Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Darren O'Dea
Posted By: Wearside Bhoy
Subject: Darren O'Dea
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 12:28pm
Off to Ipswich on loan ?

-------------
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.

Replies:
Posted By: Propagandhi®
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 3:05pm
Hopefully he goes to Ipswich. He's behind at least 4 other defenders at Celtic after they signed Majstorovic.

-------------
"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 3:11pm

Celtic's Darren O'Dea is Ipswich bound

Celtic%20defender%20Darren%20ODea
Celtic defender O'Dea wants regular first-team football

Celtic central defender Darren O'Dea could be heading for a second loan spell in the English Championship and will travel to Ipswich Town on Monday.

The 23-year-old finished last season back as a regular in Celtic's defence after a difficult stay at Reading.

But new manager Neil Lennon is poised to sign Daniel Majstorovic and is prepared to let O'Dea leave.

"He doesn't want to be a squad player, he wants to play and I can't guarantee him that," said Lennon.

"Ipswich have made an enquiry to take him on loan so there is a possibility he will be down there on Monday.

"Ipswich have given him the opportunity to go and play and I think it will be good for him to get some games under his belt because we're bringing in other people allied to the ones we've got."

O'Dea, who has two senior Republic of Ireland cap, joined Reading in September but fell out of favour in his last two months at Madejski Stadium.

He fought his way back into the Celtic side on his return to Glasgow in January, first under Tony Mowbray and then under Lennon when the present boss took over as caretaker.

Sweden international Majstorovic is having a medical this weekend with a view to a transfer from AEK Athens.

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:42pm

Good player, needs to get a good run of games to see if he is going to fulfill his potential, best of luck to him Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:57pm
He should have gone 2 years ago. Hopefully it works out for him now if he does go. So much potential, he's still young enough.

Posted By: baddler
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 3:30am

Surprised he never really made it at Celtic, he's always impressed me when I've seen him play (granted I don't watch the SPL that much).

I would be worried about seeing him going to Keane at Ipswich though, I wonder if he'll even last the first half of the season there

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 4:05am
Originally posted by baddler baddler wrote:

Surprised he never really made it at Celtic, he's always impressed me when I've seen him play (granted I don't watch the SPL that much).

I would be worried about seeing him going to Keane at Ipswich though, I wonder if he'll even last the first half of the season there

Keano handled a young Jonny Evans brillantly during two loans spells on Wearside. Clap

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Predator
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 7:27am
O'Dea is a monster of a defender. He's a beast. Hopefully he'll flourish under Keane.

Posted By: Jonesy
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 9:56am
Hope it works out for him.

-------------
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP

Posted By: MARTY
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 10:09am
Would be a good move for him.
Keane complaining at weekend his team where a bit light in size/ height vs Burnley.

-------------
Still broke?...blame it all on Gary Mackay...Nov' 87

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 10:11am
hopefully this will work out for him.
Cant see a future at Celtic for him, if they rated him that highly they wouldn't keep buying defenders

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:55am
He has completed his move to Ipswich and will stay until January.

-------------

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

O'Dea is a monster of a defender. He's a beast. Hopefully he'll flourish under Keane.

Do you rate him then Predator, don't hold back now, give us you're opinion   

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:44am
"He doesn't want to be a squad player, he wants to play and I can't guarantee him that.

"Ipswich have given him the opportunity to go and play and I think it will be good for him to get some games under his belt because we're bringing in other people allied to the ones we've got."

Neil Lennon

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:50am

Ipswich Town loanee Darren O'Dea says getting back into the plans of parent club Celtic is off the agenda.

It is a shift in thinking for the defender, 23, who admits his career in Scotland had previously taken priority.

"Maybe when I went down to Reading last year, that was my aim," he told BBC Radio Suffolk.

"This time I'm just focused on playing for Ipswich, doing as well as I can here and letting other things take care of themselves."

