URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=27039
Printed Date: 30 Apr 2024 at 3:54am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Israelis unhappy at us
Posted By: Sham157
Subject: Israelis unhappy at us
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 12:39pm

we've only gone a pissed off the Israelis again Cry    Clap

The Government has decided to upgrade the status of the Palestinian diplomatic delegation in Ireland to a mission - a rank below an embassy.

'The Palestinian delegation will from now on be known as the Palestinian mission,' the spokeswoman said, saying it put Ireland in line with similar decisions announced by fellow EU members France, Spain and Portugal.

Israel later condemned Ireland's 'long-standing biased policy on the Middle East'.

'We regret this Irish decision, though it comes as no surprise,' a foreign ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor told AFP.

'This will only strengthen the Palestinians' rejection of any return to direct dialogue and peace negotiations.'

France upgraded the Palestinians to the rank of mission in July last year, while Spain followed suit in September.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0125/mideast.html - http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0125/mideast.html

Replies:
Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 12:46pm
Fook em, they'll have Mark Regev spinning that Israel is not responsible for the plantation by its citizens of Palestinian lands nor does it condone such action. However, if those citizens build homes there, the IDF will have to defend the zionist expansion

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 12:48pm
I love my jewish brothers and sisters. Withdraw that statement at once! withdraw!

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: TAFKAS
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I love my jewish brothers and sisters. Withdraw that statement at once! withdraw!

WITHDRAW!!!! LOL Clap

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 12:56pm
isarel = scum

Posted By: dublin-hammer
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

isarel = scum

Clap

-------------
I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:27pm
Cant stand the ****s

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:39pm
anyone ever been to israel?

best welcome ireland fans have gotten anywhere according to most who travelled in 2005. too many issues involved to make sweeping statements such as israel = scum

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:41pm
I think of Israel in a similar way I think of the Daily Mail.
Anything they're against is generally good for the rest of humanity.

-------------
City Till I Die

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

best welcome ireland fans have gotten anywhere according to most who travelled in 2005. too many issues involved to make sweeping statements such as israel = scum

Was there myself and we did indeed get a wonderful welcome and had a fantastic time.

However, what they're doing to the Palestinian people, and what they did to the aid flotillas is nothing short barbaric and as such, I am quite happy to label the Israeli regime as scum.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 2:03pm
nobody is disputing the tactics of some elements of their political/military system. nobody distinguished between this and ordinary israeli people above. were the irish happy when a certain element of british society tarred us all with one brush?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 2:10pm

nobody is disputing the tactics of some elements of their political/military system. nobody distinguished between this and ordinary israeli people above. were the irish happy when a certain element of british society tarred us all with one brush?

Thats why I used the term RegimeBig%20smile

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 2:12pm

nobody is disputing the tactics of some elements of their political/military system. nobody distinguished between this and ordinary israeli people above.

Thought I was clear by using zionist expansion and IDF?

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 2:15pm
sorry jb excepting your goodself

-------------

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 2:22pm
Israel = BulliesThumbs%20Down

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 2:55pm
who cares what the israelis think? we'll do what we want

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:04pm
being honest i couldnt give a sh*t about the diplomatic spat, but tarring a group of people as scum is not on imo

we've been down this road before here though

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

who cares what the israelis think? we'll do what Europe, The Banks, the IMF, some fellah that smells of piss down an alley want

Fixed that for you UCD

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 1:31am

being honest i couldnt give a sh*t about the diplomatic spat, but tarring a group of people as scum is not on imo

we've been down this road before here though

Yer Tom people have their minds set and I would say most of them have never been to Isreal, but saying that I am not to keen about the people of North Korea WinkWinkWinkWinkWink

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:11am
loads of israelis are against their governments policy , sound familiar ?

but personally i will never forgive them for Dudu Angry

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 3:35am
agreed roger, dudu = scum but the nation as a whole aint Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:01am

People shouldn't make stupid comments unless they fully understand the middle east. I've met a lot of Israeli's on my travels and in the whole they were very nice people although a lot of Israeli men I've met are obnoxious and arrogant c**ts the women on the other hand were the complete opposite.

People bleat on about how bad they treat the palestinians but nobody ever says anything about how bad the palestinians treat each other.

