Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=21510
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 5:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Adam Rooney
Posted By: Propagandhi®
Subject: Adam Rooney
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 9:35am

Striker Adam Rooney is confident Inverness are more than equipped for life back in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

Caley Thistle begin life back in the top flight at home to http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/celtic/ - Celtic on Saturday after winning the Irn-Bru First Division title by 12 points following a 21-game unbeaten league run. Rooney, 22, was voted the division's player of the season and he is eager to take his form into the SPL.

"We've had a really good pre-season, the first couple of weeks were tough with all the running but the trip to http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/blackpool/ - Blackpool was excellent and helped the team bond together," the Irishman said. "We'll be up for every game this year no matter who we play, home or away we're just keen to get the three points from every game."

He continued: "It's definitely different from last year because everyone had to get used to being relegated from the SPL and I don't think too many had experienced that before.

"A few new lads came in and it took time for everybody to gel and get to know each other, and when it did click we showed what a good team we can be."

Rooney, who was signed by Craig Brewster, ended his first campaign in http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/scotland/ - Scotland with six goals to his name as the Highlanders slipped down a division.

However, last season he netted 27 goals to become Caley Thistle's main goal threat. But the former Stoke player is not overly focused on goal targets this season.

"Nobody has put me under any pressure to score a certain amount of goals," he said. "It will just be up to me to grab as many goals as I can just like last year.

"A lot of guys chipped in with goals last year, Richie Foran grabbed 16 and Johnny Hayes got 10, so there's definitely goals throughout the team and we'll need everyone scoring this season.

"There's a lot of experience in the side, with some guys having played all five seasons in the SPL and there's a good mix in the squad at the moment. The younger lads will provide the energy and the older guys will keep us in check. But we'll need to work as a team just as we did last year."

-------------
"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Replies:
Posted By: Gouldinho09
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 9:36am
Foran>Rooney

-------------

Posted By: Tweetering
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 1:26pm
Scored again at weekend. Could he develop his game and move back to a premier league team?

He has scored 32 goals in 67 games since going to Inverness, and is 22 years of age
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle_F.C. -

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 3:12pm
would prob benefit more going to a good championship team. I couldnt see a top premier league team taking him and there wouldnt be much point in him going to blackpool or someone like that.....

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 7:38pm
Hopefully the fai have been in touch with this lad. Ya never know he could be brilliant in a few years.

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:59am
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Hopefully the fai have been in touch with this lad. Ya never know he could be brilliant in a few years.

He's an under 21 international and is from Dublin.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Drummerboy Drummerboy wrote:

Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

He's an under 21 international and is from Dublin.

They are probably yet to get in touch LOL

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:26am
At the risk of upsettting your sensitive side prop, should this not be in the rest of the world section?? It's more an article on Caley Thistle than it is on Rooney and has no mention of Ireland at all.

You don't have to post up every single article on Irish players, most of us don't care that Kevin Kilbane thinks Hull should be "savy to the threat of championship football"

...queue annoyed response

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 6:47am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

At the risk of upsettting your sensitive side prop, should this not be in the rest of the world section?? It's more an article on Caley Thistle than it is on Rooney and has no mention of Ireland at all.

You don't have to post up every single article on Irish players, most of us don't care that Kevin Kilbane thinks Hull should be "savy to the threat of championship football"

Erm, thats the main reason I visit this forum, to read the articles that Prop copys and pastes

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Erm, thats the main reason I visit this forum, to read the articles that Prop copys and pastes
The copy and paste insults have been done to death. At least I'm able to form an opinion about Irish and Foreign football as well. 75% of the people on this forum use it just to talk about their holidays to Armenia and Macedonia or their asinine opinions or trolling or at best platitudes. At least what I do is productive. And as for Adam Rooney. He's 22, and Irish and playing at the highest level of Scottish football. I can make a thread about people like him if I want. We've been through this before. For every menopausal dipsh*t like you who moans about it, there are people who like every facet of Irish football and like hearing about players they otherwise aren't too aware of.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:19am
Did you mean to direct that post at me? I was being serious, not sarcastic, I do come here for the articles on Irish players in all leagues and levels. I didn't mean copy and paste as an insult.