The Irishman played just eight times during a four-month loan spell at the Madejski Stadium last season, but returned to Celtic Park to become a first-team regular at the back end of the campaign. It looked like the centre-half's fortunes were changing but a summer of upheaval at Celtic persuaded him to look elsewhere.

"A lot of new players came in and I felt that if a manager is bringing in that many new players he's maybe going to favour playing them," he said.

"I'm a young, hungry player that wants to play every week. I didn't feel I was guaranteed that there but neither am I guaranteed it here."

O'Dea will have to break up the central-defensive pairing of Gareth McAuley and Tommy Smith if he is to get games under his belt while in Suffolk, but says he can slot in elsewhere in the back-four.

"Any opportunities I get I'll need to take with both hands," he said.

"I'd say predominately I'm a centre-half but left-back, or anywhere else in the team, is not a problem."

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 6:48am
Keane Delighted With O'Dea Debut

Blues boss Roy Keane was delighted with new loan signing Darren O’Dea’s debut in Saturday’s 2-1 win at Crystal Palace. However, the Town manager revealed that the Celtic man might not be available for Tuesday’s Carling Cup tie at Crewe having suffered a concussion at Selhurst Park.

Keane said: “Darren did very well, he was touch and go to come on for the second half because he’s got concussion. He’ll have to see the doctor to see whether he’ll be available for Tuesday.

“There was no way he wanted to come off, he’s a good character and I thought he made some good tackles right in front of our supporters. They’ll appreciate that.”

O’Dea and his defensive colleagues needed to be on top of their game against the Eagles, says Keane: “We knew our back four would be under pressure today, but we just hoped that if we got the opportunities we’d punish Palace, which we managed to do. But we don’t do that anywhere near enough.

“Darren should be pleased. He’s had a good week at the club and I’m very pleased with him. He’s a good kid.”

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 7:08pm
Great to hear. Hopefully the guy has a good season and has his loan extended.

-------------
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 9:58pm
Lets hope Darren gets an extended run in the side.

-------------

Posted By: PaddyBourke2
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 2:12am
thank god he left them. he'll be better off in the championship.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 6:56am

O'Dea is available for Tuesday night.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Propagandhi® Propagandhi® wrote:

O'Dea is available for Tuesday night.

Good stuff we may well need him.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 6:36am

Republic of Ireland defender Darren O'Dea has returned to his club after being ruled out of Tuesday night's Euro 2012 qualifier against Andorra through injury.

The 23-year-old Ipswich player last week underwent a scan on a knee injury, which revealed a slight sprain, and although he was included in the party which flew out to Yerevan last Wednesday, he did not make the 18 for the 1-0 victory over Armenia.

O'Dea was able to train at Gannon Park in Malahide on Sunday, but has since been withdrawn and has gone back to Ipswich for treatment.

He becomes the fourth member of the squad to pull out, following Damien Duff, Keith Andrews and Keith Treacy on to the sidelines.

A fifth casualty, Paul McShane, is back in training after recovering from the hamstring problem which prevented his participation in Armenia.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 12:53pm

Ipswich have an injury worry over Darren O'Dea ahead of the clash with leaders QPR.

O'Dea pulled out of the Republic of Ireland squad last week with a knee injury but started the goalless draw at http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/portsmouth/ - Portsmouth on Saturday.

However, the on-loan http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/celtic/ - Celtic man came off at Fratton Park so Mark Kennedy could make his home debut after recovering from a hamstring injury.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 3:14am
Darren played well for Ipswich against Cardiff yesterday according to a report that I read.

-------------

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 6:13am
I think O'Dea has improved immensly over the last few years.

He has become very solid and did very well in the May friendlies. Although, I know that the qualifiers are a different story.

Should he start for us?

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 7:57am
Dont see why he does'nt play left full which is an area that we need to fill as Killer is past his best.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Jokerman
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 7:41am
O'Dea has recovered from injury and is available for Ipswich's next league game.

