Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=10442
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Billybob
Posted By: Sono
Subject: Billybob
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 5:54pm
Having watched the Besiktas match tonight, which home support would u think creates a better atmosphere, Besiktas or Manure?

Replies:
Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:05pm
and also can you also admit that Utd too can be very boring when going about getting wins

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:07pm
The whole Champions League is boring at this stage, predicable sh*te unlike the FAI Cup this evening; much more interesting Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:30pm
I was busy training so got home in time to watch the end of the Rovers match.

Champs league is a sh*te competition and im bored of it. They need to go back to knock out rounds all the way through and stop this league carry on and forget about the money.

I'd go to Old Trafford to watch cricket before id go to Old Trafford to watch soccer. 10% from Manchester, 30% from Ireland, 20% from Japan, 10% from India and the remaining 30% from god knows fookin where and you call yourself real supporters??

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

and also can you also admit that Utd too can be very boring when going about getting wins

The whole competition and Premier league is boring

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 6:52am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

I was busy training so got home in time to watch the end of the Rovers match.

Champs league is a sh*te competition and im bored of it. They need to go back to knock out rounds all the way through and stop this league carry on and forget about the money.

I'd go to Old Trafford to watch cricket before id go to Old Trafford to watch soccer. 10% from Manchester, 30% from Ireland, 20% from Japan, 10% from India and the remaining 30% from god knows fookin where and you call yourself real supporters??

You missed out so, absolutely quality they were, Manure fans throwing prawn sandwiches at them from their end telling them to shut up Thumbs%20Down

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:03am
Ye the united fans are all bandwagoners- terrible atmosphere in ot- champions league is crap aswell dont know why they bother holding it anymore tbh shamrock rovers are prob a bit above the champo league- wouldnt lower themselves to that level- be interesting to see what shamrock rovers average attendace was in 06 compared to this year.

24 August 1949, Manchester united beat bolton 3 0 witnessed by 41,748 supporters in old trafford

-10% from Manchester, 30% from Ireland, 20% from Japan, 10% from India and the remaining 30% from god knows fookin where and you call yourself real supporters??

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:10am
bored with the premier league and the champions league myself , knock outs are good in the CL and when its tight at the top of the league its interesting but really i can understand people who are not supporters of the teams calling it a load of me bollo.

if you are a fan of those teams of course you will think differently..

if you are a man u or liverpool fan here though why not take the time to go to the Domestic league games , too many fellas stuck to the armchair and going to liverpool/manchester/london once a month or every two months..

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:14am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

bored with the premier league and the champions league myself , knock outs are good in the CL and when its tight at the top of the league its interesting but really i can understand people who are not supporters of the teams calling it a load of me bollo.

if you are a man u or liverpool fan here though why not take the time to go to the Domestic league games , too many fellas stuck to the armchair and going to liverpool/manchester/london once a month or every two months..

Over the course of a league season there are bound to be plenty of boring games- Look at city arsenal at the weekend though- absolutely full of incident- and 6 goals- then again you have brum villa which was absolute sh*te- happens in every league/ cup- i do think they should go back to the old format in the european cup ie a straight knockout with only the  league winners entering the competition- but with the tv money and that they try to squeeze loadsa average teams into the champo

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Over the course of a league season there are bound to be plenty of boring games- Look at city arsenal at the weekend though- absolutely full of incident- and 6 goals- then again you have brum villa which was absolute sh*te- happens in every league/ cup- i do think they should go back to the old format in the european ie a straight knockout with only the  league winners entering the competition- but with the tv money and that they try to squeeze loadsa average teams into the champo

the thing is when its your own team you are glued to it but if you are not a fan of these teams you just think , meh , man u v barca again ?? inter v liverpool again ?? milan v ah jaysis  who cares..

i think they are killing the fatted calf for sure..

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:19am

Over the course of a league season there are bound to be plenty of boring games- Look at city arsenal at the weekend though- absolutely full of incident- and 6 goals- then again you have brum villa which was absolute sh*te- happens in every league/ cup- i do think they should go back to the old format in the european ie a straight knockout with only the  league winners entering the competition- but with the tv money and that they try to squeeze loadsa average teams into the champo

the thing is when its your own team you are glued to it but if you are not a fan of these teams you just think , meh , man u v barca again ?? inter v liverpool again ?? milan v ah jaysis  who cares..

i think they are killing the fatted calf for sure..

