Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=24980
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 8:58am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Conor Sammon
Posted By: The U
Subject: Conor Sammon
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 3:32pm
Seems to be gettin on the scoresheet regularly, anyone seen enough of him to tell me how good he has become? Killie fans seem to like him judging by their mb

Replies:
Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 4:37pm
Seems to have come on leaps and bounds this season. He had a woeful scoring record up until a few weeks ago. Kille manager seems to like him. He's a long way from the Irish set up at the moment but hopefully he makes Trap think about him at least in the future. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/kilmarnock/2010/11/05/paatelainen-conor-sammon-is-the-big-fish-at-kilmarnock-now-86908-22694029/ - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/kilmarnock/2010/11/05/paatelainen-conor-sammon-is-the-big-fish-at-kilmarnock-now-86908-22694029/

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 5:04pm
Has impressed me alright, scored a lovely goal last week against Hearts and played well v Celtic recently.  Doing well.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: dublin-hammer
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 2:57pm
 just got his second there! playing very well!

-------------
I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 2:58pm
Just bagged his second of the night

Posted By: Jokerman
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 11:37am

Sammon aims to keep run going

CONOR Sammon hopes he can keep up his sensational goalscoring form with SPL side Kilmarnock.

The former UCD and Derry City man scored his 11th of the season for Killie against Dundee United, and only Rangers star Kenny Miller has scored more goals in the SPL this season.

"I am thoroughly enjoying my role in the team. I just want to keep scoring and come the end of the season see how many I've got," says Dubliner Sammon.

"I want to keep progressing, keep on learning and take my game to the next level. I think I've still got a lot of improving to do. I think I'm at the right club and I've got the right manager to help me do that."

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 7:12am
The lad's on fire

A goal against the Gers Clap

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Darren
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 7:19am
another one against the forces of darkness. Never heard of Conor before but have become a big fan in the last half hour

Posted By: darragh1888
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 7:41am
2 goals 2day, and it says that he has 11 for the season on score centre, fair play to the lad!

-------------
"26 + 6 = 1, No Surrender"

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 12:00pm
really having a great season fair play to him

Posted By: Jokerman
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 9:53am
Good article Thumbs%20Up

Conor Sammon: I know how lucky I am to have a career as a professional footballer

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/12/05/ - Dec 5 2010 Scott Mcdermott, http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/ - Sunday Mail

CONOR SAMMON used to count people's money as a bank teller in Dublin.

Now goals are the only thing the Kilmarnock striker is tallying up.

The Irishman has been a revelation in Scotland's top-flight this term with Mixu Paatelainen's side - who have been this season's shock troops.

After an indifferent two years at Rugby Park under Jim Jefferies and Jimmy Calderwood, Sammon is flourishing under the big Finn and has already hit the back of the net 14 times.

His blistering form has prompted links to bigger clubs and a possible Republic of Ireland call-up for the 24-year-old hitman.

But Sammon's grounding at part-time outfit UCD (University College Dublin) in his homeland will ensure his feet are never too far from the ground.

As a promising youngster in Dublin he split his time between football and a Bank of Ireland branch where he would work five days a week.

And the Killie strike star is adamant that year-long experience behind a desk has helped mould him into the player he is today - because he'll never take his current job for granted.

Sammon told MailSport: "It was always football, football, football for me back home. It was all I ever did as a kid and when I went to UCD it was part of a sports scholarship - I went there straight from school.

"There were studies involved but it just wasn't for me. I was so keen on being a professional footballer it was all I ever thought about.

"UCD was an enjoyable time for me. They were a part-time team so we'd train two nights a week then have a game at the weekend.

"So I was working full-time in a bank during the week. It was a proper nine-to-five job as a teller at a Bank of Ireland branch in Dublin.

"I look at myself now and realise how lucky I am that I can just concentrate on football every day.

"Working in the bank was a great experience - I was there for a year.

"When I see boys in Scotland now who have had a professional contract since the age of 16 I think I have a real advantage over them.

"I've seen what it's like on the other side, doing a normal job and having less time to train and practice.

"Even when I worked in the bank I was confident I could be a professional player. At UCD there were always stories about clubs watching me.

"I was focused on achieving my goal and thankfully I've done it. Now, it's about progressing further and trying to be the best player I can possibly be.

"Every day I come into training with Kilmarnock I take nothing for granted.

"I compare myself to a young Scottish lad at 16 who has never done anything but played football.

"They haven't experienced another job and - you see it with some of the youth players - they think 'I'll just go on from here and be a top pro'. But it doesn't always work out like that.

"I'm grateful for the experiences I've had in the past. They've helped me become the player I am today."

Derry City took a 20 grand punt on Sammon and his talents were quickly recognised across the Irish Sea in Scotland. Hamilton Accies were interested but Killie secured his signature two years ago.

