Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=28908
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 1:49pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How will QPR cope in the EPL
Posted By: Absolutely Use
Subject: How will QPR cope in the EPL
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 3:45pm
QPR are running away with the Championship, but how will they cope with the Premier League. They Don't concede a lot of goals, but there they don't have any outstanding defenders. They also don't have a big goalscorer. in fact there line up look very ordinary. Taarabt looks a moody players (Giles will love him)
  • 1. Patrick Kenny
  • 2. Bradley Orr
  • 5. Fitz Hall
  • 13. Kaspars Gorkss
  • 3. Clint Hill 
  • 11. Alejandro Faurlin
  • 4. Shaun Derry  
  • 21. Tommy Smith  
  • 7. Adel Taarabt  
  • 15. Wayne Routledge
  • 9. Heidar Helguson

Replies:
Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 5:00pm
Wonder will Mittal/Ecclestone and whoever else is there throw some cash at Warnock? Thay aint exactly short of it, could be a different proposition then...

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 5:02pm
Straight back down, end of.  Warnock to get banned a few times and probably sacked by Easter by deluded and crazy chairman.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Wonder will Mittal/Ecclestone and whoever else is there throw some cash at Warnock? Thay aint exactly short of it, could be a different proposition then...

He won't go mad like City but I'd say he'll throw Warnock a good few million to make them an established PL club.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

QPR are running away with the Championship, but how will they cope with the Premier League. They Don't concede a lot of goals, but there they don't have any outstanding defenders. They also don't have a big goalscorer. in fact there line up look very ordinary. Taarabt looks a moody players (Giles will love him)
  • 1. Patrick Kenny
  • 2. Bradley Orr
  • 5. Fitz Hall
  • 13. Kaspars Gorkss
  • 3. Clint Hill 
  • 11. Alejandro Faurlin
  • 4. Shaun Derry  
  • 21. Tommy Smith  
  • 7. Adel Taarabt  
  • 15. Wayne Routledge
  • 9. Heidar Helguson

Jamie Mackie is another good player unlucky to break the leg!!! The lads ive highlighted would be grand in the EPL id worry about the rest , i cant see QPR spending 20 or 30 million even though their owners are minted....They'll prob be signing good experienced Bosmans knowing Warnock , a few championship players depending on who does or doesnt go up and maybe a foreign marque signing that'l shock the world LOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:17am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

He won't go mad like City but I'd say he'll throw Warnock a good few million to make them an established PL club.

That will be the problem as Warnock likes a certain type of player and only has room in his team for 1 maybe 2 prima donna's which he will invariably get if he's throwing millions around. His best bet is to publicly state he's only getting say £15-20million to spend as at least they'll get the right type of player then, failing that Warnock can come back home to the Lane if he gets the sack Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:21am
Taarabt is a serious player - can't wait to see him in the PL every week. Only reason he's not at a top four club is his temperament/attitude - he has ability to burn though.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:23am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Taarabt is a serious player - can't wait to see him in the PL every week. Only reason he's not at a top four club is his temperament/attitude - he has ability to burn though.
It will be a different story in the epl as can you realistically carry a player in your team that the manager has instructed is not to be passed to in his own half or you will be fined.

Yes he's a good player and been vital to qpr this year but I dont see him as being half as good next year - will probably turn it on in a few games but the epl defences are harder to break down

Posted By: Wild Rover
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:55am
Straight back down unless they spend big.

-------------
Niall Quinn is god

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:59am
rumours in west london for a while now that lippi is primed to step in once they are in the prem, and then major investment. warnock would get a nice bonus once promotion confirmed as a pay off

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

• 1. Patrick Kenny
  • 2. Bradley Orr
  • 5. Fitz Hall
  • 13. Kaspars Gorkss
  • 3. Clint Hill 
  • 11. Alejandro Faurlin
  • 4. Shaun Derry  
  • 21. Tommy Smith  
  • 7. Adel Taarabt  
  • 15. Wayne Routledge
  • 9. Heidar Helguson

Jamie Mackie is another good player unlucky to break the leg!!! The lads ive highlighted would be grand in the EPL id worry about the rest , i cant see QPR spending 20 or 30 million even though their owners are minted....They'll prob be signing good experienced Bosmans knowing Warnock , a few championship players depending on who does or doesnt go up and maybe a foreign marque signing that'l shock the world LOL

