URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=20850
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 6:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Neale Fenn: two faced lying scumbag
Posted By: Shoco
Subject: Neale Fenn: two faced lying scumbag
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:05am
29 JULY 2010: FENN BIDS FAREWELL TO LEAGUE

Neale Fenn has announced his retirement from football with immediate effect due to personal reasons. The 33-year-old has played a leading role in Dundalk’s success this season as he has missed just one of the club’s 30 competitive games. The London-born striker began his professional career at Tottenham Hotspur before going on to play with Leyton Orient, Norwich City, Swindon Town, Lincoln City, Peterborough United, Waterford United, Cork City, where he won his first league medal in 2005, and Bohemians, where he won the League & Cup double in 2008 before adding a third league title and a League Cup a year later.

Calling time
Fenn, who started out at Edmonton Rovers and Ridgeway Rovers, made his full debut in the senior game against Manchester United at Old Trafford in an FA Cup tie in 1997, and he has chosen to end his time in the game after rescuing a draw for Dundalk with a 95th-minute header in his last appearance for the Lilywhites against Galway United at Terryland Park last Sunday evening. “I wouldn’t say it is something I decided on too long ago,” the former Republic of Ireland U21 international told dundalkfc.com in an exclusive interview. “I’d say over the last three to four weeks my family and I decided that now was the time to call it a day.”

Coaching focus
Fenn began his coaching career recently with his ‘Just 4 Strikers’ school and he also expressed his wish to focus more on that. “I’ve been doing a little bit of that as well and that’s what I want to do now, I want to concentrate on that,” he said. “I coach kids at the moment but I’ll do my A-Licence next year and still be around football. I like coaching. I’d say if I look into it, maybe management might be an option down the line, but just at the moment, just the business and coaching kids is my focus.” The skilful forward, renowned for his exquisite first touch, admitted that he has enjoyed his last season in football and that he expects to miss the game once his decision sinks in. “I’ve enjoyed it, it has been really good here,” he said. “It’s nothing to do with the club why I’m retiring. They have been great to me, the manager, ‘Hats’, all the players have been brilliant and everybody in the office. It’s just at a point where I just couldn’t go on anymore. I want to concentrate on the coaching but it has been brilliant up here.

No U-turn
“At the moment, I don’t feel as if I’m going to miss the game,” Neale, who moved to Ireland when signing for Waterford from Peterborough during the 2003 campaign, added. “But obviously in a month’s time I think I’ll say I really miss it and I’ll be itching to get back in. But I’ll have the coaching and I’ll still be playing a little bit of football, so that will keep me going.” And he insists, despite being just 33, that there will be no U-turn. “No,” he said. “I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks. At the moment, I can’t see myself coming back at all.” And finally, the 5ft9 striker picked out his overall career highlight and his best memory from his time in Ireland. “I think probably playing at White Hart Lane is the highlight,” he said. “I supported Spurs when I was a young lad and I always wanted to play there and I managed to do it, so I’d have to say that. In Ireland, it’s probably winning the league with Cork. We probably weren’t the favourites to win it but we had a good season and a good squad and manager.” And he reserved his final most memorable moment for his time with Dundalk. “My favourite goal was probably my one this year against Rovers,” he concluded. “It wasn’t a great goal but it was just good to score on TV at their ground and we went on a good run then.”

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Replies:
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:06am
29 JULY 2010: FOZZY AND FAZ PRAISE FENN

Dundalk manager Ian Foster has praised Neale Fenn for his contribution to the club this season and has wished him all the best in the future, while strike partner Fahrudin Kuduzovic also echoed those comments. Fenn has missed just one of Dundalk’s 30 competitive games this season, scoring five times in 27 starts, but the three-time league winner has decided to call it a day for personal reasons.

‘Great attitude’
“I understand Neale’s decision,” Foster told dundalkfc.com. “He has been brilliant for me. He has been a breath of fresh air coming into the football club. He has got a great attitude and you can see why he has worked at the levels that he has in his career, and I have got nothing but admiration for Neale. He came to me a couple of weeks ago and said that he was thinking of retiring, and I totally understood where he was coming from. I’m pleased that he did in the transfer window, which gave me the opportunity to replace him, but that’s the kind of lad that he is. He has been first class for me, and it is fitting that his last touch in professional football was a goal, and obviously I wish him all the best in the future.

Apt replacements

“It was surprising when he told me but, as I said, I totally understood his reasons,” Ian added. “We move on and we move forward. Neale will come down to the UCD game and we’ll get him onto the pitch at half-time. I think he deserves that, and, like I say, I hope he does really well in anything that he tries to do in the future. Neale has been fantastic for us, but we’ve managed to bring in Steven Lennon and Matthew Tipton, so we have got very apt replacements for Neale. They’re decent strikers with great qualities, the pair of them, so I don’t think we’ll be weakened up front. Neale has been great, but it’s an opportunity now for Steven and Matthew to come in and show what they’re about.”

Faz disappointment
Meanwhile, Kuduzovic has expressed his shock at Fenn’s departure. “Personally, I’ve really enjoyed working and playing with him,” Faz said. “He has set up a few of my goals. I have loved playing with him, because very rarely I think you get a player anywhere that can see things the way he sees things and put a pass in exactly the right place. I’m obviously going to miss playing with him on the field, and off the field as well he was a good character to have around. I think he will be missed, but it gives Steven and Matthew an opportunity to show everybody what they are all about. We’ll all miss him and all the players want to wish him all the best in the future.”

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:55pm
sad to see was a player i always enjoyed watching clever loved tucking behind the striker,best o luck whatever hes gonna do next

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:16pm
Strange that he didnt wait till the end of the season though Confused

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:18pm
Why couldn't he retire last week

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:29pm
Top player, best of luck to him.

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 7:32pm
Best of luck to the lad Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 8:09pm
Best of luck to him, as tribal said why couldnt he retire before last sunday!Unhappy

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 2:22am
Great player and a gentle man

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 5:44am
Sad to see alright, when Twigg and Baker were injured start of the season I wondered why Rovers hadn't signed  him in the off-season when he'd no club.  Top class player, hope he enjoys his retirement from playing.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 11:31am

Fine player and a loss to the league. More understandable now why Bohs didnt consider offering him a new contract for this season.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 11:37am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Sad to see alright, when Twigg and Baker were injured start of the season I wondered why Rovers hadn't signed  him in the off-season when he'd no club.  Top class player, hope he enjoys his retirement from playing.

Rovers could sign him yetWink

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 1:59pm
Looks like Rovers have/will offer him a contract which he may consider!!!

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Where you hearing this?

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by OldBawnHoop OldBawnHoop wrote:

Where you hearing this?

Don't worry it's solid info Tongue

You have PM

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:08pm
as a player?

is that even legal? whats to stop any player retiring then moving to another club so transfer fee wouldn't be involved

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

as a player?

is that even legal? whats to stop any player retiring then moving to another club so transfer fee would be involved

Don't know Shoco but will be interesting to see what happens here

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:09pm
Would there not be some sort of legal repercussions if that happened?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:10pm

as a player?

is that even legal? whats to stop any player retiring then moving to another club so transfer fee would be involved

Don't know Shoco but will be interesting to see what happens here

what exactly have you heard? is it def as a player or a coaching role?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:13pm
Player...Rovers doing nothing wrong
When a fella says he is retiring you have to take him at his word

Posted By: Gouldinho09
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Its Shamrock Rovers, so no.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

How could there be?
The player is free agent and if he decides to join Rovers it's his choice

Posted By: Ginzo
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:28pm
very bad form by fenn if that happens

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:29pm

How could there be?

There'd be war. People would think the worst and believe it was a conspiracy in order to sign him up.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:30pm

How could there be?

he shouldnt be allowed to join another club until the expirey date of his original contract

like i say, whats to stop torres retiring tomorrow and then signing for chelsea with no transfer fee been played

fenn shouldnt be allowed to play again this season

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:34pm

How could there be?

