Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=1986
Printed Date: 01 May 2024 at 8:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rovers / Bohs - Kid friendly?
Posted By: billybunter
Subject: Rovers / Bohs - Kid friendly?
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:03pm
lads - may seem like a strange comment, but have been out of the country for some time and I know there have been bad reports of skumbags causing trouble at league of ireland. Not worried about meself, but have a little 8 year old daughter, who is pure soccer mad and is begging me to take her to a game while we're home. I'll definitley take her to 1-2 bray games ( so she understands its not all glamour!) but wanted to get your thoughts if the rovers / bohs game on april 4th is appropriate (bad language no problem, but would prefer avoiding punch ups in / around the ground etc. Kid safe, or not?

Replies:
Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:27pm
can't advise you there Billybunter but it's an awful shame you have to even  think about what should be a happy first game for your daughter

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:49pm
It's in Tolka BB.
There will be a great atmosphere at it and I would advise you to just stay away from the main support cause there will be a lot of comments and chants that you don't want your daughter to hear.
The main Rovers fans will be in the Riverside stand I think for that, wioth Bohs at one end of the opposaite stand.

Find a part of the ground where the more quiet folk are, maybe the lego stand behind the goal.
There would be no problems there.
If there are any punch ups it will be outside the gound but Bohs will probably be kept back for a few mins so you will be ok.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 4:07am
Spot on there Ger........don't let the little scummers put you off going, as Ger says just avoid where you see them and you'll all be grand.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: ernesto guevara
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by billybunter billybunter wrote:

lads - may seem like a strange comment, but have been out of the country for some time and I know there have been bad reports of skumbags causing trouble at league of ireland. Not worried about meself, but have a little 8 year old daughter, who is pure soccer mad and is begging me to take her to a game while we're home. I'll definitley take her to 1-2 bray games ( so she understands its not all glamour!) but wanted to get your thoughts if the rovers / bohs game on april 4th is appropriate (bad language no problem, but would prefer avoiding punch ups in / around the ground etc. Kid safe, or not?

How dare you Billybunter,ill have you know that Bray are the Rolls Royce of Irish football,In my head anyway,Shame on you,Im highly offended, The seagulls will peck your eyes out for making a comment like that on arrival to our world famous Carlise grounds.

PS; if you can drag any more people along please do as we could do with the extra cash, GUR R GUR R

-------------
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 12:00am
will there be a spot to pay at the gate...was on both rovers and bohs websites and good fukn luck trying to get info about how you would buy tickets for this match!!
any info lads? - am in the air tomorrow, but its either rovers / bohs, or I may have to settle for Bray / Fin harps on fri evening.. (no offence intended ernesto) but would prefer the big dublin derby...

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 5:50am
Sporting Fingal and Dundalk is the big one this weekend Bunter Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 6:31am
Ye pay in at the gate BB, but try get there early enough cause there is always the last minute rush and there should be a decentg crowd at it.

Remember, there are parts of the ground that will be family friendly so just look out for them, enjoy

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 6:52am
nice one gerk - will do!

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 7:40am
Did you go BB?

Date Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:37pm
gerk!

just settling back after a rough month in april. was unable to get along to rovers/bohs - overnight flights on the thursday night so did'nt get in until 8am the morning of the match and jet lag got the better of the young one!!). I was fortunate to take in 2 bray games (2 wins may I add against Finn Harps and Derry, so she settled for Derry and Bray - which was the coldest fcuking night i was ever at a game!). I was also lucky to take in Man Utd and Roma at Old trafford, so 3 games, 3 wins. no complaints.
Cheers for now!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net