Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Subject: PFA Player of the Year nominees
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 3:43am
Adam, Parker, Tevez, Vidic, Bale and Nasri

Young playar nominees - Hart, Coleman, Bale, Nasri, Nani and Wilshere

Replies:
Posted By: Siralex
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:12am
It just goes to show.....players haven't a foookin clue abut the game!

That list is laughable!

-------------
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:16am

The young players list is pretty strong this year! Wilshere, Nasri, Nani and Bale - could be any of them. Surprised Nani, and to a lesser extent Wilshere, aren't in the main category either. Would have Nani ahead of Adam surely? Guess he ain't to popular amongst his fellow pros though...

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

It just goes to show.....players haven't a foookin clue abut the game!

That list is laughable!

as a self-proclaimed know all, what would your lists be?

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It just goes to show.....players haven't a foookin clue abut the game! That list is laughable!

I ain't fan of individual awards within a team game, but if you're looking for the top 6 players who performed to their best this season, I'd have picked

Edwin van der Sar
Gary Cahill
Scott Parker
Nani
Rafa van der Vaart
Carlos Tevez

with Nani winning it by a country mile. But I guess we'll all have opinions on this....

Thanks for askin'...

-------------
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:54am
i would agree that Nani should be on the shortlist, he's had a great year.

Oliver Holt in the Mirror -

Puerile, petulant and aplayactor ..why this is no super Nani

By Oliver Holt http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/holt/2011/03/30/ - 30/03/2011

A manchester United fan asked me the other day if I would consider voting for Nani as Footballer of the Year.

Well, maybe there is a way of saying this more gently, but I'm not going to waste time searching for it.

I'd get my back waxed before I voted for Nani.

If it was a choice between him and the beachball that scored against Liverpool last season, I'd take the beachball.

If it was vote Nani or watch a box set of Ian Wright on Live From Studio Five, I'd settle down in front of the TV.

If Ashley Cole said it was either put the cross by the Portuguese or help him with target practice, I'd start running to and fro across the firing range.

You're getting my drift. Nani's not in my top five this season. He's not even in my top 20.

I don't like him. I don't like the way he plays the game. I don't like his puerility, his petulance or his play-acting. I don't like his blatant efforts to gain an unfair advantage.

I know that by some criteria he has had a fine season for United. He has scored crucial goals. He is a fine dribbler. His game has matured.

But that's not enough. Not when you behave the way he does. Not when you do what he did against Spurs this season.

Not when you try a delayed dive that could easily have got Younes Kaboul sent off. Not when you then handle the ball as you fall.

And not when you take advantage of confusion between the referee and Spurs goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes to kick the ball into an empty net.

I don't care which of the United players were urging him to do it - it is still probably the most glaring example of bad sportsmanship this season.

Nani's at it all the time. He goes down like he has been shot at the merest excuse. He waves imaginary cards at referees to try to get opponents booked.

And here's the saddest thing - despite the blackflips and the cartwheels when he scores, there is actually very little joy in his game.

He plays with a scowl. He plays with anger. He plays like everyone is against him. It has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

When he was genuinely hurt by a shocking tackle from Jamie Carragher at Anfield earlier this month, no one believed him at first because of his history.

He had a gash in his leg that put him out for a couple of weeks but he's cried wolf so often that when he really was a victim of a bad tackle, people thought he was up to his old tricks again.

Being anti-Nani isn't an anti-United thing. Not for me, anyway. I wouldn't vote for Didier Drogba for exactly the same reasons.

And, yes, I accept that England players such as Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney have been guilty of winning penalties with dives in the past.

Cristiano Ronaldo did his share of play-acting, too, but I came to appreciate that he was one of the bravest players in our league.

He rode plenty of bad tackles and he took way more punishment than Nani. He was also twice the player that Nani is.

It would be nice to think that Nani will change. That he will come to realise that in order to http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/holt/# - Until that happens, he's not in the reckoning for Footballer of the Year as far as I'm concerned.

My vote is going to Scott Parker for the way he has held West Ham together almost single-handedly as they fight against relegation.

Parker has been an inspiration at Upton Park, playing through injury, even playing against Spurs 10 days ago a few hours after the death of his father.

He has been a beacon of excellence in a struggling team.

