Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=29455
Printed Date: 14 May 2024 at 5:50am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2nd May Fixtures
Posted By: Honey Monster
Subject: 2nd May Fixtures
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:14am
Listening to Dundalk and Rovers game on Dundawk FM. Entertaining stuff so far, the commentary and not the game that is.

http://tunein.com/radio/Dundalk-FM-1000-s46965/ - http://tunein.com/radio/Dundalk-FM-1000-s46965/

-------------

Replies:
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:16am
1 nil Rovers, Sheppard

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:37am
1-1, Byrne peno

-------------

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:42am
http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12554/1/

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 9:12am
http://twitter.com/#!/dundalkfc

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 10:41am
peers off for sligo, should've been off on Friday aswell- sligo 2-0 up

we play like we did against Sligo drogs will be no problem

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:08am
4 reds 12 yellows and 2 penos in the Sligo-Derry game.

Finished 3-0 to Sligo.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:16am
delighted with that point, was fearing the worst until i seen our line up, was a bit more confident after that, was really expecting hawkins and byrne to be out

was a decent game i thought considering the conditions, wind was terrible but thought we coped better with it, rovers probably could of had a peno at the end but fcuk them, we more than deserved our point today

michael o'neill senf off at oriel again Thumbs Down

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:28am
Not going to go off on a mad one untill I see it again but holy jaysus it looked like a stonewall peno! Your pen was soft Shoco imo.

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:31am
couldnt really see ours, actually thought it was murray who comitted the foul until i read the report

ah id say its safe to go off on a mad one, thought it was a def peno and so did everyone on orielweb, bout time we got some decisions

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:35am
Some of the yellows dished out were unreal. Shocking performance from that midget ****. Will probably be no mention of the **** on mns either. Everytime I go to that kip I leave pissed off ! f**king hate the place

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:38am
in fairness yous would probably have missed the peno anyway so no big deal, nah think mns will just show the goals. ah dude you love it, how sh*t would your season be without a trip to oriel

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:46am
Always leave there feeling hard done by! Unbeliveable that the lino didn't give it either! This will be at me all week. Dean Kelly would have buried the peno

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 1:49pm
1-0 Galway.

Shane Keogh.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 2:55pm
MNS hardly ever review a refereeing performance, probably banned by the FAI from doing so, the standard of reffing in this country is so bad it's critical and I say that not only with decisions that go against Rovers but for us as well, did these goons ever actually PLAY the game?

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 3:07pm
2-0 lead blown. 5-2 down now.

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 3:32pm
Just showed the 2 goals and the Sheppard incident on MNS, hard for me to make out whether Shep was fouled but the reaction certainly suggests it was a pen, O'Neill must hate Oriel Park.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: garytwigg21
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:01pm
Disgusted we didn't come home with 3 points today, should have at least 2 if not 3 penalties. Sheppard clearly fouled in the box and another handled on the line that wasn't given. I was standing right behind the goal, as clear as f**king day. Steveie Wonder would have given a penalty. The referee made some horrendous decisions yet again, booked Dennehy for a high foot, no less than a minute later, Gaynor does the same thing and referee gives the free but no card?? Didn't give us anything all day, as per usual in that hellhole off a place.

-------------
This time next year........

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Just showed the 2 goals and the Sheppard incident on MNS, hard for me to make out whether Shep was fouled but the reaction certainly suggests it was a pen, O'Neill must hate Oriel Park.

oriel hates him too, hes an absolute cock

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:22pm
much relieved to get the 3 points.

Posted By: The Big Club
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:37pm
We deserved a point  if not 3

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:47pm
Strange old game for us against Derry tonight. 4 red cards and a heap of yellows, and it wasnt even a dirty game. Would be easy to blame the ref for being over fussy but in truth most cards were deserved. Derry didnt turn up really and we put in more effort after losing the previous two.

Posted By: DG80
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:51pm
entertaining game in inchicore.we didnt deserve to be 2 down. definate peno for galway. honestly, we could have scored 10.missed an opener, had 2 offside and our striker stopped a shot on the galway line.

-------------
cup champions

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:56pm
We cant defendCry

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:36pm

Another loss Qman. Any signs of hope at all?

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

oriel hates him too, hes an absolute cock

LOL

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 3:50am
comfortable win for us even being 2 down we were always the better side.
Don't think our keeper had a goal kick in 2nd half never mind a save and as DG80 said could have easily been 10

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 3:55am

Reflects badly on Rovers only getting 1 on Friday, I thought it was the worst Galway team I've seen in years, albeit with a load of young fellas which is always difficult.  We shoulda had 4 or 5 also.

