Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=29704
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:05pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Super Injunctions
Posted By: t_rAndy
Subject: Super Injunctions
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:55am
Apparently the name of the footballer who your one from big brother was with was leaked on the net? Anyone know who it is?
Also there was something else on twitter about cheating footballers that was removed, anyone know what that was all about?

Replies:
Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:56am
Yeah I got it sent over it's Robbie Savage

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Siralex
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:56am
Are you serious T-rAndy.......?

Me granny knows who was having the affair with Imogen Thomas..

-------------
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:58am
Talks of Giggs

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:59am
T-rAndy...........

Yesterdays news.......Next week.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:02am

f**king hell I only asked a bleeding question! I was busy all week and gargling for the weekend!

So it's Savage yeah? Who were the others named on Twitter?

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:03am
Its Giggs isnt it?

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:04am
Jack Charlton was named as the footballer on twitter. Apparently he's been having it off with her regularly. Told his wife he was going fishing.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:05am
I heard it was Robbie Keane....can't remember which print I read it in.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

f**king hell I only asked a bleeding question! I was busy all week and gargling for the weekend!

So it's Savage yeah? Who were the others named on Twitter?
But where were you for the month before that?

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: seaniemac
Jesus Andy! All you have to do is do a search for Imogen Thomas on Google, click on more down the left hand side, then realtime and look at all the twitter comments.

Here's the twitter account naming all the guilty parties (allegedly!)
http://twitter.com/#!/injunctionsuper - http://twitter.com/#!/injunctionsuper

Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:10am
Good stuff Seanie! See that is easier.

And Sham, I was obviously not that arsed until today to find out who the player was.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:11am
So it appears to be Giggsy Shocked

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:28am
Mrs Doyle also up to no good!

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:28am
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/20/twitter-sued-by-footballer-over-privacy - http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/20/twitter-sued-by-footballer-over-privacy

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:35am
What gives a person a right to a super injunction?

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

If he's willing to play away then he should be man enough to face the consequences!

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Mafi Mushkila Mafi Mushkila wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

If he's willing to play away then he should be man enough to face the consequences!

+1

He deserves everything he gets IMO.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by colemany2k colemany2k wrote:

I heard it was Robbie Keane....can't remember which print I read it in.

He was photographed at the opening of a London boutique, with Imogen Thomas and his own wife. 

2=2 =10 LOL

Posted By: Discopants
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 11:41am
The Sunday Herald in Scotland have published a censored picture of the footballer, can anyone guess who it is?Big smile

http://twitpic.com/50z730 - http://twitpic.com/50z730

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 1:20pm
It looks like the fella who wears the No.11 for Man Utd Tongue

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:00am
As far as I know it is not against the law to have an affair.  It should be none of our business what anyone gets up to in their private life, unless they are in a public postion and they have made family values statements etc on policy issues. 

I think the French and Germans and Spanish have the right idea with their privacy laws and unfortunately countries like the States and the UK and now Ireland are going down this trashy horrible road. 

Its none of our business who a player has consentsual sex with. 

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:07am
Giles Coren, the writer for the Times (the guy who does those programmes about olden days food with Sue Perkins) is being sued by a different Premier League footballer.

Apparently this other player has also taken out an injunction to cover an affair, Coren wrote a number of tweets about him during the FA Cup final, I think the tweets have now been deleted, he's got the same lawyer as Gig umm the Imogen Thomas guy, I'm not sure if that's because they play in the same town. By my reckoning he's at least the 4th England international to have a so called super injunction (Terry, Cole and Beckham being the others).

One of the tweets described him as a sh*t midfielder, I wonder if the fact that he's suing for revealing his identity is therefore an admission that he is sh*t.

If these two clowns had just ignored what was happening online instead of trying to sue twitter and a fairly high profile writer then the whole thing would eventually have blown over.
The other people involved with secret injunctions are keeping a low profile, and everyone has forgotten all about them while the two footballers make tits of themselves.

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Balf.airy Balf.airy wrote:

As far as I know it is not against the law to have an affair.  It should be none of our business what anyone gets up to in their private life, unless they are in a public postion and they have made family values statements etc on policy issues. 

I think the French and Germans and Spanish have the right idea with their privacy laws and unfortunately countries like the States and the UK and now Ireland are going down this trashy horrible road. 

The issue with these so-called Super Injunctions is that they are used to not only stop reporting of something, but also to stop the reporting of the fact that there is an injunction. If they're being used to cover up wrong doing by companies (e.g. the Trafigura case), politicians, or any other individual then that is a major issue. But if you're not allowed to know about them you don't know if they are covering up serious wrong-doing.

