Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=27962
Printed Date: 17 May 2024 at 8:18pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: YBig's Holding Midfielder
Posted By: Siralex
Subject: YBig's Holding Midfielder
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:44am
Right boys and girls - we are looking for our number 6. A disciplined player for our midfield. A reader of the game who also uses the ball well. It was hard to narrow this down to 8. A couple of these have been playing really well recently, but vote overrall on who you would use to shore up the Premier League's midfield. This one will be close!

Replies:
Posted By: ScruffyR
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:46am
No contest here at all, has to be essien, miles ahead of everyone else on the list Thumbs%20Up

-------------
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:48am
I agree with ye Scruffy. But too many people are voting on what they last saw in these polls. For me, Essien without even looking!

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:50am
interesting
big fan of Essien+De Jong
will go for Essien,does a great job holding but can also get forward+get a goal or assist,uses the ball better then big Nige aswell
love De Jongs no nonsense style

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:52am
Essien.

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:54am
Where's Cheik Tiote?

He's be quality anytime i've seen him this year.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:56am
essien by a country mile alright , fantastic player

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:57am
13th on the list Tiote. Getting more consistent, but not consistent enough. His partner in crime at the Toon is a much better player as it stands. Shaky at the start of this season Tiote - but playing very well since Christmas.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 4:05am
De Jongs a more limited player but as a holding midfielder is better i think

Essien is the better all-round midfielder, box to box and weighs in with a few goals
Him and De Jong play differing roles though for their clubs, De Jong sits and protects the back four, never venturing too far forward with defence his main objective, John Obi Mikel does this for Chelsea mostly, Essien plays further forward

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 4:47am
Anyone who says they would rather any other player than Essien from that list on their team is lying.

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:18am
Essien, the lad is an absolute beast.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:23am
can i ask who voted for Wilshere+why?

-------------

Posted By: Justice No. 1
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:32am
good God No Fellaini!! Still only 22 and absolutely unplayable on his day. Plus he looks like Screech from Saved By The Bell. What more do you want !

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:36am
I'm surprised Scott Parker hasn't got a few votes. It was a close call between him and Essien for me.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:55am

If it was a team of the season Sham I would have voted for Parker. His career has taken a strange route since he left Charlton but there is no doubting his quality. He is class and is trying almost single handedly to keep West Ham up. Wilshere has all the m,akings of a great player but hasn't done anything yet but I believe he will live up to the hype. Fletcher is a good player and along with De Jong probably the most natural holding player, still question Song's ability at the very top, likewise Barton  and don't rate Barry at all.

Therefore Essien gets the vote, he has been one of the best premier league players of the new millenium. Absolutely awesome. At times he absolutely steamrolls teams. Has there been a physically stronger or fitter player in the EPL?

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:25am
Has to be Essien. Wilshere could easily turn into the best but it's way too early to be voting for him.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

good God No Fellaini!! Still only 22 and absolutely unplayable on his day. Plus he looks like Screech from Saved By The Bell. What more do you want !

Justice I really hope Everton don't start winning trophies cos u would be such a sickening hoor to listen to if they did, you biased blue ya

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:14am

Yep he should be in the poll alright. We know Chelsea are eyeing him up at the moment.

But what can you expect when the poll should be called 'What is the best combined Man U and Chelsea team'?

Farcical.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Yep he should be in the poll alright. We know Chelsea are eyeing him up at the moment.

But what can you expect when the poll should be called 'What is the best combined Man U and Chelsea team'?

Farcical.

LOL

Siralex even excluded Nasri from the position he has played for most of this season in case he beat a United player in the poll

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:21am

Farcical.

I have disagreed with a few of Alex's final eights but think this is about right, although I would swap Barry for Tiote personally. Feillaini has alot of ability but his temperment is still a major problem, not just with the obvious free kicks, cards and suspensions but how he plays the game when too wound up.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Yep he should be in the poll alright. We know Chelsea are eyeing him up at the moment. But what can you expect when the poll should be called 'What is the best combined Man U and Chelsea team'? Farcical.

