Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=20800
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 9:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rob Kiernan
Posted By: Propagandhi
Subject: Rob Kiernan
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 9:24am
Republic of Ireland U-19 captain Rob Kiernan has signed for Yeovil Town on loan. He was linked with Man City, Spurs and Arsenal earlier this year.

-------------
"England did nothing in the World Cup, so why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like sh*t, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't." - Joey Barton

Replies:
Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 9:35am
Who he sign on loan from?

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 9:42am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Who he sign on loan from?

The Hornets.......came through the academy...seen him a few times and he lokks a good prospect

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~2104435,00.html - http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~2104435,00.html

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Propagandhi®
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 12:34pm

Decision day looms on loan duo Sullivan and Kiernan

YEOVIL Town will make a decision on the future of loan duo John Sullivan and Rob Kiernan by the weekend.
Millwall keeper Sullivan and Watford defender Kiernan are coming to the end of their month’s spell at Huish Park.
Glovers’ manager Terry Skiverton said he was discussing with chief executive Martyn Starnes whether to extend their deals, and added there was still scope to add another player to his squad.
Sullivan has started all three of Yeovil’s matches so far this season, while Kiernan has made substitute appearances in both of the Glovers’ npower League One games.
Skiverton said: “We are in a good position at the moment and we still have a little bit left over for one more so we will wait and see what happens with that.
“Hopefully this week we will be sorting out the futures of the two boys on loan. I am discussing it with Martyn and by the weekend we will have a decision.”

-------------
"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Posted By: Propagandhi®
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 7:12am
Kiernan has extended his loan at Yeovil until January of next year.

-------------
"I Shall Not Be Provoked." Propagandhi, 2010

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 7:11pm
Started for wigan yesterday against watford in a 2-1 victory. Hopefully gets a few more games before the end of the season and might be another to look at for the summer friendlies

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: James L
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 8:04pm
Also starting tonight against QPR. 

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 10:47pm
Scored his first goal for wigan in their 2-2 draw with leicester

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 11:15pm
Lad sneaked in under the radar, haven't heard much about him. Anyway good to see a young inform Irish player doing well at a decent level. Could be one to look at if he keeps it up

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 7:46am
Former U-19 & U-21 captain.  Good to see him getting gametime at Wigan.  He's 23 now, hopefully he stays in the Wigan team

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 2:00pm
We had him on the YBIG Football Show this week:

http://www.talkingsport.org/#!ybigfootballshow/cfvg" rel="nofollow - http://www.talkingsport.org/#!ybigfootballshow/cfvg

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 2:54pm
http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2014/04/01/4718616/wigans-kiernan-keen-on-senior-ireland-call-up" rel="nofollow - http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2014/04/01/4718616/wigans-kiernan-keen-on-senior-ireland-call-up

-------------

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 3:28pm
the more the better  there are some gaps to cover up,  O'Shea, Dunne, Robbie Keane are not perennial players,  a keeper like Given is not a problem check the great Faryd MondragĂłn former Galatasaray keeper at Colombia, 42 and back to the national team. 

The outer replacements are still raw, but it is up to the managerial staff to make it work, smoothly.

Regarding this Kiernan fellow, I think he can play 1st center back  2nd center back in a back 4 defence, and also as a holding defensive midfielder as the Brazilians and Portuguese use to  call  cabeça-de-area (holding midfielder) to protect a back 4.

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 10:41am
Martin O Neill was at Wigan game last night and Keane was at Wigan match last weekend. Probably looking at McClean but Kiernan might be looked at with a view of possible call up. From what I hear has been putting in good performances. Voted man of the match by Wigan fans against Leeds and came in for praise the week before from the manager. However he needs to keep it going and as it is early days still.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 7:44pm
Starts v qpr

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 8:54pm
Looks the part so far.

Posted By: 085immersive
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 5:25pm
http://http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2014/10/27/5525861/kiernan-hails-wigan-athletics-brilliant-spirit" rel="nofollow - http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2014/10/27/5525861/kiernan-hails-wigan-athletics-brilliant-spirit

He should really be in the senior squad now instead of the likes of Stephen Kelly or a 5th goalkeeper.

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 10:45am
Moved to Birmingham. Glad for the chance to get away from Wigan, after being frozen out by MacKay.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-birmingham-city-signing-rob-8641958" rel="nofollow - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-birmingham-city-signing-rob-8641958

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 6:10pm
Cant wait to see this guy move up next season, he's impressed me when I've seen him. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 6:30pm
He plays for Rangers in the second tier of Scottish football.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

akin to Subbuteo

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 8:32pm
no GLASGOW RANGERS player will play for EIRE in my lifetime 

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 8:38pm

And? 

He'll be playing for Glasgow Rangers in the top tier of Scottish football next season, he's a competent defender, on form better then Shane Duffy was earlier in the season.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Shakeitupbrady
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 8:54pm
It will never happen Glasgow Rangers are dead. There is a tribute act play at Ibrox these day. If an Ireland manager thinks a gay black Muslim with orange horns on his head and pinks spots on his face can do a job for Ireland I will support that player

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 9:05am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

And? 

He'll be playing for Glasgow Rangers in the top tier of Scottish football next season, he's a competent defender, on form better then Shane Duffy was earlier in the season.

How are you comparing the 2?

They are playing at completely different levels of football.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 1:06pm
Speaking to a Rangers supporter in work he hasn't been impressed with Kiernan at all!! You seen much of him this season SByrne24?

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 1:51pm
If Rob Kiernan ends up playing very well in the SPL next season then for sure, then start touting him for a call up but playing well against part time opposition against the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton is hardly a good barometer. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 3:19pm
This will be the first chance a lot of YBIG members (ROI supporters supposedly) get to watch Rob Kieran play for Rangers. Watch this guy, he has as much potential as Shane Duffy for Ireland as I've said before, I'm looking forward to seeing him match v Leigh Griffiths. Himself and Wilson have built a great partnership together and next season Kieran could make a real push competing for the SPL title, and place on our squad.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Bradyesque
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 3:32pm
How does this fella qualify for Ireland? As in, what part of his family is Irish ?

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Bradyesque Bradyesque wrote:

How does this fella qualify for Ireland? As in, what part of his family is Irish ?

He's English born, played at Watfords youth academy and then Wigan/Birmingham were he began to make an impression he's captained Ireland at u19/u21. A lot of Irish supporters would prefer we don't have a Glasgow Rangers international one day, I'm quite the opposite (As a celtic fan) its a sign of the times. I really hope Rob pushes on next season and makes an impression on the SPL.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:29am
Today is the first opportunity a majority of Ireland fans will have the opportunity to watch Rob Kieran for Glasgow Rangers, hopefully he shines against Leigh Griffiths its a huge opportunity for him to demonstrate his ability its the first time he'll of had to mark any kind of decent striker since leaving Birmingham. Good Luck Rob Thumbs Up

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:41am
Hope he has a f**king nightmare.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:43am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Hope he has a f**king nightmare.

Absolutely shocking comment, captained our u21s and played for all the other age groups. Great potential, strong and covers the ground quickly we should be hoping our young players develop, regardless of who they play for they're earning a living. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:48am
He's 25 years of age playing in the second tier of Scottish football, he's also playing for his 12th club in 6 years.

He dirtied his bib playing for Rangers too. Nothing more than a money chasing mercenary.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:58am
With horsey said, with added swearing. When he is playing Munich, Man United, Psg, Ulster rugby, Tyrone , down or Tyson fury I will wish him the very best of luck.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:59am

He's 25 years of age playing in the second tier of Scottish football, he's also playing for his 12th club in 6 years.

He dirtied his bib playing for Rangers too. Nothing more than a money chasing mercenary.

He only started to show potential at Birmingham, until then like a lot of young players he was loaned thats were you have got that number from Rangers are his third parent club. 

If I was a 24 year old looking to kickstart my career, an ex manager (with pedigree) in Warburton wanted to take me to a project were success success would follow you'd be an absolute idiot to turn it down. Next year he'll be playing SPL (the same SPL Adam Rooney/Johnny Hayes play in and both were over 25 when they were called up infact 27/28) Kieran playing first team football in the SPL contesting Celtic season which they will is far better then having Alex Pearce, Green hopefully he now kicks on and pushes for a green jersey in the years ahead, Yes a Glasgow Rangers player playing for the Republic of Ireland Shocked 

That post has a sectarian sectarian undercurrent to it due to his club, surely we're better then that. Again Good Luck Rob Thumbs Up

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:01am
Topper, I know English isn't the first language on your home planet, but learn the meaning of sectarian before bandying it about wrongfully

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:56am

He only started to show potential at Birmingham, until then like a lot of young players he was loaned thats were you have got that number from Rangers are his third parent club. 

If I was a 24 year old looking to kickstart my career, an ex manager (with pedigree) in Warburton wanted to take me to a project were success success would follow you'd be an absolute idiot to turn it down. Next year he'll be playing SPL (the same SPL Adam Rooney/Johnny Hayes play in and both were over 25 when they were called up infact 27/28) Kieran playing first team football in the SPL contesting Celtic season which they will is far better then having Alex Pearce, Green hopefully he now kicks on and pushes for a green jersey in the years ahead, Yes a Glasgow Rangers player playing for the Republic of Ireland Shocked 

That post has a sectarian sectarian undercurrent to it due to his club, surely we're better then that. Again Good Luck Rob Thumbs Up

The club whose polices were not to sign Catholics, the club whose star guest for the recent Gascoigne gig was Johnny Adair, the same club whose fans sing about glorifying murder Rob's fellow countrymen?

He chased the money rather stay and compete at a higher level in the English championships thus making him a mercenary.

Most importantly, Ireland has probably about 15 or more players playing at a higher level than him.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 12:42pm
Who gives a flying fcuk who he plays for or what his motivations are, if the move ends up giving him a platform to display his potential and produces another decent option for our national team, that's the only pertinent consideration. All of the other childish, insular sh*te is utterly irrelevant. We're picking footballers, not cultural martyrs.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 12:50pm
O'Shea, once again displaying maturity this forum lacks. 

He has been superb today (so far), utterly brilliant. Composed on the ball, aerially sound and the ability to switch possession and shut down Griffiths, he's intercepted two passes and blocked another.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 12:54pm
I hate it when I'm right Cool

Rob Kiernan getting huge praise media wide right now! WC 2018 Rob Kiernan.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 1:53pm
Are you related to him or something?

I just don't get the massive love in you have for him when we have about 15 players playing at a higher level.

He's a player who has struggled in the championship ffs.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Andy_Eire
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 1:54pm
Lol, he has never once tweeted anything related to Ireland on his Twitter account. Probably afraid of abuse from rangers fans

Posted By: KenSRFC
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 2:43pm
Delighted for Kiernan. It is brilliant to see two players that promised so much for the under 21s in himself and Stokesy in a cup final after a few years in the doldrums

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 2:48pm
Congratulions Rob Kiernan, absolutely flawless today. Shut down the SPLs top striker proved the doubters wrong from your own country. Push on for the Green jersey next season, if Johnny Hayes can play for Ireland so can this man. Watched every game I could this season he was involved his composure on the ball is superb among other qualities.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 3:19pm
How has he proved the doubters wrong? he played well against a poor and under performing Celtic side.

He struggled in the championship, if we have to rely on the him in the green jersey then we are rightly f**ked.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 3:31pm
Griffiths was the sole striker for a team that couldn't even give him support or proper service going forward. How on earth can you even say Kiernan shut him down? And what about the build-up to Roberts miss? Do you think that's the future of Ireland central defending.

Suffering Iosa

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 4:45pm
Credit where credit's due, he done well today and I for one hope he can emerge and impress in the SPL next season to stake a claim for international honours.

The more players performing well the better it is for us. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 5:27pm
IS HE TH SAME GUY WHO PLAYED FOR WIGAN ....     If he is good enough he should get out of rangers  and then will get a call up....no  rangers player  should be calling to play for IRELAND....  HIS DECISION was correct he has to play at the highest level...and his time will come once he is out of them....good luck to him

Posted By: leesider
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 6:41pm
It's only a matter of time before a Rangers player togs out for Ireland.Why not Kiernan?If he improves the team I couldn't care less if he plays for Portadown.

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 7:20pm
Why is it only a matter of time a Rangers player plays for us? The SPL is much inferior than the championship in England at this stage ... and getting worse. I'd say as time goes by there will be less spl players playing for us than more.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

IS HE TH SAME GUY WHO PLAYED FOR WIGAN ....     If he is good enough he should get out of rangers  and then will get a call up....no  rangers player  should be calling to play for IRELAND....  HIS DECISION was correct he has to play at the highest level...and his time will come once he is out of them....good luck to him

Ill admit to playing Devil's Advocate here, but why should that be an absolute rule? Say of argument sake they return to the PL, and Scottish League Football returns to where it was just over a decade ago, and an Irish striker signs for Rangers and bangs home a load of goals, and does so too in the Champions League? A far-fetched possibility yet, but why should any Irish manager in their right mind spun such a player?

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 7:48pm
As for Irish players playing for Rangers? I'd rather they didn't, a scum club, bigoted to the core and supported by sectarian cretins - as could be heard throughout today's game.

Doubt it's going to be a problem in this instance anyhow as I doubt Kiernan is anywhere near the level required to play international football for us.

-------------

Posted By: leesider
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Why is it only a matter of time a Rangers player plays for us? The SPL is much inferior than the championship in England at this stage ... and getting worse. I'd say as time goes by there will be less spl players playing for us than more.

I agree that most players in the SPL wouldn't be good enough to play for us but if a player is one of the best in the SPL then he should be good enough to play for us.
After all, O' Neill is playing guys who are not first choice in championship sides in England.I accept we have to see how Kiernan does in the SPL next season first though.

Posted By: depechemode
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:40pm
Hopefully he will get a run of games and be an option in the future . I couldn't care who he plays for.

Interesting thread on rangers forum regarding him
Some dude even has the picture of the lansdowne riots as his picture

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/293706-kiernan-doing-the-bouncy/

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:52pm
He was in the crowd earlier going crazy, fairplay to the lad. 
He took a brave decision to move to Glasgow Rangers fully aware he plays for the Republic of Ireland and gets a tri colour beside his name, never mind the SPL this lad is playing in Europe next season for Rangers as they will win the Scottish Cup. He went off injured today also, if you go on followfollow.com theres numerous lads calling him the best CB in Scotland, human wall among other things, they don't give two fiddlers f**ks he plays for us, and I like most don't care if he's captain of Glasgow Rangers. 

He'll be our only defender in a European competition I believe LOL I've raved about this lad all year, how Rangers play makes his job a nightmare at times the expansive style of play. I don't know were on earth 15 players ahead of him comes from either, he's right behind Duffy.  If he's playing in the Europa League next season, O'Neill calls him up simple as that from my perspective he's comfortable on the ball you may of noticed Rangers play every kick out short they have all season Kiernan or Wilson usually receive it and play it out thats what we crave apparently lads who don't hoof it, he's slick with his passing and he's brave, aerially immense. 
I'm basing my opinion on hours worth of watching Glasgow Rangers this season, not one game and a few facts on wikipedia. 

I could genuinely see Kiernan,Clark and Duffy fighting it out for the centre back pairing in the future.

Rob Kiernan, Irelands own Rangers hero today Thumbs Up

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:53pm
I wasted five minutes of my life reading that.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Do you want a medal for that achievement? 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:00am

Not your post Captain. The link to the Kiernan thread on the Rangers forum.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:05am
If he should be in the Irish team because he plays in the Europa Lge then the entire Shamrock Rovers team from a few years back should of be playing as should Cillian Sheridan and any others who play for Scottish, LOI or Irish Lge teams who play in European competition? Not likely.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:07am

Not your post Captain. The link to the Kiernan thread on the Rangers forum.

I was thinking you were a slow reader for a while there chief

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:13am

If he should be in the Irish team because he plays in the Europa Lge then the entire Shamrock Rovers team from a few years back should of be playing as should Cillian Sheridan and any others who play for Scottish, LOI or Irish Lge teams who play in European competition? Not likely.

He shut down Leigh Griffiths today, give the guy some credit. If he was a Celtic player he'd be the next big thing, as bad as the scottish league is.. its higher than whats in Cyprus and Ireland. Next season Rangers will be top or second in the SPL, if Johnny Hayes is good enough with a weaker team why isn't Robbie  because he plays for Rangers? Get real, next season he'll be smashing on the door for a call up we moan about hoof ball on this forum Robbie Kiernan will not hoof that ball.

Apologies Frank LOL follow follow has much better pieces on Robbie Kiernan, that piece only shows him doing the bouncy really.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:20am
http://twitter.com/Gersfan_78/status/721666711242600448" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Gersfan_78/status/721666711242600448

Composure on the ball under pressure, last man back and the confidence. Can only be a good thing for us in the future. Great stuff Clap

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:32am
I said earlier that the spl is a fading league. Players in the championship in England have much stronger credentials to play for us than those in the spl.

You're wrong about him playing for Celtic making any difference. When stokes was playing well for them very very few people were calling for his inclusion. It's not a high level of football anymore and certainly not a level to push ones credentials for international football. The recent additions to the Irish squad from the spl won't get within asses roar of the Euro squad. Also he currently plays in a league that has part time clubs so not much different than either of the Irish leagues.

One game against possibly the worst Celtic team of a generation and you go on about him marking Leigh Griffiths like he is Dixie Dean. Griffiths can't even get close to the Scotland side.

Anyway I've no time to waste talking with bi polar wannabe JP McManus internet Walter Mitty type characters so best of luck to you.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:35am
Just a few things (really dont know why im bothering but not much else to do)
Wouldnt call his move a brave one as he effectively went for the money, a brave move is what williams and carruthers did by refusing new contracts with a premier league club to move to league one to guarantee game time or jack byrne moving to a holland instead of staying in city u21s.
Your first post about him was in february so dont know how youve raved about him all year
Theres a reason he isnt at celtic and is in scottish league 1
There will also be dundalk rovers cork and pats defenders in europe next season so he is not the only irish defender playing in europe as they wont do much worse than rangers 
"He shut down leigh griffiths" sorry but if that is the standard to get an irish call up than we should just stop
Its amazing with your full time 'job' Wink that you have managed to go to local gaa games as well as county ones, ulster rugby games, bayern ireland celtic and united games as well as oxford and being able to watch hours upon hours of rangers as well as whatever other clubs people you follow as the list is pretty big.
Dont think the scottish league is higher than cypriot league as according to the uefa coefficient which judge how the clubs get on in europe the cypriot league is 19th while the scottish league is 25th
He is also behind clark, wilson, mcshane, duffy, keogh, o shea(if he doesnt retire), Pearce so while he might make a few extended squads he wont be forcing himself into contention while he is playing in scotland 

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:37am

He shut down Leigh Griffiths today, give the guy some credit. If he was a Celtic player he'd be the next big thing, as bad as the scottish league is.. its higher than whats in Cyprus and Ireland. Next season Rangers will be top or second in the SPL, if Johnny Hayes is good enough with a weaker team why isn't Robbie  because he plays for Rangers? Get real, next season he'll be smashing on the door for a call up we moan about hoof ball on this forum Robbie Kiernan will not hoof that ball.

Apologies Frank LOL follow follow has much better pieces on Robbie Kiernan, that piece only shows him doing the bouncy really.

The thing you were going ballistic about not long ago?Some change of heart....

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:46am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

The thing you were going ballistic about not long ago?Some change of heart....

Rangers have been doing it from the 1960's, Northern Ireland fans are different.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Just a few things (really dont know why im bothering but not much else to do)
Wouldnt call his move a brave one as he effectively went for the money, a brave move is what williams and carruthers did by refusing new contracts with a premier league club to move to league one to guarantee game time or jack byrne moving to a holland instead of staying in city u21s.
Your first post about him was in february so dont know how youve raved about him all year
Theres a reason he isnt at celtic and is in scottish league 1
There will also be dundalk rovers cork and pats defenders in europe next season so he is not the only irish defender playing in europe as they wont do much worse than rangers 
"He shut down leigh griffiths" sorry but if that is the standard to get an irish call up than we should just stop
Its amazing with your full time 'job' Wink that you have managed to go to local gaa games as well as county ones, ulster rugby games, bayern ireland celtic and united games as well as oxford and being able to watch hours upon hours of rangers as well as whatever other clubs people you follow as the list is pretty big.
Dont think the scottish league is higher than cypriot league as according to the uefa coefficient which judge how the clubs get on in europe the cypriot league is 19th while the scottish league is 25th
He is also behind clark, wilson, mcshane, duffy, keogh, o shea(if he doesnt retire), Pearce so while he might make a few extended squads he wont be forcing himself into contention while he is playing in scotland 

It doesn't end, my life is brought into question again on a forum about Robbie Kiernan. Yes, I attend games of those clubs, a few times a year? LOL  I hold my hands up I only go to big games due to work. If I'm sitting in a hotel in New York or wherever believe it or not there is internet I can watch games if its on my mac if I'm home i'll go to a rugby game/gaa with my awl man I get my roster in advance I know when I'm off. If theres a big game on and I'm off and the missus has nothing planned me and a friend will call up or go for a round of golf I have that luxury as I've no kids, in the next 10 years that might all change. It's really not that extraordinary, yet its dramatised on here as if I'm Jordan Belfort mixed with Walter Mitty, which is fair enough if you think that I'll not be losing any sleep.

We'll agree to disagree on the prospects of Rob Kiernan. As for my life, would yous' ever all give over, as I've said numerous times, a number on here know me (somehow) feel free to say hello in France! 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:13am
He shut down Leigh Griffiths LOL I see he was born in England we'd better move quick if he's 'shutting down' that caliber of opponent

The Scottish Championship is worse than LOI so let's look closer to home before talking about a lad who, if he played for Hibs/ Anyone else that wasn't 'The Rangers', would not have been brought up at all here this weekend

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 8:00am
I genuinely believe that last year's Dundalk team would walk the Scottish championship. This lad isn't good enough pure and simple

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 8:18am
So you have a season ticket in parkhead just to go to a few games a year yet there is no demand for tickets for any of the games

Byrner in talking sh*te shocker here again. Entertaining I must admit

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:21am
He shutdown Griffiths

Celtic had one up top ffs.

Absolutely laughable posts.Some Rangers fans slating him too. That must be considered too when you look at the opposition of Alloa or Greenock Morton.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:24am
Rangers would dispatch Dundalk with relative ease. Warburton has built himself a fairly decent team there, and Kiernan is a big part of that. Will he ever be good enough for Ireland? Who knows, but he's an option to look out for in the future.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I genuinely believe that last year's Dundalk team would walk the Scottish championship. This lad isn't good enough pure and simple
absolutely no problem, the scottish league is absolute shiiite.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:43pm
It is bad enough the Brits have the six, ye ****s want to move Dundalk to Ayrshire

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Rangers would dispatch Dundalk with relative ease. Warburton has built himself a fairly decent team there, and Kiernan is a big part of that. Will he ever be good enough for Ireland? Who knows, but he's an option to look out for in the future.
I genuinely don't know about that. Scottish football has gone very south very fast.

Is this guy good enough? Time will tell, worth scouting and bringing into the training fold. But don't be hanging all our hopes on him yet.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:06pm
Well apart from SByrne I don't think anyone is "pinning their hopes" on Kiernan, merely pointing out that it's hardly rational to completely discount him.

As for the Dundalk/Rangers comparison, I suppose it's not really important, but looking even at Rangers goalkeeper and defence which is made up of Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson and Wallace, I think they're significantly better than what any Irish team could offer. Who knows though, it's not a testable hypothesis.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:35pm

Well apart from SByrne I don't think anyone is "pinning their hopes" on Kiernan, merely pointing out that it's hardly rational to completely discount him.

As for the Dundalk/Rangers comparison, I suppose it's not really important, but looking even at Rangers goalkeeper and defence which is made up of Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson and Wallace, I think they're significantly better than what any Irish team could offer. Who knows though, it's not a testable hypothesis.

True, but that's not really the important comparison. Barring Celtic, the games Kiernan has been having a good season in have been against teams that both Dundalk and Rangers would beat handily.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:51pm
Not forgetting the three consecutive games where he was getting slated as they conceded three in each-Falkirk, Raith and Queen of the South

-------------

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:11pm
Not good enough...never will be...move on

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 12:13am
Celtic were sh*t yesterday but Sevco were only a bit less sh*t so don't get carried away. They had 3 shots on target and Celtic's midfield was non existent. Kieran will get found out next season and we've better centre half's as it is.