He has given everything to the cause. He has done it without moaning and without agitating for a move. He exudes class off the pitch and on it.

There are plenty of others for whom you could say the same.

My top five this season are Parker, Luka Modric, Jack Wilshere, Nemanja Vidic and John Terry.

So here's a tip for Nani. When you play at Upton Park on Saturday, try to stay on your feet for a couple of minutes.

And while you're there, take a look at how Scott Parker goes about his business.

You never know, you might learn something.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:59am
Adam,Vidic & Bale should be nowhere near that

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:01am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Adam,Vidic & Bale should be nowhere near that

i dont think Bale should, the other 2 i agree with being shortlisted

Has Bale done anything since November? and his best performances were in the CL anyway

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:05am

Nani on the shortlist?  Would yiz get a grip.........LOL, he has improved but nowhere near enough to get on the list.

My choices would be Tevez and Coleman to win. 

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:10am
Would be fairly comical if a player from a relegated team won player of the year

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:14am
Jaysus the senior list is shocking!

Nani should in the hunt to win the thing!
Van Der Vaart?
Berbatov is the top scorer too so should be considered compared to others.
Also, Van Der Sar as well considering Giggs won it last year because of his age and only started 12 games or something, if they applied the same rule to VDS who has played for the majority of the season at a top level.

The young player is decent and about right, apart from Hernandez's ommission.

Suppose, these nominations are done around January, that's the problem.
Don't know why it is not in the last few weeks.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:21am
Hernandez not even on the short list for young player of the year- joke- look at the amount of goals he has scored in his first season

-------------

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:52am
close thing between tevez and parker

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Hernandez not even on the short list for young player of the year- joke- look at the amount of goals he has scored in his first season

LOL

Vivakenbarlows PFA shortlist - Vidic, Van Der Sar, Nani, Berbatov, Giggs and Evra

Vivakenbarlows young player of the year shortlist - Nani, Rafael, Hernandez, Smalling, Welbeck and Fabio

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:11am

LOL

Vivakenbarlows PFA shortlist - Vidic, Van Der Sar, Nani, Berbatov, Giggs and Evra

Vivakenbarlows young player of the year shortlist - Nani, Rafael, Hernandez, Smalling, Welbeck and Fabio

You saying hernandez doesnt even deserve to be in contention for the young player?

Look how many important goals he has scored already!

Cant be easy settling into the epl coming from the mexican league either- absolute joke

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:22am

LOL

You saying hernandez doesnt even deserve to be in contention for the young player?

Look how many important goals he has scored already!

Cant be easy settling into the epl coming from the mexican league either- absolute joke

im not sure he should be in contention, the others have started a lot more games i would guess? but he has had a good debut season from the little time he has had on the field, actually i'd probably have him on the shortlist ahead of Bale, take out the two Inter CL games and Bale wouldn't be getting mentioned

im just laughing as you continue to be unbelievably blinkered towards United in 90% of your posts on here

Poor United, theyre even being victimised in the end of season awards now

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:36am
Bale has 7 league goals and 1 assist

People are completely blinkered by the hat trick he scored in a game they lost in the san siro!

Nani has 9 league goals and 13 assists- the most assists in the league this year!

-------------

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:55am
Parker and Wilshere

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:59am
van der vaart wouldve been on that if he handt been injured, had a tenner on him at 10/1 for this

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:02am
nani and van der vaart should defo be on the list

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:09am
Bale
Goals: 7
Assists: 1
Nominated

Nani
Goals: 9
Assists: 16
Not nominated

Nasri
Goals: 9
Nominated

Berbatov
Goals: 20 (top goalscorer)
Assists: 2
Not nominated

Tevez
Goals: 19 (5 pens)
Nominated

-------------

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:24am
bale is not even spurs player of the year, that man is luca modric, but a few CL games do you the power of good. van der vaart has been quality at walking down the tunnel during games like a spoilt child, it is a TEAM game

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:25am
Wilshire+Bale both over hyped british players,nothing new there
yes Wilshire is a good player with big potential but exactly has he done this year to deserve to win this award can any one tell me?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:41am

It just goes to show.....players haven't a foookin clue abut the game! That list is laughable!