Hill and Helguson fine squad players too. I am certain they will have few bob to spend and imagine they will be somewhere between 10th and 14 th provided the chairmen keep their sanity.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:15pm
Kenny and taarabt the only 2 if their current squad that you could consider premier standard. Need to spend but don't think warnock will be there to splash cash

-------------

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:24pm
could say the same bout blackpoools squad last year to!!there loaded so will be bringing in loads of players

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 9:08am

they were the top team in london during the mid 90's be good to have em back

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 9:27am
saw them play Forest at Loftus Rd in Cloughs final year
Keane was fantastic that day in a 4-3 thriller

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 10:32am
Routledge has been scorin a good few for them. Will he be going back to Newcastle or will QPR make the deal permanent

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 6:11am
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

Routledge has been scorin a good few for them. Will he be going back to Newcastle or will QPR make the deal permanent
I think that Routledge is a good championship player but Premier league player, I don't think so. QPR will have to spend big unless they will struggle but is  Warnock the man to spend money and buy the right players?Confused

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:08am
Doubt Warnock will be there by August.
Doubt most of there players will be either.

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:22am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Doubt Warnock will be there by August.
Doubt most of there players will be either.

I have a feeling you could be right but if that does happen I think it would be a joke even if they do get Lippi in

he is a good manager and deserves a crack at the PL

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 6:42am
Gas warnock winning them the championship and everyone ahs him written off as sack already! would love to see them have a good craic at it, good having one of the mid-90's boys back in there, had a few qpr football cards in the collection back in the day

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 6:53am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Gas warnock winning them the championship and everyone ahs him written off as sack already! would love to see them have a good craic at it, good having one of the mid-90's boys back in there, had a few qpr football cards in the collection back in the day

Its not writing him off as such but there are constant rumours that Lippi has been lined up to take over

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 6:58am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Its not writing him off as such but there are constant rumours that Lippi has been lined up to take over

aye i know that but if rumours were all true sneijder would be at united, as well as de gea and nueur and reina, tevez would be at inter, your man oxlade - chamberlan would be at arsenal, liverpool and united, garteh bale would be at well over a dozen clubs! People just seem to be taking this one more easily than the others, good few seem to be taking it as fact!

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 7:25am
I think Loftus road will be a hard place to go for visiting teams and home form might keep them away from relegation.

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:32pm
The QPR board haven't backed Warnock with a load of cash so far and i can't see them spending vasts amounts of cash in the summer. I can see the spending £ 10 to £15 million, bringing in a few free transfers and players on loan, the same as promoted clubs have been doing over the years.

I have been reading on a few Web sites that Warnock fancies the look of Luke Chambers if Forest fail to get promoted, a fee of £2 million being mentioned, only £13 m more to spend 

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Posted By: Smartalex
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

they were the top team in london during the mid 90's be good to have em back

no they were never the top team in london ever

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 3:38pm

The QPR board haven't backed Warnock with a load of cash so far and i can't see them spending vasts amounts of cash in the summer. I can see the spending £ 10 to £15 million, bringing in a few free transfers and players on loan, the same as promoted clubs have been doing over the years.

I have been reading on a few Web sites that Warnock fancies the look of Luke Chambers if Forest fail to get promoted, a fee of £2 million being mentioned, only £13 m more to spend 
Questionable statement that!!

Most promoted clubs will have identified and agreed their targets in feb-april and only take the players on a free if everything else is agreed. In the case of QPR having looked likely to be promoted and knowing Warnock's transfer history there will be very few free transfers unless of a high quality, little to no loans unless again of extremely high quality from europe most likely and a few of the top championship lads coupled with a few foreign/established epl lads.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:20pm
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28908&PN=2&title=how-will-qpr-cope-in-the-epl - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28908&PN=2&title=how-will-qpr-cope-in-the-epl

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:32pm
The last time Warnock got to the Premier League with Shieffield United he brought in 5 players during the summer, 3 players for a fee and 2 on a free transfers. While the 3 newly promoted teams last all all brought in players for a fee and players on a free agent/ bosman. While Wolves, Wigan, Bolton and sunderland to name but a few teams have all brought players on loan for the season or part of. If Warnock was offered someone like Sturridge or even O'Hara, or a player from Arsenal i'd say he would snap them up

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:40pm
If Warnock was offered a player of the class of Tevez or Macharno, he would take them on a season long loan

-------------

Posted By: Bibi Baskin
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 11:05am
We are not promoted yet!!!!!!!! Cry

We, QPR have a FA hearing next week as to the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.  There could be a huge fine/huge points deduction depending on the outcome.