But after failing to hit the heights after first arriving in the SPL it looked like he would only ever be a bitpart player in Ayrshire, before the arrival of Paatelainen in the summer.

After hitting a hat-trick in his first start against Airdrie United in the Co-op Cup, the transformation in Sammon's game has been nothing short of remarkable.

He credits his gaffer with part of his development - but is adamant he's always been capable of producing the red-hot SPL form he's currently in.

Sammon said: "Mixu has given me a lot of advice and pointers. I was given my chance against Airdrie early in the season. I was keen to impress that night and managed to score a hat-trick.

"I've taken confidence from that and Mixu has shown great faith in me by picking me from the start every week.

"Obviously he was an international striker himself, he played at a high level in England and was a quality frontman here in Scotland too.

"I'm keen to learn and there's not many better - or with more experience - who I could learn from.

"When I came to Kilmarnock initially I only managed to score seven goals in my first two seasons. It was a frustrating time for me because I wasn't always involved in the side.

"I was on and off the bench and at times I even sat in the stand watching on. We had a lot of strikers such as Kevin Kyle, David Fernandez, Mark Burchill and Allan Russell.

"I always felt capable of doing more. I tried to channel my frustration in the right way as deep down I knew I could do what I'm doing just now - score goals regularly in the SPL.

"I feel I can continue to improve so I have to keep taking advice on board."

Contrary to reports suggesting the striker is out of contract at the end of the current campaign, MailSport can reveal Sammon has a one-year option which will be activated when he has made a certain amount of appearances.

The Irishman is close to reaching that mark now and he insists he's in no rush to head for the Rugby Park exit door - because he feels like he'll score in every game he plays in.

He said: "My confidence is so high I'm going into every game feeling I can score. I know I'll get chances and I'm confident that I can take them.

"I have an option in my contract for another year if I play a certain amount of games and I'm very close to that already. I'm happy at Killie, we have a great spirit, quality players and a good manager.

"This club is a great springboard for me to keep progressing."

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 12:26pm
On his way to S****horpe.

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:34pm
I dunno how true this is but someone told me his nickname at UCD was
''The sammon of college''  

Funny enough if true...

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:37pm
This is true I4ever, very clever nickname!

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:20am
Irish man doing well in scotland................be with Celtic next year.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:54am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Irish man doing well in scotland................be with Celtic next year.

I read somewhere he is bing linked with S****horpe.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:56pm
Great article a few posts up...doesn't forget his roots Clap

Yeah was called Sammon of College

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 9:46am
ANOTHER goal today, against dundee utd 41 mins into it

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 9:47am
feed the fish................

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 9:50am
if he got a call up, i would gladly donate 20 quid for a feed the fish banner.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 1:20pm
f*ckin bullsh*t, trap picked stokes on reputation alone, NEED to give the SPL's top goalscorer a chance especially in a tournament like this.

Posted By: stiffler
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 9:48am
scores today

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:07am
another goal from Sammon of college Clap

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:13am
Whats that for season?15?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 12:35pm
15 in the league, he's also scored in the cups I think

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 2:20pm
18 goals altogether, including 3 in his last 4 games, but only 4 in the last two months: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/PlayerDetails?playerID=49496 - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/PlayerDetails?playerID=49496

Posted By: kelvin
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 8:47am
SSN saying that Derby had a £425,000 bid rejected for Sammon this morning but they're saying that Celtic are in for him. Lennon confirmed he was looking for a striker at his press conference today.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:07pm
Not goood enough for Celtic

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Mick_G
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:14pm
Wigan in for him now apparently

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Mick_G Mick_G wrote:

Wigan in for him now apparently

Ya, story here.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_6714868,00.html - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_6714868,00.html

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:11pm
That would be a good move to wigan worst thing he ever could do would be wasting his talant at celtic.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

That would be a good move to wigan worst thing he ever could do would be wasting his talent at celtic.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Wearside Bhoy
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

That would be a good move to wigan worst thing he ever could do would be wasting his talant at celtic.

What a silly thing to say.

-------------
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

scored more than any of the celtic strikers in the same league Confused

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

scored more than any of the celtic strikers in the same league Confused

For a start Hooper has been injured.
Second there is a big difference between playing fo a small club with no expectations and playing for a team expected to win every domestic game. Sammon is a very average player in a good run of form. Don't get too excited and let bias get in the way

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 4:49pm
http://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/32194405507010560# - http://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/32194405507010560#

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:10pm
Today FM report he has gone to Wigan , hopefully tis true, the more lads in the top level the better

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:10pm
sammon has made the leap to the EPL with wigan

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:14pm
Big leap for the lad. I wish him well.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Ginzo
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:18pm
small fish in a big pond

Will he survive among the sharks of the EPL ?

