Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=11940
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 12:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Boozers closing
Posted By: McG
Subject: Boozers closing
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:38pm
Just got word that two local boozers are closing soon. I dont frequent these particular ones much but its awful depressing thinking they arent an option anymore Cry

Its the end of the road for the local boozer CryCryCry.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Replies:
Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:39pm
Where McG where?

I was planning a Monday night club for the racer on the 16th

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:39pm
Sign of the times alright..........terrible news.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Where McG where?

Ah that's safe....for now.

These two are in our local fishing village.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Where McG where?

Hmmmm...waterside and stream?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:44pm
Waterside and Pierhouse.
Fancy a pint?
Lets keep them open!Cry

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:47pm

Waterside and Pierhouse.
Fancy a pint?
Lets keep them open!Cry

Two sh*tholes anyway but not good`Cry

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 7:20pm
boo hoo, many a pub had no problem fleecing us in the boom times..many still bloody well do..sh*tholes like Dicy Riley's will charge you a fiver in for what your a sh*t pub with sh*t door staff and six euro pints..

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 3:25am
I hear ye Hoskins but at this rate it will only be the likes of Diceys and the "super" pubs and clubs we can drink in.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 4:34am

I hear ye Hoskins but at this rate it will only be the likes of Diceys and the "super" pubs and clubs we can drink in.

Dawson Lounge, Ron Blacks and Cafe en Seine have all gone tits up too. In receivership at the moment. Thats what you get for charging €6 odd for a fooken pint!

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:03am
Originally posted by sausageroll sausageroll wrote:

Dawson Lounge, Ron Blacks and Cafe en Seine have all gone tits up too. In receivership at the moment. Thats what you get for charging €6 odd for a fooken pint!

ClapClap

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:30am

In fairness there isn't much of a difference to me whether the pint is €5.60 or €6, end of the day they are all robbing bastards end of story.

Sure my local is €5 a gargle upstairs, absolute joke.

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:31am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

In fairness there isn't much of a difference to me whether the pint is €5.60 or €6, end of the day they are all robbing bastards end of story.

yeah but in your local that includes a free shot of heroin doesn't it?

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

yeah but in your local that includes a free shot of heroin doesn't it?

It's not Donaghmede FFS! Angry

Just sayin I wouldnt notice an extra 40cent in my sky rocket for a gargle unless I was drinking a serious amount which never happens cos I'm a lightweight Embarrassed

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:47am

Once a pint goes over a fiver I tend to stay away. The orchard in Rathfarnham charges €5.20 and the beer is generaly muck. The place is now dying, so well done charley and fook off!

The one thing the place had going for it was that it had the best looking lounge girls in the area. Docherty's has now firmly taken the crown from them on that front.

-------------

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:47am

Was in Leixlip last night only had 1 as i was driving but a couple of boozers down there charging 3.50 for all pints Clap

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: The_Yank
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Was in Leixlip last night only had 1 as i was driving but a couple of boozers down there charging 3.50 for all pints Clap

I was there in September but only for a footie game then it was back to the boozer in Dunboyne.

-------------
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down

Posted By: SYLT Number 2
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:11am

Where McG where?

In time. Absolute kip.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

boo hoo, many a pub had no problem fleecing us in the boom times..many still bloody well do..sh*tholes like Dicy Riley's will charge you a fiver in for what your a sh*t pub with sh*t door staff and six euro pints..

I think I know that doorman you are talking about, he's not an Irish gentleman, nor Eastern European, further east than that he is and he is not even a big f**ker. He messed up me mates surprise 30th. Went to the door and he wasn't letting people in the group including the 30 year old. Eventually they had to say we are having a f**king surprise birthday for him and you just f**king ruined it

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:16am
3.30 a gargle for me in the belgard. Better not close down, ever!

Posted By: Daz
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I think I know that doorman you are talking about, he's not an Irish gentleman, nor Eastern European, further east than that he is and he is not even a big f**ker. He messed up me mates surprise 30th. Went to the door and he wasn't letting people in the group including the 30 year old. Eventually they had to say we are having a f**king surprise birthday for him and you just f**king ruined it
wha a f**king twat Angry

-------------
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)

Originally posted by Chad Warden Chad Warden wrote:

Where McG where?

In time. Absolute kip.

It's no Foxhound

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:18am

I know Mcg just having a rant as some local pubs are good. But there are plenty of Superpubs hitting the bricks which I'm sheading no tears about The Thomas Reed group & Capitol bars spring to mind

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: SYLT Number 2
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:41am

Originally posted by Chad Warden Chad Warden wrote:

Where McG where?

In time. Absolute kip.

It's no Foxhound

ClapLOL

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:01pm
Another local boozer gone to the wall. Graingers Pubs have been taken over by the banks Cry

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:11pm
My local just expanded the offo making the boozer smaller in the process- bit of live music-dj- late licence etc and so many boozers could turn around their fortunes imo- plenty of boozers in Dublin 15 but barely any of them have any kind of music regularly and hardly any have late licence

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:21pm
Another one bit the dust in Arkla, The Mary B closed its doors a couple of months ago. It was a sh*thole but had a decent pool room and jukebox. He kept the offie open and told me he was better off closing he pub cos he made most of his money in the offie. Sign of the times I suppose! 

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:29pm
reckon greystones must have worst pubs to people ratio in ireland, at least 10,000 people and just the two proper pubs, no chance of either closing

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

reckon greystones must have worst pubs to people ratio in ireland, at least 10,000 people and just the two proper pubs, no chance of either closing

Thats Because Greystones Residents do Restaurants and Dinner PartiesWinkThe Beachhouse is great thoughThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Thats Because Greystones Residents do Restaurants and Dinner PartiesWinkThe Beachhouse is great thoughThumbs Up

good boozer alright, Bray is better though with the Harbour Bar and the Martello, bacbar right next door too, will be out there thurs nightThumbs Up

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:39am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Another local boozer gone to the wall. Graingers Pubs have been taken over by the banks Cry

Where will all the 21st's be held now?
Must have been at around 15 in graingers over a 2 year period.
3 over 2 weekends once

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:57am
Graingers - does that boozer still have a creche in the place?

They did years ago but I think they had to close it.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:14am
Crèche in a boozer
So ye leave the kids in there and then ye get tanked up yeah?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:20am
Creche is long gone Horsey LOL

But that's typical of Grainger he was always trying new angles for trade. There was a protest outside it on Saturday! "SAVE OUR PUB"

I liked Graingers, decent boozer. Live music, good grub and decent drink specials. Apparently buying that kip up your end "Sheaf O'Wheat" was the nail in the coffin. 8 mill Shocked

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:24am
8 million for ANY property in coolock in fukin scandalous

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:44am

But that's typical of Grainger he was always trying new angles for trade. There was a protest outside it on Saturday! "SAVE OUR PUB"

I liked Graingers, decent boozer. Live music, good grub and decent drink specials. Apparently buying that kip up your end "Sheaf O'Wheat" was the nail in the coffin. 8 mill Shocked

Pub should get rid of Sky for a trial period and see hsow they fare, the country survived with 2 TV stations for years or get a freview box and tell Rupert to shove it, too much football with few actually watching it, bars often too noisey cant hear your self speak, and the price of drink - my 2 cents ( Oh and not enough bars selling  Stella Wink)

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:53am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Pub should get rid of Sky for a trial period and see hsow they fare, the country survived with 2 TV stations for years or get a freview box and tell Rupert to shove it, too much football with few actually watching it, bars often too noisey cant hear your self speak, and the price of drink - my 2 cents ( Oh and not enough bars selling  Stella Wink)

And those that do are not frequented by certain people who have 400 cases of stella in their garage Wink

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: kevjreilly
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:56am
Graingers is still open and willbe for a while.€5 carvery dinner cant beat it.
The family own 5-6 pubs so i think one will get the chop soon

-------------
Read it 3 times before posting

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

And those that do are not frequented by certain people who have 400 cases of stella in their garage Wink

only posh people have garages Wink..... I have a shed and it was only 30 cases (now 25Cry )

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 4:35am
Originally posted by kevjreilly kevjreilly wrote:

The banks are running the boozer in Baldoyle and going on what has been heard on the grapevine (havent been in it since the takeover) there are no "Grainger's staff" working in it.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 5:10am
the banks couldnt even run themselves, now they are running pubs

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 5:12am
Originally posted by kevjreilly kevjreilly wrote:

the whole chain is in the hands of the liquidator supposedly, also heard the comet in larkill is in the same boat

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 5:28am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

putting in for a transfer this minute. I spend all my time either in work or the pub so I'm the perfect man for the job.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 5:31am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

putting in for a transfer this minute. I spend all my time either in work or the pub so I'm the perfect man for the job.