I was disagreeing with seaniemac, and expressing my appreciations for info on Irish players collected from various websites.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Did you mean to direct that post at me? I was being serious, not sarcastic, I do come here for the articles on Irish players in all leagues and levels. I didn't mean copy and paste as an insult.

I was disagreeing with seaniemac, and expressing my appreciations for info on Irish players collected from various websites.
My bad. I'm just preconditioned to be insulted. Thanks buddy. Much appreciated.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 7:46am

Caley Thistle forward Adam Rooney hit a career milestone of 50 career goals after netting a double in the Highland club's 3-0 League Cup win over Peterhead in Inverness last night.

The 22-year-old netted 27 times for the Caley Jags in a prolific campaign in the First Division last term – and was also on target for Stoke City, Chesterfield and Bury on loan before moving north.

The Irish forward has made the step up to the SPL with ease, scoring twice in the four-goal thrashing of Dundee United then adding another two against the Blue Toon.

He said: “It is a nice achievement to score my 50th career goal.

“Throughout my whole career I have been aiming to hit that mark and I am glad I have got it out the way. Hopefully, I can double that in the next few seasons with Caley Thistle.

“I knew I was close after last season and I wanted to get 50 as soon as I could this season.

“The main thing is the team are doing well and we have started off the season brightly.

“We look strong defensively, we are solid across the middle and going forward we look capable of scoring goals every time.

“We’ll look to continue that against Hamilton Accies on Saturday."

Rooney believes the Caley Jags will flourish in the SPL this term after surprising many observers by dismantling Dundee United with ease at Tannadice.

He added: “We look forward to every game in the SPL. We want to playing against the top teams and there is no pressure on us.

“I have never been put under pressure by the manager or any of the other players. I had a good season last season, as did the whole team, and coming into this season we felt confident.

“It was a great night for us against Peterhead, a 3-0 win, and we took our foot of the gas a bit in the second half.

“I never doubted I could keep scoring after last season. We are creating chances. I had quite a few against Dundee United and to get another two goals against Peterhead was great.

“I am always confident that if the team creates chances I will get on the end of them.

“As long as we can keep it going in the next few weeks and pick up a few more points in the league we will be happy."

-------------

Posted By: petej1963
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 7:52am
Good lad, and to think that I use to tell him and his brother Mark to get the fcuk out of the tree at the end of me garden. Big%20smile

-------------
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:21am
good lad but he needs to get out of scotand and maybe get a championship club.

Posted By: baddler
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:28am
to be honest I think he's pretty much found his level.  Was never too impressed with him when he played for the u21s. 

If we're looking for lanky mediocre strikers that play/used to play in Scotland then I think Cillian Sheridan has that place sewn up...

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:35am

why is he not in the u21 squad.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:37am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Because he is 22 Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:40am
Originally posted by petej1963 petej1963 wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Because he is 22 Wink

I thought you were eligible until you turn 23.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:40am
Originally posted by baddler baddler wrote:

to be honest I think he's pretty much found his level.  Was never too impressed with him when he played for the u21s. 

If we're looking for lanky mediocre strikers that play/used to play in Scotland then I think Cillian Sheridan has that place sewn up...

Sorry don't agree, have seen him a few times at different levels, good head on his shoulders, at 22 he has a bit to go, Time will tell.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 1:24pm

Terry Butcher has backed Adam Rooney and Eric Odhiambo to continue the club`s recent goalscoring form as Inverness prepare to host struggling Hamilton.

Rooney has grabbed four goals in the victories over http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/dundee-united/ - Dundee United and Peterhead, with Odhiambo playing his part with two assists.

And Butcher believes the pair can be a force to be reckoned with in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

"They formed a good partnership last season and they've started the campaign well and that's great," Butcher said. "Eric has got superb ability, turns and holds the ball up well and has an eye for a pass.