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 7:43am

Where's the article for this news? LOL

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Jonesy
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Where's the article for this news? LOL

The Tractor boys news Big%20smile

-------------
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 12:15pm
Great stuff, hopefully he can return to form.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 9:19am
O'Dea in Irish Squad
Mon 15th Nov 2010

Loanee defender Darren O’Dea has been confirmed in the Republic of Ireland squad for their friendly against Norway in Dublin on Wednesday. The Celtic man was named in the preliminary squad but Town were in talks with the FAI regarding his inclusion in the final party.

The 23-year-old centre-half or left-back was on the Blues bench on Saturday but wasn’t considered fit enough to start having undergone a knee operation a month ago, which had been expected to keep him out of action for six weeks.

Speaking on Friday, manager Roy Keane said the club were speaking to the Irish management about O’Dea’s situation: “Conversations are going on with the medical staff over there. We don’t want him going over there if he isn’t going to get any minutes. The priority with him is to get some minutes under his belt.”

O’Dea’s subsequent inclusion suggests he may win his third full cap against the Norwegians with a number of players having already ruled themselves out and with Preston’s Sean St Ledger also a doubt due to a knee problem.

Former Blue Jon Walters is included in a full squad for the first time having previously been capped at U21 and B levels.

If he had remained behind, O’Dea would have been included in Tuesday’s behind-closed-doors friendly at Norwich.

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 1:30pm
Pleased for Darren lets hope he can put his injury problems behind him.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 1:40pm
It would be lovely if O'Dea and the rest of the Irish contingent at Ipswich ended up in the Premier League next season but they are just too inconsistent.

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:50am
Irish Times -
O'Dea was named in the FA Cup team of the weekend Confused

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:51am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Irish Times -
O'Dea was named in the FA Cup team of the weekend Confused
kin ell

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:45am
Was impressed with the lad the other night. His tackle on Pandev early doors set him up nicely.
Hoping to see another solid performance tonight as we are tight enough at centre back.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Garak
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:51am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Was impressed with the lad the other night. His tackle on Pandev early doors set him up nicely.
Hoping to see another solid performance tonight as we are tight enough at centre back.

Agree there, was a bit weary of him starting but he held his own. Will definitely be good to take another look at him later on.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:48am

This lad can play and defend, he was unlucky not to get a look in at Celtic and I had no fears for him last Saturday.  Great to see him get a chance and he'll kick on in his career, still pretty young.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Justice No. 1
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:55am
Best thing he and mcgeady did was to getting the hell out of that Pub teams league

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Best thing he and mcgeady did was to getting the hell out of that Pub teams league

Change the record J. Sleepy LOL 

O'Dea played superb football for Celtic in the CL (when was the last time the Toffees made it to the group stage then?), he had to get away for his career cos Strachan and Mowbray wouldn't give him a decent look in despite Caldwell and McManus playing utter sh*te for the last 18 months to 2 years of their Celtic career.  I'd have O'Dea back in the Celtic team now if it were possible, the lad is an excellent defender and one moment summed him nicely on Sat, long ball was played up and rather than boot it or head it away, took it on his chest into his stride and sprinted away from the forward easily before passing to a team-mate. Clap

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Justice No. 1
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:04am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

O'Dea played superb football for Celtic in the CL (when was the last time the Toffees made it to the group stage then?), he had to get away for his career cos Strachan and Mowbray wouldn't give him a decent look in despite Caldwell and McManus playing utter sh*te for the last 18 months to 2 years of their Celtic career.  I'd have O'Dea back in the Celtic team now if it were possible, the lad is an excellent defender and one moment summed him nicely on Sat, long ball was played up and rather than boot it or head it away, took it on his chest into his stride and sprinted away from the forward easily before passing to a team-mate. Clap

ClapClap

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:14am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

dont think he has a future at the club though
when Loovens and Mulgrew are preferred you know the manager doesn't rate you

