You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price of Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

TNC Racist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 35 pages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 10:33pm
Mario there is sh*t loads of hotels in paris.
Sponsored Links

Diego View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 10:49pm
No shortage of accommodation in paris
Silvio Dante View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvio Dante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 11:04pm
IBIS at Gard de Nord, beside the main train station is offering a room for €29 on the 13th...! I'll have some of that. :)
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 11:21pm
Dublin Amsterdam Sat- night in Mollys
Sun Train to Paris
Sun Mon nights Paris
Tues Fly Bordeaux
Tue to Mon Bordeaux (or possible La Rochelle)
Mon Fly to Lille
mon to Fri Lille
no return flight booked as in poland, 

All flights and hotels under a grand, very happy with that 

Edited by greenforever - 13 Dec 2015 at 11:22pm
I know nothing :-)
Silvio Dante View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvio Dante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 11:21pm
OK, ignore my previous post, that is the price for Gard de Nord, Bucharest.. :D
CheltenhamGreen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheltenhamGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 11:25pm
We're in Executive Hotel Paris Gennevilliers for the Sweden game. 70 euro a night. Looks good
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 1:27am
Who the flights with GF?
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 1:42am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Dublin Amsterdam Sat- night in Mollys
Sun Train to Paris
Sun Mon nights Paris
Tues Fly Bordeaux
Tue to Mon Bordeaux (or possible La Rochelle)
Mon Fly to Lille
mon to Fri Lille
no return flight booked as in poland, 

All flights and hotels under a grand, very happy with that 

Have the exact same as yourself, flying DUB-AMS 6.45AM on the 12th and straight to the train to paris then. flights only €47 from Paris to Bordeaux aswell you'd want to be mad to get the train. plan on spending 5/6 days in bordeaux as its a lot nicer than Paris and Lille
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 1:48am
Sure the train out to the airport is about one third of the time to Bordeaux and then the hour before is the other third and the flight itself and taxing will be the final third. Reckon city centrie to city centre they are roughly the same time and roughly same price.
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 2:04am
It takes 30 mins to get from Paris city centre to Orly. Relax in the airport with a few beers than and then fly to Bordeaux in just an hour. Most trains from Paris to Bordeaux take 3-4 hours.

Edited by The White Cafu - 14 Dec 2015 at 2:06am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:00am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

It takes 30 mins to get from Paris city centre to Orly. Relax in the airport with a few beers than and then fly to Bordeaux in just an hour. Most trains from Paris to Bordeaux take 3-4 hours.

I've the train booked for €19. 3h14m.

Door to door time is under four hours. I'll be leaving my accommodation in Paris 30 minutes before the train leaves and accommodation in Bordeaux is ten minutes walk from the train station. That's 3h54m total.

If I flew, I'd be allowing 45 minutes to get to the airport from where our apartment is in Paris. With check in and security, I'd want to be there an hour before departure. It's a 1h05m flight, so that's touchdown at 2h50m after leaving. It always takes about 20 minutes to get through an airport. The bus in Bordeaux takes thirty minutes to get to the train station. It's a direct bus, non stop, and that's how long it takes. Adding on the ten minute walk to the accommodation, that's a total travel time, door to door, of about 3h50m. Air fare is €47, plus add on the extra bus in Bordeaux, and the increased cost of getting to Orly in Paris as opposed to Montparnasse, makes it about €60 total, or €40 more than the train.

But yeah, taking the direct train to Bordeaux is "mad", as opposed to the sensible option of the train to Orly, plane to Bordeaux and bus into the city, which is more hassle, more changes, more stress and more cost.

Even if it is an hour quicker, so what? It's not like you're in a massive rush anyway.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:11am
€12.05 for the metro and shuttle to Orly. €7.20 for the bus in Bordeaux. Add that to the €47 airfare. That makes it €66.25.

Compare that to €1.80 for a metro ticket to Montparnasse, taking the total fare to €20.80. Trains are only marginally over three hours.

The madness is flying. There's no rush to get there and the train is much less stress.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 6:56am
@SD - Bit of advice if you don't mind.  I'm getting a train into Paris Nord and have to transfer to Montparnasse for the train to Bordeaux.  I have just an hour to make the transfer.  I assume metro is the way to go but wondering is it straightforward and is an hour long enough?  Also can I buy metro tickets in advance?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:37am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I've the train booked for €19. 3h14m.

Door to door time is under four hours. I'll be leaving my accommodation in Paris 30 minutes before the train leaves and accommodation in Bordeaux is ten minutes walk from the train station. That's 3h54m total.

If I flew, I'd be allowing 45 minutes to get to the airport from where our apartment is in Paris. With check in and security, I'd want to be there an hour before departure. It's a 1h05m flight, so that's touchdown at 2h50m after leaving. It always takes about 20 minutes to get through an airport. The bus in Bordeaux takes thirty minutes to get to the train station. It's a direct bus, non stop, and that's how long it takes. Adding on the ten minute walk to the accommodation, that's a total travel time, door to door, of about 3h50m. Air fare is €47, plus add on the extra bus in Bordeaux, and the increased cost of getting to Orly in Paris as opposed to Montparnasse, makes it about €60 total, or €40 more than the train.

But yeah, taking the direct train to Bordeaux is "mad", as opposed to the sensible option of the train to Orly, plane to Bordeaux and bus into the city, which is more hassle, more changes, more stress and more cost.

Even if it is an hour quicker, so what? It's not like you're in a massive rush anyway.

What site did you get this off? anywhere i looked for train the prices were massive. To be honest i didn't look into it properly and read on the internet that most trains take 4-6 hours from Paris to Bordeaux, nothing booked yet.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:48am
You can book the train on http://www.sncf.com/en/services/tickets-bookings

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:35am
Captaintrain.com is a better site than sncf.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 12:47pm
superdave on the ball as always helpfulThumbs Up
McNulty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 12:54pm
loco2.com is good for train too (Paris to Bordeaux). Prices on 14 June have gone up slightly. But still good value at £15.50 for the earlier one or £28 for afternoon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic