Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 2:29am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Savage Eye
Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Subject: Savage Eye
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 9:43am
second series started on Monday, funny and smart show a rarity in Ireland

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Replies:
Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 9:44am
Great show - look forward to watching it

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 11:09am
I heard Monday's programme was very good. Must look out for it on the RTE player.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 2:51pm
i think its very funny too

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: yapster
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 3:39pm
 The best show Ireland has ever produced Cool

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 4:25pm
McAleese's husband with the bird cage on his head - genius

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

McAleese's husband with the bird cage on his head - genius

Is that not supposed to be Mary Robinson

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 4:42pm
Now that you mention, your prob rightEmbarrassed

-------------

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 5:09pm
Very hot or miss.

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 5:29pm
Haaha think McSavage is a hero. Love the bits with the priest and the screaming child

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:14am
Saw this repeated last night, terrific I thought.........very clever and extremely funny for the most part.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:02am
Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

Talk about hyperbole of the year. 

Strumpet City
Paths  to Freedom
and Father Ted although not done by RTE was an Irish made show.

Thats just for starters.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Strumpet City
Paths  to Freedom

Thats just for starters.

Never heard of 'Strumpet City', but if you're classing it in the same terms as those two genius shows then I'm interested!

This is on tonight I take it? Might throw it on serieslink. McSavage can be a bit hit and miss alright, but well worth a watch.

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:01am

Very funny show, really on the censorship edge though.

That bit about snatching the kid on the Luas was fookin weird, surprised they were allowed to show it, aswell as the 6yrs smashed on heroin!!...mental

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:07am
Never forget the night I saw him in the International and a joke of his that contained suicide was commented upon but an audience member in the front row. McSavage challenged the guy in the front row and the guy revealed that his brother had committed suicide.  Mc Savage did not bat an eyelid and challenged him further and it was a very interesting and uncomfortable for many in the audience that night.

Still have not made up my mind  on who was at fault there.

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Strumpet City
Paths  to Freedom

Thats just for starters.

Never heard of 'Strumpet City', but if you're classing it in the same terms as those two genius shows then I'm interested!

This is on tonight I take it? Might throw it on serieslink. McSavage can be a bit hit and miss alright, but well worth a watch.

Strumpet City was absolute class, I rememeber watching it as a kid and loving it, was looking for the DVD for ages and finally found it a couple of years ago. It's still class, even my bird who is Engilsh and doesn't really understand the backround (Larkin, Connolly, the Lockout etc) loved it.

It's well worth picking up the DVD as for some reason RTE have not repeated it since the 1980s.

The book is worth a read too.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:14am
The reason they have not repeated it is because at the time the actors and producers etc drew up a contract that they got paid a decent amount of money any time it is shown again.  As a result it would not pay RTE to air it again. 

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:31am
I thought it might be something to do with repeat payments. Maybe when Peter O'Toole, Bryan Murray and David Kelly die they'll show it again.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 10:57am
Strumpet City's on DVD, got it for me parents for Chrimbo, heard it was superb alright.

McSavage is sh*te lately with his stand up, but he's always very hit and miss, but The Savage Eye is very good.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:04am
Gonna watch this tonight to see what the fuss is about.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:10pm
british rule.......

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:36pm
another decent show. The Rock Me Amadeus song with the Doctor consultant was very funny.

For the chung fellahs, the original song no poxy video. One of the first songs I remember rocking out to - gooooooo the 80's

http:// http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMuDtfxAIKk&feature=fvw - www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMuDtfxAIKk&feature=fvw

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 12:35pm
Feckin brilliant last night..........Joe Duffy and Vuvuzela......LOL, quality programme.  Watch it on RTE Player.

-------------

Posted By: FiremanDan
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Feckin brilliant last night..........Joe Duffy and Vuvuzela......LOL, quality programme.  Watch it on RTE Player.

ClapClap+1

Brilliant stuff. The old style footage of the football match against the Brits was pure class, like Harry Enfield at his best (although I didn't like much of Enfields other stuff)
Also the bit where the parents were "supporting" their kids playing football was brilliant.
Not that it has much opposition but has to be the best comedy sketch show RTE have produced, and it has a different slant with the semi serious interviews giving it all context. Top show.

