Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=1567
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 6:07pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: YBIG13 Hander-outers
Posted By: The Count
Subject: YBIG13 Hander-outers
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 11:30am
Just trying to round up a few names if ye are able to hand out some mags outside croker at the brazil game. If game is at 7.45 we usually start about  6.15/30.

Honeymonster and Ryaner are defos, and Percy is 100% there aswell, anyone else about?
Ta

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 12:09pm
NO worries Ger, I'll take a box for you.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: tirchonaill
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 12:38pm
a day in the life of a  YBIG  writer and telling the troops where to hand them out

At%20Desk  http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYIE">Paper%20Work    http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYIE">Meeting    http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYIE">Off%20To%20Work  

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZNxmk788YYIE&utm_id=7926">

Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 12:58pm
good one tirchonnaillLOL

Count.. whats this 100% stuff?...... I dislocated my armpit in work today so the best I can do is orchestrate the handing out of mags in Mcgraths pubOuch

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 1:35pm
Nonsense Percy; you're the number one hander-outer....you must be seen to set a good example to us chung fellas....you're my hero

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 1:40pm
well in the words of Steve Finnan... I think its time I stepped aside and gave the young fellas coming through a chance ...ie you HM

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 4:55pm

i'm a maybe, i did it without being asked in cardiff after several beverages!

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 5:04pm
gone to all the ireland games bar slovakia away and have never seen one of the ybig issues yet..only read it on the net ere

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 5:14pm
All the mags were given out in Bratislava as it was the first match so that's why you wouldnt have seen any in Prague. We were in O'Neills pub in Cardiff and out on the surrounding streets so you must have been pretty p1ssed to have missed us there!
We'll be on all the surrounding roads leading up to Croker as usual from about half 5 onwards before the Brazil game so make sure you stop by and givers a hand!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 5:24pm
our gaff was across the river from stadium so had no need to go to centre b4 game in cardiff.. furthest i went was that witherspoons for the breakfast that morning.. me in dublin at 5, i wish.. will be en-route at that stage..

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

our gaff was across the river from stadium so had no need to go to centre b4 game in cardiff.. furthest i went was that witherspoons for the breakfast that morning.. me in dublin at 5, i wish.. will be en-route at that stage..

were you in witherspoons prince of wales? that's where we were handing the mags/ragsLOL out

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 6:00pm
exactly Greentribe, he must have been well rubbered chomping his breakkie!Wacko

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by GreenTribe GreenTribe wrote:

were you in witherspoons prince of wales? that's where we were handing the mags/ragsLOL out

fook, give up i was pissed..it was the only pub we could find open for the cure..was in bad form from fri night

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 6:03pm

gone to all the ireland games bar slovakia away and have never seen one of the ybig issues yet..only read it on the net ere

plenty of mags for you to see at the Brazil gane tirchonaill, will give you 2 or 3 boxes Wink

Cheers Freewheeler and Percy, will add you to the list so.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 6:08pm
as a matter of interest how many do you  print anyhow?
how many in a box?

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 6:11pm
ah not too many tirchonaill, 2 or 3 boxes will only take you 5-10 mins!Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 6:13pm
fly into dub airport on tues night at 2235, would collect 1-2 if handy done as will have my 2 little helpers with me at the game..fooking madness driving down to donegal that night then leaving again next day to come up to dublin

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 6:22pm
Sorry Count, getting me Gers mixed up with me Counts.........I know I know, sorry, old age, but I'll take a few off whoever gives me them, you know yourselves inanyways

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

ah not too many tirchonaill, 2 or 3 boxes will only take you 5-10 mins!Wink

Lads only know of you through this site,  for Croker Games coming from Bray and meeting up with people from north county dublin we meet in jurys am more than willing to take a box to give out there and jones road if you tell me where i can collect a box ill be coming from connolly station and walking up through summerhill! 

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 3:29am
yeah great stuff Brianie, will give you a shout closer to the game.
Same as tirchonaill, no hassle if you're about you;re about. Ta

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 6:26am
ill be goin 2 the game with HM count so ill meet ya before the game and give u a dig out..

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 7:41am
boys i didnt know ye were doin one for the brazil match...wanted to write something>>>>

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 8:47am
still time citizen, if you do it tonight!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 9:41am
Right so count I will then.

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 9:51am
ill be doing a piece on stevie Ireland...

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 10:32am
controversial ......

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 5:01pm
I could hand some out within the 10 foot radius of my seat in Gill's! I'll be there early Big%20smile

Posted By: Donal Cullen
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2008 at 9:55am
Ever thought of giving a box to the lads at the ROISSC who meet at the Molesworth before games? Now I have been gone from Ireland for seven years so the Molesworth, the ROISSC and Dublin could be gone now. I'd take a box here in Canada but nobody would take them as they do not have (1) anything to do with hockey, (2) pictures of naked women in it, (3) directions to Tim Hortens, (4) a coupon for Canadian tire and (5) a free beer attached. That and the fact that there is not a lot of interest in the Irish soccer team here and the fact there is no naked women or beer within.