I have disagreed with a few of Alex#s final eights but think this is about right although I would swap Barry for Tiote personally. Feillaini has alot of ability but his temperment is till a major problem, not just with the obvious free kicks, cards and suspensions but how he plays the game when too wound up.

He was blabbering on yesterday about how Seamus Coleman did not deserve to be in the poll because he was not experienced enough, and provided false figures in an attempt to justify this.

Now he has included Jack Wilshere, who while talented, is only playing in his first full season for Arsenal. It's a total contradiction, and a complete joke. Top 4 bias ? You'd better believe it.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:30am

Yep he should be in the poll alright. We know Chelsea are eyeing him up at the moment. But what can you expect when the poll should be called 'What is the best combined Man U and Chelsea team'? Farcical.

I have disagreed with a few of Alex#s final eights but think this is about right although I would swap Barry for Tiote personally. Feillaini has alot of ability but his temperment is till a major problem, not just with the obvious free kicks, cards and suspensions but how he plays the game when too wound up.

He was blabbering on yesterday about how Seamus Coleman did not deserve to be in the poll because he was not experienced enough, and provided false figures in an attempt to justify this.

Now he has included Jack Wilshere, who while talented, is only playing in his first full season for Arsenal. It's a total contradiction, and a complete joke. Top 4 bias ? You'd better believe it.

It is always likely the top 4 will provide the majority f players-there is a reason they are top 4. Well I know this is not a debate on form, that of Wilshere means he certainly deserves consideration. Coleman too could be considered but IMO falls short of top 8.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:44am
I'll ask again is this based on this year performances or is it, if you had to choose a player right now to put in your own team

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:53am

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Bias?  You're accusing me of bias? LOL LOL LOL LOL

This coming from a fella who wants Fellaini as part of the Top 8 Holding Midfielders in the Premier League and was crying yesterday because Seamus Coleman wasn't in the Top 8Right-Wingers in the Premier League?

How bloody ironic!  You really are some tulip my man.  I'm gonna stop giving you attention now - because it's clear to everyone you are desperate for some!

LOL

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:01am
My lords, ladies and gentlemen...

Arise, SirB*llix

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:12am
Barry Ferguson for me..and has Joey Barton not played right midfield for the majority of the season?

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:12am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Barry Ferguson for me..and has Joey Barton not played right midfield for the majority of the season?

yeah thought that meself

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:21am
Xabi Alonso Cry

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:21am

This season?  Yeah - a lot of it.

And, sorry - do you think Barry Ferguson is a better holding midfielder than Michael Essien?

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:25am
I'm not gona vote in this one.

Only 2 of the players on the list are actual holding midfielders in my opinion.That would be Song and De Jong.I wouldn't have either of them in my team so I'm not gona vote.Just my own opinion on things.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:29am
You are probably correct Z. Combative or hard-working probably more apt.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:48am

Only 2 of the players on the list are actual holding midfielders in my opinion.That would be Song and De Jong.I wouldn't have either of them in my team so I'm not gona vote.Just my own opinion on things.

Who is the best holding midfielder in the Prem in your opinion so?

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Barry Ferguson.

A holding midfielder should always be goal side of the ball.The likes of Fletcher,Essien aren't that type of player.Mikel plays the roll for Chelsea.Karl Henry at Wolves.They hold the middle of the pitch,screen in front of the back four and don't venture forward.

I think Ferguson is the best type of this kind of player in the PL.Very intelligent player,doesn't give the ball away,gets his foot in.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:59am
De Jongs better than Ferguson at that job is he not
Would Fergie start on the Dutch team?

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:06am

Correct and Correct boyZ.
Fellaini on the other hand is an actual holding midfielder whilst he can play further forward this is his preffered and best position 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

De Jongs better than Ferguson at that job is he not
Would Fergie start on the Dutch team?

I'm just not a fan of De Jong.I think Ferguson is a smashing player,he wouldn't get the credit on this site due to his Rangers history.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:10am

Barry Ferguson.