-------------

Posted By: MariborKev
Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:11am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Strange old game for us against Derry tonight. 4 red cards and a heap of yellows, and it wasnt even a dirty game. Would be easy to blame the ref for being over fussy but in truth most cards were deserved. Derry didnt turn up really and we put in more effort after losing the previous two.

Agreed, but you weren't three goals better than us.

Even when we were down to 9, Doherty didn't really have that many saves to make(one from Blinkhorn).  Then when we gave away the second peno it was game over, I was surprised that McDaid was let stay on the pitch.

Seems to be fair bit of tension between some of your players- Ryan in particular was going mental at some of his team mates.

Posted By: Cotsy
Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 7:16am
We did very well to come back and get a draw. Bray are not where they are by fluke, tidy side they are. In the end i felt we deserved the win but was delighted we got the draw, a bohs fan aswell with the leveller Clap

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:54am
we were wank again CryCryCryCry

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

every week it gets worse i honetsly cant see us gettign a win this season CryCryCry

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:25am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

every week it gets worse i honetsly cant see us gettign a win this season CryCryCry

I missed the junkies match on Friday, but lastnight was awful at times.

I think its pretty definite we’re gona come last now – and I think its pretty definite we’ll lose the play off aswel

Next 4 matches for us are sligo, bohs,rovers and derry – we are f*cked

We are seriously sh*te!

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:31am
What crowds are drogs getting?
Is the will gone to keep going?

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:32am
sounds very depressing!!

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

We’re probably getting 700/800 ‘home’ supporters (crowd obviously doubled when rovers came to town) – so it depends on away fans after that

The sh*te going on off the pitch and the way supporters were treated during the ‘glory’ days ripped the soul out of the club and has never returned imo.

Before the glory days we used get decent gates when in relegation battles (usually around the 1200 mark maybe) and got roughly the same crowds as we are this season (well the number of home fans!!) in the first division over the years (bar the season we came 2nd last).

But I know pleanty of supporters who used support us non stop for years before the ‘glory days’ – even lads that were there when we came 2nd last in the first division – who stopped going altogether during the ‘glory days’ as a result of the way they thought supporters were treated at times!

Not good here at the moment at all – they’ve barred a few of the young lads now (about 10 of them I think!) cos of holding up a banner against dundalk. Really think any enthusiasm from young lads should be encouraged, rather than going on an ego trip and barring them for f*ck all! If they keep p*ssing people off again, there’ll be nobody up there in a few weeks – worst crowd in years we brought to Belfield lastnight – sign of things to come probably

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I missed the junkies match on Friday, but lastnight was awful at times.

I think its pretty definite we’re gona come last now – and I think its pretty definite we’ll lose the play off aswel

Next 4 matches for us are sligo, bohs,rovers and derry – we are f*cked

We are seriously sh*te!

last night was like watching barcelona at there best compared to friday, i honestly cant see a win and as ya said wheelo the next four games means were f**ked

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 11:31am

We’re probably getting 700/800 ‘home’ supporters (crowd obviously doubled when rovers came to town) – so it depends on away fans after that

The sh*te going on off the pitch and the way supporters were treated during the ‘glory’ days ripped the soul out of the club and has never returned imo.

Before the glory days we used get decent gates when in relegation battles (usually around the 1200 mark maybe) and got roughly the same crowds as we are this season (well the number of home fans!!) in the first division over the years (bar the season we came 2nd last).

But I know pleanty of supporters who used support us non stop for years before the ‘glory days’ – even lads that were there when we came 2nd last in the first division – who stopped going altogether during the ‘glory days’ as a result of the way they thought supporters were treated at times!

Not good here at the moment at all – they’ve barred a few of the young lads now (about 10 of them I think!) cos of holding up a banner against dundalk. Really think any enthusiasm from young lads should be encouraged, rather than going on an ego trip and barring them for f*ck all! If they keep p*ssing people off again, there’ll be nobody up there in a few weeks – worst crowd in years we brought to Belfield lastnight – sign of things to come probably

i think the home fans actually out numbered us last night Shocked our them young lads still banned from home games? seen them at the junkies game on friday but they werent at ucd last night ?