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:27am
In truth he had a good game against Macedonia , he"s a good squad  player to have who"ll act as cover now and in the future!! I dont want to be pinning our hope"s on O"Dea who isnt even automatic at Ipswich , Strachan was to pig headed for change at Celtic but in fairness 3 managers cant be wrong about a player , Strachan , Mowbray and Lennon...Personally id like to see a few more young centre halves coming through along with Duffy who for me is the stand out

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Sloop John G
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:46am
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/odea-feared-dropping-off-international-radar-before-leeds-switch-2842800.html - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/odea-feared-dropping-off-international-radar-before-leeds-switch-2842800.html

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

In truth he had a good game against Macedonia , he"s a good squad  player to have who"ll act as cover now and in the future!! I dont want to be pinning our hope"s on O"Dea who isnt even automatic at Ipswich , Strachan was to pig headed for change at Celtic but in fairness 3 managers cant be wrong about a player , Strachan , Mowbray and Lennon...Personally id like to see a few more young centre halves coming through along with Duffy who for me is the stand out
We are struggling at centre half but I feel O'dea was by far the worst option. I really wanted him to be a player as he seems to have a great attitude and personality but my lord he is dreadful. So sleep and sloppy!!

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:17am
sloppy?? i haven't seen him make a mistake in an irish jersey yet! he has been very good in the irish jersey

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:52am
Always nice to read about players who appreciate the honour that is playing for your country. Good man O'Dea.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 7:20am

If O'Dea is playing week in week out for Leeds he will mature as a player and could very well improve...He's a decent option for Trap , look he can header a ball and even if he has to hoof it out of defense so be it...He wears his heart on his sleeve Clap

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:32am
He played left-back last week for Leeds and that is not his position as he doesn't have the pace to play there, he needs to be in the centre.

Posted By: Sloop John G
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:55am
O'Dea has been every bit as competent as St Ledger at domestic level and he has been a rock for Ireland whenever he has played. 

Posted By: GG14
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 4:25pm
Glad to see Trap stuck with O'Dea to play centre half, he has done well the last few games and deserves to keep his place. It will be good to have another dependable option if Dunne / St Ledger / O Shea out.

Playing well for Leeds since switched to centre half (if a Leeds defender could be regarded as playing well this season!!!)

Posted By: mcnevin12
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 5:39pm
I think he's a great defender, soon 2 b a regular at centre back but not until Dunne retires

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

O'Dea has been every bit as competent as St Ledger at domestic level and he has been a rock for Ireland whenever he has played. 

I've always rated him.

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 2:46am
Was brilliant that night in Leige, rock solid v Macedonia and in all the praise for Dunne in Moscow O'Dea's performance has gotten over looked as he was outstanding that night as well.

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:31pm
Scored against Coventry tonight

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

One of my mates is at it, saying hes playing unreal and should really have scored anotherThumbs Up

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

One of my mates is at it, saying hes playing unreal and should really have scored anotherThumbs Up
Your mate doesnt happen to be Trapp by any chance ? Cmon you Whites

Posted By: fairsickoftrap
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:53pm
trap is sitting by the fire in milan and wont look at a game either live or on tv til estonia,he will pick our squad for the euros if we get there by who showed up for summer camp in 2008!

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:11pm
I rate the lad. More than adequate cover.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Patman Scoop
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:19pm
Leeds Legend !Clap

-------------
Why no wine??!

Posted By: ParkLife
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:19pm
He's been the only mainstay in the Leeds defence since he came in. Well impressed with him.

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by ParkLife ParkLife wrote:

He's been the only mainstay in the Leeds defence since he came in. Well impressed with him.