I ain't fan of individual awards within a team game, but if you're looking for the top 6 players who performed to their best this season, I'd have picked

Edwin van der Sar
Gary Cahill
Scott Parker
Nani
Rafa van der Vaart
Carlos Tevez

Would agree with that list although Nasri would be unlucky to miss out,with Parker winning it. He hasa proved himself to be the ultimate professional this season. I think Nan's atttitude is disgraceful but his influence on results means it is crazy not to nominate him. And can someone please explain to me the hype over coco monkey? I just cannot get it at all

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:20am
Scott Parker for me. Has basically kept West ham within touching distance of safety on his own. Drives the whole team plays with so much passion and desire.

Nani has played well this season but no where near player of the year,

Wilshere for young player of the year

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:24am
Nasri and Coleman for me.

But my prediction is that Vidic and Wilshere will win.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:24am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Wilshire+Bale both over hyped british players,nothing new thereyes Wilshire is a good player with big potential but exactly has he done this year to deserve to win this award can any one tell me?

+1

Wilshere is decent but the english go on about him like he is gonna be the next xavi- over rated

Bale is incredibly over hyped- if you take away the 2 games against inter he hasnt done an awful lot in the league- 80 million

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:27am
Tevez and Nani for me

no outstanding candidates this year, pretty dull lot in my opinion

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:27am
Does the player have to be epl based as surely Taarabt has done a lot more for qpr this year than some on the list.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:30am

Wilshire+Bale both over hyped british players,nothing new thereyes Wilshire is a good player with big potential but exactly has he done this year to deserve to win this award can any one tell me?

+1

Wilshere is decent but the english go on about him like he is gonna be the next xavi- over rated

Bale is incredibly over hyped- if you take away the 2 games against inter he hasnt done an awful lot in the league- 80 million

Spot on about Bale but I would adjust it to a game and a half.Was he playing the first half in the San Siro? Though I do think Wislshere does look class they still seem to be misreading the type of player he is and keep going on that England should deploy him further forward, 'like Arsenal do'.You only see him in the opposition box for Arsenal in home games against teams who sit deep. He is a deep lying thoughtful midfielder and will have a good career. He is not the new Xavi Hernandez!

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:32am

Tevez and Nani for me

Youre not far off with that assesment

Sure charlie adam couldnt get his game in centre mid for rangers ffs

Might be as a result of the world cup that the better players have failed to perform this season- sure look at fabregas- very patchy form this year

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:29am
Anyone got Charlie Adam's goals/ssists to hand....I'm out and about and my internet on the iPhone is very slow.  If someone can post em up here I'd appreciate it!  Cheers.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:34am
think it is 9 goals and 6 assists

-------------

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:37am
Nani has been the best player in the league this season,wonder who will get the football writers award..

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Thanks Clonbhoy!  Super return in fairness from 28 games. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:52am

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Thanks Clonbhoy!  Super return in fairness from 28 games. 

Think I saw a stat somewhere with the amount  that have come as a result of his set pieces and it is more impressive

-------------

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:52am

Tevez and Nani for me

Might be as a result of the world cup that the better players have failed to perform this season- sure look at fabregas- very patchy form this year

well u cant really use that logic because you want hernandez for young player of the year, or nominated at least, and he hadnt scored a goal in 2 years for some mexican 2nd division crowd before he joined united.

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:00am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

Tevez and Nani for me

well u cant really use that logic because you want hernandez for young player of the year, or nominated at least, and he hadnt scored a goal in 2 years for some mexican 2nd division crowd before he joined united.

While I completely agree with you that Barlow's point about what Charlie Adams did at Rangers 2 years ago is completely moot and, in the main, a ridiculous point (barlow NEVER makes a good point - (check out teh Rooney 2 match ban thread for a great example)), I have to call you up on your stats about Javier Hernandez.

