Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 46>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

you said he flicked it on with his arm, I took that as you suggesting it was deliberate 

Why would you take that as me believing it to be deliberate?

He flicked it with his arm. It cannot be a goal from there. The rule fixes a rotten grey area in the game that has existed for a long long time.

Deliberate or accidental has nothing to do with it when handling a ball in the process of scoring a goal. Surely thats a really good thing?

See you just said it again, “he flicked it with him arm” to me that’s making it sound deliberate 

He didn’t flick it, the ball hit his arm

He did flick it with his arm. That is a fact. That is why it's a great rule. I'm not sure how you can read that as me saying it's intentional btw, I'm just stating a fact. Either way nobody but Laporte can know his intent in the situation (I don't believe it was intentional at all) which is why the black and white nature of the ruling now is spot on.

Do you believe it's a bad thing that handling the ball in the build up or scoring of a goal is being 100 percent disallowed now?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:08pm
You couldn’t make it up, another injury time winner against Spurs at the Etihad ruled out by VAR, and in that game in April Spurs’ critical goal was allowed despite it comimg off Llorente’s arm, where’s tonight’s Laporte’s was disallowed. LOL

Have to say it was the correct decision though

Rodri should have had a penalty for sure

All this talk of the new handball rule clearing up a grey area, can anyone explain to me why Watford didn’t win a penalty for a Glenn Murray handball in the box last weekend? 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:17pm
The short answer is the Brighton players arms were close enough to his side.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:31pm

That was defo a peno if were going by todays stupid rules by murray last week. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Rules for what? Laporte handball? They are totally different scenarios.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:39pm

I dont mean today as in today literally. Its a general expression.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:39pm

you said he flicked it on with his arm, I took that as you suggesting it was deliberate 

Why would you take that as me believing it to be deliberate?

He flicked it with his arm. It cannot be a goal from there. The rule fixes a rotten grey area in the game that has existed for a long long time.

Deliberate or accidental has nothing to do with it when handling a ball in the process of scoring a goal. Surely thats a really good thing?

See you just said it again, “he flicked it with him arm” to me that’s making it sound deliberate 

He didn’t flick it, the ball hit his arm

He did flick it with his arm. That is a fact. That is why it's a great rule. I'm not sure how you can read that as me saying it's intentional btw, I'm just stating a fact. Either way nobody but Laporte can know his intent in the situation (I don't believe it was intentional at all) which is why the black and white nature of the ruling now is spot on.

Do you believe it's a bad thing that handling the ball in the build up or scoring of a goal is being 100 percent disallowed now?
I think it is your wording here. It flicked off his arm rather than him flicking it. It implies intent.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:45pm
You and Shoco are probably correct. My wording is off there, it would have been the way I've always spoken of actions like that in football though, intent or not. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:48pm

I dont mean today as in today literally. Its a general expression.

The Brighton handball is debatable at best by today's handball rules. I think they got it right, but it's one scenario (how far the arm is from the side) that is open to interpretation. Most other tweaks to the handball rules are good (besides the sliding on the floor one which I think is ridiculous).
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:58pm

You and Shoco are probably correct. My wording is off there, it would have been the way I've always spoken of actions like that in football though, intent or not. 
That's fair enough, I just think that's where the confusion came from. I think the rule does clear it up alright, even if Manchester City were unfortunate in this instance. The two clowns on MOTD seem to disagree, so it must be good. I forgot why I stopped watching it.

Some of the new rules are a little hard to get used to. I am still struggling to see defenders running towards the goalkeeper for goal-kicks, even if I think it makes more sense than the old rule.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:05pm
I wonder if Planning is keeping a dossier again this season for decisions both the officials and VaR get wrong, such as the Rodri non penalty today  
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:14pm
The Rodri one is a really awful call. You can have a VAR all you want but when the officials aren't near the required level on or off the field, there will be plenty of wrong calls.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That's fair enough, I just think that's where the confusion came from. I think the rule does clear it up alright, even if Manchester City were unfortunate in this instance. The two clowns on MOTD seem to disagree, so it must be good. I forgot why I stopped watching it.

Some of the new rules are a little hard to get used to. I am still struggling to see defenders running towards the goalkeeper for goal-kicks, even if I think it makes more sense than the old rule.

The new goal kick rule is good also. The previous rule became a nonsense with teams stepping in on purpose for a retake if caught out on a short kick out.

The handball ruling out goals scored like Citys tonight is a great addition.

There has been a huge clearing up in handball rules as well now, they've finally started defining exact situations, so there's plenty of simpler black and white calls. There are a few scenarios there that could do with more tidying up but imo the removal of intent around the handball is a big plus. This notion that all player will kick it off opposition hands for penalties is just silly. That is only plausible if every handball was a foul which the rules clearly state is not the case.

I actually think these rule tweaks would have done the refs a huge favour years ago. Now with VAR, every call is scrutinised hugely and often totally incorrectly by pundits. It just becomes a sh*tstorm left right and centre.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:26pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The new goal kick rule is good also. The previous rule became a nonsense with teams stepping in on purpose for a retake if caught out on a short kick out.

The handball ruling out goals scored like Citys tonight is a great addition.

There has been a huge clearing up in handball rules as well now, they've finally started defining exact situations, so there's plenty of simpler black and white calls. There are a few scenarios there that could do with more tidying up but imo the removal of intent around the handball is a big plus. This notion that all player will kick it off opposition hands for penalties is just silly. That is only plausible if every handball was a foul which the rules clearly state is not the case.

I actually think these rule tweaks would have done the refs a huge favour years ago. Now with VAR, every call is scrutinised hugely and often totally incorrectly by pundits. It just becomes a sh*tstorm left right and centre.
Yeah, I like the goal-kick rule too, it just takes time to adjust.

I think you are right in that if we had a few years of these  rules before VAR was implemented there would be less scrutiny and outcry. That's the big problem with VAR, the interpretation leads to the delays and confusion and often, as on Wednesday, the wrong outcome.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:33pm
Without doubt it's the perfect sh*tstorm. In one way you'd feel a bit sorry for the officials (and I never ever do LOL)

Even today, the handball. It's such a simple rule but there was an outcry from everyone that the goal didn't stand. Do people want the referee to spot that, or the VAR, but then say no that doesn't seem the fairest and award the goal!

The biggest thing that VAR should be stamping down on is diving. It's actually getting worse in every game imo. I actually think that it's harder for a tv replay to adjudge the level of contact than the on field ref, so players can actually get away with going down under the lightest of contacts now and winning a penalty or free. The yanks have a term for that thing, something like a soft tv foul or something. So VAR doesn't solve everything.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:33pm
McGin, Hourihane, Luiz and Grealish - Villa should get plenty of goals from outside the box this season
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:41pm
What about Guardiola and Aguero today LOL I thought Guardiola was going to  go back up the few rows at one point and bate him. he doesn't take kindly to anyone questioning him, especially publicly.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 17 Aug 2019 at 11:54pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:36am
Seems very angry this season. Losing it at the charity shield and now that today
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 46>
  Share Topic