-------------

Posted By: wrestler313
What a year for him indeed!Hope he can keep scoring 

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:27pm
This is great, we now have two lads at wigan now. Hopefully he gets his game. I'd say he will tho. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:30pm
€750k is pittance to a premier league club so if gets one or two goals even they'd have got their moneys worth.

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:32pm

Jeez, great move for him, best of luck Fishman.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:43pm
Hes leaping from the fryingpan into the fire with that move.  Doesnt make sense this move. Something fishy going on methinks. Hope he has knowledge of the game down south.

-------------

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Doesnt make sense this move. Something fishy going on methinks.

Have to  agree FW.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:48pm
I will be honest lads, I think he is quite the catch to be honest.

Feed the fish and he will score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqDhsyJDMA&feature=related - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqDhsyJDMA&feature=related

-------------

Posted By: darragh1888
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:54pm
hopefully he gets a good run in the prem, lets hope he brings his goal scoring boots to wigan with him!

-------------
"26 + 6 = 1, No Surrender"

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:55pm
would love to see him do well...please god...we need a replacement for robbie!

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:59pm
Salmon seems well seasoned. Im sure he'll take to the premiership like a fish to water.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:01pm
What wage scale will he be on?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:04pm
I think Wigan is the right plaice for him at this stage in his career

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:13pm

He could be codding himself if he think's it will an easy splash in the premiership.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:23pm
I hear from people in the know that he'll be making waves at wigan.  Kilmarnock were left with a bad taste in their mouth however.

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:26pm
great move for him, great opportunity for him to shine..wigan might be minnows, but i think he can spawn into action and scale these heights with ease , pity he wont feature against w(h)ales..Embarrassed

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:27pm
Yeah I agree, lets hope he is not the red herring of the bunch.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:29pm
insert fish related pun here.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:30pm
I hope he doesnt feel out of his depth in the EPL

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

sour

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:31pm
I think he is just what wigan wanted. A ray of sunshine at the club.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

sour

Ah, i was on fishing for a reaction!Wink

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:34pm

sour

Ah, i was on fishing for a reaction!Wink
LOL

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:34pm

Sammon always dreamt about a life on the banks of the River Douglas.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:37pm
Its sink or swim time for sammon

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:41pm
I'm sure he was well aware of how difficult it will be before wigan reeled him in

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:42pm
He's gutted to be leaving Kilmarnock

-------------

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:44pm
He was hoping to hook up with Rod but the line was poor and so the pollock ended up at Wigan.

Expressing reel angler at the move he said he had a sinker feeling and where he catch up with will bait him with the eel of his boot.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:45pm
weren't ' Swansea ('the Seagulls') and sheffield wedesday (the owls) in a tussle trying to nab him?

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 7:30pm
If he scores a couple of goals in the Premier League between now and the end of the season do you think Wigan will sell him to Liverpool when they bid 35M in the summer?

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: dunloybhoy
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:45am
aye they should, i mean carroll scored less goals last season than gary hooper who was sold for 2million to celtic.
35million is soooooooooooooooooooooo realistic a value for carroll! lol

utter madness i tell yeh!

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:50am
When Wigan offered him more money he took the bait.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:58am

weren't ' Swansea ('the Seagulls') and sheffield wedesday (the owls) in a tussle trying to nab him?

Whats with the nicknames?

Swansea arn't "the Seagulls" there "the Swans". Brighton are "the Seagulls".

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:26am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

my bad, take a chill pill mate...got confused

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:32am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:32am
No fishy puns from me, but what a giant step up for this young talent.

I hope he can continue his climb up the scoring charts.
Fantastic news for us to have another striker at EPL level. I haven't seen much of Wigan this season. Is he likely to go straight in?

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:34am
Conor Sammon is the EPL. Was in great form for Killy but christ he wasn't much use for us at all, seemed for bluesquare premier league to be honest.

But fair play to the lad and hope he does well.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

No fishy puns from me, but what a giant step up for this young talent.

I hope he can continue his climb up the scoring charts.
Fantastic news for us to have another striker at EPL level. I haven't seen much of Wigan this season. Is he likely to go straight in?

Yep. Hes going to be thrown straight in at the deep end. 

-------------

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:49am

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

No fishy puns from me, but what a giant step up for this young talent. I hope he can continue his climb up the scoring charts. Fantastic news for us to have another striker at EPL level. I haven't seen much of Wigan this season. Is he likely to go straight in?

Yep. Hes going to be thrown straight in at the deep end. 

I realised that as soon as I'd posted, that it would be open for interpretation.

I could have said he'd taken a giant leap too!