"Then Adam has a great eye for goal - there's no doubting that every time he hits the ball you think he's going to score. Adam's a great player and starting to blossom into a top-class striker and we're obviously very happy with that.

"There's also youngster Nick Ross who had a very good game against Peterhead on Wednesday night, and he's only 18 years old and learning very quickly."

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 12:49pm
Adam Rooney is determined to make the most of his last chance to represent the Republic of Ireland at Under-21 level.

The Inverness Caledonian Thistle striker has been recalled after an absence of more than two years for the European Championship qualifiers against Switzerland on Friday night and Turkey next Tuesday.

Ireland cannot make the finals and will use the two games to prepare themselves for the next campaign.

However, Rooney, 22, will be too old by then, and so he is desperate to sign off in style.

He said: 'I'm delighted to be back with the Under-21s. It's been a few years since I was in the squad, so I'm glad to be back.

'Unfortunately, these will be my last two matches because I will be over-age for the next campaign, so hopefully I get a chance to play and it will be great to play for Ireland again.'

When Rooney last represented his country against England in February 2008, he was still trying to make his way in the game at Stoke City, from where he had loan spells at Yeovil, Chesterfield and Bury.

However, he has blossomed since moving north of the border to join Inverness Caledonian Thistle, for whom he scored 24 goals last season as they bounced back into the Scottish Premier League at the first attempt.

Four goals in five top-flight games to date have demonstrated his continuing potency, and he is relishing the chance to link up with Anthony Stokes once again following his big summer move to Celtic.

Rooney said: 'I would say myself, Kris Boyd and Stokesy were the top three scorers in Scotland last season, so it would be nice to link-up with Stokesy for the Under-21s.

'We have played together for Ireland a few times and we always seem to score goals together.'

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 10:44am
Rooney has continued his good goalscoring form by equalising for Caley with a penalty against Hibs.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Propagandhi® Propagandhi® wrote:

Rooney has continued his good goalscoring form by equalising for Caley with a penalty against Hibs.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:06pm

Terry Butcher wants to reward Adam Rooney's fine start to the season with a new and improved contract to deter suitors.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Propagandhi® Propagandhi® wrote:

Terry Butcher wants to reward Adam Rooney's fine start to the season with a new and improved contract to deter suitors.

Really think he should give this one a long think, no hurry yet to sign.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 7:44am

Caley Thistle attacker Adam Rooney is content to put his contract negotiations on the backburner and concentrate on finding the net for the Highlanders.

The 22-year-old is in the final year of his deal and Inverness manager Terry Butcher is keen to begin extension talks.

Rooney, who struck 27 goals en route to the First Division title last term, is relishing life with Caley Jags and is determined to continue making strides in the SPL.

The Republic of Ireland under-21 international said: “I have not really had time to think about it with the games coming thick and fast and being away with the international team.

“It is not something I have been worrying about, I am sure it will be discussed in the next few weeks.

“I am very happy here. I have enjoyed my two years at the club and I am just concentrating on enjoying the matches.

“It has been a good move for me. Last season was the first time I played regular football, starting each week, and I think it helped me improve a lot.

“I will keep working hard this year and, hopefully, keep improving. It is good for the confidence to hear the manager speaking about wanting me to stay. It is always nice to hear. I just want to keep repaying that confidence by working hard for the team.

“Hopefully, I can keep scoring goals. It would be nice to get a couple against Hearts.”

Rooney has already bagged five goals this season and is hungry for more.

He would love to be on the scoresheet against Hearts today but his first aim is collecting three points.

He said: “It is good for the confidence to get a few goals early on. The good thing is we are creating chances for everyone. We have a lot of different scorers throughout the team, it is not just one person getting the goals.

“There are goals in this team. We have been fairly solid defensively as well, so things are looking good.

“Hearts are a good side and it will be a hard game.

“Jim Jefferies is an experienced manager and he will have them well organised. They have made a decent start but it is more about how we perform. It is important to get the home form right.”

