URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=21097
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:09am

Topic: Paddy Madden
Posted By: Propagandhi
Subject: Paddy Madden
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:58am
Madden was scouted by Birmingham, Newcastle and Celtic last night.

"England did nothing in the World Cup, so why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like sh*t, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't." - Joey Barton

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:19am
bit slow today prop  http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21090 - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21090

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:21am
I've updated it. Birmingham and Newcastle have also taken an interest in the young man.

"England did nothing in the World Cup, so why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like sh*t, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't." - Joey Barton

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:23am
hes a LOI player, people in this section wont know who he is!

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:31am
They will know who he is soon. ;) He's an U-21 International as well.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:40am
he was brutal last night Karl Shephard did more in the short time he was on.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:56am
Madden looked like a lost child last night.cant imagine he impressed anyone..

Posted By: Predator
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 10:55am
I'd agree with 'gufct' and 'The Boy Z'. Madden didn't look at all interested last night, although it was probably a bit too much to expect him to make an impact up front on his own with little or no service.

Sheppard certainly played well when he came on and his work rate was tremendous, but he really should have scored. That said, it's easy to see why he was signed by Everton a couple of years back.

Posted By: Gouldinho09
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 10:57am
He went downhill after Shelbourne shipped him out.

Posted By: Propagandhi®
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 10:24am
Madden is being tracked by Derby County. Nigel Clough watched Bohemians' 0-3 defeat to Shamrock Rovers in Dublin.

Posted By: JohnWilson 1991
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 10:28am

Hopefully a league 1 league 2 team sign him because he is a quality player and will get some game time in one of them leagues..

slan

Posted By: MrFantastico
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by JohnWilson 1991 JohnWilson 1991 wrote:

Hopefully a league 1 league 2 team sign him because he is a quality player and will get some game time in one of them leagues..

the loi is alot better than league 2

We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH

Posted By: Propagandhi®
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 9:32am

IRISH striker Paddy Madden is still on Derby County's radar.

The Rams have watched the 20-year-old Bohemians player a number of times but have made no official inquiry to the League of Ireland club.

Nigel Clough was in Dublin on Sunday to see Madden play against Shamrock Rovers.

"We are keeping an eye on him and will watch him again," said Clough. 

"It (Irish football) is a good market because the standard isn't a million miles off the Championship. Shamrock Rovers played Juventus in Europe last week and the record of Irish lads coming over here is tremendous.

"Like the Scottish market, it's not a bad one for us to look at.

"We have one eye on bringing in a player or two for the first-team squad but we are also looking to bring players in to develop.

"It's about finding the right ones and we will keep looking and assessing if they are better than what we have got."

"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Posted By: Jokerman
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 8:44am

Burnley manager Brian Laws wants to have another look at Bohemians' promising striker Paddy Madden in the New Year.

The 20-year-old recently completed a short spell with the Championship club and he made a favourable impression with the club's boss.

Laws knows all about the youngster and his goalscoring record and he is now hoping the Irish starlet will return next month.

Monitor

"There have been a lot of good players coming out of Ireland and he's a player we've known about for a while. He's got a good goalscoring record," Laws told Clarets Player.

"We have had a good look at him for a couple of days. We want to keep monitoring him and hopefully try and bring him back in January when we will probably get a game of some description, possibly in the reserves.

"I think that would be the best test for him to see how he is but he certainly didn't look out of place. He's a young player. I'm not so sure he's ready yet but he might be one for the future."

"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 9:49am
So much for Newcastle, Celtic, Blackpool etc. Paddy Madden has signed for Carlisle for an undisclosed fee. Two and a half year deal.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:02am
this is the perfect thread to cover half the sh*te posted on YBIG.

Madden could have been scouted by Barcelona and Milan...fact of the matter is that he is at Carlisle and the whole chit chat/sound bites was a load of sh*te.... scouted me hole, prob some lad in newcastle jersey watching the game!

This sort of stuff is posted once a week and always ends up being sh*te!

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 10:10am

The Celtic bid was rejected hence he signed for Carlisle

Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 3:26pm
Most over-rated player to come out of the LOI.

