Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 2:18pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Venables now favourite for Bulgaria job
Posted By: Catman
Subject: Venables now favourite for Bulgaria job
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 6:13am

Venables set to earn Bulgaria offer

January 7, 2008

In a sensational development, the hot favourite for the vacant Republic of Ireland manager’s job, Terry Venables, is now the favourite to take over Bulgaria – one of Ireland’s principal rivals in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Venables is listed as 15/8 favourite to become the Ireland boss in succession to the ousted Steve Staunton.

But the former Tottenham, Barcelona and England manager has now been included on a short-list of just TWO to take charge of the Bulgarian national side.

According to reports from Sofia on Monday morning, the Bulgaria job will be offered to Venables, with former national team manager Plamen Markov listed as a back-up option should the Englishman fail to agree terms.

-------------

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..

Replies:
Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 6:59am
from what i read of some foriegn site he could be announced today if money etc can be agreed

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 7:13am
Is everyone else just fed up at this stage of all this crap? I just wish the FAI would hire someone now, even if it is Venables, so all this speculation can end, we can give him a warm welcome at the Brazil game and just get on with it.

The only good thing on the horizon is the fixtures coming out next week so we can all start looking and posting info on the cheapest flights and accommodation in Bulgaria, Georgia and Montenegro, etc.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 8:07am
What site Erimus?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 8:12am
go into google news and it comes up

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 8:13am
http://international.ibox.bg/news/id_113363975 - http://international.ibox.bg/news/id_113363975

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 8:41am
Says he need to lower is demands
Can anyone see El Tel doing this???

He will hold out for more loot off Ireland

Posted By: tirchonaill
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 8:45am
Originally posted by GerKeano GerKeano wrote:

He will hold out for more loot off Ireland

Well, if he is holding out for more loot of us, then he cant have our job in the bag yet as most of us think

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 8:46am
Maybe it was all another of Delaney's little games, prolong it and get every Tom Dick and Harry throwing their name in, till 1 by 1 they fall by the wayside and eventually we all just go "Get us a Gaffer" and we settle for Venables just to put us out of our misery.  His for the taking now I'd say.  Can't wait though for the WC fixture meet, that's tomorrow week, plan the hols

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 12:42pm

venables sure is popular, took these quotes off an ex-pat bulgarian website;

teddy4U wrote:
Venables is an ex spurs git as well as a greedy one and anyone with any support for the Bulgarian footballing cause should think again. He's in it for the money, wise up BG!

What the hell does Venables know about Bulgaria anyway his interest is in Spain but obviously can't get a job there?

Buzzard wrote:
Hmmm...... if Venables does well in Bulgaria we have some more key personnel from the UK that should be of great benefit to the country, i.e Gary Glitter to manage Child Welfare and Michael Barrymore for gay reform!

The list is endless!!!!!!!!!!!!

tabbyman47 wrote:
Thats like giving gazza the job of beer tester they won't qualify again for owt! Why do other countries employ our losers?

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 12:52pm
"employ our losers".....says it feckin all.
Don Givens said in the papers today that he hopes to have someone in charge by the Brazil game as he doesnt fancy takin charge of the seniors while the 21's are playing England in the same week...

-------------

Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 12:56pm
load of cock... delaney will be overseeing our fixtures for the qualifiers and the campaign will be fcked before we even kick a bleedin ball... imagine our first game being georgia away with 5 travelling supporters and then italy away.... game over

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Don Givens said in the papers today that he hopes to have someone in charge by the Brazil game as he doesnt fancy takin charge of the seniors while the 21's are playing England in the same week...

Considering Don's position with Razor and Don eile I find his comments strange. The three wise men's remit is to source, interview, and recommend the next manager; WITH the panels recommendation essentially been The next Irish manager....so why is it for someone so entrenched in the selection process that he hopes a decision is made before feb 6th...which makes you wonder are they still fannying about sourcing and interviewing people? They were hired at the start of December ffs

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 3:45am
Funny quote from The Guardian.

In managerial news, the Irish nation is breathing a huge sigh of relief as Bulgaria are unfathomably desperate for Terry Venables to take control of their national team

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 4:33am
sad but true....why are we such a laughing stock??? can we not employ someone decent for a foockin change

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 5:41pm
looks as though their not taking him;  hope he is not coming ere

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=89205 - http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=89205

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 5:42pm
Ah ball0x

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 5:44pm
Fck it is right, but for someone like Bulgaria, I'd have expected them to remain fairly insular so I was very surprised Venables was in the frame, so it looks like they're keeping it native with Markov.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 5:59pm
Markov in that pic is the spit of one of the Thunder Birds characters

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Donal Cullen
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2008 at 2:04pm
With all this speculation about Venables I asked an Aussie friend of mine what he thought of Venables and he said he would rather have Rupert Murdoch running the team and he hates Murdoch.
What the hell does Venables know about Bulgarian football, you ask? The same he knows about Irish football. Last time he was a manager at an Irish match there was a riot...that should tell you something! Oh, dear, better go.

-------------
There are friendlier places to drink.

Posted By: ernesto guevara
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 12:53pm
Nobody wants him,not one country,not one club so why the f*ck is he still in the running for our job?????

-------------
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net