Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=25675
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 12:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dublin Bus
Posted By: bhob
Subject: Dublin Bus
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:38am
Have decided to stop working for the day and leave everyone stranded trying to get home, also hear the Luas may be gone too!

Good luck to anyone trying to get home later on who's relying on public transport!

Replies:
Posted By: R-Martinez
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:40am

Yeh I hear the decission was completely unrelated to the weather. They just decided to annoy t**sers like you.

-------------
"Lennox says he's a conqueror? No. I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander" Mike Tyson

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by R-Martinez R-Martinez wrote:

Yeh I hear the decission was completely unrelated to the weather. They just decided to annoy t**sers like you.

Posted By: MrFantastico
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:41am
were you get this info

-------------
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:42am
Where did you hear this, nothing on rte and their website is acting up. 

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:44am

On the radio hre a second a go...they ceased operating as the roads are too bad...all drivers collectively pulled over, will be like last year and leave people stranded...disgrace

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:45am
Dublin bus site has crashed!

Just googled dublin bus and there are twitter updates with everyone saying that Dublin bus has pulled all the busses for the day

Posted By: MrFantastico
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:45am
they should fit them mr. plow things on to fronts of busses

-------------
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:50am
Well if the roads are too bad  then they have no choice because if there was a crash etc. From a safety point of view it could be the right call. 

Howerver if you are stuck that is not much good to you, but then again if the roads are not passable what can you do.

Posted By: Justice No. 1
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:01am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Have decided to stop working for the day and leave everyone stranded trying to get home, also hear the Luas may be gone too!

Good luck to anyone trying to get home later on who's relying on public transport!
Shocked Source ?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:08am
luas website is down also

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:11am
Dublin website back up and nothing about no buses running. They have a list of whtas running and whats not. 

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:12am
so are they goin or not?

Are they deffo not going?

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:16am
Luas details

Red Line

Passengers please be advised the Luas Red Line is running from The Point to Tallaght.
Connolly Stop is closed due to adverse weather conditions.
Green Line

The Green Line is operating from St. Stephen’s Green to Brides Glen.

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:20am
The Iarnrod Eireann website is also down. Any news on the trains, specifically the Drogheda line?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:20am
Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

Luas details

Red Line

Passengers please be advised the Luas Red Line is running from The Point to Tallaght.
Connolly Stop is closed due to adverse weather conditions.
Green Line

The Green Line is operating from St. Stephen’s Green to Brides Glen.
was just about to post thatClap from tansport.ie

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:40am
Jaysis lads, the snow that bad up there?

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:47am

mate texted from Dart,

people queing up outside Tara st station just trying to get into station, its that bad, Pearse platform is mobbed also!

traffic outside RDS standstill

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:09am
http://www.dublinbus.ie/ - http://www.dublinbus.ie/

Dublin Bus wish to advise that there is currently a limited bus service operating. This is due to extreme weather and icy road conditions. This is being further worsened by traffic ongestion and slow speeds across the city.

Dublin Bus is making every effort to maintain a level of services but this is proving very difficult due to the worsening road conditions.

A very limited service currently operating on Routes 7, 13, 15, 16, 19(northside Only) 20, 27, 31, 40, 41, 45, 46a, 65, 65b, 77, 102, 128, 140, 145, 150,

A very limited level of service operating to Tallaght, Ballyfermot, Howth, Malahide, Ballymun, Finglas,

No services currently on the Lucan Road, Blanchardstown, Ranelagh, Ballycullen.

Further updates to follow from Dublin Bus once information becomes available.

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:25am
15 Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:26am
The country has officially entered "Meltdown" state Thumbs%20Up

Talking to one of the lads on the phone there and he said ALL buses will cease at around 7 PM tonight, Thats according to one of the drivers.

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

On the radio hre a second a go...they ceased operating as the roads are too bad...all drivers collectively pulled over, will be like last year and leave people stranded...disgrace

I was coming home from work in the snow last year and was on the Upper Kennesfort Road heading towards the N4 and a bus came sliding towards me side ways - the bus was all over shop eventually it got stuck in some heavy snow.
If that bus had of hit my car from a side on collision it could have toppled on my car and killed me and possibly others.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:29am

Ah come on Citizen.
I saw a bus on O'Connell Street today around lunch time just skidding into a layby by it's own accord. There was nothing the driver could do - he had the steering wheel turned fully right but the bus skidded left. Luckily he was only going a couple of miles an hour. I spoke to a bus driver just after that who said two buses had jack knifed near the north strand and just skidded accross the road with the drivers losing control. Do you realise the consequences of a full double decker bus toppling over?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:53am
Fully understandable decision alright. The risks are much bigger than when driving a car.But are the council not using salt on the roads?

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Fully understandable decision alright. The risks are much bigger than when driving a car.But are the council not using salt on the roads?