A holding midfielder should always be goal side of the ball.The likes of Fletcher,Essien aren't that type of player.Mikel plays the roll for Chelsea.Karl Henry at Wolves.They hold the middle of the pitch,screen in front of the back four and don't venture forward.

I think Ferguson is the best type of this kind of player in the PL.Very intelligent player,doesn't give the ball away,gets his foot in.

Wow - some really bad observations there Z.  Fletcher/Essien/Barry/Song/barton etc are all holding midfielders...All of them.  How you see Barry ferguson as someone who's better than them is mind-boggling.  Have you not seen Darren Fletcher playing for Manchester United - they're on the TV every week with him sitting in midifled breaking up play.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:19am

Barry Ferguson.

Wow - some really bad observations there Z.  Fletcher/Essien/Barry/Song/barton etc are all holding midfielders...All of them.  How you see Barry ferguson as someone who's better than them is mind-boggling.  Have you not seen Darren Fletcher playing for Manchester United - they're on the TV every week with him sitting in midifled breaking up play.
why no fellaini siralex in fairness? i know you think I'm biased but honestly if you watch Everton a lot when this guy is up for it he reminds me of a young Roy Keane. He's still quite young and there are aspects he can improve on as well for sure but he's one player that defo shoulda made the shortlist for this position

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:23am
I'm a Fellaini fan.  There's still some big improvements needed though.  I'd worry about his focus.  While he has great determination and decent fitness levels, he seems to have a bit of weird focus problem that can lead to some really sloppy play.  Terrible unneeded fouls when chasing play and some really bad passing decisions when on the ball.  His best attribte to me is being used in set-piece situations.  But with regards just being a holding midfielder - I'd pick all 8 above ahead of him...If it's any consolation, I much prefer him to Barry Ferguson!

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:23am
Disagree,as I said,in my definition of what a holding midfielder is, Fletcher and Essien in particular are not those type of players.De Jong,Henry,Mikel and the original holding midfielder Makelele would never be caught ahead of the ball like Essien and Fletcher.

Essien is the best player on that list but I certainly wouldn't play him in a two man midfield with a Lampard,Gerrard,Van Der Vaart.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:24am
Essien for me by miles and miles. Although he's looked human of late, on his day he is pretty much unplayable. His goal against Barca in the CL semi-final a couple of years back is one of the best strikes I have ever seen in terms of the difficulty of its execution.

A few people on here have said that Essien is more box-to-box then holding, and while that has been true in the main, he has played the holding role a number of times over the years and has excelled at it. He has also excelled at right back a few times - but the fact is he is totally wasted if he is employed as anything other than a box-to-box midfielder.

This preference for box-to-box doesn't detract from my belief that he is the best holding midfielder in the league however. Who even comes close to him in fairness? Just because someone doesn't do something regularly doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't still the best at it. Does anyone remember the job he did on Gerrard in the CL a few years back? Played the holding role to an absolute tee that night - Liverpool didn't get a sniff.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:27am
@ Z; I definitely would play Essien in a two-man midfield with Gerrard/Lampard/van Der Vaart whoever.  I think he is the perefct man for that position.  I don't see Essien as a player that plays ahead of teh ball at all.  If I were managing a team playing a top Europena side tomorrow I'd pick Michael Essien out of any player in Europe to be th eman to deny the opposition the chance to create from midfield.  A great reader of the game, a great ball-winner, a great user of the ball and, more importantly, a player that does a job he is asked to do! Very disciplined in that way.  Fletcher is the exact same, so is Barry Parker, De Jong etc - Everyone on that list is a holding player that can vreak up teh opposition play.  That's why they are here.  I'm aboslutely baffled that you don't think that's what Fletcher does for United!