There'd be war. People would think the worst and believe it was a conspiracy in order to sign him up.

i agree, if its true whats to say rovers didnt offer him a contract so he needed a way out of dundalk, cant imagine dundalk would release him so he retired instead

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:35pm

How could there be?

he shouldnt be allowed to join another club until the expirey date of his original contract

like i say, whats to stop torres retiring tomorrow and then signing for chelsea with no transfer fee been played

fenn shouldnt be allowed to play again this season

That would be the right thing to do but the contract is null and void now

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:39pm
i dunno, if true i cant see dundalk been very happy, im sure they will have a case against him

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:42pm
Maybe they could

But, Fenn did retire for financial reasons. If he joined Rovers they would ease

It's a fukin strange one alright

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:45pm

Maybe they could

But, Fenn did retire for financial reasons. If he joined Rovers they would ease

It's a fukin strange one alright

where did u hear that from? first i heard of it

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:48pm
He retired so he could apply for some sporting tax rebate

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:50pm
would he not then lose that if he signed a new contract?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:52pm
If these rumours are true and it is allowed then it will change football. Anybody could just "retire", come out of retirement and join Man City   

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:53pm

Yes...so there must be a financial benefit from Rovers

What was he on with Dundalk?

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:53pm

If these rumours are true and it is allowed then it will change football. Anybody could just "retire", come out of retirement and join Man City   

aye thats what i was saying, one way of saving on transfer fees!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:54pm

Yes...so there must be a financial benefit from Rovers

What was he on with Dundalk?

no idea dude, but would imagine he was on of the higher earners

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:54pm
"The Fenn Ruling"  Thumbs%20Up

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:55pm
If he retired and claimed his sporting tax back, he isnt allowed to sign professional or semi professional forms at any other club unless he pays back the tax figure. He is however, allowed sign as an amateur and possibly be paid under the table

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:56pm
He hasn't claimed anything yet though

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:57pm
where did you hear all this from anyway?

-------------

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:58pm

He hasn't claimed anything yet though

I know yea, Im just saying if he were to claim it he would have to sign as an amateur. If he signs pro forms, he has to wait to retire to get any tax back.

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 3:04pm

where did you hear all this from anyway?

PM

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 4:38am
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/hoops-swoop-in-attempt-to-lure-fenn-out-of-retirement-2281018.html - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 81018.html

SHAMROCK ROVERS are in discussions to sign Neale Fenn just three days after he announced his retirement from football and parted company with Dundalk.

Hoops boss Michael O'Neill was coy about the issue yesterday, but refuted suggestions that his club would be behaving improperly if they signed the veteran striker.

Dundalk released Fenn in good faith, with the 33-year-old citing "personal reasons" before his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

Speaking in a press release from the border club last Thursday, Fenn said: "It's just at a point where I couldn't go on anymore. I want to concentrate on the coaching, but it's been brilliant up here.

"I think once you finish, you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks. At the moment, I can't see myself coming back at all."

However, his availability alerted a number of other clubs who have made enquiries, with Rovers in the running. O'Neill chose his words carefully, claimed that any issue is strictly between Fenn and Dundalk.

"I am interested in signing a striker, there is no secret about that," he said. "And that's probably all I'm going to say at the moment.

"If that person is Fenn, and Neale Fenn is a free agent, then it has nothing to do with us. He is a free agent and that's the bottom line. If the player is a free agent, then he is eligible to sign for us by our understanding of the rules. I don't think we are exploiting anybody.

"That's between the player and his previous club. The morality does not exist on our part. But we have not committed to doing any business with the player."

Rovers believe they can go ahead and sign the player, although there have been difficulties in the past with respect to registering a player outside the transfer window who had parted company with another club before it closed.

