Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=2984
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Congrads Padraig
Posted By: Honey Monster
Subject: Congrads Padraig
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 12:32pm
Didnt think he had it in him, especially with the injury, but that is an incredible achievement Clap

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 12:42pm
yeah, fair play to him. That's two years in a row I've sat on a couch watching golf for the most of the weekend, blaming him for it all.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 12:42pm
Great stuff, and as a former member of Stackstown, Padraig I salute you

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 12:49pm
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fair play to him, ehhh

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 1:24pm
good man Paddy ye scouserBig%20smile

what odds was he last week with the dodgy hand? anyone stick a few quid on him?
was norman savage odds aswell before the start?

-------------

Posted By: tirchonaill
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

he was low as 12/1 start of last week but when word of injury was out, he could have been got for 33/1 on wednesday evening.

Fair play to him anyhow, as garcia probably threw it away last year but harrington won it well down the back 9 this time.. ( to be honest i was hoping he would come 2nd as had poulter backed)Embarrassed

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 4:27am
Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

he was low as 12/1 start of last week but when word of injury was out, he could have been got for 33/1 on wednesday evening.

Fair play to him anyhow, as garcia probably threw it away last year but harrington won it well down the back 9 this time.. ( to be honest i was hoping he would come 2nd as had poulter backed)Embarrassed

AngryAngry Bad form that. Starting to  sound like a premiership player - money before country

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:11am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

[QUOTE=The Count] 

AngryAngry Bad form that. Starting to  sound like a premiership player - money before country

Maybe yer loaded billy Tonguebut i would rather have had the €757(if poulter won)  instead of the €157 i got for him 2nd..

I see Padraig up to 3rd in the world now as wellClap but even if he was to win next 2 majors he would not overhaul tiger as no.1.

Posted By: The Rovers
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:45am
Same here, i had 30 euro each way on poulter, would be loaded today if he had of won, still win  a nice few bob though. Congrats harrington, u c**t!!

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:50am
Obviously the Flora pro active challenge does wonders...

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:54am
Originally posted by The Rovers The Rovers wrote:

Same here, i had 30 euro each way on poulter, would be loaded today if he had of won, still win  a nice few bob though. Congrats harrington, u c**t!!

€30ew, fookShocked, ye must have been gutted when harrington drove that 2nd shot to within 4 feet on the 17th, as that was the killer blow.

Posted By: The Rovers
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:01am
yeah at 80/1, when he went joint leader, started to think he could actually win it and then got my hopes up, ye was gutted when harro hit that beauty on the 17th, was hard cheerin for poulter against harrington. 

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:08am
i had 8 euro on harrington , my first golf bet since the ryder cup and possible my only non ryder cup bet ever

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:23am
at what price Milla?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:30am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i had 8 euro on harrington , my first golf bet since the ryder cup and possible my only non ryder cup bet ever

big turn around there RM, considering yer quote a few days ago

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i know nothign about golf lads so have no wisdom to impart

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:41am
11.5 lads , as i said i know nothign about the game , theys why i only bet 8 euros as i had 208.16 in me account and decided to go mad with the 8.16!

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:44am
from now on Milla, you send me an email before you make anymore bets you jammy git!

-------------

Posted By: Tash Kent
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:48am

Will be a long time before Woods is not worlds leading golfer but great achievement by Padraig Thumbs%20UpClapClap, was at the Leinster final so only saw the last few holes but played those well and looked like he had the nerves under control compared to last year.

That shot on the 17th reminded me of the Christy O’Connor one that won the Ryder Cup, absolute class that was as well, lads forget about the money and just enjoy the Irish victory he is one of Irelands all time greatest sports people and defending the title not done since 1906 I think so very impressive that.

Think we will see a lot of other golfers come here to prepare for next years open on our courses worked well for Padraig the last two years.

-------------
Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 7:22am

YE, he will go down in Irish folklore now.  Some experts thought he was mad playing in Ireland and missing Scottish open but as you say Tash could be a good few coming to Ireland to acclimatise to conditions, should come to Donegal, guaranteed rain and wind every dayBig%20smile

Posted By: Tash Kent
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 8:14am

The tiger even came here to prepare for the open so others should look and learn, the media will just leave people alone here as well, jaysus you could get those conditions anywhere in Ireland but agree Donegal a fine spot for a bit of wind, that European club in Wicklow he won the Irish PGA title on recently is notorious as well when the wind starts blowin, he won that with +1 total so would say that was similar to Birkdale given the mad wind conditions especially Saturday.

-------------
Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 9:14am
backed harrington and Dublin double...harrington goes and bogeys the next three holes...what a finish though

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 4:27pm
Well Done Padraig Clap

Rounding off a great day for Dublin:

RTÉ.ie%20Sport:%20Pádraig%20Harrington%20holds%20the%20Claret%20Jug%20aloft%20%28in%20his%20right%20hand!%29%20

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net