Im not drinking any champagne yet or making posts on how we will do next year!! Smile

Started a post on Warnock a few days ago about being the next ROI manager and it got shot down Ouch

Found that strange, would be a type of Jack Charlton character

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 2:12pm
straight back down, like Blackpool

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 2:52pm

The last time Warnock got to the Premier League with Shieffield United he brought in 5 players during the summer, 3 players for a fee and 2 on a free transfers. While the 3 newly promoted teams last all all brought in players for a fee and players on a free agent/ bosman. While Wolves, Wigan, Bolton and sunderland to name but a few teams have all brought players on loan for the season or part of. If Warnock was offered someone like Sturridge or even O'Hara, or a player from Arsenal i'd say he would snap them up

There was a very good reason for this and for every signing - does your stat/link's machine tell you these reasons??

And with all your copy and paste skills could you not spell the club name correctly ffs

The other clubs you mention alot of these clubs took lads on load not to improve the squad but to bolster the numbers and QPR have decent enough quality and numbers in most positions.

My prediction is Neil will be true to form and sign a gk on a free by transfer deadline dayWink

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

There was a very good reason for this and for every signing - does your stat/link's machine tell you these reasons??

And with all your copy and paste skills could you not spell the club name correctly ffs

The other clubs you mention alot of these clubs took lads on load not to improve the squad but to bolster the numbers and QPR have decent enough quality and numbers in most positions.

My prediction is Neil will be true to form and sign a gk on a free by transfer deadline dayWink
Wolves took O'Hara on loan and he has played most games when fit.
Wigan took Al Habsi on loan and has been 1st choice
Bolton took Sturridge on loan he got a few games too, even scored a few goals along the way
Sunderland took Elmohamady on loan and he has played his fair share of games too
You may call it improving a squad, i'd call it improving the team.

As regards my spelling mistake that i made, I must apologise for this and sure maybe you could give me a load of your dictionary as you seem to have no problem with spelling?????

I actually think QPR are a very average side and Warnock needs add to add serious quality to survive. Players like Derry, Orr, Hil and Grokss I believe are not premier league quality. 

-------------

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 9:32am
I've seen QPR several times this year and i haven't been impressed with them at all. I think they'll struggle big time next year.

Only Kenny, Faurlin, Taarabt  & Routledge will be in the starting XI next year in my opinion.

The points deduction WILL NOT HAPPEN. The FA cant afford to get into a legal nightmare over it and they would have to delay the playoffs which is impossible.

Great to see them back up.

"WEST LONDON IS OURS, WEST LONDON IS OUUUURS, f**k OFF CHELSEA... WEST LONDON IS OURS"

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:00pm
LondonIrish they play to Warnock's tried and tested methods in the championship that work(bit of hoofball mixed with a bit of passing - direct play as its knownLOL) and he will use a good portion of his current squad next year as he will only buy lads that fit into his system and not players that wont work for the team as he already has one of them LOL.

He likes to have 1 attacking f/b, 1 rock solid c/b who's tough as nails(Hill), 1 hard tackling midfielder(Derry) complemented with a smart midfielder who can unlock a defence or 2 but do his fair share of work, 1 out and out winger(taarbt) who's given freedom to do as he please's and a big brute of a striker to bully defenders. That is the core nucleus off any Warnock squad for as long as i've known/followed him as a manager from his time at bury and plymouth

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:22pm

lol

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:24pm

lol

And still at it thanks London irish

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:30pm

LondonIrish they play to Warnock's tried and tested methods in the championship that work(bit of hoofball mixed with a bit of passing - direct play as its knownLOL) and he will use a good portion of his current squad next year as he will only buy lads that fit into his system and not players that wont work for the team as he already has one of them LOL.