Ye i totally agree with that as i said they squeeze as many teams into it as they can- like who the fook wants to watch kiev against kasan kasan or what ever the fook their called

-------------

Posted By: Toto Riina
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Having watched the Besiktas match tonight, which home support would u think creates a better atmosphere, Besiktas or Manure?

Villa's fans are far far better than all english club fans in europe Sono..Shockedoh no wait!!

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 2:22pm
Toto - You needed to be on the balcony in the Mon Repos on the Thursday night room number 202 to understand the joke  Confused

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 2:24pm
Was at United vs Watford FA Cup Semi Final in Villa Park a couple of years ago and it was the best atmosphere Ive experienced at a football match..Also United vs Barca Champions League Semi Final 2 years ago was unbelieveable.

Not many home supports in the PL cover themselves in glory,the hardcore away support is always better than the home fans..

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Posted By: Patman Scoop
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 2:33pm
I can feel Vivakenbarlow's blood boiling from here !! LOL

-------------
Why no wine??!

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:11am
Lads sorry I have to disagree wit a few of ye !! besiktas was million times better..hardcore !!

I'm a united fan and have been at about 25 matches in the last 16 years and I have always thought the atmosphere was sh*t.
- I went to watch Salzburg in Trappas last match 2yrs ago, and the atmosphere was 10 times better.
- I was at Sheff Wed-Sheff Utd Match last year and atmosphere was electric, again 10 times better.

I could list off 5/6 other examples where atmosphere was alot better.
In OT half the fans don't know songs, and are generally quiet !!

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:52am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Lads sorry I have to disagree wit a few of ye !! besiktas was million times better..hardcore !!

I'm a united fan and have been at about 25 matches in the last 16 years and I have always thought the atmosphere was sh*t.
- I went to watch Salzburg in Trappas last match 2yrs ago, and the atmosphere was 10 times better.
- I was at Sheff Wed-Sheff Utd Match last year and atmosphere was electric, again 10 times better.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Posted By: greenarmy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:11am

Its the same everywhere though. With 75000 supporters at OT you are always going to get people who dont care about generating an atmosphere. Look at Ireland games at Croke Park. Been to most home Utd games the last few seasons at OT and some games atmosphere has been
class and others not so good. Away games have always a great atmosphere though

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:15am
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

Its the same everywhere though. With 75000 supporters at OT you are always going to get people who dont care about generating an atmosphere. Look at Ireland games at Croke Park. Been to most home Utd games the last few seasons at OT and some games atmosphere has been
class and others not so good. Away games have always a great atmosphere though

Well said- in fairness the atmosphere is always better among away fans- was in the united end against liverpool three times and the united end in elland road once- the atmosphere in elland road was unreal- electric- it was gas in anfield it was quiet as fook united fans kept singing- wheres your famous atmosphere- the united barca game in ot in 08 was unreal- a lot of games in ot where the atmosphere aint great but sure its the same at loads of grounds- been at about 6 or 7 pool home games never once experienced a decent atmosphere there

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:38am
can i ask the people here who sl*gs uniteds atmosphere how many times they have actually been at old trafford to hear the atmosphere?

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

can i ask the people here who sl*gs uniteds atmosphere how many times they have actually been at old trafford to hear the atmosphere?

good point.its Keane's fault that the reputation is there!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:45am

Once - Manure v Chelsea last season 3-0

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:47am

Once - Manure v Chelsea last season 3-0

So your basing your opinon on one game Confused

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:48am
id say the atmosphere was good at that??Cheering John Terry every time he touched the ball etc?!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:51am
Lads I couldnt care less about the atmosphere in OT it was more of a joke from Ayia Napa that I was getting at!

VIVA JOHN TERRY!!

Oh and Irwin if the atmosphere is not good at a Man u Chelsea game when is it gonna be good? Maybe Stoke at home?? ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:55am

Lads I couldnt care less about the atmosphere in OT it was more of a joke from Ayia Napa that I was getting at!

VIVA JOHN TERRY!!

Oh and Irwin if the atmosphere is not good at a Man u Chelsea game when is it gonna be good? Maybe Stoke at home?? ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

fair point..

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 12:57pm
Wait till Barlow sees these replies Approve

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:02pm

VIVA JOHN TERRY!!