Would you not have the same attitude when surrounded by arabs who want nothing more than to have you "wiped off the face of the earth".

I'm not an Israeli sympathiser neither am I a Palestinian sympathiser but people seem to think that everything they listen to on the news is gospel. Well it's not! Certain people/groups have agendas and the use the media to get those agendas across to the ordinary folk who haven't bothered studying the issue.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Justice No. 1
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 7:58am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Was there myself and we did indeed get a wonderful welcome and had a fantastic time.

However, what they're doing to the Palestinian people, and what they did to the aid flotillas is nothing short barbaric and as such, I am quite happy to label the Israeli regime as scum.
Plus one they are robbing oppresive scum 12 year child murdering scum who stole palastinian land. Utter bullsh*te that that kip was the best welcome Ireland fans ever received. Probably all the bandwagoners on their first trip came out with tat crap

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:02am
I thought the Israelis and the US got along?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

good one hokinsLOL

Posted By: The_Yank
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:54am

It is a strategic agreement, as they are the biggest ally in the region.. but it is rooted in political correctness, guilt, and a tradition of turning a blind eye to their oppressive tactics and policies towards Palestine.

No time for the that government since they attacked a US Naval Intelligence Ship in the 60's killing a lot of people after they gathered intell on them about their human rights abuses and claimed it was an accident. Scum Angry

-------------
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:30am
Originally posted by colemany2k colemany2k wrote:

People shouldn't make stupid comments unless they fully understand the middle east. I've met a lot of Israeli's on my travels and in the whole they were very nice people although a lot of Israeli men I've met are obnoxious and arrogant c**ts the women on the other hand were the complete opposite.

Met plenty of them travelling too, especially in India, and for the most part they were complete pr*cks. They cant help it, they are all a product of army conscription that turns them into paranoid, self-absorbed, arrogant dickheads that think the whole world is out to get them.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:50am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by colemany2k colemany2k wrote:

Met plenty of them travelling too, especially in India, and for the most part they were complete pr*cks. They cant help it, they are all a product of army conscription that turns them into paranoid, self-absorbed, arrogant dickheads that think the whole world is out to get them.

correctClap

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:58am

Apart from Tom on this thread how many have you have been to Isreal ??????

Remember in 1947 when this land was to be divided into quaters the Arabs were to be given the two best quarters but they wanted all of it " we will not rest until every jew is driven from our land " Now I can't remember how said this off the top of my head but it says it all really .

30 Abrab countries and how may jewish states ????

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

2 , israel and new york LOL

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:18am

Remember in 1947 when this land was to be divided into quaters the Arabs were to be given the two best quarters but they wanted all of it " we will not rest until every jew is driven from our land " Now I can't remember how said this off the top of my head but it says it all really .

I've been and so have the other lads who aren't talking the same sh*te as you and Saint Tom. It was originally Arab land. the orthodox jews from Russia and those from Europe who got displaced by the Nazis in the 2nd world war deceided that the were entitled to set up their own country their cause they were displacedConfused then in 1967 they went for more land and managed to single handendly piss off jordan,syria and egypt all at once. They've been going around for decades playing the "Victim" card cause of the holocoust as away of justifying their murderous aggressive acts. Anyone who defends the state of Isreal and what it stands for is a Censored

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:37am
And please tell me who were the people who were holed up at the top of Marsada few couple of thousands years ago ??????

Errrr White Russians , please ...........................

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:40am
depends what you want to call originally doesnt it?

jewish migration back to mandate palestine had started long before ww2 ill add, and as murph says the arabs had the bulk of all land in mandate palestine (and most fertile) had they agreed to the partition plan (syria, jordan - they really helped their arab buddies by annexing the left overs of palestine right? - egypt and iraq) all invaded the new jewish state straight away and were beaten back. so to say they only pissed of the neighbouring arabs in 1967 is inaccurate

1967 they (the neighbouring arabs) were routed again and then tried again in 1973.

nobody is defending everything that israel has done or does as policy, as roger says many israelis themselves dont agree with it. whats worse from the palestinian point of view is that their successive corrupt dictators and arab pals have sold them down the river (see recent revelations leaked about abbas giving up east jerusalem as part if a peace  deal).

labelling every citizen of israel as scum is racist and a step too far. but like i said this debate has been done before on here and done to death but personally i'll make my points without resorting to labelling a nation of people this, that or the other

-------------

Posted By: Belfast Green
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:41am
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador,Peru and Guyana have all recognised Palestine as a state in the last couple of weeks, despite pressure from america. And  the Palestinians are in the process of opening their first official embassy in Brazil.