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:30am
Essien is unreal, the one player i've wanted at United more than any other to replace Keano, sickenin Chelski got him!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:31am

Right boys and girls - we are looking for our number 6. A disciplined player for our midfield. A reader of the game who also uses the ball well. It was hard to narrow this down to 8. A couple of these have been playing really well recently, but vote overrall on who you would use to shore up the Premier League's midfield. This one will be close!

a walkover

his central mid partner should be the closest poll of them all with Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard, VDV, Nasri etc in contention

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:34am

a walkover

his central mid partner should be the closest poll of them all with Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard, VDV, Nasri etc in contention

I think the playmaking midfielder will be really close.  I thought this would be close cos I figured Scott Parker and Jack Wilshere would get more votes due to their brilliant recent performances - but thankfully that hasn't been the case. Left-wing is no walkover either....but somebody will probably run away with it.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:35am

I'm a Fellaini fan.  There's still some big improvements needed though.  I'd worry about his focus.  While he has great determination and decent fitness levels, he seems to have a bit of weird focus problem that can lead to some really sloppy play.  Terrible unneeded fouls when chasing play and some really bad passing decisions when on the ball.  His best attribte to me is being used in set-piece situations.  But with regards just being a holding midfielder - I'd pick all 8 above ahead of him...If it's any consolation, I much prefer him to Barry Ferguson!
thats a fair point. prime example was his world class display against sh*tteh and then the week later against Bolton he seemed spaced out of it with no focus at all. Given he's only still 22 he will hopefully eventually get rid of this from his game. Would still have him in their though on his super displays as oppossed to the few outta focus ones!

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:35am
essien is an athlete, not a footballer, god some of yas are so seduced by the EPL, an athlete first and foremost.

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:37am
I agree that he has the discipline to play the roll and as Devro said he even played right full effectively but to get the best out of him,in my opinion,you have to let him loose,let him get amongst the opposition,make powerful forward runs,he has too much in his locker to play the holding midfielder roll.

You are saying that the players above can wreck opposition play,I wouldn't say thats why you would play a holding midfielder though.Players like Parker,Fletcher,Essien are ball winners,put people under pressure,their work rate and energy is the main part of their game.

I would play a player like that in midfield with a genuine sitter like Mikel,De Jong,Ferguson.While Essien is making his forward bursts,closing down players all over the pitch,doing what he does best you'll need a player in there beside him to hold the middle of the pitch.If you have a Lampard in there with him then the centre of the pitch is empty because Lampard will want to get into the box as much as he can.

-------------

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:39am
ya need someone that can pass the ball, well if ya want to play football that is.

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:39am

thats a fair point. prime example was his world class display against sh*tteh and then the week later against Bolton he seemed spaced out of it with no focus at all. Given he's only still 22 he will hopefully eventually get rid of this from his game. Would still have him in their though on his super displays as oppossed to the few outta focus ones!

I can only count Alex Ferguson above David Moyes with regards getting consistency from players over a long-period of time.  If Fellaini stays with Moyes managing him....I have no doubt whatsoever that he will become a consistent performer and a top Premier League player.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:40am
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

ya need someone that can pass the ball, well if ya want to play football that is.

...and are you saying Michael Essien doesn't use the ball well?

Shocked

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:43am

I agree that he has the discipline to play the roll and as Devro said he even played right full effectively but to get the best out of him,in my opinion,you have to let him loose,let him get amongst the opposition,make powerful forward runs,he has too much in his locker to play the holding midfielder roll.

You are saying that the players above can wreck opposition play,I wouldn't say thats why you would play a holding midfielder though.Players like Parker,Fletcher,Essien are ball winners,put people under pressure,their work rate and energy is the main part of their game.

I would play a player like that in midfield with a genuine sitter like Mikel,De Jong,Ferguson.While Essien is making his forward bursts,closing down players all over the pitch,doing what he does best you'll need a player in there beside him to hold the middle of the pitch.If you have a Lampard in there with him then the centre of the pitch is empty because Lampard will want to get into the box as much as he can.

I genuinely can't agree with that Z I'm afraid.  A combination of Essien with someone like Gerrard is about as good as you could get as a two-man combo in midfield.  Essien is never ahead of the ball.

