!!Transport to Dublin from London!!

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: International
Forum Name: Republic Of Ireland
Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=12296
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 4:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: !!Transport to Dublin from London!!
Posted By: keanesrightfoot
Subject: !!Transport to Dublin from London!!
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:10am
Woke up this morning a felt a need to be there tommorow. I have a ticket sorted. Cheapest flight i could find is £250 and cant afford it cus im headin to Paris on wednesday so is there anybody in london who has a cancelled flight/are driving over. Willing to pay of course just not £250!

Replies:
Posted By: RonnieB
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:15am
could you get to Hollyhead and get the ferry over? 

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:19am
Are u going from holyhead?

Posted By: captkeen
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:23am
Cheapest way to go is to bus it. you might get the train for £60.

-------------
Live Long and Prosper.

Posted By: RonnieB
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:24am
Nope, im based in the bogs of Ireland but was just a thought. Train to hollyhead then ferry, might be a cheaper option

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:29am
€58 one way on Eurolines.

Leaving Victoria Coach Station at 19:00 this evening, Arrive in Dublin at 11:20 tomorrow morning.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:33am
Originally posted by sausageroll sausageroll wrote:

Leaving Victoria Coach Station at 19:00 this evening, Arrive in Dublin at 11:20 tomorrow morning.

Link please! where is this on?

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:36am
Originally posted by keanesrightfoot keanesrightfoot wrote:

Originally posted by sausageroll sausageroll wrote:

Link please! where is this on?

Bus Eireann Eurolines. If the link doesn't work just search for eurolines.

http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=188 - http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=188

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:41am
Tried it but they only run one trip a day (it takes 12 hours) and i would have to leavestraight after the match to be back on sunday. Cheers for looking though. Appreciate it. Think my best bet is finding someone whos taking the car over or has a flight they cant take.

Posted By: NewrycityonTour
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:52am
check syscanner.com that is the best way to find flights, it will give every option available

-------------
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:54am
My mate isn't flying back to London with me on Sunday, he's staying for the rugby and is flying back on Monday morning instead. We're meant to fly Cityjet on Sunday but he's flying Ryanair Monday instead now so his Cityjet flight is going wasted.

I'll look into seeing if you can change the name on his Cityjet flight into London city to your name and let you know, I'll give him a shout now.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:56am
AIR FRANCE RETURN FOR ABOUT 50/60 QUID

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:59am
Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

AIR FRANCE RETURN FOR ABOUT 50/60 QUID

air france from london to dublin? u sure LOL. iv already a flight booked for paris newry

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:03am
yEP..THEU DONT FLY DIRECT TO iRELAND BUT STOP IN lONDON..

TRUST ME

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:04am
http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/lond/dub/091113/091115/airfares-to-dublin-from-london-in-november-2009.html - http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/lond/dub/091113/091115/airfares-to-dublin-from-london-in-november-2009.html

Feck they are gone..now 160 rtn cheapest wi ryain air

-------------

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:05am
Can't change a name on a cityjet flight so that's out the window, sorry.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:07am
Your efforts are humbling guys, only in Ireland. Might just leave now and start swimming...

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:39am
Trying to keep the thread alive...still have hope there is someone out there who cant take their flight or somethin

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:49am

Trying to keep the thread alive...still have hope there is someone out there who cant take their flight or somethin

Try London Belfast and train/bus it down - Stansted/Belfast Int about £53 o/w - you would make the game in time but dont know your arranged travel plans after that.

GreenForever has a 4 spare seats going up on the Monday to Belfast might be an option

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:53am
Im from Tyrone so i could get my mates to lift me at the airport before they go down. Who is that with?

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:58am

Im from Tyrone so i could get my mates to lift me at the airport before they go down. Who is that with?

easyjet - it was the first price,you may need to add a few pounds for credit cardetc

KRF, check the return flight costs as flights from Belfast to London on the Mon/Tues are likely to be busy

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

easyjet - it was the first price,you may need to add a few pounds for credit cardetc

If you were a decent chap you'd book it on your credit card and email him the details

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

If you were a decent chap you'd book it on your credit card and email him the details

Sure i might as well just post the details up here...... sure what harm can it do

Anyway i am loaded if the Nigerian email is to be believed.No more steerage for me I will be travelling to SA in first class just like you Wink as soon as the money is cleared-

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 8:50am

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Sure i might as well just post the details up here...... sure what harm can it do

Anyway i am loaded if the Nigerian email is to be believed.No more steerage for me I will be travelling to SA in first class just like you Wink as soon as the money is cleared-

Dont worry Newry, I bit the bullet and im taking the bus. Wouldnt expect u to post any dets on here.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 9:24am
ABSOLUTE BELTER

https://www.raileasy.co.uk/go/home?content=supplement.default

Posted By: Midlands
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 2:02pm
Head to Euston Sailrail to Dublin is £29 pick it up at the counter even on the day - £58 for the return. Includes train and ferry fare all in one.

-------------
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net