Dundalk signed Keith Dunne as a free agent in February of 2006, after he'd terminated his contract with St Patrick's Athletic, but couldn't play him until July

-------------

Posted By: MrFantastico
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:58am

[/QUOTE]Just saw Fenn up at the ground which means one of two things he is signing for us or he is collecting his tickets for Juventus.[/QUOTE]

someone just posted the on rovers forum

-------------
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 6:33am
Shocking form on fenns part if true. Really poor form doing that to Dundalk

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Shocking form on fenns part if true. Really poor form doing that to Dundalk
also someone said "i wonder were graham barrets is this bank holiday monday",maybe he was taking the piss but you dont know

-------------
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH

Posted By: Donal Cullen
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 8:10am
I don't think Fenn would go all the way to retirement just to sign for Rovers. I think he retired and then Rovers came in with some kind of fantastic offer which may have got him thinking twice. I do think he retired but when an offer comes in that is really tempting you'd be a fool not to listen to it. It's not really bad form on either party's behalf but I could see this sort of thing happening in the EPL when agents get hold of it. However, as a man of principle, Fenn should retire.

-------------
There are friendlier places to drink.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:52pm
looks like he has signed and all

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by MrFantastico MrFantastico wrote:

shocking if true..

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 6:25pm

shocking if true..
yeah id be pissed off if i was a dundalk fan...i dont really like fenn but as person but if he plays well i wont give a f**k

-------------

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 11:16pm

Too right you'd be pissed off being a Dundalk fan. Very strange. Dundalk fans deserve an explanation at the very least...

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:07am
what ever happened to graham barrett?

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 6:57am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

what ever happened to graham barrett?

He is muck and hopefully never gets near the 1st team............. Evan as a Rovers fan I have to say this is poor form all around

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 7:17am
Zizu who gives a f**k its our gain.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 8:06am

How is it poor from from Rovers?  He retired, fact.........he was a free agent, fact.........he now needs some souce of income, fact...........Rovers spotted his availability, fact.............offered him that source of income (as it seems they have), (probable fact).........do you think Mrs Fenn is worried?

Neale coulda probably handled it better, but football is full of stuff like that going on, get off yizzer high horses lads, Jaysus.

Barrett's utter sh*te by the way, Fenn on one leg is better.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 8:43am
If Neale Fenn does go ahead and sign for Rovers then instead of having Fenn on the back of his shirt he should have the word C U N T above his number.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 9:05am
I'll remind you all what he said, just three short days ago.
Quote And he insists, despite being just 33, that there will be no U-turn. “No,” he said. “I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks. At the moment, I can’t see myself coming back at all.”

Quickest retirement U-turn, I've ever seen.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 9:26am

How is it poor from from Rovers?  He retired, fact.........he was a free agent, fact.........he now needs some souce of income, fact...........Rovers spotted his availability, fact.............offered him that source of income (as it seems they have), (probable fact).........do you think Mrs Fenn is worried?

Neale coulda probably handled it better, but football is full of stuff like that going on, get off yizzer high horses lads, Jaysus.

absolute bullsh1t FW.

you tellin me if Twigg announced his retirement today and then signed for Bohs tomorrow u wouldn't be disgusted at both Twigg and Bohs? I would be FLABBERGASTED if rovers hadn't agreed on the sly with Fenn about taking him on if he retired from Dundalk first. If his reason for retiring is a financial one (which I still dont understand) then surely he wouldn't have retired leaving him with no job whatsoever.

It looks like there was some under the table deal done with rovers before he retired from Dundalk and if thats the case then Rovers are not the innocent little party u are making them out to be

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 9:31am

absolute bullsh1t FW.

you tellin me if Twigg announced his retirement today and then signed for Bohs tomorrow u wouldn't be disgusted at both Twigg and Bohs? I would be FLABBERGASTED if rovers hadn't agreed on the sly with Fenn about taking him on if he retired from Dundalk first. If his reason for retiring is a financial one (which I still dont understand) then surely he wouldn't have retired leaving him with no job whatsoever.

It looks like there was some under the table deal done with rovers before he retired from Dundalk and if thats the case then Rovers are not the innocent little party u are making them out to be

Says he regarding one of the sneakiest clubs for poaching players in the past, Jaysus Gaz............as I say, will yiz get off yizzer high horses. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 9:34am
Rovers have done absolutely nothing wrong here

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 9:59am

if twigg had done this and gone to bohs ur attitiude would be different

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:00am

absolute bullsh1t FW.