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:43am
No Lucas?? Shocked

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

No Lucas?? Shocked

No - no Lucas - he came 13th in the poll.  Has only become a consistent holding midfielder since November...And he can still have a shockingly bad game.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:45am

I genuinely can't agree with that Z I'm afraid.  A combination of Essien with someone like Gerrard is about as good as you could get as a two-man combo in midfield.  Essien is never ahead of the ball.

Id always play 3 in the middle but thats another kettle of fish..

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:47am

Id always play 3 in the middle but thats another kettle of fish..

I'm with you on that.  Two holding players and an attacking midfielder with a striker up top. Then two wide attacking players.  But I figured I'd go old school 4-4-2 for the YBig team as it gives people the best opportunity to vote the best players of particular positions.  They'd also want to pick two forwards.

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:48am

No Lucas?? Shocked

No - no Lucas - he came 13th in the poll.  Has only become a consistent holding midfielder since November...And he can still have a shockingly bad game.

haha, yeh I wouldn't have him near the poll, just takin the mick there!

i think we need to ship him out to push on to be honest! a liability, with 2 or 3 good games a season!

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:48am

No Lucas?? Shocked

I thought Tiote was 13th!! Confused

I'm callin shenanigans on these polls!!!

SHENANIGANS, SHENANIGANS!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:50am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

No Lucas?? Shocked

Sorry that was supposed to be 12th for Lucas.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:51am

No Lucas?? Shocked

Was just thinking the same, joint 13th obviously!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:52am

No Lucas?? Shocked

Sorry that was supposed to be 12th for Lucas.

Lucas wouldn't even be 112th imo!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:53am
No, no - let me get this straight - not that it matters - Tiote was 12th, Lucas 13th.  I meant to type 12 for Tiote.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:58am

I think I understand where Z is coming from - and it's basically down to the terminology of the position. That's fair enough, and I accept all the points you have made, but I would ask you this: Despite the fact that Ferguson is more naturally a holding midfield player, would you pick him ahead of Essien in the holding role? As I said before, Essien doesn't do that job any more as a far less skilled player - in the form of Mikel - can perform the role adequately enough for Chelsea's liking. Again, Essien is wasted as anything other than a box-to-box midfielder, but it doesn't necessarily mean wouldn't perform the holding role better than any other player in the league.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 11:01am

No, no - let me get this straight - not that it matters - Tiote was 12th, Lucas 13th.  I meant to type 12 for Tiote.

Tut tut tut

Just make sure you have Leon Osman and Mikel Arteta on the next few polls, for Justices sake

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I think I understand where Z is coming from - and it's basically down to the terminology of the position. That's fair enough, and I accept all the points you have made, but I would ask you this: Despite the fact that Ferguson is more naturally a holding midfield player, would you pick him ahead of Essien in the holding role? As I said before, Essien doesn't do that job any more as a far less skilled player - in the form of Mikel - can perform the role adequately enough for Chelsea's liking. Again, Essien is wasted as anything other than a box-to-box midfielder, but it doesn't necessarily mean wouldn't perform the holding role better than any other player in the league.

No - if I had to chose a midfield player to break up the play of the opposition - out of every player in the Premier League I would chose Michael Essien. A holding midfielder holds when the opposition have the ball.  Roy Keane ran box-to-box but he was a holding midfielder - that was his main job; to break up the play of the opposition.

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 11:36am
Essien for meThumbs%20Up

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 11:57am
I love tulips

Posted By: ScruffyR
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:44pm
Just curious siralex.was palacios anywhere near getting into the top 8 for this?

-------------
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by ScruffyR ScruffyR wrote:

Just curious siralex.was palacios anywhere near getting into the top 8 for this?

I'm a big Palacios fan - to the extent I don't understand why Harry isn't basing his whole midfield around him, seriously!  Just missed out - Barry pipped him to 8th.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:58pm

Spot on Justice - he's having a great season and has come on leaps and bounds since he first arrived. How Fletcher can be in any poll above him defies belief, until you remember that the "poll" was set by a Man Utd supporter who going by the above post, seems to think he is more knowledgeable about football than his namesake. You can bet if Fellaini goes to Chelsea he will suddenly 'qualify' to be in a poll here. Unadulterated pro - Sky 4 farce.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 1:07pm
Do grow up Emerald.  The irony of you going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Top 4 this or Top 4 that...Have you any idea how desperate and bitter you sound? 

All you do is constantly sprout utter bullsh*t about Everton and when you aren't sprouting bullsh*t about Everton you are having a go at people for just talking about certain clubs (not club, clubs).  Are you too dumb to understand the irony there?

If you think Darren Fletcher is better than Marouane Fellaini you need your head testing mate.  I wonder who Sir Alex Ferguson thinks is better, or maybe who Daid Moyes thinks is better...seeing as he tried to sign Darren Fletcher and when he couldn't, turned to Fellaini?

Grow the f**k up and cop on.  Can you not see that wheat you are writing is utter tripe?

You are the fella that admitted he can't bring himself to admit hwen a rival player is good anyway, so why should we listen or repsect anything you have to say about football when you don't even believe what you are saying.  In fact, why don't you just stay out of these polls and forums because we can't trust your judgement - and if you look at all of them (all the polls) you have done nothing but bleat on and on about why Everton fans aren't involved.  It's pathetic. You've even tried to tell me in one discussion about teh best goalkeeper ever that Neville Southhall was the best keeper of all time!  Please stop coming across like an utter goon.  No one respects anything you have to say - so just stop embarrassing yourself.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 1:24pm
Yet again Alex you have gone ott on the personal insults but I agree with your points.

Personally I think Feillani has the potential to be the player picked in any similar debate in two or three years time. As of now I would still have him outside the top 8 and I am not a fan of an EPL club and have a quite a large curried chip on my shoulder about Murdoch mansion.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 1:26pm
Ah yes.

The invocation of Internet Posting Rule 51(c), subsection 3.1, which states:

"If you cannot respond to a poster who makes a valid argument against your own, tell him/her to 'grow up', thereby inferring that the poster is too young to understand your argument. If you resort to this, you can usually squirm your way out of it. You can also accuse the poster of 'sprouting utter bullsh*t', being 'dumb', 'needing their head tested', needing to 'cop on', 'writing utter tripe', in an attempt to deflect attention from the inadequacies of your own argument."

Subsection 3.2 then states:

"If this doesn't work, you can then start using more colourful language, but be warned that to do this may result in you getting banned from using the website."

Careful now.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 1:30pm
"You've even tried to tell me in one discussion about teh best goalkeeper ever that Neville Southhall was the best keeper of all time! "

Utter fantasy. Show me where I said this.

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 1:37pm
essien without a shadow of a doubt for me

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 1:39pm

Ah yes.

The invocation of Internet Posting Rule 51(c), subsection 3.1, which states:

"If you cannot respond to a poster who makes a valid argument against your own, tell him/her to 'grow up', thereby inferring that the poster is too young to understand your argument. If you resort to this, you can usually squirm your way out of it. You can also accuse the poster of 'sprouting utter bullsh*t', being 'dumb', 'needing their head tested', needing to 'cop on', 'writing utter tripe', in an attempt to deflect attention from the inadequacies of your own argument."

Subsection 3.2 then states:

"If this doesn't work, you can then start using more colourful language, but be warned that to do this may result in you getting banned from using the website."

Careful now.

Yeah?  You should read the bits in between!

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:45pm
how did Fellini play 2nite lads,any use?

-------------

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:46pm
Essien even though he has been atrocious this year.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:53pm

