URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=2486
Printed Date: 19 May 2024 at 11:32pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Joey Barton = scumbag
Posted By: The Count
Subject: Joey Barton = scumbag
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:38am
absolute tramp!Angry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7409943.stm - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7409943.stm

Joey Barton is jailed for assault

Premier League footballer Joey Barton has been jailed for assault and affray.

Barton, 25, was arrested in Liverpool on 27 December 2007 after he was involved in a confrontation outside a McDonald's restaurant in the city.

The Newcastle midfielder, of Foxbank Close, Widnes, admitted the charges last month but reporting restrictions were only lifted on Tuesday.

The former England player was sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court by Judge Henry Globe QC to six months in prison.

The judge told him it was a "violent and cowardly act".

A spokesman for Newcastle United said the club was "considering" the verdict.

A statement read: "Newcastle United notes the sentence passed to Joey Barton at Liverpool Crown Court today.

"The club is considering the verdict and will be making no further comment at this moment."

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:38am
Hooray!

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:42am
Leopard/spots/old dog/new tricks, etc etc........

Fookin toerag.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Justice Shark
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:03am
He's be out after three months and be back for start of season..Moyes take note if Newcastle sack him

-------------
Mickey Mouse Ya Bleedin' Bollox

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:44am
This story reveals he hit the lad 20 times and then knocked a 16 year olds teeth out..a complete scumbag

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3588537,00.html

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: The_Yank
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 10:23am
His whole family is a bunch of scum.

His half brother, Michael Barton, was sentenced to 17 years imprisonment for his involvement in the racially motivated murder of Anthony Walker in 2005.

I hope he gets convicted for the Man City row as well.

-------------
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down

Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:09am
as its eurovision week, here the scumbag's lookalike (serbias winning entry last year! Ermm) she gave out yeards about dustin a few weeks back Angry

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:10am
Nearly an old adage at this stage but id love to see Keano come against this lad, both in their prime, and absolutely destroy him

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:14am
Controversial opinion:

I think Stephen Ireland is a bigger pr*ck than Joey Barton!

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:19am

At least Barton wants to play for his country...

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:36am
Ye but he is still a tramp

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:50pm
Only decent thing Barton did was sl*g off the English players after the last World Cup for bringing out autobiographies left right and centre. Then when he got into the squad for an England game afterwards the following apparently happened -

At the breakfast table one morning, Joey sat at the same table as Lampard. Fat Frank got up and walked away. Joey yelled at him in front of the whole squad
"don't worry, I wasnt gonna pinch your breakfast you fat prick" .

He might be a scummer, but at least he's a funny scummer!!

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 5:18pm
that is hilarious seanie! id knock 3 months off his sentence for that alone!

FREE JOEY BARTON!!!

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:06pm
wasnt dunne held back form trying to batter barton a few times?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 3:11am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Only decent thing Barton did was sl*g off the English players after the last World Cup for bringing out autobiographies left right and centre. Then when he got into the squad for an England game afterwards the following apparently happened -

At the breakfast table one morning, Joey sat at the same table as Lampard. Fat Frank got up and walked away. Joey yelled at him in front of the whole squad
"don't worry, I wasnt gonna pinch your breakfast you fat prick" .

He might be a scummer, but at least he's a funny scummer!!

Clap

-------------

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 3:23am
Watching Sky News this morning, he'll probably be out after two or three months, perfect timing for the new season really, I'd say that's why Newcastle are reluctant to give him the P45.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 3:42am
i like him , have seen him on soccer am and he seems a nice fella , i think the booze doesnt agree with him , some fellas are like that and i reckon if he gave it up he would be fine, until then he will continue to have these bust ups

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:48am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i like him , have seen him on soccer am and he seems a nice fella , i think the booze doesnt agree with him , some fellas are like that and i reckon if he gave it up he would be fine, until then he will continue to have these bust ups

But he's a BRIT Rog?? Leopard never changed its spots

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 10:37am
now now billy lots of decent people are brits , and someday i hope to meet one !

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 10:48am
I admired him alright for his "I played Crap now here's my book" line (wasn't that your signature Roger at one time?), and he's a reasonably good player, but he's a fookin nutter when he drinks.  One can't defend the indefensible for what he did and he deserves his porridge for it, maybe it'll teach him (if he doesn't get sent down for his other pending case for attacking Dabo at Man City). 

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 10:50am
and he put a cigar out on a youth team player at a club christmas bash....happy christmas youngfella!Ouch

did richie dunne not try go for him in dublin on a team trip or something?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 10:54am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I admired him alright for his "I played Crap now here's my book" line (wasn't that your signature Roger at one time?),

sure was FW , love that line , think it was about fat frank.

but as i said he just needs to lay off the booze , that was a nasty thing with the cigar , i think richie dunne was trying to keep the peace and barton went over the edge but as i said theres a nice fella in there trying to get out...

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:02am
No, No, No...a 15 year Everton fan said something smart to Barton in a hotel in Bankgok at a tournment three season ago..barton went for the fan, Dunne pulled him off the fan and gave out to him for havin a go at an Evertonian..Barton told Dunne to f**k off and walked off..Dunne then booted the wall in frustration and ended up injured for a couple of months -FACT

-------------

Posted By: The_Yank
Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:13am
If Barton was in Los Angeles, he would likely be out in less than 30 days due to overcrowding, good behavior, and being a celebrity credits that reduce actual time spent behind bars.

-------------
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:14am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Jaysus, was he drinking when he had the training ground bust up

Still though, suspend the entire sentence for the Lampard incident

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:18am
Sickens me though how he will be branded tramp by the English media who hail John Terry a hero

Yes, that's the same John Terry who shoulf of been locked up for attacking a doorman with a glass
The same John Terry who pisses on nightclub floors

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:26am
Correct Ger, 100% on the money.  England Internationals get away with loads, that's the difference. 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:32am
The same John Terry that parks in a disable space. Tonight really is a lose lose situation; United win and I'll never hear the end of it or a Chelski win and this pr1ck lifts the European Cup

-------------

Posted By: Donal Cullen
Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:57pm
I read an interview with Barton in a soccer mago (fourfourtwo, I think) and he sounded down to earth and not full of the "I'm a Premier Division player and an England international" crap. However, this does not excuse his behaviour (or my spelling). It seems that being a professional footballer entitles you to get away with any amount of bad behavior but the opposite should be the case. There are players in England who behave themselves, set good examples and do charity work without the publicity but it seems the media always look out for the Gazza-type and then call his antic's "just being one of the lads!" Just being one of the lads is doing your job, having a pint or two with your mates and looking after your family but thats not what the sensational-seeking hacks want. And in case your are wondering it has been going on for years so isn't it time these players were told to behave like the rest of us or suffer the consequences?Angry

-------------
There are friendlier places to drink.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 21 May 2008 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by GerKeano GerKeano wrote:

Sickens me though how he will be branded tramp by the English media who hail John Terry a hero

Yes, that's the same John Terry who shoulf of been locked up for attacking a doorman with a glass
The same John Terry who pisses on nightclub floors

I've a mate who glssed someone..a nicer feelah you wouldn't he was young and very drunk..

...and as for pissing in nightclub floors, who hasn't? Certianly not you Gerk that's a FACT.

point been everyone does f**king terrible things during their lives and we should sometimes get off our Liveline High Horses...except you Justice throw away the key for you ladLOL

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 22 May 2008 at 7:09am
I agree with the above statement in its entirerity

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net