You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prices in your local

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:37pm
My local at home is.

Stout €3.90
Lager €4.20

Local in London is

Stout £3.40
Lager £3.70
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:39pm
Pints £2.50
5 bottles of any beer £10
2 shorts and mixed £5

Have change from 30quid most nights!
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

On a side note anyone a fan of green diesel? Can get a pint of it at home for a €10. Saves you from buying a vodka or shots as you can sip away on it and has the same effect as a few vodkas or sprits.  

Whats it that? would drink skittles odd time, smirnoff ice, 2 southern comfort, red lemonade in pint glass

Incidentally, dew drop cheapest pint I've ever had (bar O'Reilly's), round €3.60 mark
2 southern comfort and a blue wkd.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:46pm

On a side note anyone a fan of green diesel? Can get a pint of it at home for a €10. Saves you from buying a vodka or shots as you can sip away on it and has the same effect as a few vodkas or sprits.  

Whats it that? would drink skittles odd time, smirnoff ice, 2 southern comfort, red lemonade in pint glass

Incidentally, dew drop cheapest pint I've ever had (bar O'Reilly's), round €3.60 mark

a fan of the rocket diesel meself double southern comfort with a dash of west coast cooler
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Sitting at the bar now, €4.40 Carlsberg and €4 for porter. Had a bag of King a while ago €1 for a huge kingsize bag, hard to bate the dinner for €1

Good to read that your new Healthy Lifestyle is continuing in style
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
4.30 for a Guinness in the Belgard.  Mrs gets a large of bottle of Prosecco in the Offy next door which you can bring into the lounge.  Prosecco usually 8-9 euro, sometimes they'll charge the 4 quid for corkage, but as we'd be regulars, staff normally on the ball don't charge the corkage. Thumbs Up
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:51pm

Skittles and Green Diesel, sounds like ive 2 new drinks to try this weekend.

As for prices, my 3 local pubs are fairly crap so I normally head into to the city and I normally just drink whatevers cheapest
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by shoggy shoggy wrote:

Pints £2.50
5 bottles of any beer £10
2 shorts and mixed £5

Have change from 30quid most nights!
You's have your own alcohol laundering plant there too?

Pints £3.20
Guiness £3(or could be £3.10)
Vodka's about £2.70 I think (usually dont bother asking price as to wasted by time on them)

Know the prices are up recently due to insurance costs and fact the bar has some connection to diego 

5 miles away in portaferry(not somewhere I would often frequent these days) recently found out pints are only £2.60 Big smile
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

a fan of the rocket diesel meself double southern comfort with a dash of west coast cooler
Deco EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Seany do ye's still drink that sh*te down there?
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:59pm
Pints of Carlsberg / stout/ smithwicks etc £2.80
Bottles of Bud/Coors etc £2.80
Pint bottles of Magners £3.50
All Shorts £2.20
Crisps 60p
Soft Drink £1.30
Mixers £1.10

Edited by Rostrevor Fan - 06 Aug 2013 at 8:01pm
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

double southy and the dash of west coast cooler some rocket fuel il show u at sweden game
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Sitting at the bar now, €4.40 Carlsberg and €4 for porter. Had a bag of King a while ago €1 for a huge kingsize bag, hard to bate the dinner for €1

Good to read that your new Healthy Lifestyle is continuing in style

Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

the theory is the further you go away from the brewing/distribution depot (e.g. Dublin or Cork) the cheaper the alcohol...why are they allowed to get away with it?  Confused

Higher rent rates I'D imagine in these major urban centres 

I get the fact that some premises are paying rent but a lot of pubs in Dublin are owned by the same folks for several generations and have no mortgage/rent. At the same time staff costs cannot be much greater in Dublin as in the West surely to justify the high prices.

For example I'm currently off the drink for medical reasons and after the faroes game I purchased a bottle of non-alcoholic beer in a pub in Dublin which cost me €5! That's roughly €1.50 more than I pay for the same non-alco beer in London.

So what other costs are there in Dublin that drive the price of a pint higher than the west. After all the alcohol has to be transported to the west too. 

Most pubs in England are brewery owed - freehouses are not the norm - The breweries have exclusive sales of their product so its cheaper. In Ireland there are huge insurance costs, Public liability ( people claim alot in Ireland) - double pay on sundays, bank holidays - holiday pay e.t.c. - our minimum wage is way higher than england. 7.30euro per hour uk and 8.65 euro in Ireland. Ireland also abides by every crazy health and safety act that europe invents.

As well - I am sure many people borrowed in the good times to make renovations, beer gardens, smoking areas - facelift so most do have some sort of credit - hell an accountant would advise it as the interest can be used as a cost.

The service industry is very expensive in Ireland -

But I'm not comparing England to Ireland.

The above lines highlighted in bold can apply to pubs whether they are Dublin, Cork or Donegal. 

So why is Dublin so much more expensive for say Guinness when the stuff is brewed in the City?

sorry i focused on this line - an't make bold

For example I'm currently off the drink for medical reasons and after the faroes game I purchased a bottle of non-alcoholic beer in a pub in Dublin which cost me €5! That's roughly €1.50 more than I pay for the same non-alco beer in London.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:07pm
You can keep it Deco, would rather drink the slops at the end of the night Thumbs Up

Edited by PhilliyK - 06 Aug 2013 at 8:08pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Blue wkd? They seem to have it in bars wherever I go so somebody drinks it. Would only have it myself with a green diesel.

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:10pm
donegal must be one the cheapest place to drink in. bar id be in most have several largers at €3 fosters,carling,tuborg) do double vodka and mixer €5 and even the more popular draft beers are around €4.10. not sure price of bulmers or guiness but will look next time im in

would be a fan of green diesel as well seany as well as the jagger bombs. most places up here do 3/4 jaggers for €10. and 1 the nightclubs has introduced a bomb bar with all drinks €3 at in 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:18pm
Guinness 3.90 (4.70)
Bud/Heineken/Bulmers 4.40 (5.00)
Carlsberg 4.30 (5.00)
Tuborg 3.00 (all the time)
Large Bulmers 5.20 (5.90)
Bottled lager/cider 4.50 (5.00)
Bar snacks €1 
Late prices in brackets. 

Edited by Metal Paul - 06 Aug 2013 at 8:23pm
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic