Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=13016
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:04am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Darron Gibson Tonight
Posted By: IrishPride
Subject: Darron Gibson Tonight
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:59pm
Halft time in the spurs match and he has 2 goals allready...Hopefully tonight will be a catalyst for his development as a player. Wouldnt it be great if heturned into a really good player in time for the euro qualifying campaign.

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Replies:
Posted By: Chopper 76
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:00pm
is that on sky sports?

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:03pm
Yeah its on sky sports 2 Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:04pm
2 well taken goals fair play to him

Posted By: Johnnybhoy
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:27pm
Good man Gibson, great finishes

Posted By: gary breen
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:46pm
DarrOn gibson

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:56pm
I reckon he will get more games now and with confidence he can only get better

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:58pm
Two superb goals.

The RTE pundits are consistently very hard on him which is unfair. He's a fantastic player with great ability. I really do believe he can go on to be a future Man United and Ireland captain.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Two superb goals.

The RTE pundits are consistently very hard on him which is unfair. He's a fantastic player with great ability. I really do believe he can go on to be a future Man United and Ireland captain.
Cop on will ya, a future Man Utd captain?Confused Hopefully he matures and becomes a good player, but he doesnt have the attributes of a captain

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:08pm
Might be gong a bit over the top alright there Sham.

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:11pm
think he has the ability he just needs to command the ball more

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:11pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXWtQc3J3g - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXWtQc3J3g  Second Goal is a screamer Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P6bWpPuhEs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P6bWpPuhEs

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:24pm
in fairness, he could be like john o'shea, if he always fills in when there are injuries and takes his chances. O'shea was always in for injuries and in cup games and now he is one of their main players. Last season he was uniteds most capped player and no doubt he has been giving advice to gibson

-------------

Posted By: Discopants
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:30pm
Definitely the next Roy Keane

Posted By: Engpad12345
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:35pm
See on the write up on BBC Sport one of the quotes from the 606 messageboards says 'Could Gibson be the next Lampard' ..... Heres hoping!

-------------
You've had a Manny

Posted By: badabingbamboom
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:46pm
wouldnt get carried away, hopefully he matures into the type of player Flethcer turned into, solid midfielder with an appetite for getting stuck in, well able to take a goal when it comes his way as well

Posted By: Belfast Green
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:15pm
If he turns into a solid, reliable midfielder for Ireland that's good enough for me, But who knows. His second tonight was a peach!

-------------
http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:18pm
good man Darron Clap

-------------

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 6:16pm
two great goals,got good strike of the ball,if cud get him on the ball more he wud be great,hides alot

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 6:20pm
Didnt see the game. Seen his second goal on the highlights, peach. As already said, the problem sometimes with this lad is that he doesnt impose himself on games as much as a centre mid should. Not always as easy playing with United at that level. He's not a kid anymore though; he needs to take his game to the next level. Tonight's performance would have done him wonders though.

-------------

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 6:21pm
im a big united fan and have seen him alot, he scores screamers but does absolutely nothing from play, bit of a nani!
he also seems very uninterested when he plays for ireland

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: MariborKev
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 6:36pm
IM,

Gibson loves being involved with Ireland. Fact.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by MariborKev MariborKev wrote:

IM,

Gibson loves being involved with Ireland. Fact.

dont know all about that!

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:03pm
Did not see the game but would be more interested in his general performance, did he show for the ball or did he hide. We all know he has a great shot on him, but thats not what will make him a play for Man Utd or Ireland 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by NeilMcD NeilMcD wrote:

Did not see the game but would be more interested in his general performance, did he show for the ball or did he hide. We all know he has a great shot on him, but thats not what will make him a play for Man Utd or Ireland 

to be honest neil i reckon you could count his touches on one hand shyed away from it alot and didnt make a meaniful tackle

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:34am
Darron is 22 and is playing for Manchester Utd and scoring screamers. Maybe if people got behind the lad and encouraged him he'd do it more regularly. We're blessed to have talent like this. Well done Darron.

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Posted By: Cuddly
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

Darron is 22 and is playing for Manchester Utd and scoring screamers. Maybe if people got behind the lad and encouraged him he'd do it more regularly. We're blessed to have talent like this. Well done Darron.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Well said Exclamation

-------------
Hair blows in the wind. After years there is still wind. Sadly no more hair.