He likes to have 1 attacking f/b, 1 rock solid c/b who's tough as nails(Hill), 1 hard tackling midfielder(Derry) complemented with a smart midfielder who can unlock a defence or 2 but do his fair share of work, 1 out and out winger(taarbt) who's given freedom to do as he please's and a big brute of a striker to bully defenders. That is the core nucleus off any Warnock squad for as long as i've known/followed him as a manager from his time at bury and plymouth
I would never have put you down as having nappy rash, but i should have guessed.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:40pm
PhillyK If you haven't  a clue what i'm on about, feel free to ask and i will gladly tell you

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:45pm

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:48pm
Don O'Riordan was not a bad player, i rember him scoring a cracker against spurs in a cup 1/4 final in 1990. I thinnk he was a Dub.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:53pm
Don is the lad withe mullet on the back row, Celtic fans will know Tommy Johnson in the front row, the fellow 3rd to the right is Neil warnock the manager of Notts County. They didn't always hit and rush it

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 7:22pm
They have 'One Size Fitz Hall' so they should be more than big enough to deal with life in the EPL!

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 12:54am

Latested news that they could be deducted 15 points .........

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Latested news that they could be deducted 15 points .........

If they finish up in the playoffs they could be in trouble because they are not playing particularly well....still hard to see them getting deducted 15 points

But if they knowingly sent the FA false documents, which is obn of the charges, they deserve it...

-------------

Posted By: Siralex
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 4:03am
I've a very strong feeling they will be deducted points.  There is a precedent.

Plus how hypocritical of that horrible man Neil Warnock!  Brilliant.  I see no reason why they can't be deducted.  But why has there been a huge delay in the investigation.....It seems to me their promotion is going to be finally guaranteed and a few days later they're gonna be told they are being deducted 10-points.  Crazy.....but I'll be delighted for Warnock!

-------------
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:31am
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3553711/The-FA-are-set-to-strip-QPR-of-promotion-to-the-Premier-League.html - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3553711/The-FA-are-set-to-strip-QPR-of-promotion-to-the-Premier-League.html
Oh no

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Bibi Baskin Bibi Baskin wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3553711/The-FA-are-set-to-strip-QPR-of-promotion-to-the-Premier-League.html - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3553711/The-FA-are-set-to-strip-QPR-of-promotion-to-the-Premier-League.html
Oh no

hopefully 25 points and leeds get into the playoffs!!!!

-------------

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 7:20am
the sun is full of sh*te

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: Justice No. 1
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:20am
this not happen two years ago though?
Bit late in the day to be dealing with it now if it did

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:23am
Originally posted by walsheman walsheman wrote:

the sun is full of sh*te

Try telling that to the plants you inconsiderate pr*ck. Angry

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by walsheman walsheman wrote:

the sun is full of sh*te

Try telling that to the plants you inconsiderate pr*ck. Angry
LOL

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 11:03am
QPR Promoted

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

QPR Promoted

until friday!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 11:15am
Will be bollix if they get a points deduction given West Ham got away with a fine

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Will be bollix if they get a points deduction given West Ham got away with a fine

A million people must have said that and its beyond me how those people cannot understand that the rules were not in place at the time of the tevez affair but they are now.

after that, the rules were put in place with points deduction being the sanction so the fact that west ham only got a fine is irrelevant. it was not a precedent. it was the only legal sanction the FA could use at the time and hence the reason the brought in the rules. So a points deduction is a real possibility and if they knowingly sent in false documents they deserve it

on the other hand even though warnock was calling points deductions the last time I would feel terribly soorry for him (& the players) if they did not go up automatic as he was not there when the player was signed and probably had no idea this might happen and for all his work to go to nothing would be a shame.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2011 at 6:13am
YOUYour wrong heyirish luton town got q points deduction before West ham

Posted By: Billy O'Toole
Date Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:20am
relegated me thinks

-------------
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count

Date Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:24am

YOUYour wrong heyirish luton town got q points deduction before West ham

was that not due to administration...that was 10 points for administration and 20 for doing something similar to leeds who got docked the 15....dont think it was 3rd party ownership....if that was the case they wouldnt have said their was no precedent for west ham to get docked points

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2011 at 4:36pm
There was ateam docked points before west ham just got no internet to check

Date Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:22am
Paddy Kenny got voted the QPR player of the season

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:50pm
THe West Han case will surely set the precedence for QPR and QPR will not get a points deduction but a fine instead.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:09am
Word is. QPR are fcuked.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:14am

THe West Han case will surely set the precedence for QPR and QPR will not get a points deduction but a fine instead.

But weren't the rules changed afterwards for that very reason?

They must be docked the points.

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

But weren't the rules changed afterwards for that very reason?

They must be docked the points.