You need the banks to move in on kfc pal

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 8:53am
Feel sorry for the Grainger family. Very nice people.

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:21pm
alfie mulligans on leeson street has REOPENED and a great job done inside. im still a houricans loyalist though!

one point about alfie mulligans, fcuking toilet attendant in the place at 5 o clock on a friday Thumbs Down

also, happy to see more suburban pubs given a late license. common sense starting to prevail on licensing. pubs should be allowed open any time of day imo

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

alfie mulligans on leeson street has REOPENED and a great job done inside. im still a houricans loyalist though!

one point about alfie mulligans, fcuking toilet attendant in the place at 5 o clock on a friday Thumbs Down

also, happy to see more suburban pubs given a late license. common sense starting to prevail on licensing. pubs should be allowed open any time of day imo
How many years has that been closed Tom?must be 8years?
Used to love Houricans for a liquid lunch when working on Leeson St
Hartigans also a fine spit-on-the-floor boozer

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:38pm
we were just counting the year last friday - im working in stephens green 4 and a half years and it closed about six months in, so four years,

am a regular in both houricans and hartigans bsm - great pints in both and two pubs were conversation fills the air, not sky rubbish or x factort whinging

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

we were just counting the year last friday - im working in stephens green 4 and a half years and it closed about six months in, so four years,

am a regular in both houricans and hartigans bsm - great pints in both and two pubs were conversation fills the air, not sky rubbish or x factort whinging
very true,jaysus thought it was closed longer then that,will have to put it on my to do list

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:18pm
Bit of a shocker here

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Roll_It_There
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:27pm

Bit of a shocker here
Β 

Can't believe Quinns is closing

-------------
Twitter @roisin_ob

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:30pm
Yeah I walked passed it this evening and its closed, looks like the Big Tree will be the place to go now, although I think they made sh*te of it when it was renovated.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:34pm
Championship Sundays wont be the same

Not that ill have to worry about too often i suppose

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:37pm
All the pubs that are owned by quinns are all in trouble afaik

-------------

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Quinns had it leased out and when IBRC took over he seems to have stopped paying the €30k a month rental saying it was twice the going rate for pub that size and turnover.

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:40pm

Bit of a shocker here
Β 

Was wondering why it was closed the last two days,Shocking!

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:52pm
Dont be to surprised if the likes of the cat and cage, q bar,  messrs maguire,  the barge have problems too

-------------

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Quinns had it leased out and when IBRC took over he seems to have stopped paying the €30k a month rental saying it was twice the going rate for pub that size and turnover.

30K a month Rental - fcuk me thats some pints before you take all the other expenses into into consideration - in all my years going to Croke Park was never in it - either Cat and Cage / Kennedys or Meaghers on the other side - apart from match days did it do much trade

-------------

Posted By: Lodger
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 8:25pm

Dont be to surprised if the likes of the cat and cage, q bar,  messrs maguire,  the barge have problems too

Messrs was taken over last week. Heard the Cat and Cage was shut.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 8:29pm
Heard same about cat and cage, poor bronze14, its about 5 feet from his gaf

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 8:32pm
never did like quinns i must say

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:03pm

It was a Sean Quinn Pub used to love it on match days pre the takeover CryCryCry

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Messrs was taken over last week. Heard the Cat and Cage was shut.
Jaysus did'nt know this had happened already

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:10pm
Guys where was maguires

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:13pm

Its open!It was closed for a weekend just!Seemed to be doing it up just!Big tree is only open now wed-sun, never anyone in it.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:13pm

Messrs Maguires on the Quays there near O'Connell Bridge RF

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:16pm
Always liked Messrs. Was the venue for the innaugeral meeting of the Dublin Monaghan United Supporters Club the morning after the YBIG Xmas do 2 years ago. Messy alright.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Thanks Denis seems too far from HQ to go for a pint but again i was coming from north -Was in Gills twice  good pint-  this was a real Dub Pub not that theres anything wrong with that

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:39pm
RF where you thinking we should head for celebratory pints in Sept then when Down lift Sam again? Though suppose we'll have the games in Croker that we'll win before that to decide upon a suitable venue Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

RF where you thinking we should head for celebratory pints in Sept then when Down lift Sam again? Though suppose we'll have the games in Croker that we'll win before that to decide upon a suitable venue Thumbs Up

At this rate of going PhilliyK we may bring a carryout as there will be no pubs open Confused

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

At this rate of going PhilliyK we may bring a carryout as there will be no pubs open Confused
Wouldnt be like them Dubs to do something like close all the pubs cause the mighty Down men are winning Sam again Thumbs Down   Shocking bad losers but even by their low standards that would be a new low 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:58pm
How many more years are they going to sell us out P

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Its open!It was closed for a weekend just!Seemed to be doing it up just!Big tree is only open now wed-sun, never anyone in it.