Says he regarding one of the sneakiest clubs for poaching players in the past, Jaysus Gaz............as I say, will yiz get off yizzer high horses. LOL

This has nothing to do with Shels - and that was all in Ollie Byrne's time anyway

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:01am

Annoyed, yes
Not my fault that the lure of the biggest club, the model club, was just too much for Fenn

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:04am

Annoyed, yes
Not my fault that the lure of the biggest club, the model club, was just too much for Fenn

sorry i just got sick in my mouth a little there

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:07am
Why?

Congrats on the Leinster Senior Cup by the way...was always going to be tough to dethrone Wayside Celtic as the champions..so well done

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:13am

Why?

Congrats on the Leinster Senior Cup by the way...was always going to be tough to dethrone Wayside Celtic as the champions..so well done

Model clubLOL

Free stadium off the council - without that you lot would be fooked

and thanks for the congrats. approx 800-900 shels fans in Bray yesterday. Fantastic day out. Great atmosphere. Great game and a trophy to bring back to tolka. More than you shower will win this seasonThumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:17am

Why? Congrats on the Leinster Senior Cup by the way...was always going to be tough to dethrone Wayside Celtic as the champions..so well done

Model clubLOL

and thanks for the congrats. approx 800-900 shels fans in Bray yesterday. Fantastic day out. Great atmosphere. Great game and a trophy to bring back to tolka. More than you shower will win this seasonThumbs%20Up

800 is good going. We sold over 800 for Italy away so very good stuff to bring 800 a few miles down the road!

Played Wayside a few times...good side. Thought they would have won it this year again so really well done to Shels for knocking them off their fukin perch

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:20am
How the mighty have fallen, Shels knocking Wayside off their perch, Jaysus wept lads.......LOL.

If Twigg had done what Fenn has, yes I'd be angry, but a resigned shrug of the shoulders would suffice, that's the way the cookie crumbles nowadays in the L of I, tough titty, get over yourselves folks.  Rovers have done nothing wrong, Gerk spot on.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:23am
Lads, has he signed on the dotted yet?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:23am

Why? Congrats on the Leinster Senior Cup by the way...was always going to be tough to dethrone Wayside Celtic as the champions..so well done

Model clubLOL

800 is good going. We sold over 800 for Italy away so very good stuff to bring 800 a few miles down the road!

Played Wayside a few times...good side. Thought they would have won it this year again so really well done to Shels for knocking them off their fukin perch

Nice way of changing the subject GerConfused

and we didn't beat Wayside to win the cup we beat you shower in tallaght and franchise to get to the final, with half a team of reserves in both gamesClap

as i am sure you are aware this was the 1st season in years that LOI teams competed in the Leinster Senior Cup so whoever won it last year is irrelevant

but back to topic - Fenn is a ***t and rovers aint much better

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:25am

Ah fair's fair Gaz, yiz beat us with Graham Barrett in the team as well that night, pretty much sums it up how "strong" we were that night, but a Cup is a Cup at the end of the day, I'm only teasing and it's always a good excuse for a few jars.  Well done to yiz.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:29am

Ah fair's fair Gaz, yiz beat us with Graham Barrett in the team as well that night, pretty much sums it up how "strong" we were that night, but a Cup is a Cup at the end of the day, I'm only teasing and it's always a good excuse for a few jars.  Well done to yiz.

yeah he played up front with Twigg IIRC - your star playerWink

so it wasn't a complete team of eejits you had out. and the 'massive squad' you lot boast about should have been far to strong for our division 1 rejectsBig%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:29am

Model clubLOL

800 is good going. We sold over 800 for Italy away so very good stuff to bring 800 a few miles down the road! Played Wayside a few times...good side. Thought they would have won it this year again so really well done to Shels for knocking them off their fukin perch