Finally someone who knows the rules were changed

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:35am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Word is. QPR are fcuked.

are the fcuked to the tune of 20 points.....

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:46am
Yeah, I can't see how it is possible that they are going to avoid a points deduction to be honest.

There's talk they might still get promoted but start in the Prem with minus points. I think that's fairly unlikely though - if they don't get docked points that affect them immediately then the F.A are leaving themselves open for a number of clubs in the Championship to begin legal proceedings against them.

In short - Q.P.R = Fooked.

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:56am
Norwich will be champions so.

QPR will piss the play-offs.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:32am
word over here in london today is they'll get a fine at most. apparently the rules changed the season they signed him and it was QPR that went to the league. Apparently some ducking and diving between FA and Football League caused the confusion. The one charge (out of 7) that could stick is that they used a uefa licensed agent not recognised in uk, but apparently that kind of thing is commonplace. they may not even be fined

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:27am
verdict delayed until after weekend. Its scandalous this has been let run. I know everyone expects they wont be docked enough to go up but the fans cant fully celebrate until the verdict comes.....and no mention of whether they will get presented the trophy or not

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:07pm
getting the trophy on saturday Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 06 May 2011 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

Pfffffffff

That can all change today. Any word yet on the outcome of the tribunal??

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

word over here in london today is they'll get a fine at most. apparently the rules changed the season they signed him and it was QPR that went to the league. Apparently some ducking and diving between FA and Football League caused the confusion. The one charge (out of 7) that could stick is that they used a uefa licensed agent not recognised in uk, but apparently that kind of thing is commonplace. they may not even be fined

Clearly this make a big difference and it that's the case, a fine is all it should be.

Date Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:45am
found guilty on 2 charges but no points deduction........

-------------

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:02am
Great news for the club.

Date Posted: 07 May 2011 at 7:14am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

Pfffffffff

That can all change today. Any word yet on the outcome of the tribunal??

Pffffffff indeed trophy time today

Date Posted: 09 May 2011 at 3:39pm
Warnock can go ahead now and plan for the Premier league

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2011 at 6:52am
Were going up Beer

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:37am
Gwan QPR Clap

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:46am
Jaysus we give out about the FAI ticket prices. £47 pound for the chepest ticket to any game at loftus road. £72 dearest. they will be doing well to fill that for the not so glamourous games

-------------

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:07am
Absolute disgrace

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:05am

Jaysus we give out about the FAI ticket prices. £47 pound for the chepest ticket to any game at loftus road. £72 dearest. they will be doing well to fill that for the not so glamourous games
absolutely sickening form the rich club. Shows the depths the game has gone too really. Was looking forward to my QPR supporting buddy coming over for a weekend of beer and football on South Africa road, not sure if I'd refuse to buy the tickets on principle or poverty at that price!

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:06am
stg72 to watch qpr stoke in loftus roadDead

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:21am
GREEDY B*STARDS, for all his detractors, Al Fayed has backed his fans at Fulham with very competitive pricing of season tickets in the same area of London. Shame on Ecclestone/Bratore and co.. Good to see the QPR vice-chairman resign in protest at the decision

-------------

Posted By: greenarmy
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:23am
£60 in the school end for away fans Ouch

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:52am
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

£60 in the school end for away fans Ouch

amazingly, many on here think it's okay Confused either they must have plenty of money to throw away, or they don't  bring their kids to games 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

GREEDY B*STARDS, for all his detractors, Al Fayed has backed his fans at Fulham with very competitive pricing of season tickets in the same area of London. Shame on Ecclestone/Bratore and co.. Good to see the QPR vice-chairman resign in protest at the decision
Was out at the Fulham - Bolton game at the end of the season, first time in Craven Cottage. My mate had picked up two tickets online for £35. By QPR's pricing the cheapest for a similar nights entertainment next season being £94!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 6:40am
Sky reporting PSG have made a £13.5mil offer for Taarbt. Would explain the rumours yesterday of Warnock quitting as he is very loyal to his players and no doubt Flavio wanted to accept the offer and Warnock has said if his star player is to go then so will he

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 6:50am

Sky reporting PSG have made a £13.5mil offer for Taarbt. Would explain the rumours yesterday of Warnock quitting as he is very loyal to his players and no doubt Flavio wanted to accept the offer and Warnock has said if his star player is to go then so will he

thats hard to call because all in all i dont think he is worth 13.5million and its good money but who would they get to replace him. on his day he is class. The 2 goals he scored against cardiff last year were unreal

Thr rumours re: warnock just dont seem to go away

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 7:05am

thats hard to call because all in all i dont think he is worth 13.5million and its good money but who would they get to replace him. on his day he is class. The 2 goals he scored against cardiff last year were unreal

Thr rumours re: warnock just dont seem to go away
He did something similiar at Sheff Utd the summer before we got promoted in that after a good few years the club received offers for 1 or 2 of its better players so Warnock issued an ultimatium that if theyre sold he'll walk, in the end he won and also got the backing of the chairman to go on a spending spree which ultimatly led to promotion.