It's great to see people and nations around the world stand up to the negative pressure of the americans and openly support a Palestinian state. 10 European union states are currently in the process of upgrading the status of Palestinian authority.

-------------
http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:42am

And please tell me who were the people who were holed up at the top of Marsada few couple of thousands years ago ??????

its some place alright murph did the day trip the second time i was there. sure jerusalem was also built by the arabs right? arabs being indeginous to that part of the world, oh wait, i forgot they migrated through force and conquest to spread their religion

-------------

Posted By: Karnage
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:45am
jasus next there'l be pro hitler people on here,

question: what did the jews ever do to us!?

answer: kill jesus

those f**kin jews they should go back to where they came from

............oh wait they are back where thay came from

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Belfast Green Belfast Green wrote:

Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador,Peru and Guyana have all recognised Palestine as a state in the last couple of weeks, despite pressure from america. And  the Palestinians are in the process of opening their first official embassy in Brazil.

It's great to see people and nations around the world stand up to the negative pressure of the americans and openly support a Palestinian state. 10 European union states are currently in the process of upgrading the status of Palestinian authority.

what bull, most people agree with palestinian statehood. had their leaders not shafted them over for the past 50 years it would have been a reality long ago. whats to stop them unilaterally declaring statehood like most nations end up doing?

they had the chance again with Oslo but arafat's stooges showed themselves incapable of following up on what they promised to do. personally profiting at the expense of their impoverished people.

there are no rights and wrong in the arab-israeli conflict, both sides have acted deplorably at times and the result is that nobody has truly won. do you think 18 jewish kids having to spend three years of their lives in military service is winning? or people living in gaza on rations is winning? its the status quo between washingston, the israeli right and the bent and morally repugnant PLO which is the problem

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 11:02am

That's like bringing the Celts and Roman Empire into a debate about Irish English relations FFS. Thousands of years ago FFS. Isreal was Illegally set up at the end of the 2nd World War which was over sixty years ago. if that wasn't bad enough they have then gone on to acquire more territory that doesn't belong to them on religious and "Victim" grounds and have used their faith and followers of their faith in other countries (namely the US and UK)  to gain power, land and influence and are perhaps the most hated nation in the world because of their actions and rhetoric. Their Secret Service only recently murdered someone by using forged Irish Passports as cover. Irish Passports that are much coveted throughout the world. Irish Passports that are actually the property of this state. Anyone who defends the Israeli State and how it has and continues to behave is a Clown

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 11:08am
illegally set up? try the un mandate for the division of mandate palestine....

jews have had a presence in modern day israel for millenia.

and for the second time nobody is defending the actions of some sectors of the israeli state, i also take it by saying "anyone who defends the israeli state" you are implying that people are wrong to defend its right to exist? i'd say its little wonder you didnt get along with any israelis you've met.

anyone interested in the arab israeli conflict should check out robert fisk'd books, pity the nation (lebanon) and the great war for civilisation

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 11:26am

illegally set up? try the un mandate for the division of mandate palestine....

jews have had a presence in modern day israel for millenia.

and for the second time nobody is defending the actions of some sectors of the israeli state, i also take it by saying "anyone who defends the israeli state" you are implying that people are wrong to defend its right to exist? i'd say its little wonder you didnt get along with any israelis you've met.

anyone interested in the arab israeli conflict should check out robert fisk'd books, pity the nation (lebanon) and the great war for civilisation
It's nothing to do with them been jewish it's to do with the fact that the setting up of the modern Isreali State and its illegal expansion in 1967 and so on. They have annexed territory and continue to do so given half the chance that does not belong to them. Their government are war criminals. that's why the European Court of Human Rights has issued an arrest warrant for Arial Sharon amongst other Israelis. That's why he's afraid to come to Europe. I don't need any book by Robert Fisk to know they're War Criminals. Fact. The State of Israel are modern day terrorists who illegally occupy territory that doesn't belong to them

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 11:38am
when  has anybody defended post 1967 expansion? ironically for the palestinians, there borders in 1948 were much more to their advantage then pre 1967, and they would bite your hand off for a return to 1967 borders now.

do you classify arafat as a war criminal? how about members of hamas who have sanctioned and planned suicide bombings on bars/buses etc?

these things are not black and white

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 11:51am

when  has anybody defended post 1967 expansion? ironically for the palestinians, there borders in 1948 were much more to their advantage then pre 1967, and they would bite your hand off for a return to 1967 borders now.

do you classify arafat as a war criminal? how about members of hamas who have sanctioned and planned suicide bombings on bars/buses etc?