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:58am

I think Wigan have found themself a bargain here and someone who will find the net, and in doing so could keep his new club afloat. He will endear himself to the fans at the DW, even the prawn sandwich brigade

He might not have the pace for England though, in the SPL he gave most defenders a tough time and really smoked them on occasions  

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:00am
Due to be interviewed on George Hook later

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:14am
If he does well/sh*te, will it be an indicator of how good/bad the SPL is and will it have a bearing on how Trap views the league?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If he does well/sh*te, will it be an indicator of how good/bad the SPL is and will it have a bearing on how Trap views the league?

I don't think any one player is an indicator of the leagues quality. Is the EPL sh*te because Henry couldn't do it in Spain or Italy? Is the EPL sh*te because Forlan couldn't score as freely at Old Trafford. I don't think Sammon is a great signing for Wigan. He never over impressed me in the LOI, got a lucky break moving to Scotland and in fairness hit a purple patch this season. Expect to see him to drop through the leagues in England.

PS you have no idea how much restraint I have shown in choosing not to make a marine pun.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:21am

I don't think any one player is an indicator of the leagues quality. Is the EPL sh*te because Henry couldn't do it in Spain or Italy? Is the EPL sh*te because Forlan couldn't score as freely at Old Trafford. I don't think Sammon is a great signing for Wigan. He never over impressed me in the LOI, got a lucky break moving to Scotland and in fairness hit a purple patch this season. Expect to see him to drop through the leagues in England.

PS you have no idea how much restraint I have shown in choosing not to make a marine pun.

Not so. There are loads of Irish players in the SPL, and none of them get into the Irish squads. If Sammon doesn't cut it - than I'm sure Trap would be thinking he's right not to trust players on form (rightly or wrongly) in the SPL.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:50am
Only after seeing this tranfer went ahead now.

Good to see another Irish player in the Premier League.

Wigan have a poor goal scoring record so he is bound to get his chance in the team sooner rather than later.

Hope it works out for him.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:53am

Not so. There are loads of Irish players in the SPL, and none of them get into the Irish squads. If Sammon doesn't cut it - than I'm sure Trap would be thinking he's right not to trust players on form (rightly or wrongly) in the SPL.

To be honest I don't think Trap watches the SPL and I'm not sure he watches that much EPL. Anyhow without dragging this into another argument about Traps deficiencies, if this is what he is going to base it on then there will be no SPL players getting much recognition from Trap. At the moment the only SPL player good enough to be playing for Ireland is Stokes. Felt he was worthy of being in the squad ladt year and at the moment feels he deserves a chance in the starting line up. Since joining Celtic he has proven how good he is. He is an all round centre forward. Dave Mooney I believed to be far a better striker than Sammon is playing league one. I expect to see Sammon down there soon.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:47am

SAMMON - THE FIRST INTERVIEW
http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~2281784,00.html - http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~2281784,00.html

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 1:10pm

Fish pun or GTFO

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 1:21pm

Fish pun or GTFO

LOL

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:29pm
Any more fish puns in my thread I'm requesting bans...you only knew about this guy once he moves to your favourite league (most of you)

best of luck sammon of college Clap

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:39pm
Hope your codding about the Bans, UCD, Sammon will be in the Heart and Sole of the Wigan Attack, Will be well plaiced for any crosses, and will be a ray of sunshine for their attacking line up, Judging by their current squad could end up as a bit of a lone shark though, !!

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Hope your codding about the Bans, UCD, Sammon will be in the Heart and Sole of the Wigan Attack, Will be well plaiced for any crosses, and will be a ray of sunshine for their attacking line up, Judging by their current squad could end up as a bit of a lone shark though, !!
get off your Perch brianie,thats the end of the punsThumbs%20Up

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

For Hakes Sake, What a Minnow, Its all a load of Pollacks anywayWink

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

For Hakes Sake, What a Minnow, Its all a load of Pollacks anywayWink

BSM Your turning this Thread into a bit of a damp squid, So stop being such a snapper and clam up, otherwise you will be put to the sword and be sworn to drink Bass forevever, Ya MulletThumbs%20Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:37am
Wigan cast their scouting net far and wide in a bid to find a new striker and caught a sammon.

-------------

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:01am
At Killie he was a big fish in a small pond now hes in the premier league critics think he wont improve in fact they stated he won't get any batter

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:31am
Can't see him being an automatic starter, more of a back up at that price. But hopefully he can get a chance and take it. Haven't seen too much of him to be honest but his stats for this season are impressive

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:35am

Sammon will have to do some sole searching if this doesn't work out

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

At Killie he was a big fish in a small pond now hes in the premier league critics think he wont improve in fact they stated he won't get any batter
hmmmm  fish with no batter LOL

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: Mick_G
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 7:24am
Why hasn't he been in any of the Wigan squads
Yet ? He injured or what's the Craic

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net