Posted By: Chopper 76
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:11am

2 screamers last night Clap

Posted By: Tash Kent
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:36am

Well done Darron Gibson.Clap

-------------
Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:41am
I think there is definitely scope for him to do well- the likes of Fletcher must be a big help to him as he is a player with limited ability that has become a major player for united with his attitude- I would have thought Gibson has more talent than the likes of Fletcher he just needs to impose himself more on games and be a bit more aggresive- He just needs a decent run of games to build his confidence and gain bit of experience

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:00am
I said ages ago he could become a type of Fletcher player for Utd. Fans hated Fletcher at the start now he is a big player for them.

I defo think though he needs to command the ball more, even the first goal he should have been showing for the ball more but in the end it kind of just broke to him and then he lined it up and hit it well, he can defo hit them and it's not as if he gives the ball away a lot, he just doesn't show enough to get the ball and then use it. But that will come with experience. He has 2 maybe 3 games now in the Carling Cup and maybe a game in the CL. Lets hope he and Utd encourage him to use these goals as a flatform to produce even more.

At 22 he can't really afford to have another season at Utd like the last two where he only plays the less meaningful games or late sub appearances when Utd are strolling

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

I think there is definitely scope for him to do well- the likes of Fletcher must be a big help to him as he is a player with limited ability that has become a major player for united with his attitude- I would have thought Gibson has more talent than the likes of Fletcher he just needs to impose himself more on games and be a bit more aggresive- He just needs a decent run of games to build his confidence and gain bit of experience

totally agree, ive been saying this on here for a while. if gibson was no good, fergie would have let him go. he definitely sees something in him. it wasnt long ago that utd fans were deriding fletcher but look at him now. as TP says, he's 22 ffs, plenty of time to develop

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:35am
correct me if I'm wrong; but has Gibson been on the bench a fair few times this season in league games, without making any sub appearences???

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:20am
Starts today

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: durka durka
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:21am
Scholes on his way out, oppurtunity for gibson to shine

-------------
"Insert Funny Comment"

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:26am
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Starts today

Big chance to shine in wot's gonna be a tough match!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: conor253
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:20am
Scored again for Man U

Clap

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:22am
Deadly

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:24am
An absolute belter too...

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:27am
bbc

Man Utd goal: I knew that Boost bar would work. With a classic counter-attack, Manchester United burst forward with Ryan Giggs and his ageing feet slot the ball across to Darron Gibson and the man who scored two blinders midweek in the Carling Cup pulls another cracker out of the bag from the edge of the box. Game over? Not quite. Seconds after the goal West Ham sub Alessandro Diamanti blasts a free-kick and Tomasz Kuszczak palms it over. It's all livened up in the London rain.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:29am
the people on 101 great goals work fast
goal available here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4112153/ - http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4112153/

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:05am
good goal cheers Tetsuijn

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:42pm
Good to see from Gibson, heard it was a screamer he scored today. He's really at the age he needs to start making an impression and he's done that in the last few games he's played for united so fingers crossed he can continue with this. Well done Darron Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: KrisMorrisKross
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:13pm
Real box to box performance from Darron today. Says a lot that himself, Anderson and Scholes started in Midfield. Fletcher started a right back and Carrick came off the bench to play at Centre Half

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:27pm
excellent news, brightened up an otherwise painful week for irish football

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Belfast Green
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:38pm
Hopefully this is the break Gibby has been waiting on. The more he plays the more he will grow in confidence. 

-------------
http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 3:00pm
and maybe people here will start getting behind this marvellously talented young Irishman. Well done Darron. Again.

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

goal available here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4112153/ - http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4112153/

absolute rasper Darron Clap

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 6:55pm
Wonderful strike Clap

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: billybunter
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

and maybe people here will start getting behind this marvellously talented young Irishman. Well done Darron. Again.

tuff paddy = irish fan. great stuff - what a week for the young man, and please god as TP states people will appreciate what we might have in this kid.

Posted By: durka durka
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:30am
Great goal, had a lot to do with the pass giggs played, inch perfect, gibson didnt have to brake stride.

BELTERClap

-------------
"Insert Funny Comment"

Posted By: nero
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 6:42am
Some screamer

-------------

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:51pm
Great Goal ..Thought Johnny giles gave an excellent assement of darrens performance against w.ham on the premiership last saturday Really showed what he needs to do to get to the next level.