Fcukin Coventry score in the 93rd minute   

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:43pm
Celtics best player
Typical of Lennon when there defence is gank

-------------

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 4:01pm
Finished 1-1

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 4:07pm
Never worried when big Daz has to step in for us. Will be an Ireland regular for years to come Clap

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Never worried when big Daz has to step in for us. Will be an Ireland regular for years to come Clap

Can't understand why Celtic didn't play him more when you look at the state of the current central defenders. Confused

-------------

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:06am
O'Dea is a weird one , he has been a colussus for Ireland but has been average for Celtic, a bit like Sledge with PNE

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:23am

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:27am
Maldini was not a pacey player or defender when at 25 or so ,  as well...as i said before he can be the irish Maldini...he needs to focus , but he can play central back or left back.."a la italiana.."  i hope he gets a transfer to a team like Liverpool  , A C Milan, or at least  a team with grit /.,   or  a strong back line type...he is better as "libero" ...

anotehr player that is consistent is Damian Delaney .... he is strong and secure ...should have played more for Ireland

Posted By: MaradonaSeven
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 8:43am
After making a right f**k of things there for the cardiff goal..... brutal defending. 

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 8:49am
Substituted after half an hour.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:03am
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Injured Trapped ?

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:12am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Injured Trapped ?

Yea. He was still running but picked up some sort of injury.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:13am
Originally posted by MaradonaSeven MaradonaSeven wrote:

After making a right f**k of things there for the cardiff goal..... brutal defending. 

Crap defending alright but at least an Irish man scored from it (Joe Mason)...3 in 3 for him

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: MaradonaSeven
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:36am

Originally posted by MaradonaSeven MaradonaSeven wrote:

Crap defending alright but at least an Irish man scored from it (Joe Mason)...3 in 3 for him

Ya he's going well the last while to be fair...always good to see!! needed to pick up the scoring ratio a little bit but seems to be doing that now...

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 12:38pm
Some celtic fans ae crying out for him to be recalled from loan, though given our defensive problems that isn't much of a surprise!

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: GreenDodger93
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 5:52am
cant picture o'dea ever returning to celtic

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Some celtic fans ae crying out for him to be recalled from loan, though given our defensive problems that isn't much of a surprise!

I wouldnt say there is a clause to recall him

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: celts88
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 8:08am
o dea is better than the sh*t defenders who are playing now but lenny doesnt rate him.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 8:19am
That's cos Lennon is clueless

-------------

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 3:07pm
Think O'Dea should definitely be in the Celtic team don't know why Lennon doesn't rate him...as a neutral I like Lennon but it does seem like Celtic are really struggling last year when I thought they would be primed to take back the title

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:16pm
Has been made club captain at Dundee.

I also came across this;  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujUij0VdqyA&feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujUij0VdqyA&feature=youtu.be

It is part of an interview series being done by his former youth teammate at Celtic, Simon Ferry. He comes across really well and some good stories about Tommy Burns and the difficulties in trying to work out if Chris Sutton liked you or not!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:42am
Darren got sent off for Dundee yesterday for a professional foul in his last ever match.

-------------

Posted By: ErsatzThistle
Date Posted: 23 May 2019 at 5:39pm
Darren O'Dea has been appointed coach of Motherwell's U18 team. 

Motherwell have one of the best youth set-ups in Scottish football, so they must think something of O'Dea to take him on as part of that set-up.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 23 May 2019 at 6:47pm
Always seemed like a guy with good leadersip qualities. Retiring at 32  to take up the job certainly shows he has an enthusiasm for coaching anyway.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:39am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Always seemed like a guy with good leadersip qualities. Retiring at 32  to take up the job certainly shows he has an enthusiasm for coaching anyway.

hopefully they dont take any leadership tips from his last game....!!

-------------
Come on Irelind

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 8:09pm

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/celtic-coach-will-stay-at-lennoxtown-despite-link-to-scottish-management-job/" rel="nofollow - https://www.67hailhail.com/news/celtic-coach-will-stay-at-lennoxtown-despite-link-to-scottish-management-job/

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 6:09pm
Celtic B team coach Darren O'Dea on the Inverness Caley short list to replace Billy Dodds.

-------------

Posted By: TheNumber6
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 12:31pm
Future Irish manager - I’ll come back to this in 15 years😂

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Future Irish manager - I’ll come back to this in 15 years😂

Or 15 days!

-------------
Idah Dream!