You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prices in your local

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Whats the craic with these in England price wise? I mean has it forced other more expensive pubs to drop prices a bit or is it a case of as it was, and have a few cheap ones before moving on? 

The latter - There are 3 in the middle of town where I am and they don't have any impact on the prices in the other bars. People around don't generally go out just to drink so they cheap and un-cheerful does appeal to everyone. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Whats the craic with these in England price wise? I mean has it forced other more expensive pubs to drop prices a bit or is it a case of as it was, and have a few cheap ones before moving on? 

The latter - There are 3 in the middle of town where I am and they don't have any impact on the prices in the other bars. People around don't generally go out just to drink so they cheap and un-cheerful does appeal to everyone. 
Going by the few I’ve been in over there, they seem to attract sorts that wouldnt go to a pub normally also. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:59pm
The few I've been in ,I wouldn't spend the day drinking in them.Alright for a cheap pint or two before moving elsewhere.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:03pm
Here in Cambridge they have coffin dodgers and alcoholics in the daytime, with a brief infiltration of the cheap office lunch, followed by the functioning alcoholics in the evening and students at night. At the weekend they get the town and village mob who want a cheap night in the bigger town, followed by a bit of pavement dancing with the world's most aggressive bouncers. I think they are open until three on Friday and Saturday.
They wouldn't have that much of a crossover with the other pubs.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:19pm

The Spoons in Leeds train station is good craic on match days. It opens at 6am and is pretty lively by 8:30am. 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:21pm
I could think of nothing worse than sitting in a wetherspoons for a day sessionDead
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:25pm
One opening in Abbey st May, potential carnage.
Out of order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

One opening in Abbey st May, potential carnage.
Yeah mentioned a page or two ago, huge potential to be very entertain8ng.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

One opening in Abbey st May, potential carnage.<!-- Overall parsing time: 95 ms -->
<!-- rules timer: 0 ms -->
<!-- Collapse rules timer: 0 ms -->
<!-- injection timer: 0 ms -->

Abbey Street is already knackeragua. It'll be carnage.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:07am
What would make you change your local? If price went up 20c, 50c, would you move? Surely the allure is that its close and you know the clientele.

Think the only thing that would make me move would be if it changed the target market (eg became a hipster craft beer pub instead of a local to watch sports)
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

What would make you change your local? If price went up 20c, 50c, would you move? Surely the allure is that its close and you know the clientele.

Think the only thing that would make me move would be if it changed the target market (eg became a hipster craft beer pub instead of a local to watch sports)

Any of the pubs that I stopped frequenting had nothing to do with price increases.2 of them went badly downhill,clientele went to f**k and both places were being ran into the ground.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:47am

fan of craft beer myself and a few decent spots in Cork Clap
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Craft beer is such a w**ker term. Just call it beer ffs, sure all beer has been crafted. Can i call heineken a craft beer? "Oh look at me I drink craft beer", ye are up there with wine knobs. Nothing more boring than some **** harping on about a lovely "craft" beer he had called platypus anus that had hints of java. f**k off and just call it beer and that it was nice.

Think this has to go into things that annoy the fook out of you thread.

Edited by drog addict - 31 Jan 2019 at 10:01am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Craft beer is such a w**ker term. Just call it beer ffs, sure all beer has been crafted. Can i call heineken a craft beer? "Oh look at me I drink craft beer", ye are up there with wine knobs. Nothing more boring than some **** harping on about a lovely "craft" beer he had called platypus anus that had hints of java. f**k off and just call it beer and that it was nice.

couldnt agree more. Scientist you crafty ****
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:09am

Go back to Waterford will yer Embarrassed
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

couldnt agree more. Scientist you crafty ****

Tic Tac is a fan of the decent Red Wine also lads. none of that Aldi or Jacobs Creek sh*te Clap

****s who drink Heineken and Coors Thumbs Down Pure piss Water! 

Sparkling Water lads ClapClap Get with the modern times 
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:27am

Image result for craft beer w**ker
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 1:34pm

There could be many potential circumstances that could possibly make you change your local besides hipster w**kers. Examples include

Bad Guinness that tears the hole off you
Getting raped in the jack's which will tear the hole off you
Priests drink there which could result in you getting the hole tore off you
Racial abuse 
Change of ownership and barstaff who are w**kers
Don't turn on the heating when it's -3 outside
If it happened to be full of Rovers fans
If it happens to be full of EPL lovers going around calling each other Manc and Scouse bastards
If they run out of alcohol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
  Share Topic