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: Darren
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:06am
Hopefully getting some regular first XI games will help Darron along and enable him to make the step up. Obviously has potential but needs to improve his passing imo - especially playing central midfield.

After so many "next great Irish midfielder" episodes over the years, one of them has got to break through and realise his potential. Be delighted if Darron is the first of many.

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:47am
He'll be playing again tonigh no doubt. Anyone got the odds on him to be first scorer handy?

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:47am
He might be playing at the back though

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:51am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Brilliant strike. Hopefully he'll start knocking them in like this for the boys in green!

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:59pm
Rumoured to be starting centre-back with Carrick.

EDIT: Starting in midfield with Fletcher and Carrick at the back.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:51pm
saw only bits of the game how did he do overall?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

saw only bits of the game how did he do overall?

Same here, but my bro was saying he put in another good performance Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: sledgehammer
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 5:14am
watched the whole game, just to really study his performance thought his passing and movement where brilliant last night. Not sure about his tenacity in the middle, didn get close enough to players throughout and didn t make one telling tackle. Coming on well and could become a really smashing player in the next two years

-------------
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 5:19am
deffo needs to put the foot in more , will be awesome if he does

OH OH THIS GIBSONS ON FIRE

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:29am

will prob get another half hour at least tonight, if he doesn't start

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 5:10pm

He won a penalty, had an assist and a hand in utds third against wolves tonight.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 5:22pm
fair play to him he's really taking his opportunity.

-------------

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 5:27pm
He was poor tonight.

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:40am
Starting to do well in Fantasy football!!!

Posted By: GARY_BREEN
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 8:15pm
G'wan the Gibbo!!!

-------------
#FinnanWithTheAssist

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:42am
have to agree with Z, his general play without ball is not good. Some decent passing though

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 11:27am

Everytime he gets the ball around the box you expect him to test the keeper. Much better option than Andrews with a few more games behind him.

-------------

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 12:43pm
Jury still out on Gibson but keep it going son. My fear is he is another Liam Miller

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 3:31pm
Gibson is not good enough for United and will be offloaded by Ferguson once he gets a few more games under his belt in the minor competitions or against lesser opposition.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 7:52am
Think his general play can improve with more confidence. He is great on the ball already so just needs to work on his play off the ball. Fergie should be doing this. Scholes never was a great tackler but got into great positions so that's who Gibson should be learning from

Posted By: billybunter
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 8:00am
the fukn kid is 22 - playing regularly in central midfield with manchester United.  We would all love to have Zidane, Keane , Scholes all rolled into one but can we support and get behind this kid for now?
think how much he has progressed in the last year, and most of all, if anything it reinforces my belief in trap who was playing him when it was'nt so fukn cool to do so. Trap and Sir Alex are not two fukn rookies.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:11am
Originally posted by billybunter billybunter wrote:

the fukn kid is 22 - playing regularly in central midfield with manchester United.  We would all love to have Zidane, Keane , Scholes all rolled into one but can we support and get behind this kid for now?
think how much he has progressed in the last year, and most of all, if anything it reinforces my belief in trap who was playing him when it was'nt so fukn cool to do so. Trap and Sir Alex are not two fukn rookies.

Fantastic point. If the 2 greatest managers in the world think he's good enough who the f*ck are we to say otherwise! He'll get another good few starts in the United team before the friendlies come around. this has been a decent season for him so far, lets all hope it tunrs into a massive one.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:18am
Sorry Stoked up but Fergie usually sells players that don't play...NANI will be gone soon.

Gibson is getting too many games.. Fergis likes him and as all neutrals will say..Gibbo is getting better with games.
And BILLYB..spot on..Trappa was right about Steven Reid and He's right about Gibson. Better option than Andrews now..

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 10:00am
theres no way fergie is fatten this calf to offload him FFS , he obviously wants a midfield goalscorer , gibson is only goign to get better , we are blessed stan picked him and that the FAI thumbed the nose up at Norn Iron to claim him , he will eb class for us , wait until he blems one of those shots past our opponents int he next qualifiers !

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 10:22am

fletcher is a prime example of a player who a lot of people didn't rate, even Utd supporters, but Fergie see's something in him and then eventually becomes a decent player.