-------------

Posted By: Jokerman
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:24pm
Rooney has scored his sixth league goal of the season for Inverness tonight against Aberdeen.

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Jokerman Jokerman wrote:

Rooney has scored his sixth league goal of the season for Inverness tonight against Aberdeen.

-------------

Posted By: Jokerman
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:40am

Rooney puts the team first

CALEY THISTLE AWAY RECORD COMES BEFORE ADAM’S GOALS TARGET

Published: 27/11/2010

Adam Rooney had no idea he was on the verge of his own Inverness milestone at Parkhead today – but insists he would happily swap it for making them unbeaten away from home in a year.

As well as chalking up his 100th appearance for Caley Thistle in Glasgow's East End, the Dubliner is just one goal short of taking his goals tally to 50 in his two years since signing from Stoke City to make him one of the most prolific hitmen in the SPL.

Rooney, with 13 goals already to his credit this season, is relishing the trip to Celtic Park where Terry Butcher’s men have the chance to stretch their proud undefeated run in the league to exactly 12 months.

And while he’s had praise poured on him up until now for his exploits, the modest Irishman insists he’s more concerned with maintaining the team’s travelling record when they go head-to-head with Neil Lennon's title-chasers.

Rooney said: “Someone said to me the other day that I was close to my 50th goal for the club which I actually wasn’t aware of.

“Things have obviously been going well for me in front of goal and for a lot of strikers that’s the be the be-all-and-end-all.

“But, to be honest, my main focus has always been the team and helping them achieve first and foremost.

“As a forward, you go into every game wanting to hit the back of the net and this one will be no different. My attitude is that if it happens on the day then in happens.

“But if someone else takes the plaudits this week then I won’t be complaining as the main thing is to try and keep this fantastic run going away from home.

“It’s amazing to think that we’ve not lost away for such a long time and we’ve been to difficult places like Ibrox, Tynecastle and Tannadice and come away unscathed.

“Some would say that this represents the biggest test of our mettle yet as Celtic will be aiming to bounce back from drawing with Dundee United last weekend and we’ve also come this far in respect of our away form.

“However, we’re going there quietly confident and will approach it the same way as any other away fixture.”

Inverness emerged from their recent trip to the other half of the Old Firm with a well-deserved point against Rangers at Ibrox.

For once Rooney wasn’t on target that day although the Irish ace reckons they can draw inspiration from their game across in the other half of the city.

He said : “We fell behind against Rangers but still had the resilience and grit to come back for a point late in the game.

“There’s no real secret as such to our success but I think that Rangers draw sums us up our whole attitude.”

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 6:35am

Stephane Chapuisat has confirmed that Swiss club Young Boys of Berne are interested in Irish striker Adam Rooney.

The Inverness player, whose contract is up in the summer, has scored 14 goals this season for the Highlanders and has also been linked with Russian club Kuban Krasnador and Hibernian.

Swiss legend Chapuisat, coach at Young Boys, told the Scottish Sun that his club are also tracking the 22-year-old Dubliner.

He said: 'Yes, I have been watching Rooney.

'I was in Glasgow to watch him and another player in the game with Rangers.

'Rooney is a good striker but he is one of a number of players we are watching right now.

'We are not looking to take him now - it would be for next season.

'Rooney has talent and I will watch him again.'

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 11:34am
Two more for Adam today, Foran got two as well

-------------

Posted By: Mr.Green/Red
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 3:52pm
Adam Rooney well deserves a chance, even though he's only playing for ICT he is banging the goals and is very capable of doing the same for the boys in green! 100%

Posted By: mccarticus
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 1:59pm
B squad, if we have any B games coming up. thats where to have a look at him.

-------------
Sheedy wins it back, Sheedy shoots....

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 5:51am
I dont know why they dont have more B internationals. It would be the perfect chance to look at players like Rooney and the Dutch Lad. It would be good experience for the upcoming players like Conor Clifford and Robbie Brady too.  