Posted By: Sloop John G
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 6:53am
Is he good enough to push on in England?

Posted By: The Violator
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 7:00am
has he even scored for em yet ,13 appearences and 0 goals

Posted By: MintBerryCrunch
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 7:05am
Think he has only started a couple of  games

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 10:33am
Still has a lot of time, I think he will be a success at Carlise..hopefully onwards and upwards from there!

Posted By: MacMathuna
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 12:15pm

he was part of 2nd half team for carlisle today.. only lasted 10minutes as game was called off due to rain... unlucky paddy

Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 3:23pm
Seen him few times for Bohs and was never overly impressed, certainly not that he'd make it with a big club in England.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 4:59pm
He'll be back in Ireland soon enough.

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:10am
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Seen him few times for Bohs and was never overly impressed, certainly not that he'd make it with a big club in England.

thought the same, did well against us once though - got 2 when he was on form

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:26pm

He'll be back in Ireland soon enough.
he has two years left on his contract

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 3:17pm
Scored again today, think that is his 7th consecutive game he has scored in Clap

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 3:41pm
Madden has really found his feet in the 3rd tier of English football, i reckon if he keeps up this form Championship clubs will be tempted to take a punt on him.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 4:29pm
If Connor Sammon can play for Ireland...........................

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 4:30pm
Call him up Trap ffs

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 5:48pm

Scored again today, think that is his 7th consecutive game he has scored in Clap
8th, and a new club record for scoring in consecutive games for Yeovil!

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: danny10tot
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 5:59pm
18 in 25 for him now. Still only 22, plenty of time to develop! Best of luck to him.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best

Posted By: danny10tot
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 6:01pm
19 in 26 my mistake Embarrassed

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 6:48pm
Jaysus prop was some tool

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:40pm

Call him up Trap ffs

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 8:39pm
Glad to see him progressing and that type of form you would think if he keeps it up the championship clubs will come knocking in the summer

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 9:10pm

Glad to see him progressing and that type of form you would think if he keeps it up the championship clubs will come knocking in the summer
yeah, seen his name mentioned in the jan transfer window by a good few clubs. Few of these goals have been taps in or from close in but the fact he is getting into the positions and has the movement to get in them says an awful lot about how he is progressing in the right manner Thumbs Up

Seen his name mentioned in relation to a few clubs in championship in Jan so reckon if they dont go up(would say they wont but its a crazy league at minute) he'll defo be away to at least a championship team in the summer

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:57pm
To think I laughed in his face on holidays when he said he'd bag 15 goals. Absolutely delighted to see him in top form because he gets a hard time from a lot of LOI goers.

I'd say Carlisle are absolutely kicking themselves that they let him go for next to nothing. Him and Kevin Dawson can definitely make the step up

Posted By: Charlo
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 12:01am
Gary Hooper was released from Tottenham at 16......went on to carve a career out a Maldon Town & Grays Ath both non league......a few years on rises through the divisions to be playing Champions League football, England manager watching him and tipped for a move to........Tottenham in the summer!!!!! So hope for Paddy yet, goals win games and games being won keep managers in jobs........I'd say a few will be looking at Madden as potential Hooper, Ricky Lambert and Grant Holt (all done it in lower divisions but in a higher standard now).

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 9:01pm
At it again tonight. Has been on a terrible drought by his standards, 118 minutes without a goal!! 

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:36pm
Came in as top League One player and 5th overall in Four Four Two's annual top 50 football league players, fair dues to him.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:53pm
Another kick up darse for RTID

Posted By: big nail
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:13pm
better option than sammon ?

Posted By: skippy87
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 10:30pm
well done to himeClapClap. natural goalscorer

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by big nail big nail wrote:

I am..