The lil Pea - as they call him back home - finished as the joint-third top scorer, with eleven goals in seventeen appearances in the 2009 Apertura. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Hern%C3%A1ndez_Balc%C3%A1zar#cite_note-3 - He started the 2010 Bicentenario in Mexico with eight goals in five games. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Hern%C3%A1ndez_Balc%C3%A1zar#cite_note-4 - He finished as a joint-leader in the goalscoring chart for the Bicentenario with ten goals in eleven games. In total, you said he didn't score in two seaosn - he scored 24 goals in those two seasons for Guadlahara - who do NOT play in the second division.  Time to get a new statatician me thinks HeyIrish!  Try hiring one that can count!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:11am
http://www.topnews.in/sports/new-man-u-star-hernandez-nearly-quit-football-after-failing-mexico-s-first-division-213789 - http://www.topnews.in/sports/new-man-u-star-hernandez-nearly-quit-football-after-failing-mexico-s-first-division-213789

fair enough directly before he went to united yours stats are right but in the 2 years before you mention he hadnt scored in 2 years

bottom line is saying adam shouldnt be player of the year due to not getting a game for rangers is wrong imo

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:14am

http://www.topnews.in/sports/new-man-u-star-hernandez-nearly-quit-football-after-failing-mexico-s-first-division-213789 - http://www.topnews.in/sports/new-man-u-star-hernandez-nearly-quit-football-after-failing-mexico-s-first-division-213789

fair enough directly before he went to united yours stats are right but in the 2 years before you mention he hadnt scored in 2 years

bottom line is saying adam shouldnt be player of the year due to not getting a game for rangers is wrong imo

he would have been very young 4 or 5 years ago though i would imagine

yeah it was a completely wrong point to begin with about Adam

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:17am
Fair enough my comment on adam in his rangers days was a little trivial but the stats i highlighted cant be ignored-(yet they have been)- certain players on that list of nominees are majorly over rated

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:18am
Nani wont win.

I can't imagine him being too popular amongst his fellow pro's.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:25am
agree re bale - still living off inter milan

Depends in which context you look at these nominations. Considering the players Charlie Adam has around him I think he is arguably player of the year. People say Scott Parker has west hem where they are on his own but if Charlie Adam wasnt with Blackpool firstly they would never have got up and secondly would already be back down whereas some like nani and tevez etc have brilliant players around him to help give them more oppurtunities.

The manager of the year is similar. Some parts of the media think Ollie Hollway should be manager of the year for doing what he has done with players, budget etc but Utd are top of the league so surely Ferguson should be manager of the year.

thats why the likes of Adam and Parker are on the list and deserve to be. Stats dont tell you the full story. 40% of people know that

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:29am

Depends in which context you look at these nominations. Considering the players Charlie Adam has around him I think he is arguably player of the year. People say Scott Parker has west hem where they are on his own but if Charlie Adam wasnt with Blackpool firstly they would never have got up and secondly would already be back down whereas some like nani and tevez etc have brilliant players around him to help give them more oppurtunities.

The manager of the year is similar. Some parts of the media think Ollie Hollway should be manager of the year for doing what he has done with players, budget etc but Utd are top of the league so surely Ferguson should be manager of the year.

thats why the likes of Adam and Parker are on the list and deserve to be. Stats dont tell you the full story. 40% of people know that

If your looking at it from the point of view of how important the player is to the team then nani and tevez are very important

Tevez has scored almost 50% of citys goals in the league ffs, nani has directly contributed to 25 league goals in a united shirt!

Even without basing it on stats you could argue that its easier to stand out in a team of inferior players like blackpool than in a team like united or city

Although i wouldnt apply this to scott parker- he has had a great season for west ham- he has carried that team at times he puts in 100% every week which is more than can be said for some of those west ham players ( carlton cole) etc

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:33am

If your looking at it from the point of view of how important the player is to the team then nani and tevez are very important

Tevez has scored almost 50% of citys goals in the league ffs, nani has directly contributed to 25 league goals in a united shirt!

Even without basing it on stats you could argue that its easier to stand out in a team of inferior players like blackpool than in a team like united or city

Although i wouldnt apply this to scott parker- he has had a great season for west ham- he has carried that team at times he puts in 100% every week which is more than can be said for some of those west ham players ( carlton cole) etc

I agree with that but my point is look at the players they have around them compred to Parker & Adam. Would Nani have contributed directly to 25 goals if he was playing with Blackpool

-------------

Posted By: ChiefGooner
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 7:03pm

+1

I can tell you what he's done, he's been the best young player in the EPL.

