Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=22052
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 10:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Billy Dennehy
Posted By: PropagandhiŽ
Subject: Billy Dennehy
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:28am

WITH September just around the corner, Billy Dennehy may well be the only Kerryman still in the hunt for a championship title -- but not the kind they are used to in the Kingdom.

The Tralee native was in flying form for Shamrock Rovers on Monday night with a man-of-the-match performance as they took another huge step towards a first League of Ireland Premier Division title since 1994 with a facile win over UCD.

Dennehy was once an extremely promising Gaelic footballer in a county that lives and breathes the GAA sport of the bigger-ball variety.

But the 23-year-old feels that his experiences this year with the Hoops have justified his decision to pursue a career in Association football.

"I was a Stacks man and played with the Kerry minors and stuff," said Dennehy. "But it came to the stage where I got offered the chance to go to Sunderland and when you are a young lad and you are offered the chance to go and play in England, it's not a hard decision.

"But since I've come home I'm enjoying my football now more than anywhere else I've been.

"At Cork City and now here I'm enjoying my football, off the pitch as well and that shows in training and on the pitch. All the lads get on great together. There is a great team spirit there. We need that for the run-in and hopefully it will continue that way."

Dennehy's boss Michael O'Neill was lavish in his praise for the former Cork City player, claiming that there is no better left-winger in the league, and stating that players of his ilk are crucial as the Hoops face a tense title run-in.

"He is a fantastic professional who works hard, and he's positive every time he gets the ball," said O'Neill.

"It's what gets the people excited; it's important here because sometimes the atmosphere here is quiet and you need players to generate that. Billy is one of those players."

-------------
"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Replies:
Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 9:35am
Never knew he played with the kerry MinorsShocked

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: Post_Man
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 10:36am
He's a confidence player and now he has confidence!

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:42pm
He's a diving, moaning complainy ****.

Good player though

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:51pm
Jaysus cry me a river UCD. You are the whingebag, you must have posted that on every clubs forum by now.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:00pm
Confused

He gives out to his own players when he doesn't get the ball on a plate or when he puts in a cross that doesn't get finished. What am I whingeing about I said he was a good player - I say it because I see from non green and white hooped tinted glasses. The lad on the SR forum agreed with me so don't take anything against your players or team as "THIS IS BECAUSE OUR LAST RESULT " Enough nonsense

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:01pm
@UCD AFC WHats UCD's keppers name?

-------------
But Why?

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:06pm
The one that's played the last few is Ger Barron.

Billy Brennan was first choice at the start of the season.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:10pm
Alright from what I;m told he's very dodgy

-------------
But Why?

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 6:04am
Billy's on fire lately, timing his run of form well.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: garytwigg21
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:28am
Has been much more effective in the last 10 games then he was in the first 10. Defo a confidence player, keep it going Billy Thumbs%20Up

-------------
This time next year........

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 12:52pm
Grade A ****

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:45pm
Singing Ee eye Billy Dennehy etc etc.........

Good man Billy, f*ck the begrudgers.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:35pm
Big%20smile

Posted By: MrFantastico
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

fw its B.I billy dennehy

-------------
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by MrFantastico MrFantastico wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

fw its B.I billy dennehy

Ah.......WHATEVER..........LOL, pedantic Fantastic, fook off!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 1:18pm

Billy's free kick here from Friday..........quality. Clap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP7qvjB5iCs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP7qvjB5iCs

-------------

Posted By: PropagandhiŽ
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:03pm
What a goal by Dennehy. Take a bow son.

-------------
"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by PropagandhiŽ PropagandhiŽ wrote:

+1

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 5:05pm
Remarkable run of form lately from Billy............brilliant strike tonight and he covered so much ground. Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 5:15pm
Smile

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by PropagandhiŽ PropagandhiŽ wrote:

absolute rasper alright, man of the match aswellClap

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:44pm
Son Of Kerry Returns Home To Inspire Generation ... - balls.ie https://www.balls.ie/football/billy-dennehy-kerry-mark-farren-cup-final-418520" rel="nofollow - - "Myself and my brother had League Of Ireland careers," Dennehy tells Balls. "In the back of our minds, we were out there representing Kerry as well, trying to go out, do well for those clubs and ...

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 1:00pm

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 4:17pm
A f**king gobsh*te. Go away and cry baby.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net