Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preston North End/Rep of Ireland Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preston North End/Rep of Ireland Football Club
    Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 5:00pm
Might as well have their own thread given the current Irish contingent there.

Posted a few weeks ago that they may have a late charge at the playoffs and they look like they could at least be within touching distance of it.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 5:44pm
It'll be very tight. I would like to see them there but more less likely they'll make the playoffs to be honest!

Leeds and Huddersfield are probably already there. Wouldn't be surprised if them 2 ended up in the Playoff finals.
Reading and Sheff Wed alot more inconsistent and have to play each other next week but you have Fulham first in the queue who are in deadly form - They are usually poor away from Home but they tore Newcastle apart today, Newcastle losing at Home is usually surprising but then losing to a team who are poor away even more so.

Said in the Horgan thread before he signed that Preston was a fantastic choice. Simon Grayson quietly doing amazing things there.

His signings in the last few years include;
Daryl Horgan - Free
Andy Boyle - Free
Jordan Pickford - Loan
Aidey McGeady - Loan
Tom Barkhuizen - £100,000. 
Callum Robinson - £400,000

Not only picking cheap youngsters but he's previously made total washed up has-been's like Jermaine Beckford look like hot prospects
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 8:08pm
Fulham have the 3rd best away record in The Championship Thumbs Up

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 10:53am
Huddersfield could even challenge for automatic promotion never mind for the playoffs. they're 6 points behind but have a game in hand.
by all accounts, PNE fans are very happy with the performances of their irish contingent.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:07am
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:16am
There are no words. Embarrassed
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:29am
What the f*ck is that.....
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:29am
Brilliant LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:37pm
Been talking to some PNE fans in Sunderland this afternoon ahead of their game against Newcastle tonight they really rate Aido and had good things to say about Horgan & Boyle. Great guys and of course they liked the Double Maxim draught.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:45am
With Seanie Maquire off to Preston they really are becoming Englands 'Irish' club.
Cool
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

With Seanie Maquire off to Preston they really are becoming Englands 'Irish' club.
Cool

No.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 12:33pm
LOL
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 12:54pm

Cool

Was already the first result I was checking in the championship. Even more so now.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Grayson his the Irish market again, was on the radio acknowledging the potential of picking up good players for cheap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Cool

Was already the first result I was checking in the championship. Even more so now.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Grayson his the Irish market again, was on the radio acknowledging the potential of picking up good players for cheap
You can't blame them, you really can't, but it is so depressing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 5:17am
Looks like Kevin O'Connor will be making the move from Cork city to Preston he shouldn't have a problem settling in!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 3:28pm
Which mod changed that title?!

I never put in Republic of Ireland Football Club ffs
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 3:44pm
Around 1993 I met some groundhoppers from Preston North End before a Shamrock Rovers v Bohs league game at RDS.  They had been to Cork and one of them was delighted with the colours (and advertisement) of the hoodie/woven top version of this jersey below.

Since then I've made a connection between CCFC/PNE.

Cork City 1993 jersey

Edited by UCDFAN - 07 Jun 2017 at 3:44pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 3:53pm
Guinness wouldn't be seen dead putting their logo anywhere near a football jersey these days. Too downmarket for the rugger lovers in their morkeshing deportment
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic