can make it or not, Which by the way is a matter of personal opinion!

Ambtion and being realistic are two very different things!!

James McCarthy has had more than one genuine reason to not be included for selection , he remains our brightest prospect and can also cut it in the EPL....So are you telling me McCarthy isnt there with the Irish set up and wont be in the future Confused 

Younger and hungrier players who can cut it at international level , if Willo Flood is our answer we may aswell give up!! He did well at Dundee Untied but he failed at Man City , Celtic , Cardiff and Boro so you would rather this guy in our squad over a young player with potential???!!

I dont want Flood to fail obviously not , i want him to get back on track with Dundee United and have a good club career but he isnt good enough for Ireland his club record has shown that...

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:05pm

ClapWehoutcha Willo Boy! Keep hold of those dreams son. All the way boy. All the wayClapClapThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Seriously???!!

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:21pm

Thats great.
Lets get more players like Flood on board and subject ourselves to abject failure for the next few decades.

In football you have to be brutal. You need the best XI on the pitch at all times.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:26pm
  I have nothing against McCarthy having a bright future with us Greenforever and Shamtheram. In fact I've already stated on other threads that I hope he hasn't permenantly damaged his international future with us and I'm quite sure he hasn't anyway. Of course you forgive these guys but don't forget. Realisticlly speaking James- no matter how good he is has had a string of no-shows. His development as a player in the squad has therefore not progressed which means that he's slowed up the development of the entire team. Trap certainly seems to have been trying to fast track the kid into the centre of our midfield. Surely during all that time another player- not necessarily Willo but someone with that drive has also lost out on his place due to it being taken by the constantly missing Mr McCarthy.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:31pm
Clap

Wehoutcha Willo Boy! Keep hold of those dreams son. All the way boy. All the wayClapClapThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
ClapClapClap

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 11:02pm
Good attitude to have but I cant ever see him getting into the squad. He's a decent little player but doesnt have enough.

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:20pm
Suggestions he is being seriously considered for MONs first squad.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:22pm
Think the bad weather has gone to your head fella

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:54pm
Jaysus

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:57pm
Makes Whelan look like Iniesta.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:00pm
You do realise he's a right winger and not a central midfielder.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:05pm
Jaysus

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You do realise he's a right winger and not a central midfielder.

I doubt he does!

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:21pm
Horse how sad are you....the need to pull everyone up...you seriously need to go out and pick up a guy/girl.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:41pm
Why don't you stop talking sh*te for a change.

It's quite clear you've never seen him play before, yet your very quick to comment on how poor you 'think' he is.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:45pm
I havnt seen Willo play in years
Saw him play under age for us a long time ago ,seems to be around forever

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:18pm
Horse you are an absolute clown....trying to defend Flood because of something I said...you clearly haven't followed him..very limited player that would bring down the standard of the squad..harsh but true.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:22pm
I'm not defending him and I think he is nowhere near the standard required to make the squad.

I'm just pulling you up on the fact that you don't even know what position he plays.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:36pm
Horse give it up..I know where he plays..it was a joke statement...give it a rest you are a bore now..the amount of times you try to pull up posters here is pathetic..you have no creadability and will never be a moderator on the forum.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:36pm
Honest lad but not international standard.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

We have a few of them already tho

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Horse give it up..I know where he plays..it was a joke statement...give it a rest you are a bore now..the amount of times you try to pull up posters here is pathetic..you have no creadability and will never be a moderator on the forum.

It wasn't a joke though.

Why bother comment on a player you know nothing about.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Patman Scoop
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:51pm

It wasn't a joke though.

you hear that Horse ? the dream is over LOL

-------------
Why no wine??!

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

We have a few of them already tho

Too many in the Trap era, would hope O Neill doesn't follow suit

-------------

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:57pm

Keane was at the game last weekend - Flood and Robson were joint MOTM but it was easy for them as aberdeens 3 mids steamrolled Celtics 2 (one a brand new playmaker)

Flood has always been a nippy anklebiting wasp of a centre mid

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Keane was at the game last weekend - Flood and Robson were joint MOTM but it was easy for them as aberdeens 3 mids steamrolled Celtics 2 (one a brand new playmaker)

Horsebox says he a right winger,so which is it?

-------------

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Horsebox says he a right winger,so which is it?

He's played both, played more as a cm throughout his career though I'd say. Good athlete, but skill wise probably not good enough for international football.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:19pm
254 apps 11 goals more than 50% of those apps being in the SPL

I can't think of any legitimate reason footballing wise he warrants a call-up

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:24pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWJsI0m7he0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWJsI0m7he0

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:51pm
Why the big long faces (if it's true)? He can't possibly be all that bad. It's a friendly. Let's take a look at him. Best of luck Willo!!

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:38pm
It's not that he's that bad, he's just not very good.  

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:47pm

Why the big long faces (if it's true)? He can't possibly be all that bad. It's a friendly. Lets take a look at him. Best of luck Willo!!

the most positive man in the world, I'd say you'd let Paul Green, Willo flood and every other sh*te Irish player tag team your missus just for an autograph

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:09am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Why the big long faces (if it's true)? He can't possibly be all that bad. It's a friendly. Lets take a look at him. Best of luck Willo!!

the most positive man in the world, I'd say you'd let Paul Green, Willo flood and every other sh*te Irish player tag team your missus just for an autograph

Naah Bud. She's happy enough with the one.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 1:15am
he didnt look like a footballer was very skinny i recalled,  will be 29 soon, dont know, he was quick but Eire needs to open the playing pool, would do better on the right hand side than keogh or cox , but i am open to it,  some irish guys are really into the brit games  from premier league more than the ones involving your countrymen,  who the fcuk cares where the guy plays as long as he performs for the national team,  football is all about confidence and the built of your own momentum,

Some irish lads, please, you  still believe the negativity left by Trapattoni, a guy I think he was an ok to average manager for the national team, but not successful for ireland at all,  he wasnt better than Brian Kerr, to put it in words, in my opinion.  He left a few positives like order, and shape and mentality, but I could have done that and he was getting too much from big fat old good money

Ireland national team, should fear no one, check what Juan Pizzi is doing for Valencia, they won at Nou-Camp the other day, and they kicked , pressed high,  counter attacked, attacked, blocked, they respected Barcelona by not respecting them at all, that's rule number 1 in the beautiful game, anything can happen during 90 + minutes, this old game aint NBA , TENNIS , or RUGBY sh*t

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

It wasn't a joke though.

you hear that Horse ? the dream is over LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

he didnt look like a footballer was very skinny i recalled,  will be 29 soon, dont know, he was quick but Eire needs to open the playing pool, would do better on the right hand side than keogh or cox , but i am open to it,  some irish guys are really into the brit games  from premier league more than the ones involving your countrymen,  who the fcuk cares where the guy plays as long as he performs for the national team,  football is all about confidence and the built of your own momentum,

he is not a right midfielder. His success at Aberdeen has been from playing a holding midfielder role.

From what I've seen he is a tidy player these days - retains possession well and does alright winning it back. I've watched a few of his games since he played against UCD in a pre season friendly before this current season. Is he good enough for Ireland? To be honest I'm not sure. If he has impressed Roy I'm sure he will watch him again and get a better look. It might be worth calling him up and seeing what he can offer us

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 7:51pm
Doesn't sound like the worst midfielder we've ever had in our engine room. Consistent form, good feet, personality..

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/mcinnes-believes-flood-can-step-up-30007706.html

I don't know. Might these be traits MON would value/develop?

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:38pm
Flood just isn't good enough for the national side. Honest hardworking pro but that's about it. We should be trying out players 8-10 years younger than him in friendlies.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:44pm
Tis all just pure speculation anyway. Still intriguing the way it got into media.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:58pm

Tis all just pure speculation anyway. Still intriguing the way it got into media.

Not really, Keane was there to watch Stokes who didn't play well and Flood played well for Aberdeen who won the game.

Plus there wasn't exactly a huge number of Irish players in either side.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:02pm

Not really, Keane was there to watch Stokes who didn't play well and Flood played well for Aberdeen who won the game.

Ah.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:10pm

Ah.

The standard in the SPL is as bad as it ever was, Aberdeen to their credit are doing well this season but let's call a spade a spade, he will never be the answer nor judging by his club career will be good enough for international football.

I'd rather give Samir, Murray, Hoban etc a chance to impress than a 29 year old journeyman.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:25pm

Ah.

The standard in the SPL is as bad as it ever was, Aberdeen to their credit are doing well this season but let's call a spade a spade, he will never be the answer nor judging by his club career will be good enough for international football.

I'd rather give Samir, Murray, Hoban etc a chance to impress than a 29 year old journeyman.

utter bollox - the standard in the spfl has been excellent this year

there were 4 Irish players on the pitch

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:31pm

Ah.

Bullsh*t Tony.

The calibre of player plying their trade in Scotland is at an all time low, how you can ignore that is madness.

Take a look at how Scottish teams faired in Europe this season.

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 4:02pm

Ah.

Bullsh*t Tony.

The calibre of player plying their trade in Scotland is at an all time low, how you can ignore that is madness.

Take a look at how Scottish teams faired in Europe this season.

Tony, you are delusional if ye think the standard is good in the spl. It's nearly on par with the loi at this stage with the exception of Celtic.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 4:21pm
the quote that i was replying to was "The standard in the SPL is as bad as it ever was"

which is complete and utter bollox, very fecking lazy too

great season so far

join me in its thread then folks

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:30pm
As I said I've been keeping an eye out for Flood this season Tony, the standard is very poor - I'm sure it's entertaining for a Celtic fan

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:56am
Willo is a sound chap!

Had a great chat with him for the radio show and podcast this week and he gives good insight into the problems with underage football in Ireland compared to Scotland where he is an agent now ,He's also told me a mad story about getting robbed at knifepoint by a Man City fan and how he was treated at Celtic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWilNs9d6t0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWilNs9d6t0

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:07am
Played against us in school football years ago and always remember thinking this fella is going to be world class and would look out for his progress.

Never quite made it consistently at the top but decent career for himself. 

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 12:03pm
Interesting interview. Particularly the part where he talked about not playing enough football between 19 and 21. A lot of our current younger players falling into the same trap as he did - Connell, Coventry, Kilkenny and so on.

Especially the players that have come through the Irish system. As he says, they're already behind and playing catch up when they go over so they need to be playing games regularly from 19, 20 onwards.

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Interesting interview. Particularly the part where he talked about not playing enough football between 19 and 21. A lot of our current younger players falling into the same trap as he did - Connell, Coventry, Kilkenny and so on.

Especially the players that have come through the Irish system. As he says, they're already behind and playing catch up when they go over so they need to be playing games regularly from 19, 20 onwards.

Very true , He brought it up a few times and it was interesting to hear that the training methods hadn't changed since his days at Cherry Orchard.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net