The people in question are getting "super-injunctions", not because the story isn't true (if that was the case they could wait for publication and sue for libel) but because they are true and the revelations could cause loss of earnings (because they trade on their nice guy images).
This guy is quite happy to let Imogen Thomas get hounded by paparazzi and press as long as he isn't mentioned in the UK press. His wife obviously knows about this, so it's not like he's doing it to protect her, he's simply trying to protect his income from sponsorship etc.
If he didn't want to have his private life aired in public then he should have kept his dick in his pants. He failed to do so, now he has to face the consequences. If he had just admitted to it, it would have been long forgotten by now.

I couldn't give a f**k who he has shagged, it's the hypocrasy I can't stand.

At the end of the day, you either have freedom of the press or you don't. If there are activities being suppressed by courts that mean the press can't do their job (and I mean serious stuff, not celebrity gossip) then that is a major problem.

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by Balf.airy Balf.airy wrote:

The issue with these so-called Super Injunctions is that they are used to not only stop reporting of something, but also to stop the reporting of the fact that there is an injunction. If they're being used to cover up wrong doing by companies (e.g. the Trafigura case), politicians, or any other individual then that is a major issue. But if you're not allowed to know about them you don't know if they are covering up serious wrong-doing.

The people in question are getting "super-injunctions", not because the story isn't true (if that was the case they could wait for publication and sue for libel) but because they are true and the revelations could cause loss of earnings (because they trade on their nice guy images).
This guy is quite happy to let Imogen Thomas get hounded by paparazzi and press as long as he isn't mentioned in the UK press. His wife obviously knows about this, so it's not like he's doing it to protect her, he's simply trying to protect his income from sponsorship etc.
If he didn't want to have his private life aired in public then he should have kept his dick in his pants. He failed to do so, now he has to face the consequences. If he had just admitted to it, it would have been long forgotten by now.

I couldn't give a f**k who he has shagged, it's the hypocrasy I can't stand.

At the end of the day, you either have freedom of the press or you don't. If there are activities being suppressed by courts that mean the press can't do their job (and I mean serious stuff, not celebrity gossip) then that is a major problem.

And how does this classify as ''serious stuff''ConfusedConfused.
It's their private lives, absolutely nothing got to do with the public.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

I think what he means is that these sort of 'super-injunctions' in general are dangerous. In this instance, it is being used to cover up celebrity gossip. However, they can also be used to cover up more serious issues.

I think Hosay has an excellent point to be honest - you either have free press or you don't. Unfortunately in countries like the U.K and the States - money talks, and those that have it can generally buy themselves out of trouble. Should be the same rule for all - down with super-injunctions! Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I think what he means is that these sort of 'super-injunctions' in general are dangerous. In this instance, it is being used to cover up celebrity gossip. However, they can also be used to cover up more serious issues.

I think Hosay has an excellent point to be honest - you either have free press or you don't. Unfortunately in countries like the U.K and the States - money talks, and those that have it can generally buy themselves out of trouble. Should be the same rule for all - down with super-injunctions! Thumbs Down

Yep, that's exactly what I mean.

I think that court proceedings should only be secret in exceptional circumstances (protection of children in abuse cases for example), for the most part they should be open and public. So while you can get an injunction temporarily stopping publication of something, the fact that you have been in court to get an injunction should not be secret, and any injunction should be temporary only.
The Daily Star Sunday published a list of all the anonymous/super injunctions that they were aware of (they basically got a reporter to go through the list of injunctions against the paper). There were something like 50 in total. One of them involved someone who is now dead, but the injunction still holds, it's a farce.

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:43am
Lads this is the same line the papers have used.

Its a false dichotomy.  

You can have a free press, and not have reporting of tittle tattle and the private lives of celebrity.  Many European countries have free press but do not report this sort of rubbish because they have laws that prevent it. France being a leading example.  There is no reason in hell that you cannot have a law that allows reporting of so called serious stuff but prevents tabloidesque reporting of the private lives of private citizens whether they are famous or not.  Just because somebody is famous or earns lots of money does not mean they are fair game to having their private lives reported in the paper, in the same way you would not like it done of you if you were having an affair.  As I said there is a big difference between the public interest and what the public are interested.

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:09am

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:09am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hemming_%28politician%29 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hemming_(politician)

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:18am
How come posts are still being deleted, genuine question. Is it not public knowledge since it was announced in parliament and being beemed around news wires??