-------------
There are friendlier places to drink.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 10:17am
Any other hander-outers available on Wednesday??

Weather forecast doesnt look great so hats and rain jackets advisable. The more the merrier so shouldnt take too long. 

-------------

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 10:43am
I'm landing at 3pm so should be around Croker early enough, probably be in Phil Ryans/hogan stand beforehand, I'll give a hand out if I get my t-shirt for the 20,000th post

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 10:46am
good man seanie. wont have any tees on wednesday though as still sorting out the logo. We havent forgotten! Wink 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 10:55am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

good man seanie. wont have any tees on wednesday though as still sorting out the logo. We havent forgotten! Wink 

Fook that then, I'm not handing out any mags!! LOL

Ah no, only messing, I'm in work until Wednesday around 12 so PM me before that and I'll give you my irish mobile and take a box off you for Phil Ryans. How many is in a box by the way?!

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 10:59am
bout 250 in a box seaniemac, yeah will do.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 11:17am
cool, have you guys thought about dropping them in other pubs around Dublin before games too, like the barge, rodys, Submarine bar or Bradys in terenure? Might be a good idea to shift a few, plus you might find more pubs willing to advertise in it if there are copies of the mag around their area of dublin

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 1:14pm
yeah used to do it in loads of pubs from the submarine in crumlin to the towers in ballymun. takes a serious bit of effort and already takes up loads of our time so another night or 2 doing drop offs in pubs doesnt go down well with the missus.  Still do them in the cuckoos nest cause the manager bernards a good bloke and takes ads with us so will always drop up there. good footballing pub aswell.

-------------

Posted By: The Rovers
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 1:30pm
Mite be able to give a dig out if needed, dont think am goin drinkin before now

Posted By: The_Yank
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 2:44pm
Count if you send a box out to Los Angeles I will hand them out in the pubs.
:-)

-------------
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 5:59pm
I take it Gerk will giving out a few mags this time instead of sitting with his rugby mates in the corporate boxes Thumbs%20Down

-------------

Posted By: ryaner13
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 7:04pm

Dirty hound hob-nobbing with Joanne Delaney!!! I've been in the gym since after the Welsh game pumping iron ...born ready!! 

-------------
Liverpool F.C go deo..

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 8:41am
Apart from Gerk, myself, gazsh, mcgoldrick, count, ryaner and bob hoskins, who else is defo about tomorrow evening?? Percy I take it you shall be there with bells on all your boxes Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 8:44am
HM, FW and his assistant will be handing out a box........I'll get the young lad to advertise verbally so I can shout at the match.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 8:48am
Good man FW!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 8:48am
good scout leader work there Honeymonster! Keep the hounders on Percy though!Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 8:50am
Hay, just had a thought!
......no, it's gone, sorry.
But, hay, I usually go up to the Irish club in Hamilton to watch weekend Irish matches (mid-week plays havoc with my bosses nerves) and if you wanted I could take a few copies with me for the next weekend match.
Failing that I will be going to Toronto to watch one with my bro and I'm sure box's full of YBIG will help his decor.
Anyway, just a thought.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 8:57am
Was there someone lookin for me?Confused........ try McGraths from about 4.30.... You might spot me thereWink

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:01am
boo-urns Percy

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:08am
wheres tha?... not familiar with knacker territory

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:09am
It's from the simpsons you aul fella

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:13am
thought you meant some pub called byrnes.....are yiz not havin a pint before th match?

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

boo-urns Percy

are you saying boo-urns or booo-urns HM?

Boo-urns Percy, bad form!Thumbs%20Down

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

Hay, just had a thought!
......no, it's gone, sorry.
But, hay, I usually go up to the Irish club in Hamilton to watch weekend Irish matches (mid-week plays havoc with my bosses nerves) and if you wanted I could take a few copies with me for the next weekend match.
Failing that I will be going to Toronto to watch one with my bro and I'm sure box's full of YBIG will help his decor.
Anyway, just a thought.

would cost about 10 grand to send a box over there Donal. Costing me 6 euro to send over a couple of the latest mage to yourself this week.AngryAngry
Thats no lunch for me tomorrow!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:34am
Not going to take your lunch money, Count. Thanks for send the ones to me anyway and if I get to the Irish clubs here in Canada I will tell them about the site and you'll get a load of grumpy, humpy, old bollox's writing on the forum....so no change there then! Except they will be based in Canada and nobody else gives a sh*t.Wink

-------------

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:37am
I'm hiding behind Percy in the usual spot in mcgraths. Feel free to drop me in a rag...mag sorry...looosers.LOL

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 7:29am
gills is the place where we're gonna hand out the mags lads so whoevers about to give a hand from about 4.30 onwards?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 6:16pm
Percy was in top form on wednesday evening after his wish finally came through! He was presented with his 'new trolley' to lug his ybig boxes around.
Congrats Percy!Clap

-------------

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 6:19pm
LOLClap

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 11:32pm
LOLAre you sure Percy was not just coming back from the supermarket? It looks like they had a sale!!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net