Nice way of changing the subject GerConfused

and we didn't beat Wayside to win the cup we beat you shower in tallaght and franchise to get to the final, with half a team of reserves in both gamesClap

as i am sure you are aware this was the 1st season in years that LOI teams competed in the Leinster Senior Cup so whoever won it last year is irrelevant

but back to topic - Fenn is a ***t and rovers aint much better

Yes, but Wayside were the current holders of that cup.
Speaking of that match in Tallaght. Was an enjoyable night mainly cause a young Shels kid took a good throw in

That aside, it was good to see Craig Rothery play for Rovers, hopefully he will be back with the mighty Firhouse Clover at the end of September when the Under 20 season finishes.
Thought the Rovers U20 side did well that night too. It's a good competition for them to play in

Back on topic...Fenn had financial problems, retired to claim tax back. Rovers made him an offer he couldn't refuse

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:48am
Fenn is a ***t and rovers are no better if he signs for you lot. I'll leave it at that cause this quoting each other and going off topic is horrible for others to read

-------------

Posted By: DTID
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:49am
You can have him. Can't see how he would improve Rovers, waste of money IMO

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:50am

so it wasn't a complete team of eejits you had out. and the 'massive squad' you lot boast about should have been far to strong for our division 1 rejects" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile">

Twigg was coming back from injury.
The U20s are allowed play three senior players.
O'Connor, Twiig and Barrett were the three that night.
The rest were the U20 team

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:55am

so it wasn't a complete team of eejits you had out. and the 'massive squad' you lot boast about should have been far to strong for our division 1 rejects" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile">

Twigg was coming back from injury.
The U20s are allowed play three senior players.
O'Connor, Twiig and Barrett were the three that night.
The rest were the U20 team

as posted above I have made my last comment on the Leinster Senior Cup. Completely off topic and a stupid argument in any case

Shelbourne are officially the best team in LeinsterClap

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 10:58am

Twigg was coming back from injury. The U20s are allowed play three senior players. O'Connor, Twiig and Barrett were the three that night. The rest were the U20 team

as posted above I have made my last comment on the Leinster Senior Cup. Completely off topic and a stupid argument in any case

Shelbourne are officially the best team in LeinsterClap

Right I;m off,,have to organise a few things for Italy

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 12:09pm
fenn you absolute ****, i sincerely hope you break both your legs and never walk again

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 12:17pm
"It’s just at a point where I just couldn’t go on anymore"

“At the moment, I don’t feel as if I’m going to miss the game,”

“I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks. At the moment, I can’t see myself coming back at all.” 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 12:19pm
Dundalk should go to UEFA over this. The FAI will only aide the so called model club.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 12:23pm

Shamrock Rovers boss, Michael O’Neill has further strengthened his squad for final stages of the 2010 season, by capturing the signature of striker, Neale Fenn.

Fenn today put pen to paper on a deal that will see him join the Hoops for the rest of the season. O’Neill said he is delighted to have a player of Fenn’s experience and ability available to him for the rest of the season. “I am delighted to have Neale on board. He is a very good player who has proven himself in this league, and won titles.” Fenn has previously played in the Premier Division with Cork City, Bohemians and Dundalk.

Big%20smile

Posted By: The Rovers
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 12:28pm
Shrewd bit of business by O Neill. Need to strenghten the forward line a little and Fenn is a quality player with plenty of experience. Clap

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 12:37pm

"It’s just at a point where I just couldn’t go on anymore"

“At the moment, I don’t feel as if I’m going to miss the game,”

“I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks. At the moment, I can’t see myself coming back at all.” 

Sure that could be any Dundalk player saying that, or anyone that lives in Dundalk for that matter.LOL

Ah no, dont see how Rovers are to blame but poor form from Fenn!!

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 12:58pm
Fenn is a c.unt of the highest order

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:08pm

what a LEGEND

Posted By: Billy O'Toole
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:35pm

pure dirt

Rovers should be docked points and Fenn should be banned for rest of season

Did Dundalk screw him over at all though?