Posted By: gwhite
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by HateHenry HateHenry wrote:

I am..
I'd have have Madden in a hot minute over that club footed gimp from The Goonies. One of the most talentless players ever to play for us.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by gwhite gwhite wrote:

I am..
I'd have have Madden in a hot minute over that club footed gimp from The Goonies. One of the most talentless players ever to play for us.

gwhite, sammon might not be mush cop but we are not into insulting our players on this forum ( just the manager and other teams players LOL)

Posted By: gwhite
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 3:11pm
You're right, sorry about that. I'd like to take this oppurtunity to apologise to Sloth from The Goonies for comparing him to Conor Sammon. Sorry Sloth.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:49pm
On the scoresheet again today, Yeovil up to 3rd and Whack and Kev Dawson back in Dublin tonight on the rip. Would love to see them go up for the 2 lads

Posted By: Godot
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:17pm
Too premature to speak of a call-up... Simon Cox was a sensation in League One but average in the Championship. 

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 1:57pm
 Get him into the next squad Please Cool We cant afford to be overlooking Goalscorers ,even if they are playing at a lower level .

In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Get him into the next squad Please Cool We cant afford to be overlooking Goalscorers ,even if they are playing at a lower level .

My mate has scored 27 goals this season. should be be selected.......great league that AUL division 3 Wink

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

My mate has scored 27 goals this season. should be be selected.......great league that AUL division 3 Wink
Sorry forgot to say, AUL Div 3 Not Good Enough Wink

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 6:51pm
Neither is League 1 in England

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 7:01pm
Can't see him leaving Yeovil regardless if they go up or not. They have shown a lot of faith in him taking him from Carlisle and he's settling well there. Will have 2 years left on his contract at the end of this season but he will definitely be on Championship club's radar after this season. Still only 22 so has plenty of time and has good people advising him

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 8:44pm

Neither is League 1 in England
Well you should include the Championship and the Premier League while your at it Wink

Posted By: big nail
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:44pm
not saying he should be picked ahead of robbie keane but there isnt much difference in standard of leagues is there ? prob harder to score in league one in my opinion .

Posted By: DG80
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:50pm
would have no problem with him being called up and playing in the friendlies at the end of this season. a bargain at £25k from carlisle

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

would have no problem with him being called up and playing in the friendlies at the end of this season. a bargain at £25k from carlisle
This !

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 12:08pm
Can we compare this to Simon Cox?

He was banging them in for Swindon in League One, then West Brom bought him, and he initially did well there. 

Perhaps a Premier League club might take a chance on him?

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 12:31pm
On the Sporting Life paper roundup ... could be heading back to join up with PatF

Yeovil striker Paddy Madden, who has hit 22 goals for the League One side this side, is a target for Bristol City and Hibernian.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 12:58am
Named in league 1 team of the year along with Alan Judge Clap

Expect both to be playing in the championship next season Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 1:07am
Madden is a goalscorer and a scorer of goalsWink   like tha?
Cox is neither of the above, Trap out; someone in , and get 100 Irish players on trials during the summer in the Phoenix park for a week and sort a squad .Tongue

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

On the Sporting Life paper roundup ... could be heading back to join up with PatF

Yeovil striker Paddy Madden, who has hit 22 goals for the League One side this side, is a target for Bristol City and Hibernian.

If he signs for Hibs then I expect to see him as a Celtic player 12 months later :-)

Ipswich for me!

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 9:18pm
could definitely see him going to Hibs given Eoin Doyle is leaving for Chesterfield. dont think it would be a bad move but would prefer him somewhere in the championship. great season for him at yeovil glad things are starting to work out since leaving bohs

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

could definitely see him going to Hibs given Eoin Doyle is leaving for Chesterfield. dont think it would be a bad move but would prefer him somewhere in the championship. great season for him at yeovil glad things are starting to work out since leaving bohs

Hibs would struggle to get him when you consider what you are applying eh? To buy him out of a contract with two years to run, top up his current wage - when they can't compete with Chesterfield in matching or bettering Doyle's wage.

Remember Yeovil hold the aces and don't have to sell - if he was to stay and repeat the feat, by god his market value increases and they can cash in next Jan or next summer.

There's a Gary Hooper written all over this one - a Championship move and then possibly a bigger move if he cuts there!

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 4:32pm
Yeovil into the play off final.

Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 5:31pm
he had the assist for their second goal today

Date Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:21pm
Over the moon for the two lads, very proud of them. Been a good weekend for my buddies, Robbie Brady getting promoted and the 2 boys now at Wembley. All of Coolock will be in Wembley by the sounds of it

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:56am
Good luck to Paddy and also Kevin Dawson today in the League 1 playoff final. Would love to see both lads go up.

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 11:11am
Hope they can pull this off today Clap

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 11:49am
Gwan Jedward!

Posted By: Snagtree
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 1:07pm
come on yeovil! 3 irish players starting

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 1:37pm
What a goal Paddy Madden

Posted By: irish_stokey
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 1:38pm
Brilliant finish

COYBIG

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 1:40pm
great goal outside of the foot

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 2:24pm
Cracker!

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 2:52pm
Trap is at this match

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:43pm
is he lost?

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:44pm
Over the moon for Paddy and Kev. Unbelievable feeling watching your mates make history for their club. Gwan The Glovers!!

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:46pm
very happy for him, hopefully he can kick on and keep scoring goals in the championship!

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:53pm
Always like Madden as a player when at Bohs, delighted to see him do well

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:58pm
Lovely goal, well done to him and Yeovil

Posted By: DG80
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 5:50pm
fair play to him. hope he gets called up to the senior squad. 22 league goals this seasonClap

Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 12:32am

Over the moon for Paddy and Kev. Unbelievable feeling watching your mates make history for their club. Gwan The Glovers!!

Football friend!

Ah no delighted for them.
Madden has had a great season, goal today topped
It off.
He probably would have got a move anyway.
Great for Yeovil as a club too. Always nice for those smaller clubs to get a craic

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 2:58pm
3 irish lads in the Championship is no bad thing.  Hopefully if they get playing regularly they could be looked at.  You have to remember Kinsella and Whelan didn't make the premier League until their mid 20's and didn't do so badly did they? 

Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 9:44pm
Dunno how this lad has done so well in england because he was pony for bohs!!! Fair play to him and hopefully he keeps progressing

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:11pm
That finish was superb. He deserves to be looked at

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:41pm

by who?

tbh the quality on show was very much league 1 standard. Even Paddy, apart from the finish looked ok but not great.

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:43pm

by who?

tbh the quality on show was very much league 1 standard. Even Paddy, apart from the finish looked ok but not great.
By us. Simon cox has 20 odd caps and he is very much of league one standard

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:46pm

by who?

I can't profess to say I watched this lad all season but I would wait and see how he performs next season in the championship before calling him up. Our first competitive game next year will be in September...we'll know more about this lad by then.

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:49pm

by who?

I can't profess to say I watched this lad all season but I would wait and see how he performs next season in the championship before calling him up. Our first competitive game next year will be in September...we'll know more about this lad by then.
That is what friendlies against Georgia and trips to America are far.

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 11:36pm

Madden is a goalscorer and a scorer of goalsWink   like tha?
Cox is neither of the above, Trap out; someone in , and get 100 Irish players on trials during the summer in the Phoenix park for a week and sort a squad .Tongue
Holy Repost..!Get him in the squad....and get Cox te fook.

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 11:48pm
Caleb Folan, Cillian Sheridan and Conor Sammon have been given chances and have never managed as a good a season as Madden has just had. I'd like to see him given a run out in the summer friendlies.

I don't know why B Internationals aren't a more frequent occurrence but I know that's been discussed already

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Caleb Folan, Cillian Sheridan and Conor Sammon have been given chances and have never managed as a good a season as Madden has just had. I'd like to see him given a run out in the summer friendlies.
Exactly. That is what these friendlies are for.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 5:01am
Being linked with Palace. Nothing solid from what I can see.....Palace are being linked with everyone but have signed no one!

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 8:50am
Was talking about him last night with housemate, If he has a decent run in the Championship maybe he might get a call up

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 12:08pm
Championship is a big step up for him(and Yeovil),he'll need to add more to his game than just lots of running and hard work to score goals in that division.plus Yeovil have added 3 strikers to there squad from last year so he'll be up against it to get a consistent run in the team.

Fully expect millwall to beat Yeovil in there opener this weekend....yeovils per season form has been awful.

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 12:16pm
Good follow on the aul Twitter.