Wonder whats going on there... too handy for you that, never known anyone to live any closer to a boozer

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 11:02pm

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Wonder whats going on there... too handy for you that, never known anyone to live any closer to a boozer

Big Tree was open tonight lads, I think it will be going 7 nights of the week now.

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 1:53pm
Devastated. Dont know where Im going to go next year when Mayo are up in Croke Park Cry

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Devastated. Dont know where Im going to go next year when Mayo are up in Croke Park Cry

Dreaming probably Big smile

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Dreaming probably Big smile
LOL

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 2:21pm
huge over supply of pubs in dublin anyway but sad new for any of the people to lose their jobs

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 3:14pm
Can't believe Quinns is closed. Used to drink in their when I was a young fella, and Graingers too. All my old underage drinking haunts are closing down. I hope the Jolly Beggarman is still going at least?

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 3:49pm
I ve managed pubs for the last 15 years, when i took my current position i had seven staff on a saturday night now im down to three on most saturday. Obviously pubs cant compete with tescos when you fork out €900+ a month on sky, live msic, ppi and imro. Pub near me can sell beamish, carling and fosters at  €3 a pint, ( i cant a fford to sell it at that price )the pub is leased and recently shut by the gardai for trading withouth a licence due to it not having tax clearence certificate. its now reopen but the pub has not paid rates of 20k a year for the past three years and rekons he will be gone by the time anything is done about it hardly a level playing pitch imo 

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 4:15pm
When did the Sheaf O Wheat in coolock village close down?

I'd imagine a few places around there are struggling with that whopper Parnells place doing cheap gargle and food

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 4:29pm
Where is Parnells??

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Where is Parnells??
coolock village, beside chanel college

-------------

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 5:06pm
They sold all their old land and then built a huge €22M complex. Seen it there the other night for the first time, incredible scenes really

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 7:09pm
Just after walking past Quinns there and it was open

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Just after walking past Quinns there and it was open

Pub across the road from the job closed a couple of months ago and the bank reopened it a few days later, same here id imagine. Money going to Anglo or whatever theyre called these days

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Thanks Denis seems too far from HQ to go for a pint but again i was coming from north -Was in Gills twice  good pint-  this was a real Dub Pub not that theres anything wrong with that

doesnt even open on non match days, nothing dub !

-------------

Posted By: Carmody 10
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 7:41pm
Quinns is back open.

-------------
Out of order

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 7:44pm
Went a couple of times when we were playing at Croke Park , must say didn't like it but then again too many GAA heads around for my liking Thumbs Down

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

They sold all their old land and then built a huge €22M complex. Seen it there the other night for the first time, incredible scenes really

I heard a lot of that money is unaccounted for.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

I heard a lot of that money is unaccounted for.

Chanel owned the land so they built it together, some serious wedge spent, food is lovely and €3.60 pints are great

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 7:59pm
Super place to eat, there will always be someone saying money is gone missing where clubs are involved

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:01pm
Is it a gaa club??

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:03pm

Is it a gaa club??
Yacht club

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:41pm

Is it a gaa club??
Yacht club

You'd often see them out boating in the river in the memorial park

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 12:56am
Quinns was open when I drove past it tonight

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Posted By: Whelo79
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 11:16am
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/landlord-locks-himself-in-bar-as-ibrc-swoops-on-indebted-pubs-3290672.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/national-news/landlord-locks-himself-in-bar-as-ibrc-swoops-on-indebted-pubs-3290672.html

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 8:03pm
bet you it wasnt the first lock-in at the premises

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 7:44am
The sub in crumlin closed yesterday apparently.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 8:13am

The sub in crumlin closed yesterday apparently.

somewhere above my granda is having a pint to this news. he despised the way it was rebuilt

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net