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:19am
John Hemming Thumbs Down

Posted By: petej1963
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Jack Charlton was named as the footballer on twitter. Apparently he's been having it off with her regularly. Told his wife he was going fishing.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:58pm
http://europeansportsnews.paddypower.com/index.php?fn=Luke+&ln=Chaf.airy&nc=Coppers - http://europeansportsnews.paddypower.com/index.php?fn=Luke+&ln=Chaf.airy&nc=Coppers

Never would of thought of it being him LOL

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:01pm
Some Brit MP named Giggsy under Parliamentary Privilege, so finally this farce is over.  Giggs was an idiot to go getting injunctions, it was ALWAYS gonna come out.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:24pm
There is apparently 80 super injunctions currently issued by the courts.......thats a lot of newspaper space.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:30pm
Tomorrows Mirror headline;

'Naming Private Ryan'

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:39pm
This Guy has it all, And then he risks his Legendary Status for a Fling, Plus his wife and family,? Gobsh*teDead

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

This Guy has it all, And then he risks his Legendary Status for a Fling, Plus his wife and family,? Gobsh*teDead
 The mans only human!

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:56pm

The mans only human!
HaBig smileMy Missus hasnt got stretch Marks like that and and shes twice her ageLOLClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:59pm

Giggsy was silly but Jaysus she's some bod/rack on her, I can understand why he did.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 6:07pm

The mans only human!
HaBig smileMy Missus hasnt got stretch Marks like that and and shes twice her ageLOLClap

LOLClap

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:57am
apparently they are making a movie about the super injunction footballer affair. "Saving Ryan's Privates" will be in cinemas soon ! 

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:13pm
Can't believe SSN are still running the "Giggs misses open training" story........yeah..........he's 37 and playing a match vs Juventus later on in the day. He's hardly going to train in the morning!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:04pm
Imogen how bad he feels today.

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:02am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Can't believe SSN are still running the "Giggs misses open training" story........yeah..........he's 37 and playing a match vs Juventus later on in the day. He's hardly going to train in the morning!

Busy week for him he 'll be in a Champions league final and Big Brother Quarter finalistWink   

Date Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:30am
Great Picture !!

Date Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:49am
Ryan Giggs today admitted to suffering from homesickness, saying that even though he's happy in Manchester he does Miss Wales occasionally.

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:43am
Ryan Giggs wife has left him and taken half of everything. She now has six more league titles than Steven Gerrard!

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Ryan Giggs wife has left him and taken half of everything. She now has six more league titles than Steven Gerrard!

LOL

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:25am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394676/Irish-paper-flouts-gag-love-cheat-star-used-court-order-cover-infidelity.html - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394676/Irish-paper-flouts-gag-love-cheat-star-used-court-order-cover-infidelity.html

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:30am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394676/Irish-paper-flouts-gag-love-cheat-star-used-court-order-cover-infidelity.html - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394676/Irish-paper-flouts-gag-love-cheat-star-used-court-order-cover-infidelity.html

Do you know what paper it was or who it was?

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:30am
Mrs Doyle and Frank Gallager

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:32am
Mrs Doyle and Frank from Shameless

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=14898&PHPSESSID=568f97e43eb453f8cef1b51ff972e11f - http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=14898&PHPSESSID=568f97e43eb453f8cef1b51ff972e11f

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:47am
looks like clean cut and model pro Giggsy who kept himself to himself for years is actually a bigger scumbag than John Terry
Shaggin the brothers wife for 8 years, doesnt get much lower

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:48am

Source ?

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:50am
every paper today

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 8:13am
All over the red tops in England earlier. apparently Giggs has done a runner to the continent to keep his head down. It is the red tops, but they had serious detail

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 8:25am
His brothers wife has gone running to the papers and has started spouting sh*te. No secret investigation by the papers, it seems to be just a claim more than anything at the moment.

I reckon she's only looking for money and attention myself.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 8:40am

His brothers wife has gone running to the papers and has started spouting sh*te. No secret investigation by the papers, it seems to be just a claim more than anything at the moment.

what a surprise, im sure if the cheat in question was Steven Gerrard you wouldnt believe that either! LOL

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

what a surprise, im sure if the cheat in question was Steven Gerrard you wouldnt believe that either! LOL
Well normally these moths have pictures or txts!

I've seen enough of these stories to not be fooled easily.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 8:57am
are their not quotes from his brother talking about him splitting with the wife because of it?

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 2:40pm
I'm pretty sure mrs Doyle is married to her agent

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by AndyMc AndyMc wrote:

I'm pretty sure mrs Doyle is married to her agent

and ?

Confused

-------------

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 2:18pm
Ryan Giggs has launched legal action against the News of the World over claims his mobile phone was hacked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13785977 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13785977

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net