As for barstool calling him 'decent' and 'over rated' I suggest you watch games other than moanu ones

-------------
Remember United were missing two key men, Clattenberg & Webb

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 6:47am
Originally posted by ChiefGooner ChiefGooner wrote:

+1 Wilshere is decent but the english go on about him like he is gonna be the next xavi- over rated Bale is incredibly over hyped- if you take away the 2 games against inter he hasnt done an awful lot in the league- 80 million

I can tell you what he's done, he's been the best young player in the EPL.

As for barstool calling him 'decent' and 'over rated' I suggest you watch games other than moanu ones

I watch plenty of football other than united games
I go to plenty of ireland and united games home and away
Been to a la liga game and am hoping to get to another one when im over there at the end of the month
I have seen wilshere play loads of times for arsenal and england- never said he was crap or didnt have potential but he is over hyped as most english footballers are
Guardiola on Wilshere

"He is lucky because we have many players in the second team like him but he plays because there is no pressure at his club to win titles."

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:52am
Bale could win. The Premiership players vote, not journalists/fans. They'll get a list of people and not put too much thought into it. They'll see Bale and say "yeah great player, brilliant against Inter Milan" and vote for him. Even though it wasn't even a league game which is what the award should be based on.

Can see it going to Tevez and Bale

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 10:13am
Been a poor season regarding individuals and the list proves it. Charlie Adam well deserves his place in it . How people can think otherwise is beyond me. Tevez has been the best though this year for me. Yes he's a tramp and a gypsy but he has weighed in with plenty of goals/assists . There is no harder working player in World football.

Wilshere will win the young player award as he is English and they will continue to wank over him. . Big praise goes to our own Seamus Coleman , Sligo Rovers to one of the best talents in England in 2 years

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 6:14am
Looks like the initial reports that were leaked on Monday were wrong

Van Der Vaart is in the PFA shortlist, and Hernandez is on the list for young player award

Posted By: ChiefGooner
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 7:46am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Been a poor season regarding individuals and the list proves it. Charlie Adam well deserves his place in it . How people can think otherwise is beyond me. Tevez has been the best though this year for me. Yes he's a tramp and a gypsy but he has weighed in with plenty of goals/assists . There is no harder working player in World football.

Wilshere will win the young player award as he is English and they will continue to wank over him. . Big praise goes to our own Seamus Coleman , Sligo Rovers to one of the best talents in England in 2 years

Wilshere will win it because he's been the best young player in the premiership, end of.

-------------
Remember United were missing two key men, Clattenberg & Webb

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 8:00am
Originally posted by ChiefGooner ChiefGooner wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Wilshere will win it because he's been the best young player in the premiership, end of.
more Arsenal bias from chiefgooner,and you saying Neville will be biasedLOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 9:26am
at least the real list is a lot more respectable. Do think Van Der Sar deserves to be in there also though

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:05pm

Hernandez will go close in the Young Player award IMO

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

There's no way he can win it, sure two of the lads nominated for Young Player of the Year are also nominated for actual Player Of The Year, so one of them will obviously bag the gong.

-------------

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

There's no way he can win it, sure two of the lads nominated for Young Player of the Year are also nominated for actual Player Of The Year, so one of them will obviously bag the gong.

AM i missing something? Hernandez is not on the list.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:30pm
He's on the official list - just not on Baggio's list.

-------------

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:58pm
PFA Player of the Year Nominees

Gareth Bale
Rafael Van der Vaart
Samir Nasri
Nemanja Vidic
Carlos Tevez
Charlie Adam
Scott Parker

PFA Young Player of the Year Nominees

Gareth Bale
Samir Nasri
Seamus Coleman
Jack Wilshere
Joe Hart
Nani
Javier Hernandez

There we go, just to avoid confusion that's the official lists.

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 3:11pm
was there 7 nominees for each catagory last year? Or did they add VDV to the senior and Hernandez to the Young after the reaction people gave to the leaked lists?

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:20pm

He's on the official list - just not on Baggio's list.

yes i corrected that out this afternoon

the daily mail shortlists that were leaked on monday didnt include hernandez or van der vaart and only had 6 nominees for each award

Posted By: Chopra Gunner
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 7:22pm
Its actually ridiculous that Bale is the fave for the player of the year award, he hasnt done anything spectacular in the premier league. His best performances came in europe like.

Its also a joke that Nani isnt on the senior list, his most productive season ever. 12 goals and 13+ assists in all competitions. Only gets a young player nomination, he's 24 I believe.

