Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price of Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Well you certainly couldn't be unemployed and go to games. I know it's almost 30 years ago but I was getting into the White Hart Lane for £4 when I lived in London.
Me too.

Remember paying 4 pounds into Stamford Bridge and 3.50 into Selhurst back in mid 90s.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:09am

Well you certainly couldn't be unemployed and go to games. I know it's almost 30 years ago but I was getting into the White Hart Lane for £4 when I lived in London.

Yeah RL but a grown man having to dress up as a school boy is a bit humiliating unless your Angus Young
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:13am
Sad thing is most people see the alternative of "not being able to afford Premiership/Championship football" as watching it on TV, rather than "go to football that you can afford".

There's a generation that think football is a TV show. Not sure how you can convince them otherwise.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:23am
Some of the prices further down are starting to get a bit pricy too. It is 24 quid for an away end ticket at Kenilworth road tomorrow, four pounds dearer than last year. Barnet was the same price. 'Twenty's plenty' not filtering down, it seems.
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:39am
The corporate fan and day tripper is seen as more important than the fan for life unfortunately. 10 people sitting in front of me at Ireland match other night, some with shag all interest in the game, arrive late, leave for half time pints early, come back late and leave early again for more pints, this is the fan clubs (and to an extent FAI) want, not disruptive and will just sing along with what they're told.

People need to understand that going to a football match is more than just the quality of football on the pitch, its a social activity to meet friends/family and experience actual emotion of watching your team, win or lose.  It can't be compared to a trip to the cinema or other possible activities that people sometimes make reference to, it's experience in itself that you have to go on a regular basis to really understand. Banging on about mental transfer fees or "Super Sunday" is not what football is about but it's a battle that's all but lost.
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by sullo-bohs sullo-bohs wrote:

The corporate fan and day tripper is seen as more important than the fan for life unfortunately. 10 people sitting in front of me at Ireland match other night, some with shag all interest in the game, arrive late, leave for half time pints early, come back late and leave early again for more pints, this is the fan clubs (and to an extent FAI) want, not disruptive and will just sing along with what they're told.

People need to understand that going to a football match is more than just the quality of football on the pitch, its a social activity to meet friends/family and experience actual emotion of watching your team, win or lose.  It can't be compared to a trip to the cinema or other possible activities that people sometimes make reference to, it's experience in itself that you have to go on a regular basis to really understand. Banging on about mental transfer fees or "Super Sunday" is not what football is about but it's a battle that's all but lost.

Sounds like some of the players to be honest
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:14pm

I've known of those claiming the dole Wednesday morning to then head across to Liverpool for a champs league game
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

I've known of those claiming the dole Wednesday morning to then head across to Liverpool for a champs league game

"Gi's a job, go on, Gi's it.....I coulda been a footballer..only I had a paper round"

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 17 Nov 2017 at 1:20pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by sullo-bohs sullo-bohs wrote:

Sounds like some of the players to be honest

Funniest thing you have wrote in years - that new script writer is paying dividends
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Football doesn't need local fans anymore. As long as the lucrative oversea markets keep bringing in the sheep that pay ridiculous amounts to come for a match, they're fine. And they get away with it.
A sad state of affairs, but simply the reality when there is such a demand and only so much supply.

It's no longer the working mans' game.

Following the backlash in 2016, local fans can now get into Anfield for £9. Mind you, you have to register yourself and your address in advance with the club to qualify, but not every club charges London prices.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 3:43pm
The £299 season tickets at Man City represent serious value for anyone lucky enough to get one

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The £299 season tickets at Man City represent serious value for anyone lucky enough to get one

Incredible price.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 5:22pm
Was at Man City v Arsenal a few weeks ago, £56, went to same fixture at Arsenal last season £97 😳
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 10:31am
Bayern fans, not for the first time, demonstrate against Prices (in the CL) - between 70€ and 100€ for an away ticket
http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.waehrend-champions-league-spiel-protest-gegen-wucher-bayern-fans-werfen-geldscheine.3d69fa94-2323-4c40-9194-39233f90ae21.html
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 7:40am
Man U tickets v Derby in the FA Cup £45 I thought the price might have been cheaper for the early rounds like a lot of clubs do these days.

Edited by Double Maxim - 12 Dec 2017 at 7:43am
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:10am

They have to try fill the stadium some way.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

They have to try fill the stadium some way.

snore
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 4:53pm
Tickets for Middlesbrough v Sunderland FA Cup tie for Sunderland fans adults £13 for season card holders and £15 for non season card holders.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
  Share Topic