By defending Isreal you are coninuing to do so. 
the same arafat who was imprisoned in his home during the latter years of his life by israel. the same arafat who fought for years for his people for what was rightly theirs. The Irish Bombed and maimed their way to win back what was rightfully theirs why shouldn't the Palatenians do the same against the mighty Israeli occupier? No one else is prepared to intervene for them. what choice do they have? None.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

I've been and so have the other lads who aren't talking the same sh*te as you and Saint Tom. It was originally Arab land. the orthodox jews from Russia and those from Europe who got displaced by the Nazis in the 2nd world war deceided that the were entitled to set up their own country their cause they were displacedConfused then in 1967 they went for more land and managed to single handendly piss off jordan,syria and egypt all at once. They've been going around for decades playing the "Victim" card cause of the holocoust as away of justifying their murderous aggressive acts. Anyone who defends the state of Isreal and what it stands for is a Censored

and going on to start the 6-day war too.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

and going on to start the 6-day war too.

that point is debateable if you ask me, they just got the first blow in as it was inevitable that war would break out, the arabs reversing the trick in 1973

-------------

Posted By: petej1963
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 4:28pm
And the fcukers sunk the Titanic......

-------------
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by The_Yank The_Yank wrote:

It is a strategic agreement, as they are the biggest ally in the region.. but it is rooted in political correctness, guilt, and a tradition of turning a blind eye to their oppressive tactics and policies towards Palestine.

No time for the that government since they attacked a US Naval Intelligence Ship in the 60's killing a lot of people after they gathered intell on them about their human rights abuses and claimed it was an accident. Scum Angry

Thanks for the insight, but my post was about the thread titleBig%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:59am

Jeezzzz Justice relax will you , yes you have some points and so does Tom but I do think you are going over the top a tad . It looks like Tom is a lot more well read on this subject then the rest of us and he had some very good points .

As for the 67 war remember the Arabs invaded Isreal on the hoilest day of the year Yom Kipour and they were routed within 10 days .

Wha needs to happen if there will be peace of is that Isreal need to give more land back I can see the West bank or parts been given back but Never Yerusalem ( just spelt in hebrew to up set you Wink ) as the most holy place on earth the walling wall will never fall back inro Arab hands end of story on that one . Again in the north Mt Heron with borders Leb and Syria would a step too far also .
So all and all this may never end too much blood spent over thousands years .

Yer Tom loved Masada climbed to the top for sunrise , even thou its only a small country it's so deiverse .

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 2:24am

the same arafat who was imprisoned in his home during the latter years of his life by israel. the same arafat who fought for years for his people for what was rightly theirs. The Irish Bombed and maimed their way to win back what was rightfully theirs why shouldn't the Palatenians do the same against the mighty Israeli occupier? No one else is prepared to intervene for them. what choice do they have? None.

ClapClap

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 3:11am

im not defending either side, can you not see that? ive basically said that both sides have been let down by their leadership, bpth sides have committed atrocities, both sides have put obstacles in the way of making a settlement.

the only defending ive done is stated that it is wrong to label a nation/ethnicity as scum as has been done.

all israelis are scum, no substitute the word israeli with nigerians/gypsies/knackers etc and you have my point

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 8:54am

potyClap

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: kelvin
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 9:29am
f**k Israel. They robbed our crest.

They should be glad we didn't send over Gerry and the boys.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by petej1963 petej1963 wrote:

And the fcukers sunk the Titanic......

Iceberg,Goldberg they are all the sameLOL

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:23pm

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:31pm
Going back a bit there HB Nuke

-------------

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The existence of the state of Israel is a racist endeavour.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net