You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 46>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 1:26am
The Aguero thing seemed to be about him not going off on the far side when City were chasing a goal.

City had plenty of chances at 2-1 up and have only themselves to blame. They were dominant until Moura came on and scored; after that they were drab.

Entirely their own fault they weren't winning long before the end, whatever about the ref and VAR. The decision was correct, whether you agree with the new laws or not.

Even after the non-penalty incident in the first half, City still had a lead they couldn't hold on to. Entirely their own fault.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I wonder if Planning is keeping a dossier again this season for decisions both the officials and VaR get wrong, such as the Rodri non penalty today  
Two games in and Vaggio is snappin already.
Jesus (and Jaysus) wept.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:51am
I didn’t see the game so can’t really comment much on it, just match of the day last night. Spurs only had a couple of shots and city dominated, so there isn’t much to worry about on that front. 
I apologise if I was snappy GazLOL

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:30am
Video Assisted Replays. 

Goals chalked off for a hand ball that lead to it, even if it wasn’t deliberate. 

We can’t complain. This is EXACTLY what we wanted after that Thierry Henry handball ten years ago. 

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I wonder if Planning is keeping a dossier again this season for decisions both the officials and VaR get wrong, such as the Rodri non penalty today

Hans has taken over the running of the logbook it seems. 

The English don't want VAR to intervene in "subjective" decisions, the so called "high bar" nonsense. So in the above case, they got what they wanted, the cherry picking VAR in operation, not the full VAR that everyone else in the world is obliged to respect and implement. 

The English just want VAR to rule on black and white scenarios. A VAR can only do what he is told. So if a forward handles the ball or is half an inch offside, it will be spotted, so a goal must and will be ruled out. That is not harsh, that is VAR doing what it's supposed to do. Cleaning the crap out of football. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I was at Arsenal Burnley today. We had a VAR decision which ruled out a goal for Arsenal on the stroke of half time. As an Arsenal fan I found it a fairly dramatic experience. At first we celebrated as anyone would then the ref signaled that VAR were checking something. The suspense for the next 30 to 60 seconds had the crowd on tenterhooks. People were weirdly giddy, that was perhaps down to novelty...a chant even broke out for 10 or so seconds. Alas the decision went against us however I felt the experience didn't overly constrain the game.

It'll be interesting come the end of the season to compare last seasons rules (applied to this season) to how many results will have been changed this season because of VAR. For example both of Arsenal's and City's goals today would have stood (which as a result would have meant 3 points for City instead of 1) had it not been for VAR. I'm sure some brainbox is on the case.

Th Linesman ruled it was offside then they went upstairs . A Gooner ehh, hummm it gets worse .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

You and Shoco are probably correct. My wording is off there,
You don't appear to know the difference between a transitive verb and an intransitive one.

But you certainly know what "intransigent" means. Wink

Anyhow, yesterday's decision was correct, as an interpretation of the new law.

But the new law is appalling, in that it completely sacrifices fairness on the altar of certainty.

And it's not even as if it's consistent, for the "infringement" yesterday for Jesus's goal would not have been an infringement if occurring in any other context in any other area of the field.

And that's before you get to the general principle that for something to be an infringement, it has to be deliberate i.e. player collides with opponent entirely unintentionally: no foul; versus player knowingly clatters into opponent: foul.

As a Spurs fan, I felt sorry for Man Cit.....

Oh f**k that, Hell slap it into that baldy bastard and his entire team! Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Video Assisted Replays. 

Goals chalked off for a hand ball that lead to it, even if it wasn’t deliberate. 

We can’t complain. This is EXACTLY what we wanted after that Thierry Henry handball ten years ago. 

Nonsense.

The Henry handball was entirely deliberate - he said so himself.

Therefore you didn't need a rule change to see it ruled out, VAR would have done it. Or a half-competent set of officials.

Still, you have to laugh...Wink

Edited by Territorial - 18 Aug 2019 at 2:48pm
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Lads fcuk off reporting posts on a saturday night ffs, we've better things to be doing than have our emails hopping even if you haven't. 

Well said.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 12:20pm
Thought Ederson's positioning was very poor for Spurs' first goal. He's about 7 yards out from his goal line when Lamela shoots from the edge of the box.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 1:13pm
Agreed. His positioning was at fault for the goal
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Thought Ederson's positioning was very poor for Spurs' first goal. He's about 7 yards out from his goal line when Lamela shoots from the edge of the box.

You might think that had he been lobbed.

But surely advancing off your line helps with shots towards the corners by cutting down the angle? (Dunno if that's the right phrase, but you know what I mean)

As it was, Lamela's shot wasn't even that close to the post.

Seems to me it wasn't so much his positioning, as his footwork and reactions which were at fault.

Either way, you might have expected better.

Edited by Territorial - 19 Aug 2019 at 4:54pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

You might think that had he been lobbed.

But surely advancing off your line helps with shots towards the corners by cutting down the angle? (Dunno if that's the right phrase, but you know what I mean)

As it was, Lamela's shot wasn't even that close to the post.

Seems to me it wasn't so much his positioning, as his footwork and reactions which were at fault.

Either way, you might have expected better.

I'd agree, in a one-on-one type situation. But there were a few players between himself and the ball, making it harder to see. His sight (including reactions in this) of the ball, and his ability to move his feet to make the save, might have been helped if he was closer to his goal line.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:51pm
What a miss by Walcott there
Kean has looked good
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 9:18pm
The fight for 4th place is going to be f**kin brutal if the first 3 games are anything to go by
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 11:06pm
United back in the title race now, could be their year
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Are they?

LOLLOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Are they?

LOLLOL

Definitely, absolutely massive win today, potentially season defining.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 46>
  Share Topic