Robin Van Persie should also be on that list, only came back in january and has got himself around 13 goals. Pretty good return. Arsenal need him firing more than Fabregas or anyone else.

-------------
What are you looking at?

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:19am
Nani saying how disapointed he was not to even make the pfa shortlist

He now has 18 assists in the league

Bale has 1 assist this season in the league

-------------

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:56am

The reason Nani isnt on the list is because of his behaviour, he needs to grow up and stop acting the maggot. Conversely when Giggs won the gong he won it partly due to the fact that he comes across as a proper professional, none of the bullsh*t that you associate with Nani.

Posted By: ScruffyR
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 6:24am
Nasri all the way,what a player Clap

-------------
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 6:59am
Nasri/Parker and Wilshire/Nani

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 7:42am

Nani saying how disapointed he was not to even make the pfa shortlist

He now has 18 assists in the league

Bale has 1 assist this season in the league

Nani was'nt selected because he is a selfish whinging,diving little runt.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

The reason Nani isnt on the list is because of his behaviour, he needs to grow up and stop acting the maggot. Conversely when Giggs won the gong he won it partly due to the fact that he comes across as a proper professional, none of the bullsh*t that you associate with Nani.

I would agree.

Nani's fellow pro's would not have voted for him

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:12am
No matter what way you look at it nani not getting voted in is farcical

The year giggs won it he made 11 league starts ffs im sure he would admit himself that wasnt his best season

Ginola won it the season united won a treble which hadnt been achieved before or since

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:13am

The year giggs won it he made 11 league starts ffs im sure he would admit himself that wasnt his best season

Ginola won it the season united won a treble which hadnt been achieved before or since

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ1

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:21am

Jesus, hard to believe you are still crying about that year Ginola won it, must have been 10 years ago now?

does the award really mean that much to supporters?

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:44pm
In fairness the award lost all credibility when Giggs won it last year. That's what I would call farcical.

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 6:05pm
bale in the list?? absolute joke, he's had a couple of good games but by and large he has been average. nani has been a much better player this season. fantasy football is actually a really good indicator of how good a player has been. nani is top of the midfielders list and bale is nearly 22 places behind. speaks for itself

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by CPS89 CPS89 wrote:

bale in the list?? absolute joke, he's had a couple of good games but by and large he has been average. nani has been a much better player this season. fantasy football is actually a really good indicator of how good a player has been. nani is top of the midfielders list and bale is nearly 22 places behind. speaks for itself

+1, Even though i am a spurs fan i really dont think bale should be in it at all, the media just hype it up hugely when ever he does something good.Like i have seen every spurs game this season and i cant understand why he can do what he did aganist inter and then fail to do it aganist teams in the relegation zone in the premiership Cry Serious lack of consistency

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:32am
Bale and Wilshere then

perhaps if it was player of the CL group stages id accept Bale, but he hasnt even been Tottenhams best player overall this season

not many complaints with the team of the season other than that Baines should have been at left back
How Shane Long never made the championship team is bizarre

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:23am
Gareth Bale rewarded for his excellent Champions League performences with the PFA Player of the Year!.....the Player of the Year award really is a joke at this stage.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:55am
He didnt really deserve it but ,fair play gareth Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 7:19am
Wilshere deserved the young player award but its a joke Bale got the senior player award.
Bale is 21, and won the senior award with 2 good performances in europe.
Nani is 24, and only got a YOUNG player nomination, with an incredible season.

-------------
What are you looking at?

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 7:37am
Bale is the best player in the league but he isn't the best young player in the league.

Joke of an award.

Posted By: MintBerryCrunch
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:27am
I think the last two years have shown this is a joke of an award 

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
PFA award is for premier league performences yet Bale win sit for his European performences....joke!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Chopra Gunner Chopra Gunner wrote:

Wilshere deserved the young player award but its a joke Bale got the senior player award.

The fact that hes probably one of the most hated players in the league,would have cost him that

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:44am

How Shane Long never made the championship team is bizarre

Graham with 24 goals and Holt with 20 goals made the team. Long has scored 21. The votes were cast around a month or two ago, this was only when Long was hitting form. At the time I'd say he only had around 15 goals and Reading would have been down in 7th or 8th.