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: Charlo
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 12:12am
He won't be the only Irish defender playing in Europe! Sean Hoare and Lee Desmond of St Pats are u21 internationals too! Eoghan O'Connell should be too be that Celtic or Cork City!

Date Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:24pm
Sloppy first half from the big man so far, Rangers in general have been poor since they won the league defeated the SPL Champions Glasgow Celtic.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:15pm
Looks like he has been pulled out of the  Hibernian stand and given a  Sevco jersey.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:31pm
He's pish

-------------

Posted By: Andy_Eire
Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:33pm
Why do people want this bloke to play for us?

He doesn't even like Ireland judging by his fear to tweet about us

Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:38pm
Jaysis lads don't be so embarrassing, obviously SByrne went too far in over-hyping him  but there's no need to be so petty. If you're waiting for a guy to make a mistake so you can rip into, you'll invariably never be disappointed.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:42pm
There is a difference between making a mistake and being absolutely atrocious. I would be surprised if he is there next season.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:44pm
Have seen him a number of times and couldnt give a sh*t what captain birdsye's oponion of him.
The fella is eligible but wouldnt get in our B squad

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:57pm

Jaysis lads don't be so embarrassing, obviously SByrne went too far in over-hyping him  but there's no need to be so petty. If you're waiting for a guy to make a mistake so you can rip into, you'll invariably never be disappointed.

He's been utter sh*te today. Anthony Stokes has tore him apart, for the first goal I'm quite confident I'd of defended better or at least got a tackle in!

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 8:22pm
Rob Kiernan has played for us and only us, so he's more than just "eligible". He's captained our underage sides more than once. I haven't seen much of him play, but let's be accurate. I don't think he's knocking on the door of the senior set up, but I wouldn't sh*t my pants if he got a call up.

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 1:59pm

I hate it when I'm right Cool

Rob Kiernan getting huge praise media wide right now! WC 2018 Rob Kiernan.

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 2:02pm

He took a brave decision to move to Glasgow Rangers fully aware he plays for the Republic of Ireland and gets a tri colour beside his name, never mind the SPL this lad is playing in Europe next season for Rangers as they will win the Scottish Cup. He went off injured today also, if you go on followfollow.com theres numerous lads calling him the best CB in Scotland, human wall among other things, they don't give two fiddlers f**ks he plays for us, and I like most don't care if he's captain of Glasgow Rangers. 

He'll be our only defender in a European competition I believe LOL I've raved about this lad all year, how Rangers play makes his job a nightmare at times the expansive style of play. I don't know were on earth 15 players ahead of him comes from either, he's right behind Duffy.  If he's playing in the Europa League next season, O'Neill calls him up simple as that from my perspective he's comfortable on the ball you may of noticed Rangers play every kick out short they have all season Kiernan or Wilson usually receive it and play it out thats what we crave apparently lads who don't hoof it, he's slick with his passing and he's brave, aerially immense. 
I'm basing my opinion on hours worth of watching Glasgow Rangers this season, not one game and a few facts on wikipedia. 

I could genuinely see Kiernan,Clark and Duffy fighting it out for the centre back pairing in the future.

How's he getting on in European competition bud?

Posted By: Missy
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 2:11pm
Woeful start to the season. Seems to be forming a partnership with Clint ( over the ) Hill saying that they keep very few clean sheets.

Posted By: schillaci
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 9:00pm
He's fcukin sh*te. Long may that continue.

The huns cant wait to get rid of him. LOL

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 9:09pm
Jesus, some amount of bitterness just because it's Rangers he's playing for... If he's so sh*te, then why would you care whether he stayed at Wigan to go through a relegation dogfight in the Championship or joined a team who were willing to pay him more and will probably end up playing in Europe in the next few years....

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

He's fcukin sh*te. Long may that continue.

The huns cant wait to get rid of him. LOL
That is the size of it, isn't good enough for the SPL.

-------------

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 9:38pm
From what I have seen of him he is pure dung. In no way should he be anywhere near the squad. AFAIK the rangers fans detest him.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

How's he getting on in European competition bud?
Jayzus, so much bullsh*t in one post.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 11:00pm
Good luck to the "human wall" for the remainder of the season.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net