Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=1871
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:45am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ronnie Drew Tribute
Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Subject: Ronnie Drew Tribute
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 9:33am
I know this forum is a Plank-free zone, but Late Late tonight is Ronnie Drew tribute, so hopefully some good moments on that, although I see Kila are involved, I fckn hate them.  Worth taping though so I can zip through the bad bits. 

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Replies:
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 9:39am
 Fair play to all those involved in the tribute for Ronnie Drew. The man is a living legend.  Clap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 9:41am
what do ye think of the song thats been released?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 9:53am
I heard it only once, it's ok, I wouldn't be mad about it to be honest but I agree with its sentiments, cos he is a living legend, if a sometimes cantankerous one but aren't we all at times?  Tremendous performer though.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Justice Shark
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 10:23am
Yeh Ronnie is a gud man..will be out with da bird so won't see it..hope he takes no sh*te from the Plank

-------------
Mickey Mouse Ya Bleedin' Bollox

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 11:11am
Ronni is great, but a real grumpy lad. Went too see him once and he spent more time arguing with people in the audience!

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by GerKeano GerKeano wrote:

Ronni is great, but a real grumpy lad. Went too see him once and he spent more time arguing with people in the audience!

Yep the brother had a run in with him on the phone. Ronnie f'ing and blinding at him and the bro says if it wasnt for Luke Kelly he'd hate the dubliners cos of it.

Personally i dont like his voice - only listen to luke and the Dubs - but best of luck Ronnie and well deserved.

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 1:18pm
personally think that the song could have been a lot better..... I'd say they slapped it together in a hurry to coincide with a date they could all get together to record it

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Posted By: The Special One
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 1:53pm

Ronnie Drew is a total Legend.... Love his stuff. HAve been to see him and agree he is a grumpy ow'll sh1te..  and he tells too many stories instead og singing during performances. Legend though..

Long live Irish music and Ballads, its not appreciated enough by our generation...!!

Posted By: Bondvillain
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 2:55pm
Ronnie's a "Great oul character" (© Joe Duffy) , being amusing , talented and grumpy, and deserves all plaudits due to him.

The song's a load of ould gock though.

-------------
Forza Verde!

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 3:43pm
Jayzus that Shane McGowan fella is fookin in bits!

-------------

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 4:15pm
a few things i've concluded from the first bit:

Ronnie = Legend

Bono - wile c*nt. he could save all the starving children and bring world peace and he'd still be a c*nt.

Sharon Corr - Christ she'd get one!

Shane - Absolute legend and (after Ronnie and Luke) the voice of Irish music. They shuda had him singing the whole song!

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 6:21pm
btw, fair play to plank for starting the ould triangle. Would have been classic had they stuck with that.

And as for those f*cking feminists, fair paly again to the plank....you come here spouting sh*t* and Irelands had a woman president for god knows how many years.

And the funny side of feminism.......me f*cking hole! Yet to see a funny woman stand up...sorry....its the truth.

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 6:31pm
those 2 stupid yankee american feminists were an awful pile o sh*te! Near put me off me harp tonight! 

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Posted By: Babysis
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

btw, fair play to plank for starting the ould triangle. Would have been classic had they stuck with that.

And as for those f*cking feminists, fair paly again to the plank....you come here spouting sh*t* and Irelands had a woman president for god knows how many years.

And the funny side of feminism.......me f*cking hole! Yet to see a funny woman stand up...sorry....its the truth.

Totally agree - They were a pile of sh*te. Would have preferred to have seen the monks on again - they might have been scary but they were slightly funny. No good female stand ups spring to mind - and jesus those two tonight were dire - made me turn to the drink (admittedly doesnt take that much)LOL

-------------
First Commander-Galway Regatta

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 7:53pm
excellent...the two ppl i didn't want to p*ss off by saying that agree with me....!

Yeah, those yankee monks were gas alright....a wee bit odd but anyways!

Didn't mind the song at all...good tune....will never be a big fan  of bono's voice but there ya go

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 8:16pm
So you's all stayed in and watched the Late Late then yeah?....wild bunch Big%20smile

Is the repeat on sunday or monday night??