Posted By: Wearside Bhoy
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 12:55am
Deserves his international chance.

-------------
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 7:20pm
Another goal in Europe. Not long til he will be off to Celtic.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 6:16am
Just been watching ARs goal last night a quality strike.
Clap

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 2:14pm
Supposedly his parents own the apartment John Boy lived in in love/hate.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 6:54pm
Super strike Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 11:39pm
Rooney again today...

-------------

Posted By: daveyc
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 11:45am
would prefer him in the squad  to stokes 

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 3:41pm
Similarly to Daryl Murphy and Eoin Doyle, the lad seems to be in the goalscoring form of his career this year. 21 goals in 32 games this season, including 6 in the Europa League.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 4:18pm
AR has had a perfetly good goal not given against Hamilton it was CLEARLY over the line.

-------------

Posted By: Galoglas
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 4:42pm
Then he should have had a penalty.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

AR has had a perfetly good goal not given against Hamilton it was CLEARLY over the line.

Miles over the line!

Adam Rooney goal

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 4:25pm
Aye but the linesman didn't have a good view of it ?????

-------------
Aberdeen have what money can't buy - a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition"
Di Stefano

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Similarly to Daryl Murphy and Eoin Doyle, the lad seems to be in the goalscoring form of his career this year. 21 goals in 32 games this season, including 6 in the Europa League.

Technically a better player than Doyle imo

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 2:46pm
He has been having a great season and while I'd rather Rooney and Hayes were ignored until after the Ireland v Scotland game I think every Dons fan would be delighted to see one or both of them getting a chance.Especially since the Scotland management team seem to ignore our players.

-------------
Aberdeen have what money can't buy - a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition"
Di Stefano

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Galoglas Galoglas wrote:

He has been having a great season and while I'd rather Rooney and Hayes were ignored until after the Ireland v Scotland game I think every Dons fan would be delighted to see one or both of them getting a chance.Especially since the Scotland management team seem to ignore our players.

What do you think of  Joe Shaughnessy? I realise he's been on laon at Forfa and currently is at Falkirk bot do you think he has a future with the Dons?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 9:45pm

What do you think of  Joe Shaughnessy? I realise he's been on laon at Forfa and currently is at Falkirk bot do you think he has a future with the Dons?

He's back at Aberdeen and played much of the match against Ross County. He was on the bench against Hamilton. I rate him, though he isn't a big dominating centre half which is what I think the manager looks for.
His contract is up in the Summer. I hope we keep him and he gets a run in the team.He has a great attitude.Might have to think about a different position though.

-------------
Di Stefano

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 3:44pm
Rooney again today.........playing out of his skin.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by petej1963 petej1963 wrote:

Rooney again today.........playing out of his skin.

another one......

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 5:13pm
Think he should stay put this time. At his level now.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 11:24pm
Won't do any harm to give him a try.Plenty of players plying their trade in Scotland play international football. He won't let you down. Though I would say the service he gets from Niall McGinn and Johnny Hayes  is something else.

-------------
Di Stefano

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 6:55am

Won't do any harm to give him a try.Plenty of players plying their trade in Scotland play international football. He won't let you down. Though I would say the service he gets from Niall McGinn and Johnny Hayes  is something else.

This, I think Rooney is certainly worth a call up.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 9:28pm
Scored his 25th goal of the season today against Dundee. The League's top scorer. Might have been worth a place in O'Neill's extended 93-man squad ahead of the likes of Doyle, who's done nothing of note this season.

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 1:15pm
Adam has scored for Aberdeen this afternoon.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 3:07pm
cant understand why he is not ahead of Doyle and stokes. younger and  more potential than both(imo), playing more regularly than both, scoring alot more goals than both. 

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 4:24pm
He's rubbish.Does nothing in a game at all.He has been a passenger most of the games he has played in.Not even worth a 2nd look. Nothing to see in Rooney at all. 
Maybe after June he might be worth a wee look.Wink

-------------
Di Stefano

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

cant understand why he is not ahead of Doyle and stokes. younger and  more potential than both(imo), playing more regularly than both, scoring alot more goals than both. 