Scholes is nearly finished now so they need a goalscoring midfielder to replace him. Scholes is a genius so doubt gibson can ever reach that sort of level but with more games, experience and confidence he does have as good a chance as any of the youths coming through at Utd to stay in the team and not be offloaded

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Sorry Stoked up but Fergie usually sells players that don't play...NANI will be gone soon.

Gibson is getting too many games.. Fergis likes him and as all neutrals will say..Gibbo is getting better with games.

And BILLYB..spot on..Trappa was right about Steven Reid and He's right about Gibson. Better option than Andrews now..

I really hope your right. We badly need a combative, goal scoring midfielder. It just looks that way, that Fergie doesn't seem to trust him for the bigger games, playing him in the minor games instead and often this signals a Man U offload.

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:20am
Taken off after 57mins today, played sh*te but the whole United team are!!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:21am
Massive game for him tonight. Papers saying he is getting a start.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:43am
Hope not.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:49am
be good to have another look. He blows hot and cold, but he always has a few pot shots at goal every game, guardanteeed

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:56am
he's guaranteed to give the ball away while under no pressure,not to break sweat,4 of his 5 shots wont hit the target and at least 3 of those times there will be players in a better position available for a pass..

-------------

Posted By: garytwigg21
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:10pm
Hope he plays tonight, but seriously doubt it after the Leeds debacle!!

-------------
This time next year........

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:29pm
I know they didnt do well against leeds, but i do think that gibson was the only lad who didnt get subbed. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

he's guaranteed to give the ball away while under no pressure,not to break sweat,4 of his 5 shots wont hit the target and at least 3 of those times there will be players in a better position available for a pass..

Completely agree with you z! Hes far from the finished article

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 3:35pm
how did he play today, anyone see it?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 3:40pm
Was taken off purely because Berbatov is a lazy b0llocks. I've seen trees move more than him and as a result United had no choice but to go 4-4-2 and bring on Mame Biram Diouf.

I thought Gibson played well for the time he was on.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Son of Trap
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 5:19pm
Didn't really do anything in the game today as far as I could see

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 11:47pm
Scored another great goal tonight, good man Gibson Clap big season for him.

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 1:36am
Looked extremely confident on the ball and scored a quality free kick as sono said Clap

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:02am
Well done GibboClap.........he is certainly maturing into a cracking player

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:46am
Well done. Hopefully we will see this season what Fergie sees.

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:13am

At 22, its make or break. Got to impress this season.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:44am
Twas a cracker...............as was Tom Cleverley's!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: domo
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:29pm
Gibson is a poor player has done nothing for Ireland and scores pointless goals for utd. Dont want him in the irish set up untill he proves himself Which will be never.
The following players should not be in the team.

Mc Shane
Kilbane
Gibson
Best
Andrews
Thumbs%20Down

-------------
Shake and Bake

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

Gibson is a poor player has done nothing for Ireland and scores pointless goals for utd. Dont want him in the irish set up untill he proves himself Which will be never.

Mc Shane
Kilbane
Gibson
Best
Andrews
Thumbs%20Down

GTFO you'd swear we had a world class midfield.

Confused

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

Mc Shane
Kilbane
Gibson
Best
Andrews
Thumbs%20Down

gibson and andrews should be in the team. pointless goals?? gibson's goals got united to the carling cup final, scored 2 great goals against tottenham hotspur this season along with another cracker against bayern munich in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! quarter final?! how are they pointless?? i can see why you are critical of his performances for ireland because the fact he only started against cyprus in the group and he was in an inexperienced central midfield, you have chosen to be the critical armchair pundit who judges players on one poor performance. the fact now that whelan is settled in our central midfield gives gibson a chance to slot in comfortably this time round. look how well whelan played in the opening two games when he had an experienced player beside him in the form of steven reid. it helped him hugely. i hope gibson starts against argentina because his pre season performances for united have been fantastic and he capped off a solid performance last night with a wonderful free kick. i haven't heard much from andrews since the end of last season and i believe his position in the ireland line up is subject to change. unless o'hara (permitting his call up is soon) or mccarthy (hopefully trap does include him in the qualifiers because he is much needed) step up to the mark also, i think gibson may be first choice for the qualifiers if he keeps himself in the united starting line up.

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:32pm
any links to gibsons goal?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net