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by MariborKev MariborKev wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Agreed, but you weren't three goals better than us.

Even when we were down to 9, Doherty didn't really have that many saves to make(one from Blinkhorn).  Then when we gave away the second peno it was game over, I was surprised that McDaid was let stay on the pitch.

Seems to be fair bit of tension between some of your players- Ryan in particular was going mental at some of his team mates.

Some of them need a good kick in the hole.

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:40pm
shocking amount of crying on the sahms forum about our pitch, pretty sure none of them clowns havent played on it

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:57pm
Shoco its sh*te!

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 4:53pm
you played on it yeah? or are you just saying that because that what everyone else who hasnt played on it says?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:12pm
very disappointing crowds ,Star printed

1028 sligo
1045 bohs
pats 745
dundalk 2200

worringly low

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:13pm
I have actually played on it!

Posted By: garytwigg21
Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 1:53am
Less than 800 at the Pats game??

-------------
This time next year........

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 2:51am

i think the home fans actually out numbered us last night Shocked our them young lads still banned from home games? seen them at the junkies game on friday but they werent at ucd last night ?

I presume they are still barred.

They weren’t barred from away matches though – think a lot of them had different reasons for missing Mondays match – but I don’t think that would’ve happened a couple of weeks ago – wouldn’t be surprised if they’re starting to get a bit disheartened by the whole thing – as this isn’t the first time they’ve been barred for f*ck all

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:35am
Too many games in short space of time, why the unholy rush this early in the season?  People can't afford to be going to 2 matches a week anymore, particularly if they have kids to bring as well, I'm not surprised gates were that low on Monday.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:26am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

very disappointing crowds ,Star printed

1028 sligo
1045 bohs
pats 745
dundalk 2200

worringly low

Thats completely wrong anyway. An attendance of 2035 given out at the game.

Its Ok for a band holiday monday at 3 o'clock and the sun splitting the rocks. Good crowd from Derry, about 350 Id say. Amazing the difference the time makes to the atmosphere - teams have brought a lot less supporters to the Showgrounds and made more noise, nobody pissed up really at it.

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:51am
Things sound very poor at Drogs indeed. My little bro just signed, at least he might get a run as things sound like they cant get much worse! Still a long season Qman, one jammy win could kick start them....

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:53am
Ekanem (sp) the centre back at Drogs is absolutely terrible, got a cheer from us every time he got the ball as he hoofed it out of play every single time.

what position is he HM

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:00am
Left mid

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by OldBawnHoop OldBawnHoop wrote:

I have actually played on it!

well please enlighten me as to why its sh*t

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 2:34pm
Call me old fashioned Shoco but I prefer to play (and watch) football thats played on somthing that grows.

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 2:38pm
i just want to know what the actual problem is with it from someone else who says they have played on it

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 2:56pm

Dundalk don't exactly have an unbeatable record at home do they?  Seems to me the pitch only becomes an issue when the visitors don't manage to win.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:19pm

Dundalk don't exactly have an unbeatable record at home do they?  Seems to me the pitch only becomes an issue when the visitors don't manage to win.

well we are the only unbeaten team at home this year! but yeah results since wev put it in hasnt shown it to be of any big advantage, i think its a hand excuse for a lot of people

-------------

Posted By: superdfc
Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:25pm
drogheda worst season ever ..well at least everythings going ok in craptown

Posted By: The Big Club
Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by superdfc superdfc wrote:

drogheda worst season ever ..well at least everythings going ok in craptown

Youse should be doing far better with your team IMO

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 4:49pm
i wish ucd had an pitch like oriels

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 3:40am
Originally posted by superdfc superdfc wrote:

drogheda worst season ever ..

It’s far from being our worst season ever – we’ve had a lot worse! But thanks for the concern though!

And I’d agree with the person above who said that craptown should be doing a lot better with their squad. Early days yet I suppose

-------------

Posted By: superdfc
Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 12:07pm
we will improve no doubt looking back over the last few weeks 2 points aganst bray and rovers was alright..we were always gonna beat drogheda cause there sh*tSmile..but galway and bohs will be hard

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:11pm
The bounce of the ball on it is shocking shoco! Not trying to blame the result on the pitch (I blame the ref). Football should be played on grass!

Date Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:02am
Never had any problem with the bounce of the ball meself, I mean its not as if you cant get a bad bounce on a grass pitch or a bad bobble, look at how bad lansdowne was for the last ireland game there, it was shocking

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net