Doyle and Stokes are the same age......

Potential at what 26, nearly 27?

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 10:12pm
Random fact but his aul pair own John Boy's apartment from Love/Hate.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

Doyle and Stokes are the same age......

Potential at what 26, nearly 27?

Regardless of potential  (Doyle is at least 30). Rooney is playing weekly and scoring regularly the other 2??

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 10:26pm
Rooney is 27 this month, Kevin Doyle is 31,Eoin Doyle is 27, Stokes 26. Hope this clears it up

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 5:46pm
And again today. He is also quoted as being in the running for Scotland's player of the year.

-------------
Di Stefano

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 10:58pm

And again today. He is also quoted as being in the running for Scotland's player of the year.

Seems you were right!

Shortlisted for Scottish PFA player of the year, and odds-on to win it.

http://www.the42.ie/adam-rooney-pfa-player-of-the-year-2065488-Apr2015/" rel="nofollow - http://www.the42.ie/adam-rooney-pfa-player-of-the-year-2065488-Apr2015/

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 6:21am

RTE.ie
http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/scottish/2015/0423/696319-adam-rooney-nominated-for-scottish-award/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=hdI5VayrJ4vaaPevgeAL&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNGojcWoRsAj5cMBIc9YjUdyaS7uzA" rel="nofollow - Adam Rooney nominated for Scottish award
RTE.ie -

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 9:06am
Good for him. An SPL standard player. Should stay there and win what he can.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 4:25pm
AR has scored v Partick T.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 6:06am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/adam-rooney-ready-for-exciting-month-351375.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0CBkQqQIwAGoVChMI5vnJzsnXxwIVigrbCh3xBA8K&usg=AFQjCNFIvISgiaI9tkaD25x0rFxXPFRwZg" rel="nofollow - Adam Rooney ready for exciting month
Irish Examiner -

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 11:34pm
Thats a real old photo. Good luck to him. He is not quite Joe Harper, yet, but he is up there with Duncan Shearer. 

-------------
Di Stefano

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 8:13pm
AR scored a peno for Aberdeen against Hamilton tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 5:53pm
Adam is currently playing in the Hearts v Aberdeen Scots Cup game live on BBC Scotland.

He's hardly had a touch its all Hearts as they lead 1 0.

-------------

Posted By: Bohsfan84
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 5:55pm

Adam is currently playing in the Hearts v Aberdeen Scots Cup game live on BBC Scotland.

He's hardly had a touch its all Hearts as they lead 1 0.

Any word on how Alan Power is getting on at Lincoln?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 8:07am
AR scored a peno for Aberdeen yesterday.

-------------

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 1:18pm
Rooney and Hayes bagged an assist each too.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:23am

Adam Rooney got his 16th goal of the season for Aberdeen last night.

-------------

Posted By: Peter1986
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:29am
Do u think any chance of getting a look in the squad for March games?Surely on the goal scoring form this 2years is worth giving him a chance,even if people say it's Aberdeen and only the Scottish league.if he was scoring 4celtic der would b no arguments.

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 11:54am
Personally dont think he's good enough but probably deserves a shot anyway

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:10pm
He didn't really do it at Birmingham, Oldham or Swindon.

I would be more in favour of giving Joe Mason, Paddy Madden or Eoin Doyle a chance in that order.

Madden is still scoring every other week at League One level - which IMO is better than the SPL - and he's not even playing up front most of the time.

He looked busy enough in his cameo against Wales too; had a decent effort saved.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:25pm
Madden or Doyle didn't do it at Championship either.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:34pm
Well Doyle definitely hasn't, Madden and Rooney never got much of a shot though. In their limited opportunities however, Rooney did outperform Madden, 4 goals in 16 games for Birmingham, which isn't disastrous I suppose

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:39pm
Madden had a falling out with the management team that season and ended up starting just 3 or 4 games - and they were out of position if I recall.