-------------

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 8:30pm
Jaysus I cringed when the Plank tried to start The Oul Triangle.
Fair play to the great Patsy Watchorn (another legend of Dublin City Ramblers fame) to bail him out

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 3:02am

a few things i've concluded from the first bit:

Ronnie = Legend

Bono - wile c*nt. he could save all the starving children and bring world peace and he'd still be a c*nt.

Sharon Corr - Christ she'd get one!

Shane - Absolute legend and (after Ronnie and Luke) the voice of Irish music. They shuda had him singing the whole song!

Andrea Corr me thinks!!!

Bono is a legend although he does spout crap. He was actually telling the plank who to interview next!!

Feckin sad seeing McGowan like that...shouldnt ave let him near the mic!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 3:03am

The plank starting that was the biggest cringe ive had in years...he's ruined that song for me. He deserves no credit!!!!!!

You actually watched the rest of the late late? OMG

-------------

Posted By: Babysis
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 3:32am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

So you's all stayed in and watched the Late Late then yeah?....wild bunch Big%20smile

Is the repeat on sunday or monday night??

I had to stay in last night to prepare for the sesh today with my granddad - always a good unSmile I love the Dubliners but just found the whole thing last night a bit patronising, but thats Pat for you, absolutely uselessConfused

-------------
First Commander-Galway Regatta

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 4:10am
the plank is muck but looking forward to watching it on rte.ie

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 6:13am
Yeah, Andrea  Corr  i meant!

Yep, sad to say i stayed in and watched it all. Also preparing for the sesh today. Starting at 1 and going all day and all night!

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 7:21am

excellent...the two ppl i didn't want to p*ss off by saying that agree with me....!

Yeah, those yankee monks were gas alright....a wee bit odd but anyways!

Didn't mind the song at all...good tune....will never be a big fan  of bono's voice but there ya go

Not so easily offended Antrim manLOL
Cringed when the plank was chatting to yer New Zealnd rugby man, he made him feel so awkward asking him about children when the poor lad didn't have anyOuch

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 7:51am
the plank is the biggest fookin ar*ehole ever to be on telly, radio (followed a close second by Gerry Ryan and Joe DuffYAngry). Actually hes the biggest ar*ehole in the world today!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:22am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

the plank is the biggest fookin ar*ehole ever to be on telly, radio (followed a close second by Gerry Ryan and Joe DuffYAngry). Actually hes the biggest ar*ehole in the world today!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLClap

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 9:19am
Jeez, alot of yiz in on a Friday night alright, I'll excuse yiz by saying yiz are on the batter tonight, look forward to seeing the tape of it and forewarned is forearmed about Plank starting the Old Triangle.........Jaysus H.......

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2008 at 10:08am
aye, plank didn't half try and make a prat of Brent Pope. Yeah, so...ur middle aged, childless and single....you aren't gonna die lonely at all......prat

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2008 at 10:24am
Poor lad, felt awful for him. He should've laid into Pat.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2008 at 3:19pm
Harp you say Green Tribe I'd be fond of a few cans of it meself.

When does the Late Late repeat ?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 6:23am
Just watched that Late Late tape now (off work, took a dive), it was a good show overall although Shane McGowan......Jaysus what's he like, is he ever sober nowadays? 

Agreed as well, Pope shoulda told Kenny to f*ck off when he was banging on about him being single and childless, fookin knobjockey and those Gorilla faced feminists was straight out of the Alan Partridge Chat show.  Finally, big respect for Niall Mellon a lad from our area who went to Ballyroan Boys N.S. (same year as meself) and lived a couple of hundred yards from the Harringtons, fair play Niall, unbelievable what he's done in S.Afrcia.  Clap

But Plank's a useless bellend.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 6:31am
its amazing how the word "plank" just rialls me up no end! in great form until reading this, what a fookin ars*hole!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 6:32am
Sorry Count......will try not bring up the P word again till I have to.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 6:34am
good man freewheeler, we'll refer to it as the P word from now on!Thumbs%20UpLOL

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 5:23pm
Your a Plank Count,

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net