You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prices in your local

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prices in your local
    Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:35pm
Whats your local charge? West way cheaper?

Beach House, Greystones

Mines;
Bottle Paulaner/Spatten 500ml €4
Guinness €4.70
Standard Lager €5 (Tiger 5.15)
Bulmers Pint Bottle €5.30
Picther Miller €12

Bacon Fries €1.50

Edited by nvidic - 06 Aug 2013 at 7:00pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Whats your local charge? West way cheaper?

Mines;
Bottle Paulaner/Spatten 500ml €4
Guinness €4.70
Standard Lager €5 (Tiger 5.15)
Bulmers Pint Bottle €5.30
Picther Miller €12

Bacon Fries €1.50

Guinness €3.90
Standard Lager €4.40 .I think that's how much any of the lagers are,never drink them.A pint of tuborg is €3.
Bulmers Pint Bottle €4.90

Bacon Fries €1.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:49pm
guinness €4
lager €4.40
pint bottle €4.80
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:50pm
the reality is the further you go away from the brewing/distribution depot (e.g. Dublin or Cork) the cheaper the alcohol...why are they allowed to get away with it?  Confused

Edited by colemanY2K - 06 Aug 2013 at 6:53pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:52pm
Local in Westport

Guinness €3.75
Carlsberg €4.20/30
Heineken  €4.20/30
Tayto 60cent
Bacon Fries 1.20 (roughly)

Cheapest and nicest pint of Guinness probably in Mayo 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

the theory is the further you go away from the brewing/distribution depot (e.g. Dublin or Cork) the cheaper the alcohol...why are they allowed to get away with it?  Confused

Higher rent rates I'D imagine in these major urban centres 
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:56pm
Tuborg 3.90 that's all I know of
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Used to drink that pish in college. Do you drink it on draft? 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

the theory is the further you go away from the brewing/distribution depot (e.g. Dublin or Cork) the cheaper the alcohol...why are they allowed to get away with it?  Confused

I get the fact that some premises are paying rent but a lot of pubs in Dublin are owned by the same folks for several generations and have no mortgage/rent. At the same time staff costs cannot be much greater in Dublin as in the West surely to justify the high prices.

For example I'm currently off the drink for medical reasons and after the faroes game I purchased a bottle of non-alcoholic beer in a pub in Dublin which cost me €5! That's roughly €1.50 more than I pay for the same non-alco beer in London.

So what other costs are there in Dublin that drive the price of a pint higher than the west. After all the alcohol has to be transported to the west too. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:05pm

If I was to go out drinking at home, straight to the pub club etc I could get well oiled for around €60-€80. It would probably double that in Dublin to have the same amount of drinks.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

If I was to go out drinking at home, straight to the pub club etc I could get well oiled for around €60-€80. It would probably double that in Dublin to have the same amount of drinks.

did a crawl in dub fri, from what i can remember, for a pint of bulmers

Pygmallion €4.75
market bar €5.20
Mercantile €5.10, later €5.90
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

did a crawl in dub fri, from what i can remember, for a pint of bulmers

Pygmallion €4.75
market bar €5.20
Mercantile €5.10, later €5.90
Was paying €5 for pints of Carlsberg in Slattery's last Saturday. Can't remember what I was paying for drink in Diceys or Coppers but the bank balance was extremely slim the next morning.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:19pm
Sitting at the bar now, €4.40 Carlsberg and €4 for porter. Had a bag of King a while ago €1 for a huge kingsize bag, hard to bate the dinner for €1
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:19pm

I get the fact that some premises are paying rent but a lot of pubs in Dublin are owned by the same folks for several generations and have no mortgage/rent. At the same time staff costs cannot be much greater in Dublin as in the West surely to justify the high prices.

For example I'm currently off the drink for medical reasons and after the faroes game I purchased a bottle of non-alcoholic beer in a pub in Dublin which cost me €5! That's roughly €1.50 more than I pay for the same non-alco beer in London.

So what other costs are there in Dublin that drive the price of a pint higher than the west. After all the alcohol has to be transported to the west too. 

Most pubs in England are brewery owed - freehouses are not the norm - The breweries have exclusive sales of their product so its cheaper. In Ireland there are huge insurance costs, Public liability ( people claim alot in Ireland) - double pay on sundays, bank holidays - holiday pay e.t.c. - our minimum wage is way higher than england. 7.30euro per hour uk and 8.65 euro in Ireland. Ireland also abides by every crazy health and safety act that europe invents.

As well - I am sure many people borrowed in the good times to make renovations, beer gardens, smoking areas - facelift so most do have some sort of credit - hell an accountant would advise it as the interest can be used as a cost.

The service industry is very expensive in Ireland -
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:24pm
On a side note anyone a fan of green diesel? Can get a pint of it at home for a €10. Saves you from buying a vodka or shots as you can sip away on it and has the same effect as a few vodkas or sprits.  
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Most pubs in England are brewery owed - freehouses are not the norm - The breweries have exclusive sales of their product so its cheaper. In Ireland there are huge insurance costs, Public liability ( people claim alot in Ireland) - double pay on sundays, bank holidays - holiday pay e.t.c. - our minimum wage is way higher than england. 7.30euro per hour uk and 8.65 euro in Ireland. Ireland also abides by every crazy health and safety act that europe invents.

As well - I am sure many people borrowed in the good times to make renovations, beer gardens, smoking areas - facelift so most do have some sort of credit - hell an accountant would advise it as the interest can be used as a cost.

The service industry is very expensive in Ireland -

But I'm not comparing England to Ireland.

The above lines highlighted in bold can apply to pubs whether they are Dublin, Cork or Donegal. 

So why is Dublin so much more expensive for say Guinness when the stuff is brewed in the City?
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Used to drink that pish in college. Do you drink it on draft? 

Decent pint. A bit heady though
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:27pm

On a side note anyone a fan of green diesel? Can get a pint of it at home for a €10. Saves you from buying a vodka or shots as you can sip away on it and has the same effect as a few vodkas or sprits.  

Whats it that? would drink skittles odd time, smirnoff ice, 2 southern comfort, red lemonade in pint glass

Incidentally, dew drop cheapest pint I've ever had (bar O'Reilly's), round €3.60 mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
  Share Topic