Apparently they're trying to conserve it Confused

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Apparently they're trying to conserve it Confused

I thought we over-ordered by too much on salt and grit last year, no? Meaning we should have plenty?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Ah come on Citizen.
I saw a bus on O'Connell Street today around lunch time just skidding into a layby by it's own accord. There was nothing the driver could do - he had the steering wheel turned fully right but the bus skidded left. Luckily he was only going a couple of miles an hour. I spoke to a bus driver just after that who said two buses had jack knifed near the north strand and just skidded accross the road with the drivers losing control. Do you realise the consequences of a full double decker bus toppling over?

Trapped you are going to have to calm down with your sensible posts. Thats 2 now in 2 different threads.  Cop on  :)

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm

Weather Disruptions

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Service Update: 18.45hours

Taking account of the weather forecast for heavy frost and snow promised for later this evening and tonight and taking account of the effect of the weather conditions experienced today, Dublin Bus has decided to operate all last buses on the list below at 8:00 pm both from the city centre and the suburbs.

Dublin Bus will be making every effort possible to operate a full bus service tomorrow morning but this is dependent on weather and road conditions.

Buses Operating with a very limited service Bus routes with no service
4 2
7/a 5
11/a/b 7b/7d
13/a 8
14/a 15e/f
15/a/b 16/a
17 20b
17a 25/a/b/x
18 26
19/a 27b/x
27 32b/x
29a 33/a/b/d/x
31/a/b 37
32/a 38/a
40/a 39/a
41 40d
42 41b/c/x
43 42a/b
44 44b
45 45a
46a * From Burlington Hotel 46e
47* From Burlington Hotel 48a
77/a/x 49/a
83 50
84/x* From Burlington Hotel 51/b/c/d/x
102 53/a
104 54a
114 56/a
120 59
121 63
122 65/b
128 66/a/b/x
130 67/x
140 68
142 69x
145* From Burlington Hotel 70
150 74/a
151 75
76/a/b
78/a
79/a

http://www.dublinbus.ie/ - http://www.dublinbus.ie/

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Ah come on Citizen.

Trapped you are going to have to calm down with your sensible posts. Thats 2 now in 2 different threads.  Cop on  :)

LOL

Sorry man!

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:49pm

Apparantely the buses are not able to make it over the bridge at North Strand...

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Apparantely the buses are not able to make it over the bridge at North Strand...

they were lined up at my office (were motro bowl used to be) at lunch time today and couldn't make it up the hill there. road was backed up into fairview

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:07pm
2 hours on the 15b there. in fairness it took 1 hour to get form oconnell street to trinity but after that all was good.

theres plenty of grit out there but fook all workers and trucks to get it on the road it looks like Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:10pm
Count I reckon you should have waked from o connell st to trinity :)   

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:15pm

Count I reckon you should have waked from o connell st to trinity :)   

fell asleep when i got on and woke up 45 minutes later at trinity with drool down my jacketLOL

-------------

Posted By: Plastic Bari
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 3:52pm
Train is the only way to go and the staff are very helpful Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Twitter @VonBarracuda

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 4:52pm

My business is buses, and 99% of our business is night time, Ive grounded the fleet since midnight Saturday resulting in no income.

The reason - I dont want to have to live with the consequnces of one of my buses overturning and killing all occupants, and in such a situation I could well be charged with corporate manslaughter for operating a service in dangerous conditions against the advice of the Gardai etc.

Ye its a disgraceAngry

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 4:58pm
getting worried now. My mum flying over in the morning.... Having to hope she can make it to the airport with this traffic, and then hope for the flights to be going again. Gutted if she doesnt make it over. What are the weather prospects lads?

-------------

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:00pm
very bad, airport closed, and forecast for tomorrow is worse

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 8:15pm

Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:42am
It all sounds like tremendous craic. Anything which keeps people from talking about the bailout is a good thing Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

It all sounds like tremendous craic. Anything which keeps people from talking about the bailout is a good thing Thumbs%20Up
good point HM,wasnt been on the news in days,
Government must be fookin chuffed

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:43am
There are delays on the Green line Luas from St Stephen's Green to Sandyford today due a technical fault at Milltown.

The Luas Red Line is operating a full line service from The Point Stop to Tallaght - but there are delays.

The Connolly stop remains closed.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/technical-fault-on-luas-line-484155.html#ixzz16yPfp9Nk - http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/technical-fault-on-luas-line-484155.html#ixzz16yPfp9Nk

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:15pm
The Buses finish up at 9pm this evening. 

Fair play to Dublin Bus, they have performed well in this in my view.  Must be scarey as f**k for the drivers when they lose control of the bus. 

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:17pm

Fair play to Dublin Bus, they have performed well in this in my view.  Must be scarey as f**k for the drivers when they lose control of the bus. 
i agree they is doing there best
mate is a driver,says they are a **** to drive in the ice/snow

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:28pm
Luas suspended for the night 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 3:07pm

Absolutely. Very tough to drive in that, not to mention dangerous.

Presume more of the same is expected for tomorow?

Posted By: Plastic Bari
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 6:33am
Last night the red line was closed for a bit at seven cause a load of scummers at rialto put these big ice blocks infront of the tram causing the tram to fail

-------------
Twitter @VonBarracuda

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net