PSG have offered the money as Leonardo as taken over and is now in direct competition with the russian club Anzhi & Malaga in the we have a billionaire owner and are gonna buy every half decent player this summer that the other 2 rich clubs City and Chelsea dont go for. There's also the problem that Warnock favours having 1 "bums on seat" player and it would be extremely hard for them to find this type of player I reckon.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 7:15am
Would be bad news for the Premiership if Tarabat did go to PSG - he's a fantastic entertainer and I've been looking forward to seeing how he gets on against top flight defences!

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:40am
heard yesterday warnock was fining players for passing to him in their own half last season, using video evidence to penalise the offenders LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:07pm
What is going on at QPR, Its now over 6 weeks since they won promotion to the EPL and they have yet to make a signing. They have been linked with a number players but they have yet to seal the deal.  They have agreed a fee with Peterboro for Craig Machel Smith but he refused to sign because Warnock couldn't confirm that he will be in charge at the start of the season. Mackel Smith has since signed for Brighton, a team that has just got promoted to the championship. QPR star player Abel Taarabt has been linked with a number of clubs of late.

Warnock doesn't have the financial backing that is needed to compete at this level. Both Norwich & Swansea have strenghtened their squad some bit but QPR have yet to splash the cash yet. This is not a way to prepare for a season in the Premier League.

The QPR board need to back there man and give sufficient funds to Warnock to add some quality to his squad. They also need to back him with a new contract and let him approach the new season in the right frame of mind and end this current uncertainy

-------------

Posted By: Croker Boy
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:24pm
There has been a lot of talk lately about a takeover at the club with a Russian billionaire who is
wealthier than Abromovich being mentioned this morning.Something  definitely going on behind the
scene. It would explain why no money is being spent and why no shirt sponsor has yet been
foundConfused

-------------
Crock crock

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Croker Boy Croker Boy wrote:

There has been a lot of talk lately about a takeover at the club with a Russian billionaire who is
wealthier than Abromovich being mentioned this morning.Something  definitely going on behind the
scene. It would explain why no money is being spent and why no shirt sponsor has yet been
foundConfused
Even if they are being taken over, Warnock needs to be backed financially to enable them to compete this year.

-------------

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 5:21pm
Sorry but QPR don't have the fanbase to get anywhere near their neighbours Chelsea, even if they were bought by a billionaire. All this supposed interest is because of their prime location in West London, but that's all they have to offer.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 7:37am
warnock expects tarrabt to leave. huge loss for QPR

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:18am
heard today barry fry on talksport saying mackail-simth was agreed with warnock but qpr's owners put the block on it, they are in serious trouble next season

-------------

Posted By: Croker Boy
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:29am
While you are correct that Qpr can't compete with Chelsea crowd wise at the moment and it is
unlikely they ever will, I think you would be foolish to disregard the benefits of having a billionaire
owner like Abromovich.
Were it not for Abromovich and his billions, Chelsea would not be able to afford the huge transfer fees
and wages they pay. At the same time Chelsea's crowds are nothing special by Prem'ship
standards and Chelsea are not a club who are going to fill the stadium when things are not going well.

Thumbs Down Having an owner who is willing back the club with his millions/billions makes all the difference
and shouldn't be taken lightly.  

-------------
Crock crock

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:21pm
Just think that if a billionaire took over QPR, it would be a mockery of the power of money in the EPL. At least Chelsea and Man City both had good sized fanbases when they were bought. And it could still end in tears for either club if either of their respective owners cleared off in the future, but their following would at least mean that they continued to exist. QPR's support is minute in comparison, and their only attractive point is their location.

Look at Blackburn. Their wealth in the 90s got them the title, but they don't have a huge fanbase and have reached their glass ceiling.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net