-------------
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Billy O'Toole Billy O'Toole wrote:

pure dirt

i dont see why rovers should be docked points,if you retired from your job for financial reasons and another company came in 3 days later with an offer you couldnt refuse would you say no ? dont think so

anyway welcome aboard neale (even though i always thought you were a ****)

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by Billy O'Toole Billy O'Toole wrote:

pure dirt

i dont see why rovers should be docked points,if you retired from your job for financial reasons and another company came in 3 days later with an offer you couldnt refuse would you say no ? dont think so

anyway welcome aboard neale (even though i always thought you were a ****)

I hear what you're saying but there has to be some sort of investigation? Surely? Shirley?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 3:12pm
Fenn was released from his Dundalk contract on false premises. It would be hard to catch Rovers for tapping him up but Dundalk should use legal proceedings to prevent Fenn from playing until his contract was suppose to run out or make either Rovers or Fenn himself to buy out what was left in the contract. Fair play to Fenn, its all about gettin paid but Dundalk have to show they wont be pissed on.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 3:16pm
best of luck to neil fenn in the future

Posted By: sledgehammer
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 3:39pm

That is absolutly shocking from Rovers and Fenn. First Turner now Fenn Rovers should really have a look at their transfer policy. The FAI should also step in and investigate the transfer. Another damaging story for the league

-------------
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing

Posted By: Bohs
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 3:52pm
Graham Barrett was only ever signed for Rovers to see what he could do in his role as an agent anyway.  When Barrett tapped up Brian Shelley towards the end of last season and was told in no uncertain terms to f**k off, O'Neill was never going to have much more use for Barrett.

Always get the odd genius in a thread like this, talk Torres retiring and signing for Chelsea. LOL  If a highly paid player at a top club decided to "retire" tomorrow at his peak and at full fitness, the club would be in a position to take legal action against the player to the value of the remainder of his contract.  It's the LOI lads, and Dundalk are in no position to be taking action against anyone, especially when they probably wanted him off the wage bill anyway and were well aware of what was about to happen.  Or at the very least they didn't know for sure and didn't want to know.

-------------
INVINCIBLE

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Bohs Bohs wrote:

Graham Barrett was only ever signed for Rovers to see what he could do in his role as an agent anyway.  When Barrett tapped up Brian Shelley towards the end of last season and was told in no uncertain terms to f**k off, O'Neill was never going to have much more use for Barrett.

Always get the odd genius in a thread like this, talk Torres retiring and signing for Chelsea. LOL  If a highly paid player at a top club decided to "retire" tomorrow at his peak and at full fitness, the club would be in a position to take legal action against the player to the value of the remainder of his contract.  It's the LOI lads, and Dundalk are in no position to be taking action against anyone, especially when they probably wanted him off the wage bill anyway and were well aware of what was about to happen.  Or at the very least they didn't know for sure and didn't want to know.

and your basing that on....

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

That is absolutly shocking from Rovers and Fenn. First Turner now Fenn Rovers should really have a look at their transfer policy. The FAI should also step in and investigate the transfer. Another damaging story for the league

How the fuk is it shocking from Rovers???
They signed a player who was a free agent.
Shrewd bit of business

Fenn is the only bad guy here

Posted By: Bohs
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:28pm
We'll wait and see...

-------------
INVINCIBLE

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:29pm

He is dead right. Dundalk agreed to terminate his contract

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:35pm
The truth is probably  somewhere in the middle of all this, its only a matter off time before  RVS get their hands burned employing these tatics but  amateur hour in Dundalk at  the same time ,simple way out would be to terminate his contract but hold on to his league registration .

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:36pm

He is dead right. Dundalk agreed to terminate his contract

no ger its a stupid comment, if we wanted him off the wage bill and if we knew he was going to go to rovers then why the big "retirement" story? just mutually agree to terminate his contract and it saves all this hassle and he keeps his reputation

-------------

Posted By: hamburg st,paul
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

The truth is probably  somewhere in the middle of all this, its only a matter off time before  RVS get their hands burned employing these tatics but  amateur hour in Dundalk at  the same time ,simple way out would be to terminate his contract but hold on to his league registration .
Thought that was the norm that when someone retires registration is held by his last club ?

-------------
Blatter we will never forget !

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net