A good example as to why the voting should be done after the season ended.

Graham and Holt still have had excellent seasons, can't complain too much.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:49am
Who decides the shortlist of players?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Who decides the shortlist of players?

The players vote AFAIK.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Originally posted by Chopra Gunner Chopra Gunner wrote:

The fact that hes probably one of the most hated players in the league,would have cost him that

You've sort of missed my point, Bale is 21 and won the senior award with only 2 good games in europe.. he didnt get the young player award for some reason, makes no sense. Surely if he is good enough to win the senior award then he must get the young one also.

Nani is 24, and was nominated for the young player award, which is for under 23s I believe? If he was nominated for this then clearly people are voting for him. Its his most productive season ever. Hes contributed to at least 25 goals directly this season and played a part in some others. Cristiano Ronaldo produced the good even though he was a hate figure and got the awards.

-------------
What are you looking at?

Posted By: flick
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 4:27pm
paddy kenny ian harte and wes houlihan in championship team of the year Clap

-------------
GWAN YBIG

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

paddy kenny ian harte and wes houlihan in championship team of the year Clap

sure none of them are in the  ireland squad.....who gives a sh*t?

Tongue

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:12am

As predicted by myself, Bale won the award (well I said he could win in). Basically the players get a list of names to vote from. They are not really going to analyse it, they'll just think "Bale, great player, brilliant in the CL", then vote for him. Even though he hasn't achieved anything this season in the Premier League. Think the football writers award which is done after the season has finished is a more respectable award since it is done by sports writers who actually analyse the season.

Obviously nice for Bale his fellow professionals have voted for him. But it's more to do with how the media have hyped him up rather than actually deserving it. Nani should have won the senior player award, he wasn't even on the list! Then he doesn't even get the young player of the year award, because Wilshere is the media's love child. Great silly that he pips Nani who was in the same list.

Then you have the team of the year. Charlie Adam was shortlisted for the player of the year, then doesn't even make the XI!!!

Posted By: Absolutely Use
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:54pm

Its Scott Parker for me, he has been immence again this year for the hammers, kept them up single handidly, the rest of the hammers line up should be ashamemed of then selves. They have a few England internationals Green, Bridge, Upson, Dyer and Cole along with numerous other internationals and to see a team like this struggle..... something is very wrong

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 6:09pm
Raul Meireles has won the PFA Fans PLayer of the Year ClapClap

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6888258,00.html - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6888258,00.html

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 9:13pm
Van persie should've been nominated also, returned in January and has scored 16 in 16 I believe.

-------------
What are you looking at?

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 12:03am
how can you decide player of the season before the season ends anyway?! poor poor decision

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6888258,00.html - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6888258,00.html

the fact that David Luiz was 4th in this says it all about the award

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 4:16am
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

bale is not even spurs player of the year, that man is luca modric, but a few CL games do you the power of good. van der vaart has been quality at walking down the tunnel during games like a spoilt child, it is a TEAM game
spot on mate..re modric, been the fulchrum...also re Van Der Vaart has been awful in alot of games after a very bright start, he has blown hot and cold for the most part, and his petulant attitude wil no doubt cause problems in the future. Personally i thought Tevez should have been given it. Has been
about the best imo. Nani has done well too. Just looking through the fromer teams of the year on Wiki...and brought me back to 1999 season, when Keane didnt even get on the team of the year, and ginola got the PFA award.. farce is not the word

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 4:19am

He should be embarrassed to pick up the award.......obviously done by way of some sort of internet campaign.....he didn't kick a ball until Hodgson left.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 4:24am
Scott Parker got the writers award

Think his season has been a little overrated because he's english
His team are going to be relegated afterall

Posted By: flick
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 5:37am

Scott Parker got the writers award

Think his season has been a little overrated because he's english

His team are going to be relegated afterall

Don't think so we would be relegated already if it wasn't for Parker but as good as he is one man can't carry 10 others. Super player well deserved award

-------------
GWAN YBIG

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 7:24am
Bale finished 2nd Confused 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 7:36am

LOL 

Absolute joke

So if we're to believe the players,journos and fans, Parker,Bale and Merieles are the 3 best players in the league Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 8:35am
Meireles for World Player of the Year next season Thumbs Up

-------------
Ahh heya!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net