-------------
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 2:14pm
Very pleasently surprised and at least a couple of laugh out loud moments - Well done RTE Thumbs%20Up

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Lurleen Lumpkin
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 4:14pm
Great show. Himself put it on last night, now I'm hooked! A flippin' howl!

-------------
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 4:37pm
Agreed Dan the black and white British rule gags are always the funniest. 

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:24am
complete and utter wank

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:17am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

complete and utter wank

Usually agree with you Q about RTE's "comedy" but the bit about Michelle Smith (you can see her pubes and all....LOLDead) feeding steroids to a horse and then getting off with the horse......LOL Fookin mad stuff!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:27am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

complete and utter wank

Gobshhyte, I'm embarrassed for you..siralex's catchphrases are very catchyLOL

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 4:16pm
Quality stuff this. First time tuning in.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: petej1963
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 4:52pm
Great show tonight

-------------
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:59pm
Sailing seriously close to the wind with this wan!  LOL 

-------------

Posted By: Justice No. 1
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:07am
"Say Queeeer"LOL

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:49pm
ever do it with a black one?

LOL

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 3:52pm
On now ClapClap

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:42pm
Hey Hey we're the Nordies LOL

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:46pm
Is the Savage eye just a repeat of the time it was on before or is it a new series. 

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:22pm
This is the greatest comedy show ive ever seen

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:51pm

The President and her fanny..........Jaysus.........LOL, excellent show again tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:54pm
Yeah was pissing myself at Mary Robinson's unkempt fanny jokes

-------------

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:02am

Is the Savage eye just a repeat of the time it was on before or is it a new series. 
Its a new series.
Only saw the end of it last night but its the funniest thing I can ever remember seeing on RTE (other than your man on the news slipping on the ice!).

Mick the bull Daly is some character! LOL

Posted By: Irish_Dom1981
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 5:55pm
i have only started watching this.. think its hilarious very clever...
the ones i have watched
why the irish love sport but never any good at it
why are the irish so racist
and tonights
why is ireland a place for tourists

how many is there?

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 8:21am
tonight's the last in the series probably about 14-16 that's the two seasons combined

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 10:53am
Probably will be released on DVD, certainly would be a better comedy DVD than other RTE "comedy" options such as Killinaskully and Katherine fookin Lynch nonsense.   Hopefully finish on a high note tonight, excellent stuff.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 4:26pm
just watched tonight, some hilarious sketches but thought some previous eps were funnier

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 4:47pm
just found this on youtube,
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYeYbupWIU&feature=related - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYeYbupWIU&feature=related

mc savage gettin pushed about while filming the tourism episode outside temple bar!

"stick it in a pan"Big%20smile

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 5:47pm
Excellent last show, Time Travellers were very funny.........quite poignant at the end, extremely clever show, great series. Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:38am
Missed this one previously, on RTE Player at the moment..........brilliant stuff, about why the Irish are rubbish in bed.  LOL

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1097442 - http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1097442

-------------

Posted By: johnnycee
Date Posted: 05 May 2011 at 12:28pm
The bloke going in for confession, getting locked in the box with shutting bars and the priest running out and stealing the young fella off the pew is one of the funniest things I've ever seen ! He nearly pulled the kids head off, hilarious stuff (I hope they got it done in one take thou)...Anyone got a link???

-------------
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 06 May 2011 at 4:22am
Saw mcsavage in vicar st a few weeks ago and he kind of faded off at the end. Wasnt too impressed.
But your man who plays Mary Robinsons husband in the birdcage was on before him and was the funniest comedian i have seen in  along time. John Colleary is his name, you got to check him out if he plays in Dublin on his tod.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:20pm
Follow McSavage on social media. He seems to be in London at the moment. Not sure if it's work related or he's moved over there full-time.

Always thought he was Dublin based.

Say the last year and a bit has been very tough for anyone with the arts industry. Every second comedian these days seems to have set up a podcast.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net