Do grow up Emerald.  The irony of you going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Top 4 this or Top 4 that...Have you any idea how desperate and bitter you sound?  All you do is constantly sprout utter bullsh*t about Everton and when you aren't sprouting bullsh*t about Everton you are having a go at people for just talking about certain clubs (not club, clubs).  Are you too dumb to understand the irony there?If you think Darren Fletcher is better than Marouane Fellaini you need your head testing mate.  I wonder who Sir Alex Ferguson thinks is better, or maybe who Daid Moyes thinks is better...seeing as he tried to sign Darren Fletcher and when he couldn't, turned to Fellaini?Grow the f**k up and cop on.  Can you not see that wheat you are writing is utter tripe?You are the fella that admitted he can't bring himself to admit hwen a rival player is good anyway, so why should we listen or repsect anything you have to say about football when you don't even believe what you are saying.  In fact, why don't you just stay out of these polls and forums because we can't trust your judgement - and if you look at all of them (all the polls) you have done nothing but bleat on and on about why Everton fans(?) aren't involved.  It's pathetic. You've even tried to tell me in one discussion about teh best goalkeeper ever that Neville Southhall was the best keeper of all time!  Please stop coming across like an utter goon.  No one respects anything you have to say - so just stop embarrassing yourself.

An imbecilic and puerile rant from someone who resorts to throwing insults and personal abuse when another poster picks holes in his argument. Utterly embarrassing for the author, and not the first time he has prostituted himself in this manner for all to see.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

how did Fellini play 2nite lads,any use?

Out injured BSM. Sorely missed.

Now out for the rest of the season.

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 2:55am
watched a lot of Essein last night any time he was in the picture
was far from just holding,can see what Z means
explosive sort of performance from him,he was fookin all over the pitch,getting beyond the ball an awfull lot,smashing player tho whatever ye want to call him!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 4:54am
Looks like Essien has walked this one anway. Still only Chelsea and United players in the team!

If the left winger thread is next though that will certainly come to an end.

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:00am
All over - Jack WIlshere finished second on 15.8percent but Essien has walked away with this and will wear our number 6 jersey.

The left-wing poll will go up tomorrow! Thanks for voting!

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:01am

All over - Jack WIlshere finished second on 15.8percent but Essien has walked away with this and will wear our number 6 jersey.

The left-wing poll will go up tomorrow! Thanks for voting!
excellent workClap

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:03am
why not today?

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:06am
Ah f**k it Baggio - let's do it today! I am a bit busy but I'll throw it up now in a sec!

Posted By: zoolander
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:07am
Sir Alex - a role model to us all, a team player...

i don't care what anyone says about you slur, i think you're alright.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:12am
sure what the feck would we do for the next 24 hours if we couldnt argue about why Ryan Giggs is on the left wingers list while Dimitar Biliyaletidinov is the latest Toffee to be ignored, and question why Jonas Gutierrez is only ranked 16th on the list Siralex keeps on his laptop?!!

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:16am

sure what the feck would we do for the next 24 hours if we couldnt argue about why Ryan Giggs is on the left wingers list while Dimitar Biliyaletidinov is the latest Toffee to be ignored, and question why Jonas Gutierrez is only ranked 16th on the list Siralex keeps on his laptop?!!

Stop hacking in to my laptop!!!!!!!

Thanks Zoolander - I think you're alright too. f**k it - you're much more than alright!

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:19am

LOLLOLClap

POTY

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:30am

LOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:27pm
Where is Paul Scholes going to come into this polling?

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 3:52am
The creative midfield role I presume

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 3:58am

Scholes wont be on any polls i wouldnt think

Too old to play many games these days and when he does he can only last an hour. Its the best current XI in the league, Scholes struggles to make Uniteds best XI most weeks

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 9:05pm
I see that Tim Sherwood and Les Ferdinand don't like holding midfielders and think Claude Makelele was the worst thing to happen to the EPL.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 9:13pm
Sherwood doesn't believe in tactics or formations either. He just plays 4-4-2. End of.

I think it was on BBC focus or something.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Boban
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

I see that Tim Sherwood and Les Ferdinand don't like holding midfielders and think Claude Makelele was the worst thing to happen to the EPL.

Shocking the amount of room Silva has in that area every time he gets on the ball

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 10:57pm
He wants his defenders to defend (despite having Walker and Rose first choice),his midfielders to play midfield,and his strikers to score goals.Football for eejits in other words

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 11:01pm
I can't stand Sherwood, arrogant English príck

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

I can't stand Sherwood, arrogant English príck

YBIG Meltdown material

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com