Deserves another shot IMO.

Rooney had 3 in 18 from open play. On a par with Doyle this season. Doyle would edge it for me simply because he scored far more at L1 level and is a bit different to what we already have.

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 2:14pm
I WILL SUPPORT  A MADDEN  CAMEO LATER ON he is the future  for next qualies  as MASON  plus ROONEY  and why not  RORY DONNELLY.....we need options  since  the old school  is getting on    doyle/keane/walters/daryl murphy

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 2:37pm
Rooney- 4 in 18 for Birmingham
Doyle -7 in 32 Cardiff and Preston
Doyle has more goals from penalties than Rooney, not that that matters.
Neither of them are good enough for the national team, but on current form Rooney definitely deserves a go before Doyle.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 2:41pm
Doyle netted close to 30 in one season in League One. Rooney couldn't net a cow's arse with a banjo in League Two. 

Rooney is scoring goals for fun in the SPL but you have to ask questions when Graham Cummins who couldn't find the net at League Two level is scoring for fun.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 2:45pm
Rooney never played in L2.... You could use the justification that Doyle outscored Rooney at L1 level, but then you could just as easily rebuke that by saying Rooney has far outscored Doyle at SPL level... It's swings and roundabouts, simply disguising the fact that neither of them are up to it.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 2:49pm
Doyle played out wide for Hibs.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 3:04pm
No he didn't, he played up front or as a second striker, he scored 11 in 49. Rooney has 41 in 73 for Aberdeen, and 44 in 103 for Inverness(not all in the SPL, admittedly). It's immaterial however, neither of them will make the cut. Of them all, I'd probably hold out most hope for Madden, not because I think he's particularly great, but because he's very fast, which on it's own can get you a long way.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 3:19pm
He might have scored more if he wasn't playing out wide half the time. Leigh Griffiths was Hibs's main forward back then.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?253565-Eoin-Doyle" rel="nofollow - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?253565-Eoin-Doyle

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?296527-Eoin-Doyle/page3" rel="nofollow - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?296527-Eoin-Doyle/page3

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 3:41pm
He was almost always a sub or a forward, the only time Doyle has truly played out wide was in his early Sligo career. His record is nowhere near Rooney's, just accept it. There are no excuses, it simply pales in comparison. And if Rooney himself can't get any game time for us, then Doyle certainly doesn't deserve to.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 3:48pm
MON has called up Rooney plenty of times and just doesn't seem to be impressed. He deserves a chance, though. A friendly cap at the very least

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 3:15pm
Adam has just scored for Aberdeen.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 4:00pm
17th of the season, after scoring 28 last campaign.

He's probably done enough to be given a chance to impress in one of the upcoming friendlies. It's always useful to have a player in confident goalscoring form to call upon.

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 6:29pm

He's probably done enough to be given a chance to impress in one of the upcoming friendlies. It's always useful to have a player in confident goalscoring form to call upon.

Id have him over Murphy anway

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

You never know about giving players caps from lesser leagues. After all Rooney failed miserably in the Championship while Murphy is thriving there. No guarantee Rooney would get anymore goals than Murphy's haul of nothing!

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

You never know about giving players caps from lesser leagues. After all Rooney failed miserably in the Championship while Murphy is thriving there. No guarantee Rooney would get anymore goals than Murphy's haul of nothing!

Nothing against Murphy at all, I just think Rooney would be a bit more mobile on the pitch and he has 5 years on him. Not to mention his current form.

Murph will be 33 soon, cant see him being around much longer. We know what he can/cant do at this stage. Give Rooney a go, absolutely no harm.

Posted By: Larsson
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 8:10pm
On the flip side Murphy bombed in the Spl with Celtic so who knows

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 8:21pm
Not qualified to confirm, but don't think he got a fair go up at park head?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Not qualified to confirm, but don't think he got a fair go up at park head?

I was never overly impressed with him re his stint at Celtic.

Just checked his stats and only scored once from play in over 20 games.

Two were peno's. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net