Saying ye couldnt care less bout it followed by bringing the subject up againClap

I was at a birmingham "DERBY"LOL in January between Villa and West Brom
I think my ears are still ringing from the white hot atmosphere-LOL
Hardly any wonder Villa only won 5 league games at home last season-
Teams hardly feel too intimidated by playing in villa park-
The United fans gave Terry dogs abuse so soon after such a big miss in a european cup final that defo affected his performance-
How often do Chelsea concede 3?
They conceded 3 that day against united-
No coincidence United have such a good home record

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:03pm
He's loading his rifle @ the moment !! LOL

-------------
Why no wine??!

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:04pm

VIVA JOHN TERRY!!

Saying ye couldnt care less bout it followed by bringing the subject up againClap

I was at a birmingham "DERBY"LOL in January between Villa and West Brom
I think my ears are still ringing from the white hot atmosphere-LOL
Hardly any wonder Villa only won 5 league games at home last season-
Teams hardly feel too intimidated by playing in villa park-
The United fans gave Terry dogs abuse so soon after such a big miss in a european cup final that defo affected his performance-
How often do Chelsea concede 3?
They conceded 3 that day against united-
No coincidence United have such a good home record

LOL Clap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:04pm

If you want atmosphere im sorry but the only place to get it is outside the premier league

-------------
Why no wine??!

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

If you want atmosphere im sorry but the only place to get it is outside the premier league

In fairness Pat id love to see Leeds back in the premiership- elland road was defo an experience i wont forget! Great atmosphere

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:07pm

ClapClapClapClap LOLLOLLOLLOL

Birmingham derby is Villa v Birmingham ya muppet.

Atmosphere was fookin sh*te in OT that day, 76000 fans and fookin sh*te the MAJORITY of them.

Not one fan around me sang that day, not one.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:08pm

DIRTY LEEDS

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:10pm

Atmosphere was fookin sh*te in OT that day, 76000 fans and fookin sh*te the MAJORITY of them.

Wiki West Brom- The team have played in blue and white stripes for most of their history. They have a number of long-standing rivalries with other Midlands clubs; their traditional rivals were http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Villa_F.C. - Aston Villa -

I have been at a funeral with a better atmosphere than villa park

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:12pm
Must have been some funeral ya freak.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:13pm
Right im off to watch villa in the europa league- oh wait......................

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:14pm
Don't let us keep ya so...

LOL

-------------

Posted By: brianie

LOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:20pm
So true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjIk2msj1Ho&feature=related - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjIk2msj1Ho&feature=related

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:21pm
so those fans crying on the telly in Villa Park..

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:25pm

in fairness sono, the hard core fans have been driven out of OT, too many day trippers there now, that was your first trip there and im sure there was plent of other ppl like you there for the first time so of course theres not going to ba an atmosphere

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 7:47am

in fairness sono, the hard core fans have been driven out of OT, too many day trippers there now, that was your first trip there and im sure there was plent of other ppl like you there for the first time so of course theres not going to ba an atmosphere

Thats what we are saying, atmosphere is always gonna be sh*t cos of day trippers !!  Victims of their own success

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 12:20pm

The voice of reasonThumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 12:24pm
Old Trafford and Anfield are full of day trippers who bring their cameras and take loads of pictures to show the mates when they get home that they were there.
Two grounds that once had decent atmospheres are now dead for the majority of matches

Liverpool are still living off the fame of the old Kop and even have campaigns to get rid of the day trippers - Out Of Towners Out is what it's called I believe

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Old Trafford and Anfield are full of day trippers who bring their cameras and take loads of pictures to show the mates when they get home that they were there.
Two grounds that once had decent atmospheres are now dead for the majority of matches

Liverpool are still living off the fame of the old Kop and even have campaigns to get rid of the day trippers - Out Of Towners Out is what it's called I believe

Put a lot of thought into that name

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 12:31pm

Howya Gerk Clap

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 12:32pm
Any regrets????

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's called RTK Reclaim the Kop

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 5:25am

Clap

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 5:32am

My point exactly. The same is happening at Rovers...apparently there were two coach loads of folk just off the ferry to come and see the famous Hoops in action against Bray.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 8:42am
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Any regrets????

I've had a few

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 8:43am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Think they are 2 different campaigns by two different groups
Liverpool always have a load of campaigns on the go!!

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Think they are 2 different campaigns by two different groups
Liverpool always have a load of campaigns on the go!!

Dirty scousers- sure most of them are unemployed they need something to fill their timeLOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net