Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 46>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 1:00am
Like last season, I think Liverpool will go very close to the PL and CL double.

The loss of Kompany was hugely underplayed for City imo. When you look at that run in last season, City ground that out in the last 6/7 PL games. Kompany was key in that. Laporte was huge for them in that run. City will now play half a season or more without Laporte. They also have Fernandinho and Silva not nailed on at all as definite starters. There is a huge shift in the City team at the moment.

Also the myth around their bench and squad being incredible has been truly busted. You look at that back 4 vs Norwich and you have to wonder how they ended up with it. Pep might need to rip it all up and start again tactically. He may have to swallow his pride around issues with the likes of Mendy, put him wing back or something like that with a back 3.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Liverpool absolutely ripped Newcastle asunder after going behind. Klopp and the team have very much tweaked how they are going about their games tactically this year. It is far closer to Klopps first full season in charge when they played some great stuff in the first half of that season. Playing far higher up the pitch and just trying to blow teams away. I think that's in response to the number of draws that effectively cost them the title last season. They realise that to win the title, most likely they can't afford to be dropping points mid table sides like Leicester, Everton, United and West Ham.

Alternatively, you could be dropping all 3 points to relegation fodder such as Palace and Newcastle. Or even Norwich.

No team, not even City, can get 114 points over the season, so points will be dropped somewhere. Liverpool took 60 points from a possible 60 against the bottom half of the table last year. While 2 draws at Everton and utd with 2 clean sheets should be fine. The Leicester and West Ham draws did Liverpool far more damage than losing at City. Two results shouldn't do a lot of damage with 3 whole months to go, but that's how it is these days. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:14am
Last weekend was the reverse fixtures of the final day of the season. So 
when Norwich go to City on the final day, they might be able to put up a sterner test to City than Brighton did last season, if they have to. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 4:29pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49759940

Surprised this has gone unmentioned on here.

Especially from all those crying about City's owners since they started to win things
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Especially from all those crying about City's owners since they started to win things

Goes with the territory - Sheffield United isn't currently a world famous brand with global aspirations. City now is. 

And ultimately, this is a soundbite about a hypothetical rather than the largely successful sportswashing of a state. If it becomes that, then more people will naturally talk.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 19 Sep 2019 at 4:42pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Goes with the territory - Sheffield United isn't currently a world famous brand with global aspirations. City now is. 

And ultimately, this is a soundbite about a hypothetical rather than the largely successful sportswashing of a state. If it becomes that, then more people will naturally talk.
Exactly.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 5:01pm
Part of the point I've made on here.
Not many batted an eyelid about City's owners til the last season or two when City have won back to back leagues. (of course there have been exceptions)

Which leads onto the point that they don't really care about what they're criticising City's owners for, they're just angry/bitter that they've beaten their favourite club to a trophy!

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 19 Sep 2019 at 5:02pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:03pm
Liverpool can get their goal difference up here..

Edited by Double Maxim - 22 Sep 2019 at 5:03pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:28pm
Arsenal fckin it up again I see
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Arsenal fckin it up again I see

Down to 10. Good day for United so LOLWink
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:51pm
Can see Leicester breaking the  top 4 this season. Liverpool, city, spurs, Leicester.  Utd, arsenal and Chelsea are in too much of a transition (for utd and arsenal it's not so much of a transition rather they are just not good enough). 

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Sep 2019 at 5:51pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Can see Leicester breaking the  top 4 this season. Liverpool, city, spurs, Leicester.  Utd, arsenal and Chelsea are in too much of a transition (for utd and arsenal it's not so much of a transition rather they are just not good enough). 

I said at the start of the season a Lesta or Wolves could get 6th.
Wolves have had a poor start but Lesta could do it. 
Top 4 might be asking to much but they could break into the top 6.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:24pm
LestaEmbarrassed
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:39pm
We (Villa) were the catalysts of our own downfall today, Taylor is shocking! Clumsy mistakes for goals by Mings & Engels, Guilbert played well again.
May only be five games but I think already McGinn and Grealish in the same side can't work, both like to drive and sit deep as a three close to defence… nobody is around for Wesley's play/knockdown, well McGinn is, and has had a good season so far… seems to be our biggest threat
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:14pm
Tomori looks a good prospect at the back for Chelsea
Had a good game today
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:37pm
Amazing how Palace didn’t win that game today
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 12:12am
Liverpool to have the perfect PL season? 38 wins on the bounce. They actually have a shot at it imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Liverpool to have the perfect PL season? 38 wins on the bounce. They actually have a shot at it imo.

Not a hope

May go invincible but won’t get 114 points 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 46>
  Share Topic